The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéBeach
An early screening of Kyurem and the Sacred Swordman - Keldeo took place in Japan today, as has been the case for Pokemon movies these past few years. And as usual, after the credits finished, a teaser for next year's movie rolled. According to one moviegoer, the teaser showed some kind of "flying saucer" hovering over a wasteland and changing into Genesect! Not that there was any doubt Genesect would be featured in the 16th movie as the last fifth generation Pokemon to be revealed, but still exciting nonetheless! Hopefully we'll see the teaser online within the next few weeks and Genesect's official revealing soon after.
Well, there you have it! I'm definitely very interested to see where this goes. Can't wait to get a sneak peak of the trailer.

Last edited by Kenshin5; February 11th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, this is exciting. It'll be great to see how they portray Genesects backstory, as that was one the parts about the first movie that I liked the most. Though yeah, can't wait to get a look at the trailer once it comes out.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I wonder if we'll get a sneak peak at a Gen VI Pokemon. Sometimes in the last movie of a generation we get new Pokemon. See: Pokemon Heroes, Ranger movie, Zoroark etc. I'm just being wishful n___n
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

OKAY, GUYS, GUYS. I JUST SAW THE FUTURE AND WATCHED THE MOVIE. HERES PLOT:

Ash and friends go to a town that wasn't never in the games but somehow people give a crap. The go interact with people who also weren't in the games (And even a new Pokemon that nobody ever expected to appear despite the trailers completely emphasizing on it) for about half an hour until, OMG, DARKRAI GIRATINA ARCEUS ZOROARK RESHIRAM ZEKROM KYREUM GENESECT ATTACKS!!1!!11!1!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
I wonder if we'll get a sneak peak at a Gen VI Pokemon. Sometimes in the last movie of a generation we get new Pokemon. See: Pokemon Heroes, Ranger movie, Zoroark etc. I'm just being wishful n___n
Although I don't think this will be the last movie of the current generation, I do agree. It definitely wouldn't be too surprising. We saw Munchlax in May 2004, in Destiny Deoxys, which was only the second movie of the third generation, two years before Diamond and Pearl were released. I'd love if they teased us throughout the next few years like they did within Lucario & Mew and the Pokémon within Battle Frontier series too.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Maybe Plasma will finally show up?

Maybe?

=/

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

2015 for PS3 & PS4

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post

Maybe?

=/
All the info we have thus far is what Pokebeach gave us. Right now we have no indication if they do or don't. So they have just as good a chance appearing in Best Wishes Season 2 then a movie if at all. Only time and farther info will tell.

And I agree with Mew I doubt this is the last movie of the gen. And either way I would love to see a sixth gen pokey, since Pokemon Co. seems to be planning ahead a bit with things like sequels to BW and what not.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I doubt we see any VI gen Pokémon since we actually haven't seen the complete V gen.
I believe Genesect is too important to have his reveal foreshadowed by glimpse of VI gen Pokémon.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I doubt we see any VI gen Pokémon since we actually haven't seen the complete V gen.
I believe Genesect is too important to have his reveal foreshadowed by glimpse of VI gen Pokémon.
It wouldn't really be that much of an appearance. In Destiny Deoxys they gave us Munchlax and it didn't really take any time away from Deoxys/Rayquaza.

I hope Team Plasma do make an appearance, since Genesect is basically their creation it would make sense, perhaps we'll get a glimpse at the start like Mewtwo Strikes Back? Where we see it being modified and maybe see Genesect's earlier forme.
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:22 AM
zid_sen
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

Nature: Lonely
My Friend from other site say,
that when opening of the movie 16,
Genesect flying around desert.

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Pokebeach has the 16th movie trailer up. And it does seem like Genesect going though a desert. Perhaps the setting will be based on a desert town?
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM
zid_sen
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Pokebeach has the 16th movie trailer up. And it does seem like Genesect going though a desert. Perhaps the setting will be based on a desert town?
Yeah,
i think that logic,
because Genesect really suit to desert place.

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Talking about Gen 6, I don't know... Maybe the fake NEW B2W2 Starters could be confirmed.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptobazooka View Post
Talking about Gen 6, I don't know... Maybe the fake NEW B2W2 Starters could be confirmed.
Um, those starters were confirmed to be fake a long time ago. Plus they would never reveal something as big as the starters in a movie. If you look at past starter revealings you'll see that they create a lot of hype surrounding them.
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
OKAY, GUYS, GUYS. I JUST SAW THE FUTURE AND WATCHED THE MOVIE. HERES PLOT:

Ash and friends go to a town that wasn't never in the games but somehow people give a crap. The go interact with people who also weren't in the games (And even a new Pokemon that nobody ever expected to appear despite the trailers completely emphasizing on it)
Because god forbid the anime use things that weren't in the games. And the main characters totally watch the previews from their side of the forth wall. Right. :/

Anyway, I'm gonna wait until we find out something about the actual plot to get excited, but hey, UFO Genesect! Can't go wrong with that, right?

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
NixChill
Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post

Maybe?

=/
it would make sense for team plasma to show up. after all, they did create genesect. im guessing that genesect will come out like mewtwo did, breaks out his pod and destroys the lab. and genesect is attacking because it just has been revived of a fossil and has not learned about how his time has changed because he lived a lllloooooooonnnnnngggggg time ago (like, in the prehistoric age. he's probebly thinking "WTF? this doesn't look like pangea.")
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

So its Red Extreme Speed Genesect vs Normal Genesect

Quote:
Originally Posted by serebii
In The Anime Department
Pokémon Best Wishes - Extreme Genesect

Following on from this morning's reveal of the upcoming movie, Extremespeed Genesect, the Japanese Variety Show Oha Suta has aired the first footage of the movie. This trailer featured Genesect flying through a city, only to be overtaken by the Red Genesect who heads towards Ash then shooting up onto a building. Our friends at Filb will have the trailer up shortly but in the meantime, I've created some screenshots for the trailer and have putted them in our movie page.
Edit @ 23:03; Small summaries thanks to Sabonea Masukippa:
Extremespeed Genesect: What is this red Genesect, a Pokemon from 300 million years ago, who boasts special speed and power doing in the middle of a large mordern city?
Pikachu & Eevee Friends: Pikachu and other cute Pokemon come to play in their home, 'Eevee House', but Meowth's gets up to mischeif causing a great stir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serebii
In The Anime Department
Pokémon Best Wishes - Movie 16 News

The first details of the next Pokémon movie have started to come through the Japanese magazine, CoroCoro. The sixteenth movie has been revealed to feature a shiny Genesect, showcasing the appearance it has in flight, and be called Extremespeed Genesect (神速のゲノセクト), with tradition dictating there will likely be an addition to the title in the Spring. The movie is due for release in Japan in July 13th 2013. Attached is a Pikachu short that features Eevee called Pikachu & Eevee Friends (ピカチュウとイーブイフレンズ). In addition to that, Genesect is to be given again in Japan from January 11th 2013 to February 10th 2013 in Pokémon Centres across Japan for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. We'll provide more details as it comes
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Awwww Yeah, nothing like a good dose of a giant insecticon robot battle. Despite that, everyone expected Mewtwo or Jirachi/Deoxys to co-star with the revived parasitic fossil, but having another Genesect shows either a sign of laziness or the loss of Genesect's uniqueness as being the only one of its kind in modern times like Mewtwo.
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I think having two is interesting. Not any list interesting that having Zoroark and its pre-evolution Zorua as featured mons. I'm interested to see how the N arc will play into the movie, which the events of the arc go directly into the plot of the movie. I am also interested in the Pikachu short cause maybe they will show a new Eeveelution if its "Eevee friends".

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 13th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Awwww Yeah, nothing like a good dose of a giant insecticon robot battle. Despite that, everyone expected Mewtwo or Jirachi/Deoxys to co-star with the revived parasitic fossil, but having another Genesect shows either a sign of laziness or the loss of Genesect's uniqueness as being the only one of its kind in modern times like Mewtwo.
You're saying that like the Red Genesect was created by Team Plasma when the summary said that the Red Genesect was from 300 million years ago (which, in my opinion, is interesting and something that I hope the expand upon.) It's possible that the normal Genesect was created by Team Plasma, and the Red Genesect was the 'original' Genesect or something (I don't see where it says it was a parasitic fossil). I'm not sure but I'm also interested to see how the N arc will play into the movie.

The Pikachu Short sounds cute, and if the are going to give us a new eeveelution (which after Virgil in the anime and then this will not be surprising) it would be a good time to since it seems they will be missing the chance to do so in the anime.
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Genesect is 300 Million years old, but Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon. The purple Genesect was probably a clone or something. I would say it was revived from a fossil, because it is 300 Million years old. I don't think a pokemon can live that long. So like I said, the purple one could be a clone.

This was taken from Bulbapedia:
Genesect was revived from a Fossil and technologically enhanced by Team Plasma to create the most powerful Pokémon ever. N had the project cancelled and the P2 Laboratory closed because he felt that Pokémon, who he thought to be perfect beings, would lose their beauty if modified by science. However, Scientist Dudley kept working on it, angry that N denied his talent. This scientist reconstructed Genesect and installed the cannon on its back.

Last edited by Iceman3317; December 13th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

So, frankly, it could be what I said before, just adding in the fact that Plasma did make Genesect from a fossil. The Red Genesect could easily be another Genesect that adapted or something along the lines. But in general there's no saying that there can't be multiples to begin with like with several other Legendaries. Like Lati@s, Lugia, etc.
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
So, frankly, it could be what I said before, just adding in the fact that Plasma did make Genesect from a fossil. The Red Genesect could easily be another Genesect that adapted or something along the lines. But in general there's no saying that there can't be multiples to begin with like with several other Legendaries. Like Lati@s, Lugia, etc.
But the original Genesects do not have cannons, as pointed out by Iceman, which contradicts your theory of the Red Genesect being one of them. The point I'm trying to make is that Genesect is suppose to be like Mewtwo: the only one of its kind, much like the Lake trio, the Creation trio, and Arceus.
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Scorpiopt

i have been thinking if genesect gets the extreme speed move . it will be even more dangerous in battle
since this extremespeed genesect title is there for a reason

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But the original Genesects do not have cannons, as pointed out by Iceman, which contradicts your theory of the Red Genesect being one of them. The point I'm trying to make is that Genesect is suppose to be like Mewtwo: the only one of its kind, much like the Lake trio, the Creation trio, and Arceus.
The summary is pretty confusing if that is the case then. If the Red Genesect isn't supposed to be there in the 'modern city' and the Purple one may or may not is supposed to be then why is that? Also why mention 300 million years ago?

Maybe the developers just forgot the idea of the cannon being a new thing. :V but either way I don't mind the idea of there being more than one of them if they originally were more than one before it became a fossil. Nothing says that it was the only one of it's find before it was fossilized (unless there is but I wouldn't know and I'm too lazy to look).

Genesect normally can't learn Extemespeed. So the fact that it does (plus the fact that it is shiny) is what makes it special and thus why it is part of the title.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here