• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you dealing with spoilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like to know what's in the game like the new features that make it different from BW, so I didn't avoid any of those. However I did avoid anything plot related best I could, sometimes I would get curious and spoil myself and then I would be disappointed. I know the new towns and some new characters and that half the region's frozen, but I don't really know how it all fits together. I'd much rather play it myself.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I am embracing spoilers and will gladly take any spoilers that anyone wants to send my way.

For me, spoilers are vital to me making an informed buying decision regarding these games. It's like buying a car or house - I can't purchase it blind. I need to know what it features, what it can offer, whether it will be a good match for me, and what things I need to beware of or try to avoid with it. I need to make sure that the game will be satisfactory before I plunk down cash for it. I don't want to be burned like I was with certain previous Pokemon games. So spoilers are actually pretty essential to me.

Calvolt

Finely tuned machine
Years
I've taken spoilers on important battles, but nothing else. No story, Pokémon, or location knowledge for me!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
To be honest, I don't really care much for spoilers. It's like, I know I'm not gonna get the game, so I don't go out of my way to avoid reading spoilers, but I don't really frequent the forum reading the spoilers either. The only times I've really been updated on the whole thing is either when someone mentions it in a club, or when someone spoils on the IRC chats.

Spoilers on the plot and stuff never reached me though, so it's mainly important characters and event that I've been spoiled though.

Years
I try to learn only the important spoilers, such as people which may include Gym Leaders, rivals or even the player themselves. This also includes new places within a new game.

Anything plot wise I tend to avoid, since I want to learn for myself whilst playing.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm staying away from everything involving the games in fear of learning something I don't want to know yet. As of now, I only know who the characters are, who's in the game, what the map looks like, the order of Leaders, one of the Elite 4(on accident), and some characteristics of the Champion(on accident). Anything else plot-wise and League-wise, I don't know. And I'd prefer it stayed that way until I get the game myself. I've already been accidentally spoiled enough as it is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've been doing a fairly good job with avoiding spoilers so far and I want to try to keep that up until I get the game. The most I have seen are sprites and that's fine since that was going to be unavoidable anyways. Oh, and who the champion is but what was because of someone's theme so I suppose that was a bit unavoidable as well. As long as I don't know the story and plot points I think I'll be fine.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
With Black and White I avoided almost all spoilers. I hardly knew any of the new Pokémon when first playing trough the games and didn't know what the story was about. It was very different from my playtrough of Diamond, where I knew of every new Pokémon and knew the story before playing.

With Black 2 and White 2 I figured that I knew the Pokémon and the region, so I was mostly interested in the new features. So I embraced the spoilers and I even follow a Let's Play of the games. So yeah, very different from my pre-Black/White experience (but I'll be doing that again for Gen VI. It was very fun exploring the games and encountering each Pokémon and figuring out how the rustling grass worked, etc. especially when I played alongside my brother.)

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Well don't get me wrong I love a good story but come on... most Pokemon games story lines can be described in under 5 sentences. Not really a huge deal...

Example: Team A wants to take over the water! Team B wants to take over the land! you beat the gyms while training Pokemon and then beat the crap out of both teams. Your the big hero afterwards you catch Pokemon/battle until the next set of games come out.

Years
I really try my best not to look too deep into spoilers because they can ruin my game experience if I already know what's gonna happen. Though usually whenever I look at content containing spoilers, I just skim over the spoilers to get a general summary of what's gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I really don't care, and I actually don't like the fact that there even exist "spoilers" for a Pokemon game, there really shouldn't be imo, it's way too story based it's freaking ridiculous lol.

Bobina30

•Grαphικs Pαrαdιsε•
Years
I really don't care, and I actually don't like the fact that there even exist "spoilers" for a Pokemon game, there really shouldn't be imo, it's way too story based it's freaking ridiculous lol.

True story, youre very right i agree

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
yeah i agree there aren't too many "spoilers" in a pokemon game it's the same basic idea with slightly different aesthetics and new pokemon each time a new generation comes out and maybe a few new formes if your in the same generation

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Now I might stay away from the videos on the official site as well. It spoiled the identity of the champion to me in a related video... :/

even though i pretty much knew who it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back