The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I've never really had a problem with the spin dash or rolling in Sonic Generations, but then again I never play as Classic Sonic. But yeah I think it would be pretty awesome to play as Tails or Knuckles. Also, is it just me or could they have easily put in a 2-player mode in the same way they did the Shadow rival battle for the console version? I think that would've been pretty cool, of course they would have to have more maps than just Final Rush and there would have to be more characters to unlock or something. Like unlock Metal Sonic by beating him or something. Or am I going crazy?

"Farewell Sonic... my admirable adversary."
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

Nature: Brave
I don't think you're going crazy, that would be a wonderful idea. I love playing as Classic Sonic, and I actually never really noticed anything wrong with his Spin dash and rolling physics. :\ However knowing sega they won't release any DLC... but we can still dream right? :V

Challenges completed:
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue final Level:70
Defeat the Elite Four + Champion with 1 Pokemon!-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue Level:74
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Swampert in Ruby Level:67
Love Sonic the hedgehog? Come join The Final Zone today!
http://thefinalzone.org/
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
It would be awesome to play as Tails or Knuckles, in fact it'd be cool to see classic Knuckles, and classic Amy as well. I don't think the rolling physics are off, well maybe they are a tad bit. But they're not as bad as they are in Sonic 4. :\ Dimps forgot how to program in the Spin Dash because back in Sonic Advance they did it right, however they messed it up in Sonic 4. In episode 2 though you don't really need it since Sonic and Tails have their rolling combo move, but it'd still be nice to see them fix that. xP Sorry for my mini-rant other than that minor detail I enjoy Sonic 4 both ep.1 and 2. xD
Try gaining momentum by rolling down a slope. I dare you.

Also rolling in Episode 2 wasn't fixed completely. When you roll down a steep slope, it works fine. But try rolling down a slightly slanted hill...try it.

"Effort? Whats that?" -Takashi Iizuka

Also the Archie Comics are doing a Sonic/Megaman crossover. But considering the lacklustre quality of the Mega Man comics and the confusing-ness of the Sonic comics, I'm not putting my hopes up.

Seriously, when I heard of a Mega Man comic, I crapped my pants. But instead of expanding on the games storyline, it was just a straightforward adaptation, with almost nothing interesting.

Last edited by Plasmette; July 12th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Really? I didn't even know they had a Megaman Comic, and I can see why it would be bad. But I like Megaman nonetheless. But a crossover comic between Sonic and Megaman? You gotta admit that's kinda hilarious. Those aren't really the two I'd imagine to have a crossover at all. In my opinion it's cool and it's kinda weird at the same time.

The Sonic comics can be a bit confusing, but they shouldn't be if you've been reading them for a long time, without missing an issue.(which I haven't done =P) But the story is actually gets pretty crazy, and complex.

Old July 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

I used to pick up the comics every month. Then issue 225 came out, and missed it due to it not being sold where I bought the comics. I then lost interest and haven't looked back.

But I heard the comics got worse. Its called The Anti Mecha Sally club. They wanna get Ian Flynn fired for writing the comic. Most of the members hate the comic and don't care about it, yet they want the writer fired. Idiots.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Last thing I read had something to do with Dr. Finitevus and all these other bad guys. It was like the Gathering Tempest or something. Come to think of it, I don't even know how I was able to read them. There's no place in my area I can get them. Anyways, I bet I'm like a year behind or something.

Old July 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Clucknadus
Tornadus Therian Form

Nature: Adamant
Hey, I love Sonic! I'll join!

Username: Clucknadus
Favorite Sonic character(s): Knuckles, Blaze
EMERALD

I own a Sega Genesis and all the original Sonic games, and also the Sonic Rush games for DS. I want to get Sonic Generations, but... money... and the more important Pokemon games.

White 2 FC: 4256-1301-5374 (I legally PokeGen my competitive teams)
My Facebook Page
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Ravenfreak

When I was younger I picked up one comic, and had a subscription to it for a tiny bit. Though I lost all of them, and i'm not really a big fan of the comics that much. :\ When I was younger though I thought they were awesome. :3 I'm not sure if i'm looking forward to Mega Man and Sonic teaming up in a comic... I might check out the first issue and see if I like it. I've never read any of the MM comics, so I don't really know what to expect. :V

Challenges completed:
Defeat the Elite Four + Champion with 1 Pokemon!-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue Level:74
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Yeaa, Ill just stick to my own Sonic continuity, which is the right continuity.
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
That being "Only the first three happened"?

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 12th, 2012, 10:37 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Quote:
I don't think you're going crazy, that would be a wonderful idea. I love playing as Classic Sonic, and I actually never really noticed anything wrong with his Spin dash and rolling physics. :\ However knowing sega they won't release any DLC... but we can still dream right? :V
Why have SEGA release DLC when the fans are modding the game (specifically the PC version) to do so as we speak? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clucknadus View Post
Hey, I love Sonic! I'll join!

Username: Clucknadus
Favorite Sonic character(s): Knuckles, Blaze
EMERALD

I own a Sega Genesis and all the original Sonic games, and also the Sonic Rush games for DS. I want to get Sonic Generations, but... money... and the more important Pokemon games.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
AKA The SEGA of Japan one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
That being "Only the first three happened"?
Specifically the one SoJ created as main canon and the West adopted since Sonic Adventure.
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Ravenfreak

Eh you're right about that one. xP Dario FF over at Sonic Retro is just porting levels from Unleashed though, but Dude is making Emerald Coast from scratch if i'm not mistaken. :V So does anyone else love the classic games as much as I do? xD I know it's a different topic but meh.

Challenges completed:
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

OMG GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS. Sonic will be in Wreck it Ralph. Like, he's not just gonna be walking around. According to reports at Comic Con, they showed the first 10 minutes of the film, and Sonic was in this AOSTH PSA type thing.

I need. To see. This movie.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

Sonic is gonna be in it?! Sonic AND Eggman??!?!? Now I have to see that movie!!

Old July 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
TheChaosBlue

Oh yeah that. Yeah look like Sonic is doing "Sonic Sez" segments once again. XD

And not just porting Unleashed levels; porting levels from other games as well. Wave Ocean and Sweet Mountain comes to mind. Plus recreating old levels into Generations, like Metal Harbor and Sky Troops.
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Well if the fans can do it, Sega can certainly do it too!

Sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face.

So anyway, talking about AOSTH reminded me of all the forms of animation Sonic has been in. The stupid cartoony-ish Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, his overrated adventures with the freedom fighters, his quest to find his mom with his fan character siblings, or the for some reason liked Sonic X show.

I've only seen some of the episodes of AOSTH, but every episode is pretty much the whole show. Its stupid and silly, and I'd personally stick with Animaniacs for the random slapstick cartoon of the 90's.

Sonic SATAM is AS OVERRATED AS...

Generation 3.

Spoiler:
Most of the characters do nothing. Tails just sits around whining and the onyl thing I recall him ever doing is meeting the plot device for a filler episode. He contributes nothing to advance the story. Robotnik is a horrible villain. People only find him threatening because of his voice. He claims he has taken over the entire world, despite only conquering a city, and he can't even take over a SMALL FOREST, even when he has an entire army of robots at his disposal. Snivly does all of the work, and most of the time Robotnik is on his knees, crying. He is scared of like Ixus Nagus. In the end, he has to result to NUKING THE PLACE in order to destroy a forest he can easily destroy with a container of oil and a lighter. The Sonic in this show is annoying. He's an overconfident, egotistical, self-rightious, boastful idiot. He is considerably weaker than all the other incarnations of Sonic, and needs a power up hit a speed he should be able to reach normally. Antoine is a stereotypical french man who also does nothing besides trying to get hot with Sally. Which brings me to her. All she does is nag Sonic, and almost never goes to Robotropolis herself. She always leaves Sonic to do the dangerous stuff.

Lol my opinion bro

So...yea...

Also I don't get why so many people like Sonic X so much. I watched the whole thing. I don't think it was bad, I just don't find it as great as most people say it is. What was the point of transporting them to the human world? Why not keep it in their own dimension? I like how it did integrate lots of the game characters like The Chaotix and Shadow, and even making adaptations of Sa1 and Sa2. But I just find it a little unentertaining at points AND THE ENGLISH DUB HORRENDOUS.
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

I mildly enjoyed Sonic X. I mean it was okay and all but I didn't really like the 3rd season that much (except the one part when Eggman was eating the banana, I thought that was hilarious).

Old July 13th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Username: Sector Revenge Maybe one of these days I can find Sonic in Pokemon Emerald, ya dig?

Favorite Sonic Character(s): Well let's see here. Shadow is just badass. Silver is amazing, I have a strange liking to him, since many prefer Shadow as it appears, I go with Silver. lol But I like Blaze, Amy, Jet, Knuckles, basically everyone in terms of likeliness but I'd have to go with Silver
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Ravenfreak

Oh my god, so much win. I definitely want to see Wreck-it Ralph even more now. I was wanting to see it as soon as they said Dr. Eggman was going to be in it, and this is even better! On the topic of the animated series I loved AOSTH more than Satam, but I was never a Satam fan. :\ Sonic X was pretty cool, but I think I'll watch the japanese dub this time around.

Challenges completed:
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM
TheChaosBlue

Welcome Sector Revenge to the Club!

Quote:
Well if the fans can do it, Sega can certainly do it too!

Sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face.

So anyway, talking about AOSTH reminded me of all the forms of animation Sonic has been in. The stupid cartoony-ish Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, his overrated adventures with the freedom fighters, his quest to find his mom with his fan character siblings, or the for some reason liked Sonic X show.

I've only seen some of the episodes of AOSTH, but every episode is pretty much the whole show. Its stupid and silly, and I'd personally stick with Animaniacs for the random slapstick cartoon of the 90's.

Sonic SATAM is AS OVERRATED AS...

Generation 3.

So...yea...

Also I don't get why so many people like Sonic X so much. I watched the whole thing. I don't think it was bad, I just don't find it as great as most people say it is. What was the point of transporting them to the human world? Why not keep it in their own dimension? I like how it did integrate lots of the game characters like The Chaotix and Shadow, and even making adaptations of Sa1 and Sa2. But I just find it a little unentertaining at points AND THE ENGLISH DUB HORRENDOUS.
AKA you're the Sega of Japan fan. Perfectly fine with that. I really dislike Underground though. Every thing besides the the theme song I don't like about it.

And duh....it's 4Kids dubbing. At least Mike (Eggman's voice actor, as for some reason this site is censoring out his last name ) is the only redeeming thing out of Sonic X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Username: Sector Revenge Maybe one of these days I can find Sonic in Pokemon Emerald, ya dig?

Favorite Sonic Character(s): Well let's see here. Shadow is just badass. Silver is amazing, I have a strange liking to him, since many prefer Shadow as it appears, I go with Silver. lol But I like Blaze, Amy, Jet, Knuckles, basically everyone in terms of likeliness but I'd have to go with Silver
Clever...and welcome to the club.

Quote:
Oh my god, so much win. I definitely want to see Wreck-it Ralph even more now. I was wanting to see it as soon as they said Dr. Eggman was going to be in it, and this is even better! On the topic of the animated series I loved AOSTH more than Satam, but I was never a Satam fan. :\ Sonic X was pretty cool, but I think I'll watch the japanese dub this time around.
In the case of Wreck-It-Ralph..... http://www.radiosega.net/news/sega/2...g-transformed/

He's in All-Stars Racing Transformed. Now before the hate comes rolling in, this is a clever marking deal between SEGA and Disney and makes a hell of a lot more sense. Ralph is a 'videogame' character, and in the movie he 'jumps' into different games. So he 'jumps' into this one and races with them. I don't care if some see this as "oh SEGA doesn't care about their history'...

One, it's Sumo Digital creating this game, not Sega. Second they have a quite the budget to make this game better this time around. Plus the full number of racers hasn't been announced yet...so yeah.

Oh...now I see Sky Rail, Windy Valley, and other modded stages in Generations PC, along with physics changes...

Last edited by TheChaosBlue; July 14th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
FACEcake1223
Fire Power Laser!

I like the idea of adding Wreck it Ralph to All-Stars Transformed or whatever it's called. It just shows that they're willing to cooperate with other people, which they didn't used to do. But I was gonna get it either way though, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Old July 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/07/...reck-it-ralph/

GAIZ GAIZ GAZIZ GAIZ GAODHIOwoqphqwhoqhuiiuh SKIP TO 4 MINUTES efuifewiupou
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Spinosaurus

That's some pretty clever cross promotion, I'm honestly surprised I haven't even thought about the possibilities. Hyped officially for both the game and the movie now.

Certainly better than another port of Sonic Adventure 2, a game that hasn't aged well.
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
That's some pretty clever cross promotion, I'm honestly surprised I haven't even thought about the possibilities. Hyped officially for both the game and the movie now.

Certainly better than another port of Sonic Adventure 2, a game that hasn't aged well.
Agreed. And SA2 hasn't aged as badly as SA1 that's for sure. Definitely getting Transformed.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Yeah! I'm gonna get it too! And then I can play with all my favourite Sega characters like Danica Patrick and its gonna be-waitwhat?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here