The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Well the episode has been released in Japan, crunchyroll subs in 1 1/2 hours, but here's some screenies.

Great stuff, Asuna has come to the forefront!

Moar Asuna in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

IT'S THE BREAD! THE BREAD!!!

Got some rather nice features shown. Mainly her body and face are nicely shown. Asuna’s smile is very nice to behold TBH.

The Epitome is in the spoiler
Spoiler:
COMBO ATTACK NICE!

About the fight, that Kobold ass in the spoiler
Spoiler:

Darn Overpowered Kobolds. SAO takes things and makes them overpowered LOL. xD

Spoiler:

Poor Diabel! He really got it! Nice they show a potion and it was to help but alas it was not enough. I wonder how powerful his guild might have been or at least the <<Army>> could have been with him at the helm. ;__;

BTW End Art in the spoiler
Spoiler:
is fantastic as usual!

Spoiler:
Sadly no Argo, but at least the "Guide" was there to hint everyone. ;o;

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old July 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Mmmm, my biggest issue with the episode is naturally the actual events of Kirito meeting Asuna, which is why I was expecting it to be two episodes instead of one. It was a big event that started the relationship, though over 60ish floors, there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation between episodes.

The other is, of course, the absence of Argo, which I definitely wanted to see.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi-kun View Post
Mmmm, my biggest issue with the episode is naturally the actual events of Kirito meeting Asuna, which is why I was expecting it to be two episodes instead of one. It was a big event that started the relationship, though over 60ish floors, there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation between episodes.

The other is, of course, the absence of Argo, which I definitely wanted to see.
We were already expecting tons of things cut in this adaptation of the SS after seeing the episode list...I just tried to console myself that in Vol. 1 Asuna just popped up of nowhere with no backstory too.

As for Argo...yeah at least they got the booklet? ;o;

Just have to share this tho:

Lots of lulz. xP

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Magic

Oh lord *-* Could you warn about how many screens are in each spoiler Netto? I opened the first one and had to scroll down forever...

I loved the battle animation in the second episode ^-^ Although one querie - could Diabel have been saved? I mean he was about to be healed, which means, I assume, that he had more than one health - since they should know that once you're dead you can't be revived.

Right? D:
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Oh lord *-* Could you warn about how many screens are in each spoiler Netto? I opened the first one and had to scroll down forever...

I loved the battle animation in the second episode ^-^ Although one querie - could Diabel have been saved? I mean he was about to be healed, which means, I assume, that he had more than one health - since they should know that once you're dead you can't be revived.

Right? D:
Oops sorry about that. xD

Diabel...besides the fact that he deceived everyone...couldn't be saved since Floor 1 potions suck, are very weak and act over time, not instantaneously. So it was too late for him. Plus there's a timing gap between the attack and the gauge animation going down so yeah...

Also: Episode 3 PV is out.

Going to be a make or break for some, but it will certainly be tugging at the heartstrings. ;;

Last edited by Netto Azure; July 18th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Magic

Episode 3!

Spoiler:
Ahhh, rather depressing! I can't help but wonder if people are actually dying. I mean, they have to take it as a given - it's not really something worth testing out.

Kind of wanted to see the battle against Nicholas the Renegade as well, not much action this week - hopefully some more next week. Alarmingly we seem to be quite high up the floors already o_o
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:44 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Episode 3!
Spoiler:

I agree with this episode was pretty low on action and pretty high on depression. Where's Asuna! He needs his Geefriend again! I also thought they were flying up the floor level's rather fast. How many episodes is this suppose to be?
And yes why didn't they at least show some of the battle between Nic and Kirito .
Oh well I hope things pick back up in nexts week episode.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:15 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

!! Argo Spotted!....though i still do wish they did 2 eps of the meeting side-story so they could get some Argo in in more than one episode orz
Episode 3-wise:
Spoiler:
I actually only skimmed through Red-Nosed Reindeer, so I partially didn't get the middle area of the story, though just with the beginning and end, it was pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it. While I'm a bit confused on why the guild system here doesn't let everyone see each member's respective levels, I can totally see it being Kayaba again >>

As far as the fight goes, Kirito probably outlevels that thing by like 20 levels cuz he's a grindaholic XD You even see him doing while part of Black Cats of teh Full Moon so in the episode XD

Series will be 25 eps, likely split into the first 4 books
Spoiler:
the first two will probably last the first half (Game System: Sword Art Online), and 3 and 4 are expected second half (Game System: Alfheid Online)

A lot of the first couple episodes are gonna end up with a lack of Asuna just for the reason that they're doing it in chronological order, so Kirito's relationship with Asuna doesn't really start up for a while.

Last edited by digi-kun; July 21st, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Episode 3!

Spoiler:
Ahhh, rather depressing! I can't help but wonder if people are actually dying. I mean, they have to take it as a given - it's not really something worth testing out.

Kind of wanted to see the battle against Nicholas the Renegade as well, not much action this week - hopefully some more next week. Alarmingly we seem to be quite high up the floors already o_o
Spoiler:

Well the Side Stories never really did describe the battle, more on the fact that Kirito barely made it in the red even after packing tons of high level healing crystals.
Next Episode...another interesting one. We have this interesting cute Loli running around, I wonder what's happening to her? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Episode 3!
Spoiler:

I agree with this episode was pretty low on action and pretty high on depression. Where's Asuna! He needs his Geefriend again! I also thought they were flying up the floor level's rather fast. How many episodes is this suppose to be?
And yes why didn't they at least show some of the battle between Nic and Kirito .
Oh well I hope things pick back up in nexts week episode.
Spoiler:

There will be a lack of Asuna until episode 5 I think. Then we'll get Murder Case which is KiriAsu stuff.

And these are all side stories, so the time skips are actually in the novel. Originally it was all a 2 year time skip and then every backstory was retconned in the Second Volume and Eighth Volume.

Quote:
!! Argo Spotted!....though i still do wish they did 2 eps of the meeting side-story so they could get some Argo in in more than one episode orz
Episode 3-wise:
Spoiler:
I actually only skimmed through Red-Nosed Reindeer, so I partially didn't get the middle area of the story, though just with the beginning and end, it was pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it. While I'm a bit confused on why the guild system here doesn't let everyone see each member's respective levels, I can totally see it being Kayaba again >>

As far as the fight goes, Kirito probably outlevels that thing by like 20 levels cuz he's a grindaholic XD You even see him doing while part of Black Cats of teh Full Moon so in the episode XD

^ How some people reacted to the lack of Argo. xP

Spoiler:
More than likely it's Kayaba's "feature" because he needed to hide his true character for his glorified RP xP

Yeah, he's 20 levels ahead of the guild. It was shown in the episode too IIRC, just before they went to the dungeon he was Lv.58 I think.

Quote:
Series will be 25 eps, likely split into the first 4 books
Spoiler:
the first two will probably last the first half (Game System: Sword Art Online), and 3 and 4 are expected second half (Game System: Alfheid Online)
Spoiler:

I would think that the 2 seasons would be a SAO-ALO arc, then the next year's season will be GGO-Mother's Rosario.

By the time the LN's get fully published in 2014-ish we'll get Alicization.

And oh SAO: Progressive should be in full swing by then too heh. We'll look back at this anime rendition and think "Hey it's Sword Art Abridged!" xP

Last edited by Netto Azure; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Spoiler:

I would think that the 2 seasons would be a SAO-ALO arc, then the next year's season will be GGO-Mother's Rosario.

By the time the LN's get fully published in 2014-ish we'll get Alicization.

And oh SAO: Progressive should be in full swing by then too heh. We'll look back at this anime rendition and think "Hey it's Sword Art Abridged!" xP
Spoiler:
Kinda funny, actually, i can actually see Phantom Bullet being done in about 6 episodes.

1: Introduce Shinon + Battle with Behemoth
2: Kirito + Plot + Entrance into GGO
3: Kirito meets Sinon, shooting game, sign up for BoB
4: Preliminaries
5: Start final matches
6: End Final matches

I actually have a small thought in my mind that somehow they'll do Fairy Dance and Phantom Bullet into the last half, start up next season with Caliber to reintroduce the characters, and move to Mother's Rosario. Alicization I can see probably taking up quite some time on it's own, so I can see it as either it's own series or OVAs

Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Spoiler:
Kinda funny, actually, i can actually see Phantom Bullet being done in about 6 episodes.

1: Introduce Shinon + Battle with Behemoth
2: Kirito + Plot + Entrance into GGO
3: Kirito meets Sinon, shooting game, sign up for BoB
4: Preliminaries
5: Start final matches
6: End Final matches

I actually have a small thought in my mind that somehow they'll do Fairy Dance and Phantom Bullet into the last half, start up next season with Caliber to reintroduce the characters, and move to Mother's Rosario. Alicization I can see probably taking up quite some time on it's own, so I can see it as either it's own series or OVAs
Spoiler:
Well, the second cour/Fall Season could make the ALO-GGO season I guess. It's possible. Probably why all this rushing LOL.

A humorous bit I saw elsewhere:

Animators: “We’re animating SAO!”
Fans: “YES! Gonna be awesome!”

Animators: “We had to cut/change a few minor things from the source material because of time/budget constraints.”
Fans: “WTF! Noooo!! Stay true to the source material!”

Animators: “OK, we stayed true to the source material.”
Fans: “Eh. Not long enough.”
Animators: “But.. there isn’t enough material from the LN Short story.”
Fans: “Your supposed to fix it!”

Animators: “Ok, We added some more source material.”
Fans: “WTF is this filler crap!?”
Animators: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh the plight of reading the Source Material. xD

Old July 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Magic

It's that time of the week again!

Spoiler:
This week was a good change on last week, a lot more upbeat!

I now definitely want a little white dragon to take with me everywhere ;__;.

The ending was great, with Kirito just standing there taking the hits and then threatening Rosalia. It pretty much showed the amazing level difference (if you assume they're around lv 45 like the girl) and how hardcore Kirito is for solo-ing XD.
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

It is definitely that time of the week again and im very happy!

Spoiler:

This week was a nice change of pace! I have to agree, it was cool to see that there is also beast tamer classes that have pets that follow them! Kirito should have one.

I also agree with Swift, the ending was awesome. Kirito is famous and everything! The Beater who solo's the front lines. When they said that I was like. Biggest, boss, EVER!
I really enjoyed how he just stood there like hmm you guys cant even hurt me tbh, give up. And then Rosalia like you cant hurt me and he gets up to her saying that hes a soloer so doesnt mind being orange, epic.

This episode was an improvement over last weeks indeed! Now all we need is Asuna to come back so the romance can get a going!!
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Netto Azure

Yep, it's SAO and Kokoro Connect Saturdays. :>

Spoiler:

Welp finally saw the CR-subs. Great adaptation, feels better to have a more light-hearted episode than Ep. 3 LOL.

But yeah, this episode highlights the differences between Orange Guilds and Red Guilds...and how MMO players personality changes online. Or people in general on the internet. :V

Old July 30th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Since I've been busy and I guess I'll do all the eps thus far (not counting ep 1 since I already said something about it).

Episode 2
Spoiler:
When I first saw the OP, saw that Asuna was the main female and all of that I thought for sure that she was like Kirito, a beta tester, pro MMO player, and both of them are going to team up and it's going to be a walk in the park. I didn't expect her to be a total newbie. I personally like it better that way, it makes things more interesting. Sure it's been over a year, and chances are she isn't some newbie anymore. But still for an opening ep for her I liked it a good bit.

I do wonder if they've met since ep 2 (I sort of find it unlikely). I guess I'll find out in an ep or two.

Episode 3
Spoiler:
As far as the guild I'm sure anyone could have seen their end a mile away. But it was still sad to see it all go down, and I felt bad for Kirito too. Sachi's death hit him hard, more so because he was all "I'm not going to let you die". And he must have been so heart broken when he got the item and saw that it had a 10 second limit on it. David and I were like "Them eyes remind me of Kiritsugu... I hope Kirito doesn't turn into someone who keeps losing people close to him... someone who's empty.", but I'm glad Sachi's message snapped him out of it.

That 10 second item thing reminds me of what I said on my first post. About if there's healers and how if you mess up you killed someone. 10 seconds isn't a long time, and if you're in a big battle then that makes things even worse. I'd hate to be the person who has to hang on to that item.

Episode 4
Spoiler:
Pretty straight forward episode and not much to say. But it is good to see Kirito help someone, not only Silica but the guild leader who just wanted to jail the group that killed his friends. My mind goes back to times on MMOs that I've played where people a lot lower level needed help with something they couldn't do on their own. You get nothing out of it but that person is so glad that you helped. Names and people stick out, and over time people are like "I know that person, they did ...", and I'm glad Kirito is one of them people, and since he's so overleveled this was awesome.

I don't know how close this is following the LN (I'm sure parts and evens in the LN is lost while being animated). But from a purely anime stand point I really like the show thus far. Not the biggest fan of big time skips every week, but I guess it'd get boring to see him battle random monsters, and take a few days to level up a little. So I guess for now I guess I can deal with it.

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Netto Azure

That time of the week again, Yay.

Spoiler:

Best part of the episode:

Daww. :3

Oh wow, so Doujins DO become canon, they incorporated parts of the Materia Edition 1: The Progressers.

So even fanfics the author writes CAN become canon hahahahaha.

But I am truly happy that they did this adaptation really well. Has most of the Mystery and details in it. :3

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Magic

Yayyy!!

Spoiler:
Once again this week was a whole new thing, I like how it's not at all samey, and we get the progress without having to watch them travel every single floor.

The Asuna at the start of the episode was terrifying! But I'm glad to see she's not quite so tough when she's just with Kirito - dream teaaam~

I guess this episode is a two parter? First one of the season with a direct follow on then. I'm curious as to how these murders are happening! The title of the next episode has something to do with illusions... very intriguing.

Kind of feel like there should be an MMO based off this. I
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Try not to fall asleep outside of a town, k?

Spoiler:

David and I weren't the only ones who noticed this... right?... XD

Like Swift, I was scared by the Asuna I saw at the start of the ep. Sure it might have been her way of saying she's in charge, saying she might be a girl but she isn't weak, or whatever. But still I was scared there for a bit. But once the ep went on I was happy to see her hardcore mode wasn't how she really was.

As for the purple hair girl, at first I thought it was her that murdered the guy. But she started talking for a bit I was thinking that she's the killer, or the next to die. And by the end of the ep sure enough.
In any case, it's good to see Asuna back. Now in her white outfit from the OP. <3

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

xD This episode! Yay!
Spoiler:

Dat Ass! There was two moments of that with two different characters! I noticed them both B)

At the start I was like noooo why you so scary and hating on him you two should tots be together! And I liked as the episode continued they seem to have grow a lil bit closer, which will hopefully continue to get expanded on!

I think the mystery is being done fairly well and I like how this is building up. How is this guy killing people in town! No one knows! (At least I dont because I havent had any experience with SAO besides the anime.)

So excited for next week! Yes~
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Netto Azure

Episode 6 Preview is out.

Spoiler:

Oh hell yes, Laughing Coffin and PoH. Some real villains finally. :3

Also..."Immortal object" after Kirito banged the wall? Some foreshadowing THAT is. xD

Will people finally understand the psychological problems that are really getting endemic in SAO? XD

Last edited by Netto Azure; August 8th, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Brane
-

I'm loving the show, great animations and the actions pretty damn swell too

But I do have to say it is a bit of a dissapointment in that it is too damn rushed I think they're trying to tell too many stories at once and the main storyline just seems to happen off screen. If they manage to slow it down for the rest of the series that would be awesome, but at the moment it's put me off a couple of times My friend doesn't even want to watch it at all anymore haha.

Great idea, great potential, NEEDS MOAR MONEYS AND TIME.
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Netto Azure

Well yeah, we finally got to start with the main story, I do have a question for the Anime-only viewers, how do you think the reception for SAO would be if Episode 8 was Episode 2 (We skip the Side Stories) like in Volume 1 of the Light Novels?

Old August 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Really like already watched all of the episodes still waiting for episode 9!

Really awesome how Kirito goes out as a Solo Player!

Episode 8
Spoiler:

WTF?! A rabbit as an S-Ingredient, but it looks delicous...
Asuna's cooking skills shown!
Love story getting farther!
Kirito and Asuna having a party! xD
And the Boss of the Dungeon shown on the intro of every episode!

Last edited by tajaros; August 26th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Netto Azure

Episode 9 Preview is out!

Yay, Klein and his guild are back! And wow, finally they go all out on the Budget! Thanks A-1 for saving the money to animate this awesome boss fight . :D

Spoiler:
And the Army Guild guys are there! :P

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Ohh yes, finally another boss fight <3 I was honestly expecting them to just skip over it like some of the previous fights (I wanted to see drunk Santa fighting ;;) but I'm very glad they're including this one :3 And by the way Asuna grabbed Kirito's arm, it looks like she's definitely warming to him a lot more now ♥ (Not that there was any ever doubt of that paha) Can't wait for this episode, it's definitely going to be one worth watching. Especially with Klein showing up again! <3

Sponsored Links

Advertise here