The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Now where did that FireRed remake speculation thread go; I want to be able to wirelessly import my old save data from my original Nintendo DS's GBA slot.
I really hope you're joking. btw, I would never in my life say "doggone", so idk why you censored out damn and replaced it with that. What's the point of quoting someone if you change it? But that's another topic for another time.

Quote:
Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.
Yes yes, money too. Add that to my list. etc. Basically, it's just not about obtaining the gen III Pokemon anymore.

paired to peeta
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
I don't know if this is true yet by I'll check on my white 2 later. On bulbagarden a member said that a magma and aqua grunt replaced the rocket grunt in iccuris city.

Quote:
So apparently, in B2W2, the Team Rocket Grunt from Cerulean City is no longer living in his house. He's replaced with a happily married couple (and a Sound Designer). The couple? The woman was a former Aqua Grunt, and the man a former Magma grunt. Or Archie got gender reassignment surgery.

Translation via @bluesun
Roughneck♂: I wanted to expand the land, but I realised that it would cause problems for the Pokemon that live in the sea... oh, keep this a secret from my love!
Ranger♀: A long time ago, I tried to expand the seas, but in doing so the Pokemon living on land would decrease. If that happened, the Pokemon of the seas would surely be sad... ah! keep this a secret from my darling!

Last edited by rocky505; July 14th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If that true that sort of means RS happened before as the Aqua girl said " A long time ago" aka 5 years if you go by the Frlg-RSE happening at the same time timeline.

This is a nice hint...but the rocket grunt having been there could also be taken as a hint of Kanto remakes by some...
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

^ That's why I'd consider it more of an Easter egg. Now, had the Rocket grunt not been in BW and the Aqua/Magma grunts been in B2W2, I would actually take that as a hint. It's plausible and not just grabbing stars and claiming "HURRR HINT!" but yeah. Unless they're remaking both...ugh let's not even think about that.

paired to peeta
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I kind of hope that it'll be both that way maybe we could get some version exclusive areas in the games, maybe add a Ruby Mountain and Sapphire port?
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I would love to get an Emerald Remake!
And i would also love to be able to walk along with the first pokemon in the party like in HG & SS

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Unlikely but instead of remaking both RSE & FRLG, they could just remake Ruby & Sapphire then you could travel to Kanto afterwards, I know it's unlikely and wouldn't make sense in terms of time line etc but it would save some time and programming.

Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE. Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.

Team αlpha
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Quote:
Unlikely but instead of remaking both RSE & FRLG, they could just remake Ruby & Sapphire then you could travel to Kanto afterwards, I know it's unlikely and wouldn't make sense in terms of time line etc but it would save some time and programming.
time line time line TIME LINE. When did Pokemon become Zelda? Like I said during all those theories and debates, who cares if they don't all line up perfectly? Just enjoy the games individually. I think that's really how they're meant to be. I could care less about the time line and what makes sense and what adds to it etc. That's the problem I find with this thread most of the time. I just don't understand, or really care, about the so called timeline and how it connects to RSE remakes. Never cared for the Zelda timeline either, but thank the Lord they finally made an official one so I don't have to hear all the confungled theories.

Quote:
Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE. Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.
Basically this. Though most people would be like "well hurrr they remade it and now look at frlg they look like rse that means they need a remake too" sigh. I just will never understand the logic behind "we need to remake rby/frlg" but that's not the point of this thread. Though that's the argument you're gonna get about it when you say "look at RSE's graphics" unfortunately.

paired to peeta
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Also, for those who argue saying that all Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable therefore there is no need for remakes, that kinda defeats the point... Hoenn still needs an upgrade in terms of graphics no doubt about it, that's the primary reason why Fire Red & Leaf Green were created, to bring older games upto more modern systems and it's a similar scenario now with RSE.
Actually with FRLG, reintroducing old pokemon was still a major reason, since about 200 pokemon just weren't obtainable with no means to transfer them from gen 2.
So HGSS is the example you are looking for.

Quote:
Take a look at Ruby & Sapphire's graphics, now compare them to Black & White 2's graphics.. it's just like comparing RBY to RSE, they need an upgrade and with the 3DS being introduced.. IMO it just puts it more in favour.
But.. FRLG graphics were the same as RSE. Meaning gen I plot/games, and gen III plot/games are equally outdated.

Of course Im not suggesting that there should be remakes of the remakes.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I just can't see them remaking remakes, RSE is understadable but Red & Green have already been done, just because Ruby & Sapphire need remakes and FRLG were released around the same time doesn't mean that they should also be remade.. it's not a case of dates, it's a case of updating. We have Kanto in HGSS and the graphics for those two are highly acceptable to me, if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.
They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.

Team αlpha

Last edited by Hoenn; July 14th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.
I don't think allowing the player to travel to Kanto/Johto is physically possible. Unless they did a really long cruise section of the game.

Every region in the POKeMON franchise is set up on the map of our world's very own Japan. The Hoenn region is an island on the southern most point of japanese POKeMON country, where as Unova, Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto are all adjacent.

On another note, I'm confused, is this remake actually going to happen?
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Quote:
Nothing has been confirmed. That's why the speculation in this thread is all over the walls in this thread with people referring to hints in BW and B2W2 and the timeline and legendary names and such. If they're ever confirmed, this thread's speculation will likely just turn into speculation on how things in the game will be, and not speculation as to will there be remakes. Hopefully that makes sense, lol.

paired to peeta
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
T!M

Well in any case, although I wouldn't agree with a remake, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the next installation.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Regardless of the discussion, if the day comes when remakes are announced I think I will literally jump for joy.

Team αlpha
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
I don't think allowing the player to travel to Kanto/Johto is physically possible. Unless they did a really long cruise section of the game.

Every region in the POKeMON franchise is set up on the map of our world's very own Japan. The Hoenn region is an island on the southern most point of japanese POKeMON country, where as Unova, Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto are all adjacent.

Just to point out a mistake. Unova is based on new York not an area of Japan.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Just to point out a mistake. Unova is based on new York not an area of Japan.
That wasn't my point, I was saying that all the regions are located on a japan island mock up. And Hoenn was the one farthest from all the others.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
I just can't see them remaking remakes, RSE is understadable but Red & Green have already been done, just because Ruby & Sapphire need remakes and FRLG were released around the same time doesn't mean that they should also be remade.. it's not a case of dates, it's a case of updating. We have Kanto in HGSS and the graphics for those two are highly acceptable to me, if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.
We have Kanto in HG/SS Yes. but not Gen 1 nor Gen 1's Story which is only in R/B/Y/G/FR/LG. Remaking R/S/E for an update to the story and graphics goes hand in hand with remaking R/B/G again for updated story and graphic. It still turns to a case of dates. Both sets are outdated. And just because Kanto is in HG/SS, doesn't mean we can't have remakes of the first Generation again as the Kanto in HG/SS is not the same Kanto of FR/LG. The Characters change, there isn't any story to the Gen 2 Kanto, a lot of the general face of the region changes (Viridian Forest, Lavender Tower, Cinnabar Island).

The region itself doesn't mean anything. That's why i keep saying all the Valid reasons to remake R/S/E that they have can also be used for remaking R/B/G/Y again. Both are outdated, and unlike the time they remade both Gens 1 and 2,(And yes there was still reason to remake Gen 2, as far as I remember there were still some Gen 2 Pokemon missing from the active Pokedex outside of events) Remaking anything from now and further on in the years is purely for aesthetic enhancement as well as simple revival of older games for newer players to play up until the sever the older games again. In which case all games severed would receive remakes anyway.

Quote:
They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.
Tell this to Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all other big selling titles. All they do is pretty much rehash the same titles, in game systems, stories over and over again with new characters, slight tweeks, and new toys to play with in the games.

Even all the current Sports games which are HUGE in sales are just updated versions of the older games that are constantly being recycled. Its not going to stop the fans and by the time the older fans have gotten bored of it, the new fans will have out numbered them to more than make up in a drop of sales.

Quote:
That wasn't my point, I was saying that all the regions are located on a japan island mock up. And Hoenn was the one farthest from all the others.
Actually Sinnoh would be the furthest away if the regions are like Japan as the Fan made World map indicates.

Based on real world locations, if its anything like the fan made map, Sinnoh would be the furthest away. Hoenn is very close to Johto, near the small Island that makes up Cianwood and the new area for the Safari Zone, also the area where Embedded Tower is, which makes so much sense to me now.

As for Unova, no its no where close to the Four older regions. The developers said that it is far far away from the regions themselves. So if you want a real world location, the four Japan theme'd regions make up Japan while Unova is at the States which makes it the furthest location on the map. It wouldn't even be on the immediate map.

Last edited by Khrysta; July 14th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO
Tell this to Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all other big selling titles. All they do is pretty much rehash the same titles, in game systems, stories over and over again with new characters, slight tweeks, and new toys to play with in the games.

Even all the current Sports games which are HUGE in sales are just updated versions of the older games that are constantly being recycled. Its not going to stop the fans and by the time the older fans have gotten bored of it, the new fans will have out numbered them to more than make up in a drop of sales.
This.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the fact that games have become so concerned with money that they won't let something die. Granted POKeMON always has room for new things. But games like CoD, FF and Mario only repeat.

But that is besides the point.

I can't deny POKeMON though. I would buy a possible RSE remake at the time it hit the shelfs.

-------------EDIT--

Shyte, that's right, for some reason I thought Unova was on the very top, but it's Sinnoh, I believe Kanto is right below Unova, right?

But at any rate, Hoenn is still not hop-skip-and-a-jump away from Johto. Not as close as Kanto and Johto were...
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
I just can't see them remaking remakes
I cant either, thats the point Im trying to make :B

Quote:
if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.
Exactly, we just disagree on when they should break out of the cycle.
(how far this remake concept makes sense to continue)
To you RS is understandable, to me GS was understandable.

Ive played both gen II and III when they came out, yet I only wanted II to be remade into the more comfortable style, while I feel III is still as enjoyable as it was then and the graphics update with just the special/physical split being the other hypothetical thing worth mentioning, simply not improving it enough for it to make serious sense.
RSE pretty much reinvented the main series and its game mechanics to the standard still in use today.

Quote:

They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary.
I AM tired of remakes, it is absolutely the time to replace "remakes" with at least "sequels" if not some more creative way to use the nostalgia.

Quote:
They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.
YES, it shall include Hoenn as the setting and fans should go wild.
I think any option would work just as well (probably better) as making the boring plain copy paste remakes weve seen till now.
Whether having Hoenn as the main place, or making a Johto-like region, with Hoenn as the post-game place, or who knows what.

I would be terribly disappointed by gamefreak if I saw announcement of same old RS remakes with lame plot changes to fix emerald issues e_e
And that should mean something from having been with this franchise all the way, rarely being disappointed by it, always looking forward to the next exciting surprises :E

@Timothy:
You got something wrong again, just look at the picture above your post. Unova shouldn't even be in the corner of your room.
But yes, Johto and Hoenn are not next to each other like Kanto/Johto, but at most you could squeeze a smaller region between them, which is an idea Ive explored in the past as part of my fakemon project :B
That area is a candidate for the hypothetical Hoenn complementing region.

Last edited by MiTjA; July 14th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
T!M

Oh so it is on a different continent. That blows.
Old July 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.
Can't I have my nostalgic moments of wishful thinking?

Quote:
Couldn't Nintendo just make FRLG available via their Virtual Console service? Let's get back to discussing the RSEmakes, OK?

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; July 14th, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM
T!M

Alright, how's this for a question? In the event of a RSE Remake, what would you like to see changed from the original 3?

I personally, would prefer that they don't turn the POKeNAV into phone like in Emerald, I liked the original NAV from RS.
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

I would like the follow me feature to return as an option, I'd like the PokeNav to be the bottom screen function OR have a similar bottom screen to HGSS, add in the new evolutions to the Hoenn Dex (Dusknoir, Froslass, etc) as well as the Johto Pokemon that were added to the Safari Zone in Emerald post game, keep contests as they were in the original games, no Battle Tents, Emerald Battle Frontier, and I'd like something new done with Trainer Hill. I don't think anyone really cared for that, did they? I would like an entirely new function to replace the Trainer Hill. idk what, but they'll think of something, right? lol But that's all I can think of for now.

paired to peeta
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
no Battle Tents,
OMG Yes, this sucked. I never played really far into Emerald, did the Battle Tents completely replace the Contests? (Sorry for getting off track.)

Sponsored Links