The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old July 15th, 2012, 01:47 AM
flubbateios
Woof.

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
Well, this is my VGC 2012 (doubles) rain team, it's not performing too well so I'd like some advice please

My team

The Details
|
v
Spoiler:

Politoed (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
- Scald
- Ice Beam
Start off with the rain lol.
UPDATE: Added HP Electric to hit other water types :D pretty much all else is covered by the other moves, I wanted something to hit other things without hitting myself with 100% accuracy , so I'm gonna replace Hydro Pump with Scald, STAB makes it more powerful than Psychic.

Toxicroak (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Basically, fake out the threats, then sucker punch, while getting surfed by politoed
Update: added Poison Jab instead of Dual Chop. more power :D

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic (>ThunderWave imo)
More of a wall, I find HP Fire useful, idk, it works well on stuff. Toxic to get rid of walls. My bulky sweeper :D

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
This goes with Rotom ( ideally ) and will EQ most of the time, scarfed to outspeed Garchomp.

x4 (Metagross) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
Ok, so I decided to replace Scizor, simply because Metagross doesn't need the swords dance when it has meteor mash :P, bullet punch saves you from garchomps and all that stuff which outspeeds me.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Scald
- Thunder
Can replace Toxicroak at the start.
--Added surf>Hydro pump, I like Scald, cause I get haxed every time, I would prefer to play safe :P

Last edited by flubbateios; July 19th, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay so while I don't play VGC, I just have some general things to offer on movesets which may be more of use to you. n_n

For Politoed you don't need Surf AND HPump on something without a choiced item because it generally wastes a moveslot. While I can see why you used Surf, perhaps you could replace HPump with HP Grass to be able to hit ground/water types which you can otherwise really do nothing to, and you already have the boosted Surf to be able to hit everything else just to a lesser extent than you would with HPump.

On Rotom-W go for Leftovers > Sitrus since you have longer recovery and all. Also while you have Toxic, you have nothing really to help stall out the walls other than Scizor which probably isn't the best thing for stalling. Adding to that, Rotom-W has no recovery other than leftovers so possibly consider going with Thunder Wave instead to help you out against more offensive Pokemon because your team is pretty much mostly offensive rather than defensive Pokemon and thus offensive are more likely to present you issues if that makes sense!

On Toxicroak you could benefit from Substitute since Surf will help you out with the lost HP and you already have Drain Punch to help recover, so you don't necessarily need the second fighting attack.

Aaand on Starmie you're better off giving it Surf > Scald because Starmie tends to go for power rather than the "chance" of hax.

Either way that's about all without knowing the exact ins/outs of what is actually common in VGC etc.

Last edited by Forever; July 15th, 2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: VGC or VCG w/e same thing. :(
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Grandpa Freeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

what is the point of running scald and hydro pump on starmie i think that you should run trick or something so that you can cripple a blissey with choice specs also maybe try outrage on salamence its much more powerful than dclaw and can destroy your opponents also what about trying a life orb politoed its much better than water gem
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
flubbateios
Woof.

Nature: Docile
Lol, I would disagree with some of that stuff, but I updated the page, and the updatelog is in the text I prefer to replace Hydro Pump in general, So a lot of my poke's are gonna keep scald. Lol I am stupid to not use Life orb on Politoed

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here