The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
eye of the needle
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
No, the contests were moved to Lilycove, but I didn't like that. I thought it was cool in RS when you travel to each rank of the contests instead of having them bundled in one place, but maybe that's just me. If they do remake RS and implement things from Emerald though, Battle Tents are the last things I want. They're totally obsolete once you have access to the Frontier. Even Trainer Hills is better than the Tents. Even if they remake Emerald, I hope they don't have them. They're just pointless.
__________________
Kill me like an animal.
paired to klippy and elheroeoscuro
  #277    
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:23 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Couldn't Nintendo just make FRLG available via their Virtual Console service?
Couldn't Nintendo just make RSE available via their Virtual Console service?

Ba dum tsssss
__________________
  #278    
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.
__________________


  #279    
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:43 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia, United States
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.
I could see a point for users of the DSiXL, consoles without the GBA port... :/
__________________
T!M
  #280    
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
..........or the 3DS. lol
__________________
  #281    
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Kanto_Johto's Avatar
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Silver Sun
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
As much as I would love RSE remakes, I do agree that any reason to create RSE remakes is as good a reason to make FRLG remakes.

The truth is that remakes of FRLG would make GF piles of money, and we know that's they're main focus: to make games that are profitable. I said this in the Yellow remake thread - there are a large amount of people who played only the first games and are of the opinion that Pokemon "turned crap" after Gen I (which obviously isn't true). This means that even those who are no longer fans of the franchise will be more inclined to pick up these games purely out of nostalgia. It could even be a deciding factor for those who were unsure about purchasing a 3DS (i.e. it might persuade them to buy one).

I actually think that remakes of FRLG would actually sell better than remakes of RSE.

That being said, I would rather have RSE remakes. MiTjA does make a good point though. If FRLG appear on the virtual console, I'd expect RSE to be there too.
  #282    
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I would like the follow me feature to return as an option, I'd like the PokeNav to be the bottom screen function OR have a similar bottom screen to HGSS, add in the new evolutions to the Hoenn Dex (Dusknoir, Froslass, etc) as well as the Johto Pokemon that were added to the Safari Zone in Emerald post game, keep contests as they were in the original games, no Battle Tents, Emerald Battle Frontier, and I'd like something new done with Trainer Hill. I don't think anyone really cared for that, did they? I would like an entirely new function to replace the Trainer Hill. idk what, but they'll think of something, right? lol But that's all I can think of for now.
Perhaps they'll put the World Tournament in Place of Trainer hill, it'll seem like a good place, perhaps we can battle the enemy team there too?. (Also if they remake FrLG have them put the WT in the tower that was never
finished...)
__________________
Stand for Life
  #283    
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I hope the World Tournament makes an appearence in more games, even though I haven't tried it I can imagine it would be awesome, or atleast one every generation to update the sprites.
About the Follow-Me feature, I would love to see that in RS remakes especially to see the Gen V Pokémon! Hopefully it's something that is exclusive to remakes excluding FRLG.
__________________


  #284    
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Alright, how's this for a question? In the event of a RSE Remake, what would you like to see changed from the original 3?

I personally, would prefer that they don't turn the POKeNAV into phone like in Emerald, I liked the original NAV from RS.
I actually want them to keep all of the electronic accessories integrated into a single device–i.e.: a new version of the PokéGear–like they did for everything except the PokéDex and the Vs. Recorder in G/S/C/HG/SS
  #285    
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
crystalzapdos's Avatar
crystalzapdos
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
I would love to get an Emerald Remake!
And i would also love to be able to walk along with the first pokemon in the party like in HG & SS
Personally, I hated the feature. I don't care if it comes back, they just need to make it optional. I don't see why they just didn't do that in HG/SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.
No, just no. We won't get another region post-game, except maybe a Sevii-Islands type place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.
I'm not quite following your logic here. How is a RSE remake necessary because theres already two remakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.
I don't understand this either. So what if you can play them on the DS Lite? You can play lots a games on your DS Lite, whats your point?
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8469-4392
You should add me! I like to play Kid Icarus, MK7, and, of course, Pokemon.
  #286    
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
I'm not quite following your logic here. How is a RSE remake necessary because theres already two remakes?
I'm not basing it off the fact that there have been two previous remakes, I'm basing it off the reason of the previous two remakes, graphics... Diamond & Pearl's graphics are fine so there is no need to remake those two, Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand aren't so great, that's the reason why I think remakes for those two are necessary.
__________________


  #287    
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
wombateiro's Avatar
wombateiro
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Almost all Gym Leaders in Emerald have one Pokemon more than in R/S. It's interesting that Emerald is the only third version with that kind of addition, it's kinda like Challenge Mode in B2/W2. I mean that in remakes they can use Gym Leaders teams from original R/S in Normal mode and teams from Emerald in Challenge mode, of course with higher levels than in Emerald.
  #288    
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:03 PM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
As much as I would love RSE remakes, I do agree that any reason to create RSE remakes is as good a reason to make FRLG remakes.

I actually think that remakes of FRLG would actually sell better than remakes of RSE.

That being said, I would rather have RSE remakes. MiTjA does make a good point though. If FRLG appear on the virtual console, I'd expect RSE to be there too.
Can we just post anything having to do with FRLG remakes on the thread reserved for it? As much as I would like to play every single one of my games, including FireRed and other Pokémon games, the purpose of this thread is to discuss RSE remakes. But before I close, both sets of remakes could be released simultaneously both on the Nintendo eShop if they were both to be for the Nintendo 3DS because of how all Nintendo games will be released this way after August 19th (in North America, that is…)
  #289    
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Kanto_Johto's Avatar
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Silver Sun
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Can we just post anything having to do with FRLG remakes on the thread reserved for it? As much as I would like to play every single one of my games, including FireRed and other Pokémon games, the purpose of this thread is to discuss RSE remakes. But before I close, both sets of remakes could be released simultaneously both on the Nintendo eShop if they were both to be for the Nintendo 3DS because of how all Nintendo games will be released this way after August 19th (in North America, that is…)
You mean the thread that I made?

The point of my post (any reason for RSE remakes are as good for FRLG remakes) was relevant to RSE remakes so it fits in this thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'm not basing it off the fact that there have been two previous remakes, I'm basing it off the reason of the previous two remakes, graphics... Diamond & Pearl's graphics are fine so there is no need to remake those two, Ruby & Sapphire on the other hand aren't so great, that's the reason why I think remakes for those two are necessary.
Outdated graphics are not a reason to remake a game, in my opinion. FRLG and HGSS made sense because it was literally impossible to trade/migrate any of your older Pokemon to gens 3 and 4.
  #290    
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parrish, AL
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
It was not impossible to migrate to gen 4. Frlg were the only remakes needed for obtainable Pokemon. Hgss was because of people going nuts wanting it and for it to have updated graphics.
__________________
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
  #291    
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Aerinoctis's Avatar
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Found this randomly while browsing 4chan and fell in love with it. This seems like the best place to post it, but I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:

Spoiler:
  #292    
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:04 AM
wombateiro's Avatar
wombateiro
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinoctis View Post
Found this randomly while browsing 4chan and fell in love with it. This seems like the best place to post it, but I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:

Spoiler:
Yes, they should wear swimsuits in remakes, just like protagonists from B2/W2, because Hoenn is even more tropical than Unova in B2/W2. Interesting thing is that even in swimsuits their designs wouldn't look much different from Emerald designs, so maybe they were planned to wear swimsuits already in Emerald, but it was decided to be saved for remakes.
  #293    
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinoctis View Post
I just hope that the inevitable remakes look something like this:
They are not inevitable. I would argue that releasing any other kind of main game (completely new places, or resuing old places with new settings, sequels...) would be much more interesting in every way, and make at least as much money as boring remakes.
__________________
  #294    
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
abnegation's Avatar
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 21
I do think they Nintendo will promote a sequel, or even a prequel to Hoenn's generation before they consider doing a remake. I don't think they'll do another remake so soon. A sequel seems a lot more likely and unpredictable.
  #295    
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
C Payne's Avatar
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
A sequel is probably the last thing they'd do before a remake. It'd be really odd to have one just show up near 10 years(in real time) after the originals are released. Even if they did one, why wouldn't it show up after, in order?

I'm not against a sequel, I just personally would be more interested in one if we got the updated RS(E) originals before any sequel popped out.
__________________
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922

Last edited by C Payne; July 16th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
  #296    
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
voicerocker's Avatar
voicerocker
Psyduck
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
I doubt Hoenn will get a sequel because Gen 3 was not designed for sequels. In B/W, we were only told about Reshiram and Zekrom, while Kyurem's story was saved for the sequels. Rayquaza's story was told in the 3rd version of Gen 3, so why would they go with sequels if the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle has already happened? It would make little sense to just have those events happen again when the intent was to tell the whole story back on the GBA. So if Hoenn appears in another game, I feel it would be plain remakes. Gen 5 was made to be finished with sequels, even though that wasn't their original plan.
__________________
"Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
=====

Pokemon White 2 Team:
  #297    
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
I do think they Nintendo will promote a sequel, or even a preque to Hoenn's generation before they consider doing a remake.
Yeah; releasing a prequel to RSE might get rid of how these games reset the Polémon franchise by discontinuing connectivity with its previous generations if that prequel clarified the relationship between Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. After all, this kind of reset ended up being reserved for Polémon Black Version and Polémon White Version because of how it resides on a different continent than all of the previous main regions. But I really want Nintendo to have GameFreak remake our original journeys through Hoenn first.

P.S. @Kanto_Johto: Yes, I meant that thread, and I've even started posting on it.
  #298    
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
wombateiro's Avatar
wombateiro
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
I doubt Hoenn will get a sequel because Gen 3 was not designed for sequels. In B/W, we were only told about Reshiram and Zekrom, while Kyurem's story was saved for the sequels. Rayquaza's story was told in the 3rd version of Gen 3, so why would they go with sequels if the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle has already happened? It would make little sense to just have those events happen again when the intent was to tell the whole story back on the GBA. So if Hoenn appears in another game, I feel it would be plain remakes. Gen 5 was made to be finished with sequels, even though that wasn't their original plan.
I agree, Hoenn has nothing left for sequels. On the other hand, it has potential of many things to be added in remakes, like new post-game islands and events.

It must be noticed that sequel stories are made only for regions with connection to solid land, because it gives opportunity to start sequel story in new place - Kanto got story continuation in neighboring Johto. Unova got sequels because of having solid land not included in original B/W. Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands - there is nowhere to make new beginning in those regions. There are also no legendaries left in those regions to make sequels.
  #299    
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Twilight-kun's Avatar
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Champion's Room
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Gen V is a reboot of the series, taking place far beyond Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh

as for "There's nothing new to add to Ruby and Sapphire" that is complete bull

Crystal added the Battle Tower, Emerald added the Battle Frontier, Platinum and HG/SS added Frontiers to their regions

I, for one, would like to see the Hoenn Frontier re-imagined

however, I would prefer that all new pokemon from Gen IV&V only appear post-game, much like B/W

seeing a Patrat or Bidoof would be rather stupid since we've already got an infestation of Zigzagoons
__________________
http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com/
  #300    
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
voicerocker's Avatar
voicerocker
Psyduck
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
I agree, Hoenn has nothing left for sequels. On the other hand, it has potential of many things to be added in remakes, like new post-game islands and events.

It must be noticed that sequel stories are made only for regions with connection to solid land, because it gives opportunity to start sequel story in new place - Kanto got story continuation in neighboring Johto. Unova got sequels because of having solid land not included in original B/W. Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands - there is nowhere to make new beginning in those regions. There are also no legendaries left in those regions to make sequels.
Of course, surely we'll see a few new places, just like in FR/LG and HG/SS. But no major changes will be made. Gen 1 and 2 remakes were pretty much the exact same region and story from the originals, so if they remake Gen 3, we can expect the same.

But I don't think it has anything to do with them being connected to land or not. Kanto got the Sevii Islands, which were not technically a part of Kanto if I remember correctly, like how the Sinjoh Ruins were not part of Johto. The new routes in B2W2 make sense because 2 years have gone by. We'll probably see new areas, but not a "new" Hoenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
Gen V is a reboot of the series, taking place far beyond Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh

as for "There's nothing new to add to Ruby and Sapphire" that is complete bull
I was refering to Legends specifically related to Hoenn, like Groudon Kyogre and Rayquaza. Their stories and purposes have been told. Though, I could see Regigigas being included (though he and the other Regis were in B2W2). But the story of the main Hoenn Legends has been told.

I was only talking about the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
however, I would prefer that all new pokemon from Gen IV&V only appear post-game, much like B/W

seeing a Patrat or Bidoof would be rather stupid since we've already got an infestation of Zigzagoons
They would do this because they did it with Kanto and Johto. Pokemon that weren't originally avaiable in the first games were saved for after you become Champion.
__________________
"Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
=====

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.