Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here

Airdate: July 5th, 2012

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:48 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Oh wow this seems like some reall good old season goodness. (Like how allot of BW is, but this looks great)

Wonder what the eyes are.. I really gotta start catching up im in the 30's
PC Mentions: Best Little Sister ever | Credits | My Amazing Pair

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Wasn't there a Kanto Battle Fronteir episode EXACTLY like this?
Made by the Amazing DialgaFan of Pokemon Mansion! =D
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
Wasn't there a Kanto Battle Fronteir episode EXACTLY like this?
Assuming you are referring to "Hooked on Onix"? Yeah wouldn't surprise me, at this point I am sure a lot of stories get rehashed one way or another. Irrc there were also rampaging Onix in the Bruno episode. So same stuff just different story and different setting.

@countryemo
I am wondering that too, could be something that spooked the Onix. Or started the rampage of sorts.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Assuming you are referring to "Hooked on Onix"? Yeah wouldn't surprise me, at this point I am sure a lot of stories get rehashed one way or another. Irrc there were also rampaging Onix in the Bruno episode. So same stuff just different story and different setting.

@countryemo
I am wondering that too, could be something that spooked the Onix. Or started the rampage of sorts.
Hey Kenshin,

Remember how in Advance Gen to D/P the go to Pokemon that would rampage was Steelix? Wanna make a bet to see how long it is before Steelix becomes to desginated villain in Unova with old Pokemon now showing up?
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
DawnLover
No need to worry! lol

This episode seems really interesting and funny. I can't wait to see Dawn and Iris interacting.
Dawn's the best!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
T_T That's it! I don't think I'll wait more! I shall start watching japanese episodes D:

I can't believe my streak is broken....14 seasons....
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

I swear to Arceus if their leader turns out to be a Steelix I'll scream. lol
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:12 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

coool...sooo..Oshawott learns hydro pump!
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Kinda random episode... I've known from the start that the special Onix will be shiny and... it was.
But Meloetta finally made a form change so it was worthy watching :D
The fact that Miju learned new attack is great but why Hydro Pump again? :/
I kinda started to hate that attack since almost every water Pokémon has it... or is it only me?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

^No I agree. I think the reason is they wanna show development of the Pokemon. I mean it's one of the strongest attacks the Oshawott line can learn, so it shows that the little otter has come a long way. Plus, like with his rival Pippy, he was able to do it our of sheer resolve.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:12 AM
QuietDragon
Togepi

This was quite the amusing episode because of Hikari/Dawn and Iris' bonding. When they both said Iris' catchphrase "what a kid~" I was very amused.

Meloetta's crush on Satoshi/Ash is adorable.

It's a shame that the Roketto-dan/Team Rocket are using her closeness and likeliness to sing around Satoshi (to save him and his friends) for their own gain...

Meloetta is not only oddly moe in design (oh, boy, I saw all that weird fanart coming; thanks, fandom!), she's also Sailor Moon in disguise. Did anyone else think her form switching with all that spinning and sparkling was like a Sailor Senshi transformation sequence? xD

Iris teaching Hikari to swing from a vine = epic.

Meloetta's song is so lovely and nostalgic, especially in the ending, with that lovely sunset over the water... ;3;
currently squeeing over Rocketshipping (Kojiro x Musashi), Wishfulshipping (Dent/Cilan x Iris), Kazuya Kujou x Victorique de Blois, Black Jack x Pinoko, and Gin x Sherry.

Old July 16th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietDragon View Post
Meloetta's crush on Satoshi/Ash is adorable.
I agree! :D It was so cute when she blushed after Satoshi praised her =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietDragon View Post
Meloetta is not only oddly moe in design (oh, boy, I saw all that weird fanart coming; thanks, fandom!), she's also Sailor Moon in disguise. Did anyone else think her form switching with all that spinning and sparkling was like a Sailor Senshi transformation sequence? xD
So it's not only me that thought it was Mahou Shoujo-like =D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:46 AM
QuietDragon
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I agree! :D It was so cute when she blushed after Satoshi praised her =)

So it's not only me that thought it was Mahou Shoujo-like =D
<3

It was definitely mahou shoujo-esque. Have we ever had such a long and dramatic transformation in this series before? Form changes are handled differently from evolution, but this was just very different. I'm amused.

I think the animators (and whoever's in charge of sound effects too) did a great job making it unique!
currently squeeing over Rocketshipping (Kojiro x Musashi), Wishfulshipping (Dent/Cilan x Iris), Kazuya Kujou x Victorique de Blois, Black Jack x Pinoko, and Gin x Sherry.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here