The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Hello. I've had Beta 3.1 for a few months now and I started playing it again a few weeks ago.
I've noticed some bugs and so I've come here to report them.
I don't know how many of these were fixed in the 3.2 version or not.
I just beat Morty and got the Fog Badge, for reference.
  • wild encounters for Union Cave floor 1 are not working. The basement floor works though.
  • There was a bad egg in day care. I think I might have saw something about this in the journal post for the 3.2 release.
  • radio tower has TR music playing, before TR invades
  • several overworld sprites for pokemon are wrong
    • the Butterfree in the gate between Ilex Forest and Route 34
    • the Persian in the National Park
    • probably others that I forgot to write down
  • The trainer card completely skipped the Plain Badge. It's says I have the Zephyr, Hive, Fog, and Storm badges.
  • no sound effects when moving pokemon in box or in team? (not sure if this is a glitch)
  • Axel appears in Bugsy's gym, before you beat Bugsy
  • location maps in the Pokedex do not include Johto
  • there is a green splotch on the GBA graphic when trading
  • The Voltorb I traded for in Olivine City was holding a Stick...
Then a couple general complaints I had...
  • The new rival you battle before entering Ilex Forest seems over powered. Quagsire with Ice Punch and a level 20-something Bagon with Double-Edge and Rock Head ability....
    • especially when the player is forced to battle Silver right after, without healing.
  • Apricorns use berry sprites for their images. I don't know if this is temporary or not.

Last edited by Zameric; July 15th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I had to do a system restore with the disks on my laptop and had this hack working before but now when I try to play it, it goes to a white screen. I patched the file to Fire Red with Lunar IPS and have the latest version of VBA. I did the save type and even put the real time clock on. What the hell is going on?

I tried like 50 more times and **** it. Can someone please just patch it for me and send it to me cuz I really don't wanna go on a rage and destroy my laptop.

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; July 15th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:24 PM
tekkenboy
Beginning Trainer

@all
re:catching the 3 legendary birds!!!
i still can't catch the 3 legendary birds. i already have the red, blue, yellow, and black flutes but still the pedestals don't show up...what i must do?...i already completed the game up to the valencia island...please, i really need your help!!!
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
AMZMA
◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►

can i use my LC 3.1's save to LC 3.2?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM
bobrepuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZMA View Post
I believe as long as the saves share the same name it works with it.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:40 PM
AMZMA
◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrepuS View Post
I believe as long as the saves share the same name it works with it.
it's not working on me

woewoewoe :'(

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:59 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I had to do a system restore with the disks on my laptop and had this hack working before but now when I try to play it, it goes to a white screen. I patched the file to Fire Red with Lunar IPS and have the latest version of VBA. I did the save type and even put the real time clock on. What the hell is going on?

I tried like 50 more times and **** it. Can someone please just patch it for me and send it to me cuz I really don't wanna go on a rage and destroy my laptop.
Try a different ROM though??

What are you talking about beta 3.2 ? It is not even released..

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 16th, 2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZMA View Post
Absolutely not. They are completely incompatible. This is due to a change in the way the game saves certain information which would cause massive issues if the game save was continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
What are you talking about beta 3.2 ? It is not even released..
Yes, it is. It's been out for nearly 2 months! The new version cleans up the flags, variables and trainerflags so that they no longer conflict with each other, leading to a much cleaner and less buggy experience.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
johnr754
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Nature: Modest
I have been playing Beta 3.1 (I think) and it's good. So far, everything is good. But I have one complaint...

...at Mt. Silver, you can get stuck in a tree by jumping on a ledge. I had to reload a savestate because of that.
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
I have been playing Beta 3.1 (I think) and it's good. So far, everything is good. But I have one complaint...

...at Mt. Silver, you can get stuck in a tree by jumping on a ledge. I had to reload a savestate because of that.
Climb down from the tree. Kidding, obviously...

I just downloaded the beta today and will kick it around for a while once I find a ROM of Fire Red. As Crystal was my first Pokémon game (also a ROM), I'm curious what this is like and have watched a few playthrough videos already on Youtube, but they are of course all betas; I will be eager for a final release.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM
incognito27
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, which badge do I need to use Rock Smash outside of battle?
I am assuming its Whitney's badge because, my trainer card skipped that badge and went to the fourth.
Also, how do I get the 3rd badge? Will it fill itself after collecting all 8 badges? (assuming I make it that far without Rock Smash)
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:52 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito27 View Post
Hey guys, which badge do I need to use Rock Smash outside of battle?
I am assuming its Whitney's badge because, my trainer card skipped that badge and went to the fourth.
Also, how do I get the 3rd badge? Will it fill itself after collecting all 8 badges? (assuming I make it that far without Rock Smash)
If you really beated Whiteney in the game then you have no problemo my friend. The badge case will fill itself up after some time coz its buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Absolutely not. They are completely incompatible. This is due to a change in the way the game saves certain information which would cause massive issues if the game save was continued.

Yes, it is. It's been out for nearly 2 months! The new version cleans up the flags, variables and trainerflags so that they no longer conflict with each other, leading to a much cleaner and less buggy experience.
I only asked because there was no mention of 3.2 in the first page. Isn't it that version which includes that cave south of the city in orange islands??? if yes then I do not need to worry about it

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 17th, 2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Quote:
If you really beated Whiteney in the game then you have no problemo my friend. The badge case will fill itself up after some time coz its buggy
I had that problem too, so I hope you're right about it filling up right later on. xD
I have four badges, but I haven't tried to use Rock Smash yet. Maybe I should go test that.
I can't use Rock Smash either. :/

Another glitch report, Jasmine's overworld sprite in the Lighthouse is a Nurse Joy.
Also, the sick Ampharos' overworld sprite is a Kangaskhan...
I think Quick Claw is activating without telling me; My Graveler attacked before an Electrode that was 4 levels higher.

Last edited by Zameric; July 17th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Very nice work. Love the Johto region.
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
I think Quick Claw is activating without telling me; My Graveler attacked before an Electrode that was 4 levels higher.
Isn't Voltorb slow to begin with? You could be ten levels under something and still be faster.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Poke_Rus

So when is the final version gonna be out?
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU
Isn't Voltorb slow to begin with? You could be ten levels under something and still be faster.
Umm, no. Voltorb and Electrode are both very fast pokemon. >.>
Electrode has a base speed stat of 140.
The only poke faster than it, in Gen III, are Deoxys and Ninjask.

I'm not whether it was Chuck or Jasmine's badge, but obtaining one of those two fixes the Plain badge glitch on the trainer card.
Also, I can now use rock smash outside of battle.

Ok, what? The sister on the left, of the three Ace Trainer (Cooltrainer) sisters on Route 34, has a Goldeen with Jump Kick, Mirror Move and probably two other illegal moves that I didn't get to see.
Her Seaking has Sand-Attack, Defense Curl and probably two other illegal moves.
I wonder if the other two sisters are like this...
The other two sisters were normal, it was just Irene that had the illegal pokemon. :p

Last edited by Zameric; July 17th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:03 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I had that problem too, so I hope you're right about it filling up right later on. xD
I have four badges, but I haven't tried to use Rock Smash yet. Maybe I should go test that.
I can't use Rock Smash either. :/

Another glitch report, Jasmine's overworld sprite in the Lighthouse is a Nurse Joy.
Also, the sick Ampharos' overworld sprite is a Kangaskhan...
And I always thought Quick Claw always activates itself randomly during a battle...
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
And I always thought Quick Claw always activates itself randomly during a battle...
You're right. From Black/White:

"An item to be held by a Pokémon. A light, sharp claw that lets the bearer move first occasionally."

So let it be written...

Cyclone

Old July 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I don't think Quick Claw "said" something like "Hello, I'm a Quick Claw and I'm activated." in III gen...
I believe it was first introduced in the V gen.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I don't think Quick Claw "said" something like "Hello, I'm a Quick Claw and I'm activated." in III gen...
I disagree. It clearly says Gen. II.

Cyclone

Old July 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

No, like Cyclone said, Quick Claw was introduced in Gen II.
I've used Quick Claw in the main games before and there is an animation and text to go with it.
It says something to the effect of, "[your pokemon] moves first due to Quick Claw." paraphrasing here

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:41 AM
KaneTheFlesheater
Beginning Trainer

Pics or didn't happen. I'm siding with Ash493 and alienhunterx here, I never saw any notification about the claw being used in the second or third generation and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
If I recall, gen 3 Quick Claw just has the "Pokemon used an item animation" like when it eats a berry, that flash, without any actual text come up. That's how it occurred to me...

Anyway, I love this hack immensely, I like all of the additions that have been made, and all of the tiles.I can't wait until it is finished, and when the physical/special split is working more adequately. I wish you all the best, and I can'twait for your future projects either LaZ!

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old July 19th, 2012, 02:46 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

A quick question, where are all the flutes??

Can somebody do a list? Thanks a lot in advance.

Black Flute i think is traded from coins at the game corner, not sure about the rest..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links