The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources

Notices

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old July 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Hi everyone. I was looking around for hours trying to find bw or hgss style waterfall tiles. There seems to be everything but waterfall tiles out there. I ended finding a nice one, and fixed it up into RMXP format.

The pictures are attached. There are already no backgrounds so they are ready to go. I know I probably didn't put them together in the easiest way, but they work fine. If you have trouble, the picture: Top waterfall is the crest, waterfall middle is the middle, and waterfall bottom is the bottom. Simple.

Credits of to
WilliamGJ for the original tiles - required
Rayd12smitty for resizing and putting into RMXP format - would be nice

This is my first time doing something like this, let me know what you think
Attached Thumbnails
top waterfall.png‎   waterfall bottom.png‎   waterfall middle.png‎  
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
These are useful. I haven't tried to use them yet, but I know that HGSS waterfall autotiles don't exist on the internet. Well done! I don't know too much about autotiles, because I haven't tried to tinker with them yet, but has to be some way that you could combine two of the three into one. Those restrictions RMXP gives on the amount of autotiles makes it hard to use these.
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
These are useful. I haven't tried to use them yet, but I know that HGSS waterfall autotiles don't exist on the internet. Well done! I don't know too much about autotiles, because I haven't tried to tinker with them yet, but has to be some way that you could combine two of the three into one. Those restrictions RMXP gives on the amount of autotiles makes it hard to use these.
Thank you.

I do have one auto tile that includes the entire waterfall. The problem is terrain tags. There are three different terrain tags for waterfalls. If you combine parts of the waterfall, then you could only mark the two parts as one terrain tag. For example, if I put the crest of the waterfall and the middle section together, you could only mark it as a crest, or as a waterfall, not both, so it wouldn't work. I can post the entire waterfall auto if you want, but it is only good for taking screenshots
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
I see what you mean now. Forgot about the tags. It might be better to try to work out some kind of event system that would allow the use of a single complete waterfall, but it would probably just be easier to make room for the three anyway... Anyway, well done. I might use and I'll leave you both credit.
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
I see what you mean now. Forgot about the tags. It might be better to try to work out some kind of event system that would allow the use of a single complete waterfall, but it would probably just be easier to make room for the three anyway... Anyway, well done. I might use and I'll leave you both credit.
thank you. If you want it, here is the full waterfall auto tile
Attached Thumbnails
waterfall 2.png‎  

Sponsored Links