The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Advertise here

Old July 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Advertise here
Just wondering if a video is a possibility near future. I know everyone is busy and all, but so many more people would use the script if a video was made
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
Just wondering if a video is a possibility near future. I know everyone is busy and all, but so many more people would use the script if a video was made
Forgot all about that XD I am still thinking on it but I am sure I will end up making one.
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1234 View Post
Forgot all about that XD I am still thinking on it but I am sure I will end up making one.
great! Let the thread know when its done. Can't wait
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
great! Let the thread know when its done. Can't wait
I will make sure to post it in the thread :D
Edit: I just finished recording it but the recorder failed to load it when done. Sorry :/ I don't think I will be able to make a video for you guys.

Last edited by ~Angel~; July 10th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Ramond Hikari
- Lonely Shooting Star -

Nature: Lonely
So here is my problem: I was trying to talk to my Pikachu when this suddenly popped up:

Quote:
Exception: NoMethodError

Interpreter:512:in `command_end'

Interpreter:295:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

And the weirdest thing is that this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.
Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks a lot :D

PS: I am using Pokemon Essential ver7 and I can't find where the Mount Bike script is. Can you tell me where?
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramond Hikari View Post
So here is my problem: I was trying to talk to my Pikachu when this suddenly popped up:

And the weirdest thing is that this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.
Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks a lot :D

PS: I am using Pokemon Essential ver7 and I can't find where the Mount Bike script is. Can you tell me where?
I can't help with the error, but the mount bike is in PokemonField. It isn't too hard to find, and if you need to just search it

[QUOTE=
Edit: I just finished recording it but the recorder failed to load it when done. Sorry :/ I don't think I will be able to make a video for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Oh Really???? Could you possibly email it to me if I PM you my email address?

Last edited by Rayd12smitty; July 14th, 2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
If you could input all of these scripts, common events and the rest into the current version of essentials and put up a download link for it that would be greatly appreciated (In the past I've screwed up Emerald Legend by trying to implement new scripts).
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

I like rayquazas idea. If a video can't get up thats the next best thing
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:46 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
I can't help with the error, but the mount bike is in PokemonField. It isn't too hard to find, and if you need to just search it

Oh Really???? Could you possibly email it to me if I PM you my email address?
^ I am saying the entire capture device erased the video.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
^ I am saying the entire capture device erased the video.
Ohhhhh. That sucks. Then could you maybe use rayquaza's suggestion, and upload a file with the script implemented on the newest version of essentials (8)
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:58 AM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
Ohhhhh. That sucks. Then could you maybe use rayquaza's suggestion, and upload a file with the script implemented on the newest version of essentials (8)
I tried to move it to 8 but odd enough something went wrong with my scripts. I am going to update it to 8 soon enough either way. I want to make it so B/W pokemon follow using P-signs kit. I have sprites for them to use. About half of them are done now. I need to figure out why they won't follow.
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
I tried to move it to 8 but odd enough something went wrong with my scripts. I am going to update it to 8 soon enough either way. I want to make it so B/W pokemon follow using P-signs kit. I have sprites for them to use. About half of them are done now. I need to figure out why they won't follow.
Alright. I can wait longer I guess. Please load a file or something if you get it to work.
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
Alright. I can wait longer I guess. Please load a file or something if you get it to work.
Will do. I am going to try to find the problem with the script soon and make it so all 649 before uploading a file. I think I might know where it is.
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Will do. I am going to try to find the problem with the script soon and make it so all 649 before uploading a file. I think I might know where it is.
great! can't wait to see it, and put it to use
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
great! can't wait to see it, and put it to use
:D Thanks. Hm..I would have to find out maybe how to get it to work. Sprites are not fully done :/ Those take up my time a ton so I might be able to modify the scripts but I am new to it so :/
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
:D Thanks. Hm..I would have to find out maybe how to get it to work. Sprites are not fully done :/ Those take up my time a ton so I might be able to modify the scripts but I am new to it so :/
If you are missing the sprites and thats all, help-14 uploaded them awhile ago here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g63xg1j7f06a454
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
If you are missing the sprites and thats all, help-14 uploaded them awhile ago here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g63xg1j7f06a454
Just shiny. I have a thread up for a question/Tutorial check it out it's in the Pokemon essentials section. It's a bit more clear.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM
shadowriver
Beginning Trainer

I just got this to work with V8 and with P-signs b/w kit everything’s working fine.
All i did was move all my map data files to Rick1234's Example Data folder then transferred the data folder back to my game that already had the b/w kit installed.
All the pbs files remained the same I didn’t touch them at all.

The thing was it didn’t work until I put back map data 25 from rick1234's kit to my game then started the game on that map there was no errors why I’m not to Shure yet.

(I assume its still Vr8 even though I replaced most of the data files if not let me know.

#edit, for sum reason it only works on the dependent event on map 25, witch is the test 2 map. whenever i put the dependent event on eny other page nothing shows up and nothing hapens
when i put $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite in the healing pokecenter event.

so when the event actually works i have pokemon follow but when all able pokemon faint they dont end up following enymore. does enyone know why this is

Last edited by shadowriver; July 16th, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:47 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowriver View Post
I just got this to work with V8 and with P-signs b/w kit everything’s working fine.
All i did was move all my map data files to Rick1234's Example Data folder then transferred the data folder back to my game that already had the b/w kit installed.
All the pbs files remained the same I didn’t touch them at all.

The thing was it didn’t work until I put back map data 25 from rick1234's kit to my game then started the game on that map there was no errors why I’m not to Shure yet.

(I assume its still Vr8 even though I replaced most of the data files if not let me know.

#edit, for sum reason it only works on the dependent event on map 25, witch is the test 2 map. whenever i put the dependent event on eny other page nothing shows up and nothing hapens
when i put $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite in the healing pokecenter event.

so when the event actually works i have pokemon follow but when all able pokemon faint they dont end up following enymore. does enyone know why this is
Just to tell you. That Data is old. It's easier just to go to the thread I made with a bit more clearer instructions. Go to the pokemon essentials section and look for: Follow Addition? I think that's it.
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
ambalance
Vorpal_Rabbit

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with Help-14's Pokemon following script.
Everything works fine, until I try to change the Pokemon that is first in my party,
I.e, The pokemon that follows the character.

I get this, when I try to change:
---------------------------
Pokemon Game
Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `auto_change_with_animation' for #<PokemonScreen:0xc85c3a0>

PokemonParty:1997:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonParty:1897:in `loop'

PokemonParty:2027:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonPauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:159:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Cam\Saved Games/Pokemon Game/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Can anyone help me?

Also, writer.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

The Pokemon Following Script doesn't seem to work with the latest version of Essentials, if you're using Essentials 11 then it's unlikely there is a fix that will help your issue as of now. If you are using the compatible Version of Essentials with Help's script then someone will help you I just thought you should know it doesn't work with Essentials 11
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayuya of the Sound Four View Post
The Pokemon Following Script doesn't seem to work with the latest version of Essentials, if you're using Essentials 11 then it's unlikely there is a fix that will help your issue as of now. If you are using the compatible Version of Essentials with Help's script then someone will help you I just thought you should know it doesn't work with Essentials 11
That isn't true. I have it working perfectly with version 11. You most likely did something wrong while installing it. I don't know exactly what you error means though. If you PM me your scripts data I can fix it for you most likely
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

Quote:
That isn't true. I have it working perfectly with version 11. You most likely did something wrong while installing it. I don't know exactly what you error means though. If you PM me your scripts data I can fix it for you most likely
Really?? That would be such a huge help!! I might of gotten rid of the script because I couldn't get it to work I'll PM you in a bit so you can help me, and then I'll make a tutorial if you don't mind incase others are as script handicapped as me
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
hey, would someone like to help me add this to my game, but also with an option to toggle it off for some people?

Old April 16th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Sailer26
Unhatched Egg

i have a problem.

The pokemon don't apears when i actived the functions
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here