The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.


 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Ramos123's Avatar
Ramos123
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Tyranitar (Chople Berry)
Sassy | 252 HP, 192 SpD, 64 SpA | Flawless
Sand Stream
Stealth Rock, Crunch, Fire Blast, Ice Beam


Excadrill (Air Balloon)
Adamant | 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP | Flawless
Sand Rush
Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Return


Reuniclus (Life Orb)
Bold | 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD | Flawless
Magic Guard
Calm Mind, Recover, Psychic, Focus Blast


Virizion (Leftovers)
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | (31/31/31/31/31/30)
Justified
Calm Mind, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, HIdden Power Ice


Rotom-W (Choice Scarf)
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | (31/30/31/30/30/31)
Levitate
Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Hidden Power Fire, Trick


Gliscor (Toxic Orb)
Impish | 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe | Flawless
Poison Heal
Substitute, Protect, Earthquake, Toxic



Let me know what you think. I'm really eager to start battling competitively I really just need to work out my strategy with these guys. Thanks so much in advance!
  #2    
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
realdonnyv
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
What if you used a Sand Viel Gliscor with Double Team and Bright Powder?
  #3    
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdonnyv View Post
What if you used a Sand Viel Gliscor with Double Team and Bright Powder?
Double Team + Brightpowder breaks evasion clause, and that clause is often in play.

Excadrill is an Uber Pokemon, just so you know. and you'll have to make do with something else, like Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Flame Charge/Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb

or
-Lava Plume
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Virizion's Speed IV doesn't have to be 30 for its Hidden Power to be Ice; here are a couple more HP Ice IV spreads with a 31 Speed IV: 31/30/30/31/31/31 and 30/31/30/31/31/31.

For Rotom's Hidden Power to be Fire, it can't have a perfect Speed IV; it has to have a 30 Speed IV instead. Here are the legal HP Fire IV spreads: 31/31/30/30/31/30 and 31/30/31/30/31/30.

In Sandstorm, Gliscor can use this set for some evasion hax and more power. Defensive Poison Heal Gliscor is still viable too, though:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Substitute
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil
__________________

  #4    
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Now DW Sandslash is released you can use that over uber Excadrill.


Sandslash @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Passho Berry
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor / Rapid Spin

Anyway, be VERY careful of Amoongus now its Regen ability has been released because it effectively walls your whole team. A simple Spore/HP Ice/Clear Smog/Giga Drain set causes this team all sorts of issues and the only thing that stops it aka Reuniclus is put out of commission by Spore. You also cannot handle CB Haxorus because it destroys you. To solve both issues id suggest a Skarmory over Virizion. If you find this opens you up more against rain a Latios would go over Reunicus. Skamorys Spikes also wear down Latios and Sandslash's checks well. Skarmory and Latios also cover your horrendous Tech Loom weakness (who has also Recently been released).

Anyways Sub Toxic Gliscor is really awful now, ive not seen it work since...well ever actually lol. Sub SV Glis or Toxic Orb SD are much better and less useless sets.
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #5    
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Ramos123's Avatar
Ramos123
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Double Team + Brightpowder breaks evasion clause, and that clause is often in play.

Excadrill is an Uber Pokemon, just so you know. and you'll have to make do with something else, like Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Flame Charge/Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb

or
-Lava Plume
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Virizion's Speed IV doesn't have to be 30 for its Hidden Power to be Ice; here are a couple more HP Ice IV spreads with a 31 Speed IV: 31/30/30/31/31/31 and 30/31/30/31/31/31.

For Rotom's Hidden Power to be Fire, it can't have a perfect Speed IV; it has to have a 30 Speed IV instead. Here are the legal HP Fire IV spreads: 31/31/30/30/31/30 and 31/30/31/30/31/30.

In Sandstorm, Gliscor can use this set for some evasion hax and more power. Defensive Poison Heal Gliscor is still viable too, though:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Substitute
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil
-Let me start by saying thank you so much for the effort you put into this response, it was extremely well thought out and I appreciate the insight.
-Rotom's spread was a typo so that problem is out of the way.
-Excadrill's move to ubers was brutal (literally happened the day I bred her and she was my first successful RNG ) and while I would love to make the switch to Heatran, there are a few concerns I have with the idea: 1. I am clueless on how to RNG in DPP. 2. Doesn't that leave me with no physical attacking options and two stealth rock users?
-I am not overly concerned with Virizion because pokemon are often rounded to level 50 making those values insignificant. Plus even at level 100 I doubt the point makes much of a difference unless it means missing the speed tie with opposing virizion.

Sorry for the delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Azelf View Post
Now DW Sandslash is released you can use that over uber Excadrill.


Sandslash @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Passho Berry
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor / Rapid Spin

Anyway, be VERY careful of Amoongus now its Regen ability has been released because it effectively walls your whole team. A simple Spore/HP Ice/Clear Smog/Giga Drain set causes this team all sorts of issues and the only thing that stops it aka Reuniclus is put out of commission by Spore. You also cannot handle CB Haxorus because it destroys you. To solve both issues id suggest a Skarmory over Virizion. If you find this opens you up more against rain a Latios would go over Reunicus. Skamorys Spikes also wear down Latios and Sandslash's checks well. Skarmory and Latios also cover your horrendous Tech Loom weakness (who has also Recently been released).

Anyways Sub Toxic Gliscor is really awful now, ive not seen it work since...well ever actually lol. Sub SV Glis or Toxic Orb SD are much better and less useless sets.
^ What do you think about a Heatran in place of Excadrill if I can manage to get my hands on one? Wouldn't that effectively check a majority of the threats you listed above?

Last edited by Ramos123; July 2nd, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #6    
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
Dark Azelf's Avatar
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos123 View Post



^ What do you think about a Heatran in place of Excadrill if I can manage to get my hands on one? Wouldn't that effectively check a majority of the threats you listed above?
Nope the only thing that beats i listed is Amoongus. Haxorus destroys Heatran (EQ, Aqua Tail and SuperPower) as does Rain and Tech Loom (Tech Mach Punch for offensive ones [OHKO] and defensive ones are OHKO'd by Tech Low Sweep/Force Palm).
__________________
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
  #7    
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Cam Meekins
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rap City
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
If I may, I would suggest psyschock on reuniclus to hit blissey. Also, sub protect gliscor is amazing I suggest you give it a second try it's really good. Have Fun!
  #8    
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Erosu mou
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 19
Gender: Male
I use Rockslide move+ King's Rock on Mawile because both has a chance of making a Pokemon flinch.I kinda see Excadrill better with King's Rock because that Balloon pops.When the opponent flinches then you can use Swords Dance and then any move you want.I would go with one more Rockslide though to build another Swords dance ha ha.
  #9    
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:57 AM
tinyranitar's Avatar
tinyranitar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
For Erosu Mou (I can't quote with my phone, sorry!)

U got it totally wrong about flinching. Flinch only work on that turn if you're faster, so if you use SDance next turn, your opp can still move. If you want Flinch-to-death thing, use Jirachi ParaFlinch. It work well in sand as sand also drain enemy HP. Air Balloon is not that bad. It make your opp waste a turn on popping its balloon, giving you the turn u need to KO counter or get the boost.

For Ramos

How about Landorus? It has sheer power whith Sand Force and Earthquake, which hit really hard. U can replace Gliscor if you want a more offensive Pokémon. Choice Scarf Landorus outspeed DDance Haxorus, and can Acrobatics to kill Amoongus. Virizion is quite useless in the sand, as its bulk is hindered by the HP lost, and you have 2 Special tank at Tyranitar and Reuniclus already, so you can switch to Terrakion or Lucario. These are the set that I recommended:

Terrakion (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Landorus (M) @ Flying Gem
Traits: Sand Force
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Rock Polish
If u use Rock Polish use adamant nature

U can look at my Sandstorm team too, get some idea from it and combine with yours for a new idea
__________________

You don't have to be Rock to Rock!!!

Pokemon Online name: Tinyranitar

Last edited by tinyranitar; July 17th, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.