The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: Which Family is teh bestest evar?
Sacred Fire is teh HOTTEST!! 7 43.75%
Divine Water is teh COOLEST!! 6 37.50%
I pickdid BOTH of dem. 1 6.25%
I'm gunna rate dis RP! 1 6.25%
Dafuq did I just read?? 4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Meloetta...you don't plan to carry that "one sentence per line" writing style into RPing, do you?
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Meloetta142
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
Oh, I did something wrong, did I? Yeah, I hope I don't sound stupid, but what exactly do you mean by that? I'm a rather new role-player, so any tips on it would be help full.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I can't wait for this RP to start! I wanna meet Hikari, just first glimps at a different time from each, like they notice each other at different times. The times are near each other. Like, my character takes a glimpse of Hikari, then after a while, after looking away for some time Hikari takes the next glimpes. Sorry that was complicated, Pink.

I love how my character looks!

@Akio-kun: Is it possible for Icarus to weild a shield?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloetta142 View Post
Oh, I did something wrong, did I? Yeah, I hope I don't sound stupid, but what exactly do you mean by that? I'm a rather new role-player, so any tips on it would be help full.
No, you didn't do anything wrong, I was just wondering. You seem to write in a style where, after each sentence, you press the "Enter" key. There's nothing really wrong with that, but it does give a misrepresentation as to how long your posts actually are. Now, as long as you follow rules, regulations, and your posts are actually the correct length that the RP asks for then all is well, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can lead to some undesired misunderstanding. Of course, it's not up to me to dictate how you write, and I certainly don't want to do that, but it's just some food for thought.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Crushgaunt

Nature: Lonely
Dropping in to say that I'll have my SU up in the near future, going Divine Water unless things balance differently as far as RP composition.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:47 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

machomuu... Erm, try again, please. The blacksmith part is fine, as is the alchemy if you actually explain it some. But currency isn't really used in this RP, and the characters are usually born into the family or were already somehow part of the family. You see what I'm getting at? You should be somehow more intertwined with the family. Usually towns and cities outside of the RP kind of diminish that, because we likely won't do anything about those in the storyline. Most people just have their characters born into the family, or their parents had left and returned with a child, etc... Something along those lines. I hope that makes sense.

ShinyDiamond, Shields are acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloetta142 View Post
I think he was referring to your double-post, "Wow~that took a looong time to make! ^.^" which did end up merged.

For future reference, try not to make double posts. You usually have to wait for someone else to post after you. I think he's also making sure your RP posts aren't one-liners (incredibly short), but judging from your Sign-up, I don't think it'll be an issue.

Anyways, you're accepted.

Old July 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Hey Akio-san,

We kinda buried a post from silverexorcist, stating that he fixed his proof of reading. I didn't see anywhere that you had seen it yet, so I thought I'd give you a little notice.

Sorry if I'm wrong or anything, but I don't want him to miss out on the totally awesome roleplay we have here

You play too much
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Meloetta142
Beginning Trainer

Oh yeah, I never make one liners, like, ever, so no, that won't be a problem. And with the one thing with the 'enter' button, I for some reason only do that with a joining form, I really don't know why I do it in the first place. ^.^'
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:03 AM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, I did take care of the proof of reading thing. And just to make sure I'm not confused in the future, I can call him "Akio" as well (honorific may vary XD), right? God knows I could just mimic the kanji symbols when refferring to him, but frankly that's a lot of work XD
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:13 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Okay, revised and finished (hopefully).

Last edited by machomuu; July 16th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
銀ヤミ

you both are accepted.

A quick update, I have FINALLY finished the IC post. I said I would have it done yesterday, but I had no idea what kind of hell it would be to work on. Fortunately, I finished it, so once Skymin looks it over, we can begin.

I'd like to make a note, that my post is linked to the first post, and that the other prince/princess characters are allowed their first posts, before everyone else. Then we can go into whatever order we'd like.

Old July 16th, 2012, 03:56 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

@Akio-kun: Guess it'll take a while before the IC is accepted. So what post is linked to what first post?

~Dia+PS~
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Meloetta142
Beginning Trainer

Okay, can't wait to begin the role-playing! :D
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:52 PM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
I'm going to try this out, I hope it's alright if I use a Pokemon with a slight difference from the standard pokemon

Full Name:Pakku Yurui (I'm a sucker for japanese names)
Nicknames: Packrat, Pikku Pakku(After his shops name)
Sex: Male

Family: Sacred Fire
Career: Pakku is a wandering salesman, he sells and trades herbs and trinkets, or what ever he has in his pack

Appearance:Messy medium brown hair covers his green eyes his skin is slightly tanned either from dirt or sun, he wears a green Shinto Priest style garb and is normally bare foot (sound familiar?)The outfits sleeves are extremely long and they often cover his hands when hes not using them he carries his shop on his back and used a satchel at his side to store the money.
History: Pakku was a rather odd boy, he was extremely lazy at some times and at others he worked harder than the whole family, he felt his random nature was taxing on his parents and siblings so when he turned 16, he decided to take to being a traveling sales man so he could help out in a manner that suited him better. During the winter he returns home with his earnings and works at collecting more items for his shop for when he sets out again.

Skills: Pakku can carry a large amount of weight for very long distances, he's extremely good at managing money while still offering his wares at a mostly reasonable price. When not wearing his shop he is rather fast and knows basic martial arts which he has improved into his own style over the years. His endurance is also rather good.
Flaws: He can push himself too hard and exhaust himself even with his amazing endurance. He also rarely fights so he can be over-powered by a skilled combatant. Finally he is extremely reckless and often takes big risks that get him into situations he can't get out of.
Weapon: Pakku hides objects in his sleeves and uses them as secret wepaons. Dispite this, he prefers hand to hand combat.
Pokemon: Sneasel
Pokemon Name: Taiyō
Pokemon Personality: Taiyō is quite arrogant and short tempered but also much more realistic than Pakku, Taiyo often takes the lead out of the two.
Pokemon History: Taiyō was born with two deformities, he lacked a gem on his chest and he had no signs of being an Ice type at all. He later grew accustomed to wearing a sash across his chest to draw attention away from his missing gem.
Pokemon Specialty: Taiyō can use dark moves with blinding accuracy during the day and a fair amount of accuracy at night.
Pokemon Flaws: he can't stand the cold, and his night vision is slightly off.

Proof of Reading: I see that Pakku and Tai are going to be in the forests a lot. And yes They will definitely bicker. I hope I didn't make them to different.

Anything Else: Is it alright if Taiyo isn't a typical sneasel? I'd like him to be just a dark type since I don't really like ice types or know much about them to properly portray a regular Sneasels stats.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
anyone who wants to meet Hikari when the IC gets accepted? :D

SD- you mean that, first your character will notice mine, but my charrie doesnt notice yours, and after some time my charrie takes a glimpse of your charrie and starts to like him? hmmm... this kind of sounds Fimiliar, doesn't it? ):3

anyways, maybe we should decide on FB how everything should go, shouldn't we? :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

In other news, the IC is up!

Come on, princes and princesses, post!

@Pink: I wouldn't mind meeting up

You play too much
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:21 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
I'm going to try this out, I hope it's alright if I use a Pokemon with a slight difference from the standard pokemon

Spoiler:
Full Name:Pakku Yurui (I'm a sucker for japanese names)
Nicknames: Packrat, Pikku Pakku(After his shops name)

Family: Sacred Fire
Career: Pakku is a wandering salesman, he sells and trades herbs and trinkets, or what ever he has in his pack

Appearance:Messy medium brown hair covers his green eyes his skin is slightly tanned either from dirt or sun, he wears a green Shinto Priest style garb and is normally bare foot (sound familiar?)The outfits sleeves are extremely long and they often cover his hands when hes not using them he carries his shop on his back and used a satchel at his side to store the money.
History: Pakku was a rather odd boy, he was extremely lazy at some times and at others he worked harder than the whole family, he felt his random nature was taxing on his parents and siblings so when he turned 16, he decided to take to being a traveling sales man so he could help out in a manner that suited him better. During the winter he returns home with his earnings and works at collecting more items for his shop for when he sets out again.

Skills: Pakku can carry a large amount of weight for very long distances, he's extremely good at managing money while still offering his wares at a mostly reasonable price. When not wearing his shop he is rather fast and knows basic martial arts which he has improved into his own style over the years. His endurance is also rather good.
Flaws: He can push himself too hard and exhaust himself even with his amazing endurance. He also rarely fights so he can be over-powered by a skilled combatant. Finally he is extremely reckless and often takes big risks that get him into situations he can't get out of.
Weapon: Pakku hides objects in his sleeves and uses them as secret wepaons. Dispite this, he prefers hand to hand combat.
Pokemon: Sneasel
Pokemon Name: Taiyō
Pokemon Personality: Taiyō is quite arrogant and short tempered but also much more realistic than Pakku, Taiyo often takes the lead out of the two.
Pokemon History: Taiyō was born with two deformities, he lacked a gem on his chest and he had no signs of being an Ice type at all. He later grew accustomed to wearing a sash across his chest to draw attention away from his missing gem.
Pokemon Specialty: Taiyō can use dark moves with blinding accuracy during the day and a fair amount of accuracy at night.
Pokemon Flaws: he can't stand the cold, and his night vision is slightly off.

Proof of Reading: I see that Pakku and Tai are going to be in the forests a lot. And yes They will definitely bicker. I hope I didn't make them to different.

Anything Else: Is it alright if Taiyo isn't a typical sneasel? I'd like him to be just a dark type since I don't really like ice types or know much about them to properly portray a regular Sneasels stats.
I see... Too many problems with this than I'd care to list. But here's some of the more obvious ones.
  • There's no monetary item in this RP, so a salesman seems rather pointless, no?
  • Moreover, with families that help within, they'd usually reject any outsiders. They also wouldn't charge each other for items.
  • While the "gemless" deformity isn't quite an issue (it does add some individuality, which anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy) I feel your pokemon link should have all of its types and moves available to learn.
  • Your proof of reading... Only tells me that you looked at the map. Honestly, from your sign-up, it looks like you didnt read the plot or any of it at all.
  • Lastly, a backpacker? I mean, in some RP's that could work, but an RP like this? You'd be roleplaying alone, backpacking through empty forests and interacting with literally no one else in the RP.

I've got to say, read the whole first post, or if you already read it, read it again. Then try a new sign-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
In other news, the IC is up!

Come on, princes and princesses, post!
Why, look at Sapph's elegant and well-written post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Hikari Natsumi Densetsu

New Moon's calling

(NOT READY! WRONG BUTTON!)
It was the night of the full moon
PS, you didn't have to COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY STEAL my title! :D

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Hahaha! Thats funny. I can't begin to tell you the amounts of times I hit the post button before I was ready.

......'wrong button', she says.....

You play too much
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@Akio-kun: PAM PAM PAM! sorrryyyyy! XD i thought that was the tittle we all had to use or something, oh well :3 i'll change it? btw! the post is ready now xD can you gimme some feedback? :D

@Lt. Col. Fantastic- i know right? XD i was like "damn -v- did it again huh...?" i was still making the post and seeing how it would look but pressed on the *blahblah button* instead of the *Preview* button xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:57 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

My first post is up too :3 hope it's good
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
I see... Too many problems with this than I'd care to list. But here's some of the more obvious ones.
  • There's no monetary item in this RP, so a salesman seems rather pointless, no?
  • I couldn't find any indication of whether Tradesman or Salesmen would be the right term. You didn't seem to indicate whether currency existed yet.
    Quote:
  • Moreover, with families that help within, they'd usually reject any outsiders. They also wouldn't charge each other for items.
  • Would a tradesman be possible then?
    Quote:
  • While the "gemless" deformity isn't quite an issue (it does add some individuality, which anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy) I feel your pokemon link should have all of its types and moves available to learn.
  • I supose I can keep it at just missing the gem
    Quote:
  • Your proof of reading... Only tells me that you looked at the map. Honestly, from your sign-up, it looks like you didnt read the plot or any of it at all.
  • I wasn't really sure how to prove that I read it all. I may have missed something when I read it. I'll read it over again and edit my post.
    Quote:
  • Lastly, a backpacker? I mean, in some RP's that could work, but an RP like this? You'd be roleplaying alone, backpacking through empty forests and interacting with literally no one else in the RP.
  • I work well in RPs when I start out only working with my characters, I prefer them to be a stranger to all the other characters so I can work up with all of them.
If you could help me work out my Characters flaws I'd really appreciate it. Just give me some time to reread the post so I can figure out what I overlooked the first time.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
銀ヤミ

I enjoyed the posts so far, and I'll notify the other three to post.

Also, I'll make a character for Sacred fire (One a few of you will be familiar of, I've used him once before!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV View Post
[*]I couldn't find any indication of whether Tradesman or Salesmen would be the right term. You didn't seem to indicate whether currency existed yet.[*]Would a tradesman be possible then?[*]I supose I can keep it at just missing the gem[*]I wasn't really sure how to prove that I read it all. I may have missed something when I read it. I'll read it over again and edit my post.[*]I work well in RPs when I start out only working with my characters, I prefer them to be a stranger to all the other characters so I can work up with all of them.[/LIST]If you could help me work out my Characters flaws I'd really appreciate it. Just give me some time to reread the post so I can figure out what I overlooked the first time.
  • With close families, money is useless.
  • The thing is, trading wouldn't really apply either. Families in this era did things for each other, they didn't put a price on anything. Understand what I mean? Everyone helps everyone, on their side of the family at least.
  • nothing says you can't primarily have the pokemon learn dark moves, and train dark styles and not ice styles.
  • Indicate something about the writing itself, as everyone else has done.
  • I'm just saying, a backpacker doesn't really suit an RP with a set area such as this one. You want to be interacting with others, at least some (I say that because there are a few antisocial characters).

Old July 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Do we gotta wait for -Grayscale-, Mick Fizz, & NightOfRemorse to post before everyone else is free to post? I hope I can post soon.

~Dia+PS~
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Yeah, the important people get to go first.

Soooo....we wait...and wait.

You play too much
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

I'm going to post here to say i would like to reserve a divine water spot (although i acknowledge that reservation is pretty pointless now). I am currently writing up my SU and it should be up within the hour (depending on how well the creative juices are flowing). Have been keeping an eye on this since it was posted but have only just gotten enough free time to guarantee regular posting. Excited to see it has finally started.

EDIT: Here is my SU.

Spoiler:
Full Name: Teruyoshi Mizushima

Nicknames: None

Family: Divine Water

Career: Hunter, fisherman, sword for hire and general odd jobs

Appearance: Teruyoshi stands slightly taller than most and is deceptively lean. His skin is lightly tanned from time spent in the sun. His eyes are a light brown and appear to almost be a burnt orange colour. His hair is a deep black and is long enough to reach his shoulder. He wears his hair loose when in casual clothes but when preparing for training or fighting he will tie it back neatly. His nose has been broken numerous times leading to it being slightly malformed. This blemish does not mar his face to an extreme but does retract from appearance in a noticeable way. The rest of his features appear to have a slight point, most noticeably his chin. In all his faces has a sharp look to it.
Teruyoshi dresses in a traditional two layer hitatare (the form of dress usually seen worn by samurai in films and other media). He however opts to usually only wear the less flowing Yoroi hitatare to allow better movement and the ability to quickly adorn his armour should the need arise. His hitatare adorns the mon (crest) of the Divine Water family. It is a deep blue colour with black trim. On his feet he wears white tabi (socks) and waraji (sandals). His swords are thrust through his obi (belt) which is wrapped around the waist and tied at the front. When meeting the family members in an official capacity Teruyoshi will adopt a more formal attire and instead wear the more flowing hitatare and hang his katana from cords from the obi (imagine how those in western dress uniform affix their swords) and instead have his Wakizashi thrust in his obi. His swords are always on his left side for a right hand draw.
His armour follows the reverse colour scheme to his hitatare and is Tosei dou gusoku (I will find up an image if required although it is the traditional armour imagined when you think of battle ready Japanese warriors).

Personality: Teruyoshi is best described as a frustrated warrior. He is hot headed and quick to rush in however beneath this is an intelligent and caring young man. He does not allow many people close to him and his training and the upkeep of his weapons and armour are of the utmost importance to him.
He does however have a totally different side to him and will frequently spend time meditating and contemplating the beauty of nature in an attempt to calm himself and adhere to bushido. He finds this difficult due to his rash and hot-headed nature but tries desperately so as not to face dishonour. His strong sense of honour can sometimes be crippling.

History: Teruyoshi was taught the warriors’ way by his grandfather at a young age and has been training ever since. His grandfather would tell him stories of battles from long ago and in far off places which the young boy enjoyed thoroughly. As a child he could frequently be found with a stick in hand having mock battles with his Riolu. At the age of 17 his grandfather passed away leaving Teruyoshi alone. He had by this time come of age and although there was no standing military due to the long held peace of the kingdoms he began to use his talents in other ways. He now hunts, provides protection and escorts for those who require it and other such physical duties that benefit the Divine Water family. He will also turn his hand to labour work in the winter where hunting becomes unreliable. He is outspoken in his pleas to the family to increase its defensive force and he insists that the idyllic peace cannot last.

Skills: Teruyoshi is a talented swordsman, archer and rider. His speed outweighs what he lacks in sheer force. He has been schooled in the ways of bushido.

Flaws: Teruyoshi’s flaws are many although they may be merely a product of his age. He is hot headed and quick to act. He rarely thinks about his actions. This pains him greatly as he wants nothing more than to be the perfect warrior and follow the teachings of the warrior’s way. As such he will repeatedly scold himself and lose himself to meditation in an effort to correct his rash nature.
His strong sense of honour could also be considered a double edged sword as it is useful in some circumstances but can lead to trouble when the honourable thing is not the most sensible or practical. It is especially troublesome when other people are not as honourable and will take advantage of Teruyoshi’s actions.

Weapon: Katana, Wakizashi and Tanto, as well as a bow for hunting. He is more skilled with blade than he is bow but is lacking in neither skill.

Pokémon: Lucario

Pokémon Name: Seishin

Pokémon Personality: Lucario is much less rash than his trainer and will consider its actions before taking them. However he will follow orders if given them and has an ideal of honour much akin to his links. In many ways Seishin is much closer to the ideal warrior than its link. He acts as an advisor and aid as well as a friend and sparring partner.

Pokémon History: No specific history

Pokémon Specialty: Seishin specialises in close combat and moves such as aura sphere as is expected however he has shown unexpected talent in swordplay adapting his move bone rush to hold the bone formed as if it were a blade and not a staff (as seen in the anime).

Pokémon Flaws: His honour binds him as much as his link. Seishin however unlike his trainer will consider things more which may lead to hesitation. He follows his links commands but will not follow blindly. If Seishin finds such actions unnecessary he will make his opinions clear. He is however honour bound to follow them if Teruyoshi does not reconsider after a moment’s reflection (as long as said action is not dishonourable).

Proof of Reading: I assume this is a brief summary of the introduction post. Ethan has rescued the Kimono girls of Ecruteak city from a Rocket. He is then invited to hear a tale of two kingdoms by the owner of the dance theatre. The man tells the tale of two families who were once one but were split by a catastrophe. The catastrophe consisted of the burning down of one of the two towers while three of the 6 princes/princesses were within (specifically the beast trio) killing them. This led the female family leader to enter a rage and resurrect the three through use of her and Ho-Ohs sacred ashes (formed from her own reincarnation). The Divine water family beneath the male family leader retreated to an island off the coast of Johto. The bird trio fled with him. It is now five years later and is the night of the new moon festivities where the two families (apart from their leaders) meet to update each other about current affairs within each family.

Anything Else: Nothing comes to mind.

Last edited by Arctos; July 19th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links