The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Hey, I have found a bug, a very tiny bug, and my situation with it was somewhat funny!

I was training a Raichu I have got, in the Dreamyard. There Munna appears. It used Magic Coat, and I used Flash, an then Munna bounced Flash back. That is the bug, because, as Flash is now a damaging move, it shouldn't be bounced with Magic Coat. I told you it was funny because, as Flash is an Electric-type move in this great hack, when bouncing it, it activated my Raichu's Lightningrod ability, boosting my Special Attack!
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Shadow97

Check this out its my battle with burgh the gym leader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVC4CKyE1B0&feature=plcp
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Alright...Yin Black/Yang White has YET another update...in fact, it's its last update...The game is officially completed; as far as I'm concerned...New DLing link is available on OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
I finally beat Cress! I'll put the battle in a Spoiler for those who will play the game in a future and don't want to know anything about the Pokémon the leader has...

Spoiler:
Eevee was again the hardest. Finneon's Charm and Hypnosis helped me a lot, and I finally beat him with Tepig (who is Pignite now). I beat Mantyke with Finneon and Frillish (the 2 Pokémon that I am not actually training...), because his only way of harming them both was with Confuse Ray (he used BubbleBeam and Soak a lot, but Storm Drain and Water Absorb negated them; maybe you could consider giving it Air Cutter or something like that?, or he does already have it and he just doesn't use it?) and Panpour and Shellder were OHKOed with Roselia's Mega Drain. Luckily Panpour used Work Up, and not Acrobatics against Roselia...

Now I am in Route 3, I have just beaten Cheren. My problem now is that my Horsea and my Pidove are a beat weaker than Roselia and Pignite, 2 or 3 levels below, so I guess I will have to grind to have them at the same level.
Hmmm, it seems that Eevee is the Pokemon that give most peoples a problem...to be honest...I never really had much trouble beating this gym leader. LOL Charm and Tickle is always the best solution for dealing with his Eevee...

As for his other Pokemon, you're right...they are kinda...wimpy, aren't they? LOL Shellder doesn't have Sp.Def, so it's easy to deal with and Panpour offsensive stats aren't all that...It's easily overpowered, but you were lucky...It DID use Acrobatics on me, but that was before it consumed its Berry

...Yeah, it has Acrobatics and carries a berry...Big whoop, wanna fight about it? LOL

...But seriously, tho, I can't have the 1st gym leader super powerful...it can also use Work Up, so that also can make it even more deadly.

And yeah, on this game...baby Pokemon usually are weaker than their evolve stages and so on for the next stage. That's how I did the stats when I making changes and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
Hey, I have found a bug, a very tiny bug, and my situation with it was somewhat funny!

I was training a Raichu I have got, in the Dreamyard. There Munna appears. It used Magic Coat, and I used Flash, an then Munna bounced Flash back. That is the bug, because, as Flash is now a damaging move, it shouldn't be bounced with Magic Coat. I told you it was funny because, as Flash is an Electric-type move in this great hack, when bouncing it, it activated my Raichu's Lightningrod ability, boosting my Special Attack!
Hmmm...I hadn't realized that Flash was still affected by Magic Coat. I guess the game doesn't read it a damaging move, huh? LOL It was funny, tho...Yep, funny but awkward. :l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow97 View Post
Check this out its my battle with burgh the gym leader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVC4CKyE1B0&feature=plcp
You've made a vid...of my game. Hell yeah, I'll watch it...Tho, seems kinda random just to start off at Burgh. :p JK
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Shadow97

What's the new update in this game dude
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
What's the new update in this game dude
Just check the log in the first post. Just look under log: 3.2...it'll tell ya what's new and whatnot...It's not alot, tho...But I will tell ya this...I redid most post-game battles and added more Pokemon I forgot to add in the previous versions, like Skorupi...
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
bigtukker

Am I the only one who can't get this one to work? I tried a patched Europe rom and a clean Europe rom, but nothing happens when I try to patch it.
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtukker View Post
Am I the only one who can't get this one to work? I tried a patched Europe rom and a clean Europe rom, but nothing happens when I try to patch it.
well, then my friend, then that can only mean...You either haven't installed framework or you're not putting in the patch and rom correctly. There's nothing wrong with the romz you were using.

Just look at this, cuz I've heard this problem WAY too many times...and to be honest...It's kinda gettin' annoying. I'm sorry, and I'm not tryin' to come off as rude or anything, but that's how I feel.

Anyways, this pic show what should be in the patcher when gettin' ready to patch da file.

Spoiler:

Btw, this tutorial applies to all patches...Well, I guess that was kinda obvious, hm.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM
bigtukker

I got it working already. Thanks for answering nonetheless.
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtukker View Post
I got it working already. Thanks for answering nonetheless.
Aha, so you've figured it out your own, huh? Good...Guess the tutorial was for nothing, eh? :p

Well, I suppose...it could help folks who were also encountering your problem...

Well, anyways...I am glad that you got everything situated. If you have any other problems...just report it here, kay? I know I prolly messed up on something...somewhere.
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:32 AM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Nature: Quiet
Your hacks are just amazing, thanks very much

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Shadow97

I'm in the front of elesa with my team:
conkeldurr lv 44
zweilous lv 39
fraxure lv 42
larvesta lv 37
feraligatr lv 43
magneton lv 42
I'm gonna record the battle :D
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
FireAsh

All Look Nice Keep Up The Good Work
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollShammy80 View Post
Your hacks are just amazing, thanks very much
Thank ya-Thank ya! For da awesome feedback. ^w^

I hope you've enjoyed the game...

I'm sorry for taking forever to reply back to your comment. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAsh View Post
All Look Nice Keep Up The Good Work
Thanks, dude...Umm, I hope you've enjoyed the game...and it's difficult...ish...ness...Yeah. LOL

Quote:
I'm in the front of elesa with my team:
conkeldurr lv 44
zweilous lv 39
fraxure lv 42
larvesta lv 37
feraligatr lv 43
magneton lv 42
I'm gonna record the battle :D
Hah, so you've recorded it, eh? I'll check it out...Hmm, prolly shoulda sub'cha, so I can watch your activity...huh? LOL

I'll be uploading some battling in da Pokemon league over the course of this weekend...it was...challenging, tho...I did predicted the AI for most of da part. :\
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
I'm not gaining ANY exp on Yin Black/Yang White. I don't know why. could you offer a solution? i REALLY want to play it, but it's just not working!

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
I'm not gaining ANY exp on Yin Black/Yang White. I don't know why. could you offer a solution? i REALLY want to play it, but it's just not working!
You need the AP Patch for B/W, you need to patch it BEFORE the YangWhite/Yin Black patch.
Just google it and you'll find it.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
digimonqueen

never mind, i fixed it. i looked over the posts here and saw where i messed up. I was using a US rom, instead of a EU rom. My bad. now it's working.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Just started playing Yin Black... why would you have the player's mother give the player "Mom's Rod"? just sounds like an innuendo to me
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Shadow97

Here it's my battle against elesa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRu5ov8UcIU&feature=plcp
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
TrollShammy80

Hmm having issue with getting Yin Black/Yang White to work hmm...other 2 are fine and I know roms be clean

Ok nvm sorry, I goofed

Old August 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Just started playing Yin Black... why would you have the player's mother give the player "Mom's Rod"? just sounds like an innuendo to me
OMG LOL Don't say it like that, dude.

JK, JK...But seriously tho, I woulda named Mom's Fishing Rod, but it didn't fit...so mom's rod it was...it's like not a woman really have those part on them...so....yeaaaah. LOL

Quote:
never mind, i fixed it. i looked over the posts here and saw where i messed up. I was using a US rom, instead of a EU rom. My bad. now it's working.
Yep, yep...Always remember to use an Europe rom when patching this...It type of rom I used when I was making da changes and whatnot. :p

Quote:
I already looked at it...gave you a comment and everything. It was a good battle...Conkeldurr took care of everything.

Quote:
Hmm having issue with getting Yin Black/Yang White to work hmm...other 2 are fine and I know roms be clean

Ok nvm sorry, I goofed
Good. LOL I didn't halfta to get my hands dirty again. :p
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM
TrollShammy80

Haha nope kept em clean for ya...anyways gonna be doing a LP with a buddy of mine soon I will be able leave ya a link to check em out

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
OMG LOL Don't say it like that, dude.

JK, JK...But seriously tho, I woulda named Mom's Fishing Rod, but it didn't fit...so mom's rod it was...it's like not a woman really have those part on them...so....yeaaaah. LOL
Fair enough. Although, its not as bad as the one in Drayano's hack Sacred Gold and Storm Silver. Instead of getting the Running Shoes from the "Guide Gent", you receive the Old Rod.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:56 AM
digimonqueen

i'm playing Yang White with a EU ROM, and I'm not gaining ANY exp! it worked for Yin Black, so I don't know what's going on for Yang White. And that's the one I really wanted to try out too. Do you have any solutions? like, do i need to patch it or something?

Old August 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
The Grubby Pup

Quote:
Haha nope kept em clean for ya...anyways gonna be doing a LP with a buddy of mine soon I will be able leave ya a link to check em out
Haha...Really appreciate it! :D

Oh, an LP?! Sweet! I'll watch it...Just...yeah, leave da link to it once it done. :3

Quote:
i'm playing Yang White with a EU ROM, and I'm not gaining ANY exp! it worked for Yin Black, so I don't know what's going on for Yang White. And that's the one I really wanted to try out too. Do you have any solutions? like, do i need to patch it or something?
Hmmm, well...remember that B/W both got different type of AP, I think.

I'll suggest downloading a pre-patched rom with the AP already fixed, ya know...The patches will still work, even with a pre-patched rom, trust me...That's what I've been using this whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Fair enough. Although, its not as bad as the one in Drayano's hack Sacred Gold and Storm Silver. Instead of getting the Running Shoes from the "Guide Gent", you receive the Old Rod.
Holy ****..I remember that...Well, actually I didn't think of it at the time.

But now, thinking back on it; "Guide Gent gives you his old rod"...Does sound rather...sexual. LOL And the worst part about that was...I choose Lyra at the beginning. Dat fresh old ass man... >_<
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
The Grubby Pup

Okay, I don't mean to bump my thread; well maybe a little...but that's aside the point. I've uploaded a few new vidz of me playing my hack.

This is the elite four run...Up to Ghetsis and N and yes...it was a bit difficult.

Spoiler:

These vid can also be seen on the OP along with my Elesa and Burgh Battle. I hope you enjoy them. :3

Last edited by The Grubby Pup; September 2nd, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here