Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
So, does that mean you must get these event downloads to get those Leaders included into the Tournament, or does that just mean that these events give you the same Leaders but with different Pokemon?

Also, I can see Genesect being excluded from the Tournament, as well.
Same leaders already shown with new teams and items on the pokemon.
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I'm a little confused. When I select "Download" from the left lady (assuming that's where you get it from), I get dialog that consists of a question mark at the end. Am I downloading this from somewhere else first? Do I need to unlock "World Champions" first?
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Khrysta

You may need world Champions, though I'd see if its a Wifi Download first.

I don't have a copy of the game and it may very well have a special lock like I've heard rumored to exist on Japanese copies needing to be in Japan to receive the Downloads.

Still try Nintendo WFC first. If no luck, then unlock World Champions and try again.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Nothing appears on WFC, so I'll do my best to unlock Champs. I'm getting the absolute worst luck so far. These World Leaders are no joke ._.' Freakin' Norman got two Giga Impact crits on me :/
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Bobdapeach

Nature: Naughty
I love it, I think i'll be spending a long time there when the game releases in Australia (:

Old July 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
Nothing appears on WFC, so I'll do my best to unlock Champs. I'm getting the absolute worst luck so far. These World Leaders are no joke ._.' Freakin' Norman got two Giga Impact crits on me :/
If it still doesn't work then its because you can't download the new updates seeing as you don't live in Japan and the events may very well be region locked. (You'd have to be in the country that the event is released to receive the event/download/update)
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Even though I was perfectly eligible for the PWT for quite a while, it was only just now that I took part in my first Gym Leader Tournament (I was a bit paranoid and wanted to train my team a bit more before going for it)... It's fun, and I would love to try challenging the other tournaments.

Something really amusing happened though - imagine my face when, despite the blatantly clear type disadvantage he had, Marlon/Shizui managed to defeat Elesa and got to the finals. Just what in the world happened? xD

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post
Even though I was perfectly eligible for the PWT for quite a while, it was only just now that I took part in my first Gym Leader Tournament (I was a bit paranoid and wanted to train my team a bit more before going for it)... It's fun, and I would love to try challenging the other tournaments.

Something really amusing happened though - imagine my face when, despite the blatantly clear type disadvantage he had, Marlon/Shizui managed to defeat Elesa and got to the finals. Just what in the world happened? xD
OMG THIS! THIS is why I WISH they had a View Match option to watch the matches going on in the PWT Cause its just WTF worthy!

Now Imagine if there was a Dark Gym and they had Sabrina win against it....or even Normal/Lenora win against a Ghost Gym! XD this Randomly Generated Gym Leader Match Ups are hilarious.
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I've had Winona beat Lt. Surge before. It is quite comical. It could be region though. I won't lost any sleep over it, as I honestly shouldn't have this game to begin with.
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I've had Winona beat Lt. Surge before. It is quite comical. It could be region though. I won't lost any sleep over it, as I honestly shouldn't have this game to begin with.
It's not that comical... I feel they made flying gym leaders overpowered =D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Khrysta

@Haseyo

Quote:
A new feature in Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 are tournaments that can be downloaded. This is done by accessing the computer in the PWT building and downloading over the Nintendo WiFi Connection and feature a variety of different trainers to battle including various characters with teams different to in-game. Each tournament contains up to 4 trainers to battle, each of them with a selection of 6 Pokémon to use. The other trainers in the tournament will automatically lose
That's how you download the two new Wifi Updates.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Mewtwolover
Mewtwo worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
So far the only Pokemon restrictions I found are:
The following aren't eligible; Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta
There goes my plan to kick Giovanni's ass with Mewtwo(unless there will be an AR code or glitch that allows bypassing that restriction). I expected that there will be Pokemon restrictions but I still hoped it would've been unrestricted.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
since the PWT isn't really internationally competitive like the Battle Tournament, I bet there are codes and what-not that allow you to use Legendaries

stupid rules that don't let us have any fun

what's next, banning Legendary Pokemon from being able to battle the Elite Four? >.>
/
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It's not that comical... I feel they made flying gym leaders overpowered =D
True, but still. A full team of electric types should never lose to a bunch of birds unless she has a Dragonite with Earthquake or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
since the PWT isn't really internationally competitive like the Battle Tournament, I bet there are codes and what-not that allow you to use Legendaries

stupid rules that don't let us have any fun

what's next, banning Legendary Pokemon from being able to battle the Elite Four? >.>
I don't think banning super strong legendaries is bad at all. It would be lame if we could just destroy them with Mewtwo or Arceus. I guess if you find no competition fun...
And what do you mean by "Internationally competitive?" NA/EU won't want it as much? Are you insane? We've been waiting for this for ages.

Thanks for that info though XanderO. Still trying to EV train before going back in PWT.
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Twilight-kun

Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I mean, let's say you and I battle through WIFI in the PWT

I think we shouldn't be able to use Legendaries

but in-game, when you battle Akuroma or Hue, and other Gym Leaders, you should be able to use all 649 pokemon
/
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

They are just as tough as WiFi trainers, and because of the 3v3 limit, you're forced to be pretty aggressive. I've never had to EV train nor create entirely new teams for a Frontier before PWT. Their AI is top-notch outside of switching to sponge attacks. If they know your current Pokemon can't do jack squat, they will set up on you big time. I've had more luck battling friends than I have in PWT, lol.
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Twilight-kun

My team hasn't let me down yet
/
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

1) Who do you use?
2) If you haven't lost once yet, then why would you even want to bother with legendaries
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwolover View Post
There goes my plan to kick Giovanni's ass with Mewtwo(unless there will be an AR code or glitch that allows bypassing that restriction). I expected that there will be Pokemon restrictions but I still hoped it would've been unrestricted.
Well... that was pretty much expected that someone with 154 in Sp.Att won't be allowed to sweep everything in the way o.O

Quote:
They are just as tough as WiFi trainers, and because of the 3v3 limit, you're forced to be pretty aggressive. I've never had to EV train nor create entirely new teams for a Frontier before PWT. Their AI is top-notch outside of switching to sponge attacks. If they know your current Pokemon can't do jack squat, they will set up on you big time. I've had more luck battling friends than I have in PWT, lol.
Once you get hold of items, everything is a piece of cake
My Choice Scarf Lucario, Life Orb Volcarona, Choice Band Haxorus and something (xD) are sweeping everything along the way.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

That's the thing, I'm trying to get those hold items via winning. I'm not trading any of my B/W stuff to my Japanese B2.

If I just traded all of my powerhouses and items over, it wouldn't be as fun.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Twilight-kun

Quote:
1) Who do you use?
2) If you haven't lost once yet, then why would you even want to bother with legendaries
Lucario, Garchomp and Ludicolo, each focused on special attack and speed

as for using Legendaries...well, why not?
would be fun to see how far you can get with Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza
/
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I feel like you couldn't lose. Drizzle Kyogre can wipe the E4 with Surf, and I was 15 levels under.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Twilight-kun

shame they couldn't add the Elite Four in as Double battles

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance
Will/Koga
Bruno/Karen
Sidney/Phobe
Glacia/Drake
Aaron/Burta
Flint/Lucien
Grimsley/Shauntal
Caitlin/Marshal

or any mixture really
/
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
shame they couldn't add the Elite Four in as Double battles

Lorelei/Bruno
Agatha/Lance
Will/Koga
Bruno/Karen
Sidney/Phobe
Glacia/Drake
Aaron/Burta
Flint/Lucien
Grimsley/Shauntal
Caitlin/Marshal

or any mixture really
They don't have that kinda battle set up in the PWT. Double Battles end up being vs One Trainer with both people having 4 Pokemon using 2 at a time.

Would have been cool.
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

They could in the future. With this whole "DLC" tournament thing, I think they could make whatever the heck they wanna at this rate.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here