The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Nature: Relaxed
dude this is so awesome and it already has a demo so cool dude i look forward in playing.. this game but um... do u think the back sprite of the main character is a little slim.? but overall view this game is great and if it finishes i would surely play this
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Jtye
Beginning Trainer

This seems simply fantastic! Keep up the great work!
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Thanks for the comments guys.

Nothing has been really happening lately, been kinda unmotivated lately. No interest in working on the game at all haha. But don't worry, it's just a little slump, I'm sure i'll get back to work soon!
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Like I said, i'd get back to work soon! I made a new intro (which I forgot to take pics of :/ ) and have been working on the next town... well... yeah it's not a town. Here look! (It's in a crater)

Here's some screens from the destroyed town of Cedarcreek. There's more history here than you think! This is where Red and Blue's (Gary) parents died! You'll find out more when you play the game though! To the north is the desert, and to the west is some more route and the next town!
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:47 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
I really like this update! It's a really cool place. I always was fascinated by craters, and i think its a cool concept for a "town". I also really like the whole idea of Red and Blue's backgrounds being linked to this place in such a way. It's sad, yet I love it. :D

AHHH I love this game so much! It's looking so stunning, dude! I'm so happy for its...eventual...release! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Looks interesting, i'll be looking forward to the full release.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Thank you for the kind comments my friends.

Some big news as far as the team goes... Mark (aka Aquakip and hellopeopleoftheus) has joined the team! He is a fantastic pixel artist, and I can already feel the quality of the team and the game improving just by saying he's joined haha. As his first contribution... He has remade the starters and their evolutions. They turned out great in my opinion.

So a big thanks to him, they turned out awesome. Thank you again Mark, I really appreciate you helping out Obsidian! Stay tuned, I will be getting back to work within the next few weeks since I'll be done with my first year of college!

Until then... uh... have a good day!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Keep up the good work! And i hope you release some updates soon bud! See ya soon!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
TrackerXNinjaX
Traveling Artist

Well, I have just completed the demo in about 3 hours. And...This game is amazing! I was unsure of it because I haven't really delved deep into rmxp, but playing it blew away any doubts I had. The characters are believable and in time grow to actually care about them. The grass starter is my favorite, but the others are great too. I only wish there were some more fakemon and that the game didn't stop lol. Should you need any help in whatever form I would be glad to help. Just ask me and I'll see what i can do.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Thank you for the kind comments my friends.

Some big news as far as the team goes... Mark (aka Aquakip and hellopeopleoftheus) has joined the team! He is a fantastic pixel artist, and I can already feel the quality of the team and the game improving just by saying he's joined haha. As his first contribution... He has remade the starters and their evolutions. They turned out great in my opinion.

So a big thanks to him, they turned out awesome. Thank you again Mark, I really appreciate you helping out Obsidian! Stay tuned, I will be getting back to work within the next few weeks since I'll be done with my first year of college!

Until then... uh... have a good day!
Wow, Amazing work by Mark!
Much better than my old ones!
Though, I really never were a great fakemon-spriter!
Tiling always was my strong suit.
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
There seems to be a problem with the downloadlink... It won't download from rapidshare. can u upload it somewhere else?
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM
tb_dude
Beginning Trainer

I have a similar problem but instead it downloads then immediately deletes itself. Try Mediafire maybe?
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Try downloading it with a different browser guys, rapidshare hasn't given me or a majority of people I know any problems. If you try different browsers, and shutting off your antivirus, and it still won't work, then I will upload it somewhere else!

Here's a little update from DA from a few days ago. I redesigned the player card interface, and the badges. And Mark did another great job on the resprite of the main character!

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post

wow.
the updated starters are a big improvement, they look really good!
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
fiOWNya
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
A couple glitches:

In the (parent's?) bedroom, you can walk on the wall and bed.
Before you actually have Pokemon, the nurse in the PokeCenter will still 'heal' them. Maybe you could check for Pokemon and have the nurse say something like "Oh, you don't have any Pokemon" instead of going through the animation.

Just in case you didn't know about them.

I really enjoyed the demo. Haven't finished it, yet, but the beginning was pretty cool. Unique storyline too!
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Beandipp69
Beginning Trainer

I played the demo religiously until i beat it. So far the storyline, the graphics, just everything is amazing. Definitely the best Pokemon Fan based game I've played.. You've got something Beautiful on your hands, see it through 'til the end.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Math3w
Unhatched Egg

Nice work bro. I haven't seen such a great game made in that program in a while.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
Just thought I'd let you all know that I've started working on the game again! I hadn't touched it for the last two months due to... uh... lack of interest ?
But I hope to have an update within the next week or two! :)
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:46 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Hey I remember this game. Glad to know its still going strong. Those new sprites and scenes look amazing!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old July 7th, 2012, 05:19 AM
BlazingLink
Sergeant Serious

Nature: Modest
Everything looks great, Atomic! Definently an improvement since the last time I saw it.

Gotta say that I'd use the Grass starter, cause his final form looks like an angry tiki man.

Old July 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Thanks for the nice comments gaiz :)
And like I said, here's some new screens of the new areas I've been working on!
The route that leads to the desert! :)
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Good to see you back my man! These look great. Really interesting combinations of tiles. Keep up the great work, and like I say, great to see you back in action!
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM
SuperKamikazePenguin
Beginning Trainer

Honestly this is the best pokemon game I've ever played, including out of the real ones! Just a few suggestions though... Maybe more custom pokemon. The three starters are the only ones I've seen, and they're awesome! Oh, and maybe it's only in the version I have, but for some reason when curtain attacks are used, the animation comes out from the wrong side... I really wish the demo was longer... took me 1 sitting to beat it. Honestly though EVERYTHING is amazing!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Thank you for the kind words Gav :)

And SKP, I'm aware of the animation issue, it will hopefully be fixed in the next release!

Here's just a graphical update of Phil and your Dad
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
godo156
All Hail the Glow Cloud

Send a message via Skype™ to godo156
Good game sir.
Also, Nuzlockin': http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284851
Hope ya finish sir.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links