Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

View Poll Results: Whitney VS Jasmine
Whitney and Miltank 62 70.45%
Jasmine and Steelix 26 29.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Whispeon
Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Who do you think was harder?

I know most people will say Whitney and her Miltank, but Jasmine's Steelix was much more of a challenge for me, as I didn't choose Cyndaquil that often.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
[SIZE="a"]Whitney is tough, but Jasmine's Steelix is really highly leveled. Even though I usually pick Cyndaquil Jasmine is a much harder battle because her Steelix knows Rock Throw.[/SIZE]

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
In terms of difficulty, Whitney with her Miltank because.. well I think we all know the answer to that.
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
This is...random. lol I always have a Fire type, so Jasmine has never been that hard for me. But I don't always have trouble with Whitney either. I'll just go ahead and say Whitney I guess. I like Jasmine better though because she makes the - clang! - Steel type sound awesome.

paired to crono
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Whispeon
Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
This is...random. lol I always have a Fire type, so Jasmine has never been that hard for me. But I don't always have trouble with Whitney either. I'll just go ahead and say Whitney I guess. I like Jasmine better though because she makes the - clang! - Steel type sound awesome.
Seems random, but they seem to be the two hardest. I was kinda curious :3
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I'd have to say Jasmine as well, mainly because of that damn Steelix. To defeat Whitney, I always just traded a Drowzee for a Machop in one of the houses in Goldenrod, meaning the battle was always very simple.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
For me, Whitney's Miltank. I never really had any problems with Jasmines Steelix.

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
Whitney was easily the greater challenge for me on both Silver and Soul Silver at the time, only when I spammed Growl and Tail Whip did I stand a chance of beating that Miltank with my Onix after sacrificing my Noctowl and Furret. Jasmine was notable though but I had Typhlosion to deal with her thankfully.

Gotta love the high life.
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
They were both tough opponents, but I have to go with Whitney and her darn Miltank and Rollout! I mean, Jasmine and her Steelix were a challenge, but yeah. I always chose Cyndaquil (apart from Crystal where I chose Chikorita, but I'm not up to Whitney yet) so Jasmine wasn't too much of a problem.
Still young but no longer impressionable.

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd have to say Whitney and her Miltank were more difficult because of her abusing Milk Drink and Stomp flinch hax. Jasmine's Magnemite are often annoying to deal with as well with STAB Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, I normally have a Water type by then, so Steelix is easier.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Whitney's Miltank all the way, sweeties. However for me, I think it was just bad luck. She used Attract and Rollout, and the infactuation ALWAYS kicked in, and Rollout ALWAYS hits, and you know what happens continuously connects. -.-

I lost to a little girl with pink hair using a pink cow, thus making her my favorite gym leader! XD

Facebook Twitter

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
With Whitney, you could only get like one fighting Pokemon to easily trump Miltank. With Jasmine, you could have Water, Fire, Ground, or by then a larger pool of fighting Pokemon to choose from. So I always thought Jasmine was easier.
Old July 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

I'd say Whitney was harder than Jasmine, especially with her Miltank and its frequent use of Attract and Rollout. Then again, Jasmine is pretty close, with her Steelix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I lost to a little girl with pink hair using a pink cow, thus making her my favorite gym leader! XD
Figures a big time Whitney fanboy like you would say something like that! (jk, jk!)
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mentalii
Back

Whitney and her Miltank. I had to start again many times before beating her, while Jasmine never gave me any trouble, really. I even think she was one of the easiest gym leader.

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
HeroesAndCons

Hmmm... unless I have Geodude, I always have trouble with Miltank, and unless I have Ampharos (with Fire Punch) or Feraligatr I always have trouble with Steelix. I'd say Steelix is a smidge more difficult, if only because fire types get hit hard by Steelix' Rock Throw and Ground types get annihilated by Iron Tail, whereas Miltank's main strategy can be stopped more easily by just using Smokescreen or Thunder Wave.

Anyway, we all know that generally, Clair's Kingdra is the hardest Gym Leader.
Try the Base Stat Total Limit Challenge!
Old July 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
It's always Miltank that gets me whenever I replay my Gold version. Even if I don't start with Cyndaquil, I'll usually have a Fire-type (preferably Arcanine) by the time I fight Jasmine. With Whitney, though, it is always a daunting task fighting against her.
FC: 2148-8142-2372

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM
wubwubwubwub

Nature: Lax
Whitney and that Miltank made me stop playing for weeks

All credit for my signature goes to Bobina30! :3
Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:25 AM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Whitney and Miltank were harder.

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Whitney almost never gave me trouble, except when she spammed Milk Drink. Other than that, she wasn't too bad, I guess. The same goes for Jasmine, because I always packed Cyndaquil or Totodile, and they both have type advantages, so she wasn't that bad either. But I voted for Jasmine because I like her better, and her Steelix can actually do damage on me, while Whitney was more of a pain to battle because of how durable that Miltank is.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
WHITNEY is easy as pie, I mean, get a well trained GEODUDE, and she's done like dinner.

JASMINE is easy as long as your have a decent fire type to melt her metal. Or heavy-duty Ground-type. Water works too.
T!M

Last edited by T!M; July 18th, 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM
James_Andrews
Veteran Trainer

I'd say Whitney, partly because I found her Miltank far more difficult to dispose of than Jasmine's Steelix. Although, if you managed to obtain a Machop and trained it properly, both Whitney and Jasmine would be a walk in the park.
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Jasmine was usually a challenge, though she wasn't as move abusing and spamming as Whitney. I mean, Jasmine wasn't super hard as long as you had a decent Fire, Ground or Fighting type Pokémon, though Whitney on the other hand was tough as a nail unless you had a Pokémon with Fighting type moves or if your Pokémon high-leveled, female and had some strong moves, because Clefairy spamming Attract as well as her Miltank spamming you with Stomp making you flinch all the time and healing itself with Milk Drink were both just really hard to beat.

So I'd definitely say Whitney, just because I've always had a much harder time beating her than Jasmine.
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM
marb
Beginning Trainer

Whitney's Miltank. I had no problem defeating Jasmine.
Wasted your masterball and need another?
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Theta Rex
Euclid

Nature: Quiet
I never really found either of them to be that challenging, whether through pokemon choice or moves, I dunno. But really, I'd have to say Whitney and her Miltank.
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Polizard'12
Pokemon Trader

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Polizard'12
It was tough to choose, but you can easily lower Miltank's stats without suffering too much but as for Steelix, everyone fainted except my Feraligatr!
Pokemon Friend Codes

Black: 1464-1648-3107 (Connor)
SoulSilver: 0562-3433-1970 (Gold)
Pearl: 3482-9492-0865 (Adam)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here