The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted June 18th, 2012 (10:35 AM). Edited June 19th, 2012 by Squirrel.
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Doing a new play through on Pearl for a Nuzlocke challenge and it's way more fun if it's recorded as a story, so here we are! :D I don't know how often this place gets posted in though so yeah, I'll add updates to this post for now I guess!

Chapter 1

• I woke up in a daze with an excited Barry shouting down the phone at me. He'd been my best friend for years so I was used to this by now. Seems I've been enlisted to go on an urgent expedition to Lake Verity in search of the elusive Red Gyarados... Typical Barry; I think I'll spend ten more minutes in bed.
  • After having a cup of tea with mom and telling her about my plans for the day, I headed out to rendezvous with the ever in a hurry Barry as he hurtled out the door full speed straight into my face. I've come to accept this as normal behavior for him by this stage so I quickly forgave him.
  • Being as forgetful as he is, Barry immediately ran back inside without saying a word and hurried to his room to collect his journal that he'd forgotten. Curious where he'd gone, I followed him inside and was greeted with the thread of being fined $1,000,000 if I was late to the lake. Yup, that's Barry alright!
  • We ventured out of town and shortly reached Lake Verity; however before having time to look for the mysterious Red Gyarados, we were greeted by an old man and his assistant, whom was carrying a brief case.
  • The pair seemed to be discussing something important so we decided not to bother them as we made out way into the lake, but as we took our first few steps, the old man shot straight up and came over to us. This was scary to say the least!
  • He introduced himself as a Pokemon professor before darting off straight past us as his assistant, who we now knew to be Dawn, reservedly apologized for the professor's crass behavior and ran off to follow him.
  • Confused by what had just happened, I stared out into the vast shining lake wondering just how many Pokemon were actually living there. However my thoughts were quickly interrupted by Barry yelling at the top of his lungs in fright.
  • Now alert, I ran over to Barry seeing him being confronted by a group of angry Starly. I thought to myself "Serves you right, I told you not to walk in the long grass!", before catching up to him and trying to help him out.
  • Whilst running from the birds, I tripped over a strange brief case left in the middle of the grass and as it opened on its side, three Pokéballs spilled out! I assumed they must've belonged to the professor, but after glancing back at the Starly heading straight for me, I knew what had to be done.
  • I quickly grasped the first Pokéball I saw and threw it out onto the ground. I'd never commanded a Pokémon before but it had been a life-long dream of mine, so I was pretty charged when a Turtwig appeared from the Pokéball! Although as I shouted out for it to use various moves that I'd seen on TV such as Leaf Storm and Solar Beam, the Turtwig didn't listen to me and simply used Tackle instead. I guess I still had a lot to learn.
  • Barry, who had now taken the same plan of action as me, had sent out a Chimchar to fight on his behalf. He was commanding this Pokémon well and knew exactly what moves to use and how to use them, before he called over to me that my new ally would only be capable of using a basic Tackle attack and Withdrawing to increase its defense. So that explains why I was ignored!
  • I ordered the Turtwig, whom was currently running in circles around the Starly teasing it, to use Withdraw. A blue light appeared like a shield over Turtwig just as the Starly crashed into his back, but due to the increased defense the attack didn't seem to do a thing. Then I ordered the move Tackle, which shortly disposed of the aggravated Starly.
  • Barry's foe had already been taken down minutes ago by his fast-paced battle using Chimchar, but we decided it'd be for the best to leave the tall grass as quickly as possible.
  • We ran out of Lake Verity cheering and excitedly comparing battles before Barry hurtled face-first into the waiting professor. He withdrew quickly and we both stood anxiously awaiting our punishment for using his Pokémon, but as he opened his mouth to speak his voice was calm and controlled. He didn't seem too bothered about what had happened and didn't even ask for his two Pokémon back; maybe he just forgot? At any rate, he requested that we came and visited his lab in Sandgem Town so we headed in that direction post-haste.
  • Along the route to Sandgem Town I was ambushed by several more Pokemon; Bidoof and Starly came out from all directions as I asked Turtwig to protect me and hurried into the next town in which I was promptly greeted by Dawn. She requested that I followed her into the professor's lab, and I had no choice but to agree.
  • The professor, introducing himself as Professor Rowan, asked to see the Turtwig that I had borrowed. I was reluctant to let my new friend go, but I guess it wasn't actually my Pokémon. I begrudgingly handed over the Turtwig to Professor Rowan and turned around to start walking out of the lab. However, just as I took my first step, Professor Rowan spoke.
  • "Excellent. That Pokémon really seems to like you, so I'm going to let you keep it. It's standard for trainers to give their Pokémon a nick-name so give it some thought."
  • Awestruck, I gazed at my new Turtwig partner before taking it into my arms and squeezing it hard. I didn't either know its gender; how was I supposed to name it? As I squeezed, Turtwig let out a sharp yelp which sounded reminiscent of an old friend's cry, so with that I named my new partner 'Clay'. Turtwig then licked my face before laughing to itself; guess it must be naughty natured.
  • As I was informed that Dawn was the trainer of a Piplup and Barry was entrusted to keep his Chimchar companion, Professor Rowan requested that I travel the land of Sinnoh and collect as much data about all the region's Pokémon as I could with a new Pokédex that he had given me. Was this a dream come true?
  • With that, I took Clay to the Pokémon Center where I discovered his gender and abilities from the nurse, before staying the night to rest alongside my new partner. I couldn't stop dreaming of all the adventures yet to come!

Chapter 2

• First thing in the morning I parted the Pokémon Center and headed back home to tell mom what had happened. She'd be so worried about me not coming home last night! I made my way back through Route 401 whilst fighting off the countless Bidoof and Starly with Clay's help; he's really getting tough!
  • I made it back home safely thanks to Clay and after having lunch with mom, I collected my journal and told her about my dream to set off on my own Pokémon adventure. She was reluctant to agree but after showing her how strong Clay had gotten, she finally decided I could go out and complete the professor's quest of gathering as much information in the Pokédex as possible. But as I was about to leave, Barry's mother burst in the room asking where Barry was and after I delivered a half-hearted tale of what had happened to us both, she knew that he would've already set off and simply sighed. She requested that I deliver him a parcel before he goes too far ahead, so I agreed and set out for my journey.
  • Whilst traversing Route 101 and fighting off countless wild Pokemon, me and Clay stopped for a training session just outside of Sandgem Town. He had to be strong for what's coming up in the future! He began taking down the wild Pokémon with more ease every battle until eventually in a battle against a solitary Bidoof, he was tackled into exceedingly hard and collapsed to the floor. After that he just stopped moving. He had a look of concentration on his face and naturally I was now panicking about what would happen next. Was he injured? Was he tired of fighting? Had I done something wrong?
  • In fact, it was the exact opposite. His face suddenly lit up in a brilliant grin as he unleashed a bright glowing orb from the leaf on his head. The orb crashed into Bidoof and Clay began glowing a brilliant shade of green and began to stand up whilst the Bidoof collapsed. I guess this must mean Clay learnt Absorb! We then continued through Sandgem Town.
  • As I passed into Route 402 I was shocked to see Dawn waiting for me. She pounced out from the tall grass and shouted "Boo!" with me jumping back in shock. She said something about wanting to show me how to catch Pokémon as I watched her capture a nearby Bidoof with help from Piplup. This was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen! After imparting some tips she gave me five of her Pokéballs, so I rushed off to start capturing new friends.
  • I remembered hearing something about only being able to capture one Pokémon per route and it had to be the first I encountered, so I made sure to head back to Route 401 to make my first capture. Excited as to what I'd find, I ventured into the tall grass and was instantly stopped by a level two Bidoof. It seemed like a very chirpy Pokémon so I weakened it slightly and threw my Pokéball, but it broke free. We exchanged a few more hits and finally Bidoof was mine! I decided Wilson would be a great nick-name for him and welcomed him to the team.
  • I decided to head straight to Route 402 with my new friend Wilson to see what my next Pokémon would be, and within a few steps a wild Kricketot jumped out at me. I'd never seen this Pokémon before so I couldn't wait to try it out! I weakened her and threw a Pokéball and she was all mine. Deciding on the nick-name Cheryl, I ventured out with my two new companions.
  • I decided to train my new friends before we ventured too far, but with Cheryl only knowing Bide and Growl this was going to be a challenge! Her first fight was against a level four Starly who got two critical hits whilst Cheryl was biding, ending in Cheryl's defeat. I had been on my journey for less than an hour and have already let one Pokémon die. What the hell is wrong with me! I held back tears, clutching Cheryl's limp, lifeless body in my hands before sending a furious Wilson out to finish the job. Cheryl was not going to die in vain! As Wilson unleashed a powerful Tackle, Starly fell to the floor and Cheryl had been avenged. I took her body to the PokéCenter to be burried properly; she would always be a memorial of my first adventures.

In loving memory of Cheryl, Level 3.
  • We decided to take the night off and mourn Cheryl's loss before continuing our journey tomorrow.

Current Team

• Clay Lv. 9
  • Wilson Lv. 3

RIP

• Cheryl Lv. 3
Old Posted June 19th, 2012 (06:42 AM).
encas
Don't tread on me.

I have made some progress since yesterday. Once I had rescued the bicycle shop owner in Eterna City, I fought Gardenia and was having a lot of trouble with my two-Pokemon squad, even with both Antoinette and Bijou at level 22 or so. But then I decided to see if evolving Bijou into a Luxio would help - problem solved!

Since then, I received Cynthia's egg. After a few resets, I managed to hatch a Modest one with Serene Grace, and at the moment, Francois the Togepi is currently being trained in the hidden cavern of Wayward Cave. He is about nine levels lower than the remainder of my squad, but that is okay.

Team:

Francois (male Togepi) [Lv. 16]
Bijou (female Luxio [Lv. 25]
Justine (female Bidoof - HM slave) [Lv. 12]
Antoinette (female Prinplup) [Lv. 25]
Old Posted June 24th, 2012 (06:04 AM).
Azure Rathalδs
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

Just started a new runthrough of Pokemon Heartgold. I'm not even a hour in, but I might as well show off my team as of today.

Hunter (female Sentret)[lv.6]
Leafasaur (male Chickorita)[lv.8]

Just made it to route 31 and haven even touched violet city yet, so it's very early days for this play-through.
Old Posted June 25th, 2012 (09:05 AM).
RedJ
OR

Nature: Quiet
Since I finally beat White yesterday, I decided to spend the remaining time from now until White 2's US release working on finishing Platinum...which I bought months ago and played for all of an hour before tossing it (almost literally- part of the reason I didn't play it for so long was because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it in my waste basket as I was emptying it o_o) aside for White. Picked up Platinum last night and restarted, annnd didn't get very far.

Name: RedJ
Rival Name: Edward (I dunno, he always struck me as an Edward for some reason)

Total time: 44 minutes
Current team:

Malik (Turtwig) ♂ Lv8

Sarabi (Shinx) ♀ Lv3

Failsauce (Bidoof) ♂ Lv4

Star (Starly) ♀ Lv4

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old Posted June 26th, 2012 (02:21 AM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Restarted Platinum again, and here's my details.

Trainer Name/Gender: Nichole, Female
ID No.: 51591
Time: 0:27

I started my journey with this guy:

Chimchar "Ichiru" ♂ Lv7
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember

Yeah, this is the first time I'm nicknaming my team.

Lucas gave me 5 Poke Balls, I'm going to try and catch a Starly for my team.

Caught my first Pokemon, this girl here:

Shinx "Lumina" ♀ Lv3
Impish nature
Intimidate
Mischievous
- Tackle

I might use her for a bit until I find something better.

Now, caught this guy as well. Might use him as an HM slave:

Bidoof "Nutty" ♂ Lv4
Hasty nature
Unaware
Likes to thrash about
- Tackle

Now, looking for a Starly... and I caught this one:

Starly "Korra" ♀ Lv2
Rash nature
Keen Eye
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Growl
Old Posted June 27th, 2012 (07:28 AM).
RedJ
OR

Made it to Jubilife City, met Looker, delivered parcel to Edward, got a Town Map, obtained Poketch, and then proceeded to horribly destroy Edward. Doing a bit of grinding before moving on.

Total time: 3:01
My current team:

Malik (Turtwig) ♂ Lv12

Sarabi (Shinx) ♀ Lv9

Star (Starly) ♀ Lv10

Failsauce (Bidoof) ♂ Lv6

Jung (Abra) ♂ Lv8

I also caught this guy-

...but I don't have any use for him since he evolved so now he's rotting in my PC 8D;

Old Posted June 28th, 2012 (05:42 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Beat a Trainer, dumped Nutty (Bidoof) and Lumina (Shinx) in the PC and added Drizelle (Psyduck) to my team.

Here's my Psyduck's details:

Psyduck "Drizelle" ♀ Lv5
Bold nature
Damp
Good perseverance
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip

Need to raise her a few levels so she can be my star against Roark.

Oh, what's this? Korra is evolving!

Staravia "Korra" ♀ Lv14
Rash nature
Intimidate
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

And I'm training my starter here until he evolves in time for my first Gym battle!

Chimchar "Ichiru" ♂ Lv11
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt
Old Posted June 29th, 2012 (06:53 AM).
Spore
Beginning Trainer

The first time i reach veilstone gym, i had a murkrow and a grotle. i though it will be easy but when i reach lucario I couldnt stand a chance cuz of his fight/metal type...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted June 29th, 2012 (08:15 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

My latest details in Platinum, training Drizelle to take on the first Gym.

Ichiru even evolved into Monferno and learned Mach Punch since my last post.

Psyduck "Drizelle" ♀ Lv6
Bold nature
Damp
Good perseverance
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip

Staravia "Korra" ♀ Lv14
Rash nature
Intimidate
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

Monferno "Ichiru" ♂ Lv14
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Mach Punch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt
Old Posted June 29th, 2012 (10:55 AM).
RedJ
OR

Made it to Oreburgh, doing just a bit more training before taking on the Gym since I caught some new Pokemon (seen below).

Total time: 4:31

Current team:

Malik (Turtwig) LV17 ♂

Star (Staravia yaaaay it evolved) Lv14 ♀

Sarabi (Shinx) Lv11 ♀

Jung (Abra) Lv12 ♂

Blank (Psyduck) Lv10 ♂

Hassan (Machop) Lv10 ♂

Placed in PC:

Artex (Ponyta) ♂- this guy'll be getting some usage once I finish up in Oreburgh. Also if this were a Nuzlocke I'd feel bad for naming him Artex ;

Old Posted July 1st, 2012 (08:26 PM).
TheWeirdBadger
Ice Type Gym Leader

Nature: Jolly
So I was really wanting to play with Budew and Buizel, so I thought, why not? I restarted my Pearl game just to try out these two, as well as Chimchar, since I've never really played with any of them. I decided to play as the girl as well, just to mix it up. I'm going to treat this as if it were a story almost. I'm only going to update this two more times, once after I defeat the Elite Four, and once after post game.

My team, after gaining the fourth badge:

Monkie, the Monferno Lv.34
Spoiler:

Nature: Naughty. Impetuous and silly.
Ability: Blaze
Move Set: Mach Punch, Fury Swipes, Flame Wheel, Taunt

Story line: Lana has had Monkie her whole life, raising him ever since he was a Chimchar. However, once he evolved into a Monferno, he became too mischievous for his own good, as Lana lived in Jubilife City. He started causing trouble for all of Lana's neighbors, and would "monkey around" throughout the city. So Lana decided that it was time to get out of Jubilife City, and officially start her Pokemon adventure. Now Monkie is roaming the Sinnoh region, playing tricks on everyone he meets.

Rosie, the Roselia Lv.36
Spoiler:

Nature: Timid. Likes to thrash about.
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Big Root
Move Set: Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, Worry Seed, Grass Knot
Beauty Ribbon, Normal Rank winner.

Story Line: On her way to Oreburgh City, Lana came across a little Budew looking at her reflection in a small pond. Monkie, seeing this as just another oppurtunity to play a prank on someone, tried to sneak up behind her to push her into the pond. However, the Bud Pokemon saw the monkey's reflection in the pond as well, and quickly ran away. Lana felt sorry for the little Pokemon, and, after scolding Monkie, went after it. She apologized to the Budew, who was shyly hiding behind her own vines. While the two were talking, Monkie grew very bored, and saw that Lana had left her bag on the ground behind her. A quick grin flashed across his face... He reached inside, pulled out a Pokeball, and threw it at the little Budew. Lana very angrily turned around to yell at her Monkie as the Pokeball shook 3 times. Then, with a ding, the little Budew was hers.

As they went on their travels, the Budew became attached to Lana. Now named Rosie, the little Bud revealed her dream to be a Beautiful Roserade. Lana promised to help Rosie reach it. The friendship that grew between the two allowed Rosie to evolve into a beautiful Roselia, getting her one step closer to her goal.

When the team got to Hearthome City, Lana and Rosie decided to check out the contest scene. They entered the Normal Rank Beauty contest, just for fun. They knew they were the underdogs, and had no real hope of winning. The important part was that they were practicing. However, defying all odds, Lana and Rosie won their first contest! Now proudly wearing a Normal Rank Beauty Ribbon, Rosie's dream of becoming a beautiful Roserade still burns brightly.

However, Rosie is not just a Beauty Queen. She has proven to be a very competent battler. She was singularly responsible for winning Lana two of her badges: The Coal and Fen Badges.

Foxie, the Floatzel Lv.34
Spoiler:

Nature: Serious. Proud of its power.
Ability: Swift Swim
Move set: Swift, Crunch, Agility, Aqua Jet

Story Line: The first day of her journey, Lana made it as far as Floaroma Town. With her Monferno and Budew, she decided to stay the night at the Pokemon Center, and check out the Valley Windworks first thing in the morning.

With a fresh start, the team set out to explore the cool building. However, on their way, a fierce Buizel jumped out of the tall grass, right in front of Lana's path. The wild Pokemon expressed a clear desire to battle. So without hesitation, Lana sent out her little Rosie. Even with the type disadvantage, the Buizel put up a great fight, but ultimately lost. However, she would not accept defeat. The Sea Weasel Pokemon started following Lana around, expressing to her and her team that it only wanted to grow stronger, and she felt that she needed Lana to do just that. Lana was happy to accept, and sent out a Pokeball to catch the very eager Buizel. Lana nicknamed her Foxie.

Every day, Foxie would always do her very best, trying to become stonger and stronger. Using her agility and her strength, she was able to take down tough competition with ease. She soon became so strong in fact, that one night, just as Lana was about to reach Solaceon town, Foxie evolved into a very strong Floatzel. She is now a key player in Lana's team. However, Foxie may be a little too serous for her own good. She rarely takes time to just relax, and Monkie's carelessness tremendously irks her. The two do not get along.

HM Slaves: Bibarel and Wingull (Soon to be Pelipper). Honorable mention goes to previous HM Slave Buneary , who was my HM slave up until this point.
Completed Challenges:
Spoiler:

Solo Run: Dewgong (Blue), Dodrio (Blue), Kangaskhan (Silver),
Nuzlocke Challenges: Red, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire

Old Posted July 3rd, 2012 (08:55 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
SoulSilver

So after doing some research I decided to begin EV training. Picking my LARVITAR that I caught at Mount Silver as the target for the training. Being of a Lonely Nature it's Defense is strong and it's Attack is weak.

After about 3 hours of consistent training on Route 40/41 I have now acquired 255 SPDEF EVs. Now I'm going to trot around with my newly evolved PUPITAR (Lv.40 Currently-Started at 20) south of Blackthorn to train it's defense.

My future TYRANITAR will be a heavy tank specializing in DEF and SPDEF stats.

PUPITAR Lv. 40
Nature: Lonely
HP: 111
ATK: 91
DEF: 69
SPATK: 61
SPDEF: 88
SPD: 54

Attacks
SANDSTORM | EARTHQUAKE
ROCKSLIDE | STEALTHROCK
Old Posted July 5th, 2012 (06:23 PM).
TheWeirdBadger
Ice Type Gym Leader

Lana's story continues.

My team, after gaining the eighth badge:

Monkie, the InfernapeLv.51
Spoiler:

Item: Lum Berry
Move Set: Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Dig, Taunt

Storyline:
Quote:
Storyline: As a Monferno, Monkie wouldn't take anything seriously. He was always goofing off and playing pranks on everyone. He greatly annoyed Rosie and Foxie, who could never take him seriously.

However, Monkie realized that life was not all fun and games. At the top of Mt. Coronet, Monkie saw that there were people who were trying to destroy everything he took for granted. He could see innocent Pokemon being abused for selfish reasons. Monkie knew that he couldn't go on living the way he was if he wanted to put an end to all of this madness. After this revelation, Monkie learned his strongest move, Flare Blitz, and evolved into a strong and mighty Infernape. He was able to talk some sense into the enraged Palkia, and was able to restore order.

Now, using his both his wisdom and power, Monkie has become a great leader, earning the respect of his Teammates. He was finally able to bring Lana her eighth and final badge, the Beacon badge.

Rosie, the RoseradeLv.50

Spoiler:

Item: Persim Berry
Move Set: Petal Dance, Toxic Spikes, Worry Seed, Shadow Ball

Quote:
Storyline: All of her dreams were coming true. Rosie finally was able to evolve into a beautiful Roserade. Although the majority of her time has been spent destroying her opponents in battles, Rosie will one day move on into the Pokemon Contest world, where she will try her best to be the smartest and most beautiful Roserade in the Sinnoh region. Perhaps, she occasionally hoped, the smartest and most beautiful Pokemon in Sinnoh.

Foxie, the FloatzelLv.50
Spoiler:

Item: Amulet Coin
Move Set: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Crunch

Quote:
Story Line: Every day, Foxie pushes herself to work harder than the day before. She struggles and squirms to be the strongest in the land. However, this behavior leads to the occasional burnout. She will fight and fight without ceasing, being her own greatest weakness.

This was brought to a climax when she tried to defeat Volkner all by herself. Against Lana's decisions, Foxie burst free of her Pokeball during the gym battle. She was too quickly defeated by Raichu's Thunderbolt. Frustrated and embarrassed, she rushed out of the gym, though Lana quickly caught up with her. With the help of Monkie, Lana was able to explain to Foxie that she wasn't always going to be able to be the champion. She must work with her teammates, and together they would be able to bring down any opponent.

Foxie finally did learn to share the spotlight, and she proudly cheered on her friends Monkie and Rosie as they brought down Volkner. Now that Lana had the badge, she was able to teach Waterfall to Foxie, making her stronger than ever before. Foxie still wants to be strong and powerfull, but she now has a brand new perspective.

HM Slaves: Bibarel and Pelipper
Completed Challenges:
Spoiler:

Old Posted July 5th, 2012 (07:02 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Posting now so I don't fall too far behind!

After playing a bit of KH: 358/2Days, I decided to head back to a regular RPG. I picked HeartGold to play for a few reasons. Mainly because I found a really great deal on a new copy. The game brand-new, a Ho-Oh statue, and a rare cover for the Pokewalker, all for $40. Which is exactly what SoulSilver (just the game with no extras) cost. Also, my best friend and I were talking about Pokemon, and his favorite game is Gold.

Now when I play Pokemon games, I started a tradition of playing as the male character and naming him Tetsuo. (Name came from way before G/S were released.) When I played through Crystal recently as Tetsuo, his personality began to show through. And since I'm working on my own Pokemon fanfiction, I figured why not write the adventures of Tetsuo?

If you recognize where I'm getting the nicknames of the Pokemon from, feel free to VM me. It should be easy to guess if you know where my username is from. :V

--

Day 1
Giving up on both the Kanto and Orange Leagues, Tetsuo returned home to New Bark Town. It wasn't that he just couldn't get through the challenges. It was just that the world expected him to solve all their problems. He just wanted to train his Pokemon. Tetsuo crossed over from Kanto into New Bark Town. It was windier than he last remembered. But his mother was still the same, and she even had a new version of the PokeGear to gift her son, and she still wanted to know if he knew how to use it. It was just pick up, dial the number, and wait to make a call, right?

Lyra, his friend that he hadn't seen in years, met Tetsuo right at the doorway of his house. She told him that Professor Elm had a new discovery to share, and Tetsuo should see it right now! The Marill at her feet bounced with each rise in Lyra's voice pitch.

Elm's discoveries always lead to something interesting. Waving good-bye to his mother ("Would you like me to save your money, dear?"), Tetsuo headed to Elm's lab. There, the man explained that he believed that Pokemon bonded better with their trainers when kept outside of their Pokeball, and wouldn't Tetsuo like to try it with a new Johto starter Pokemon? He did. He choose a Totodile so Tanis the Typhlosion wouldn't get jealous, and gave the reptile a nickname.

Sturm the Totodile
Personality: Gentle
HP: 23
Attack: 14
Defense: 11
Sp. Attack: 10
Sp. Defense: 13
Speed: 10

Tetsuo and Sturm headed out of New Bark Town. Route 29 felt familiar, but different. Especially with a Totodile sniffing at Tetsuo's heels. After battling a few Hoothoot, they made it to Cherrygrove City. Tetsuo was greeted by another trainer with a Croconaw, and both trainer and Pokemon were recovering from a trip through the Orange Islands. Spending the night in Cherrygrove, Tetsuo and the trainer shared stories.*

--

Day 2

Tetsuo was so tired that he barely did much traveling. He still didn't make it to Violet City, and decided to camp on Route 30. Sturm's full of energy, even wanting to lead Tetsuo around as they travel.

But they did manage to work together to catch a Spinarak.**

Kitiara the Spinarak
Personality: Lonely
HP: 15
Attack: 9
Defense: 7
Sp. Attack: 8
Sp. Defense: 7
Speed: 6

It was a difficult capture since Sturm's just a little overleveled for the area. Tetsuo likes practicing battling a lot.

*This would be my original character from the Pokemon fiction I'm currently writing. I put Tetsy's adventure in-between her second and third adventure.
**I forgot to get Kitiara's stats when I first caught her at level two, so enjoy her level three stats.
Old Posted July 7th, 2012 (04:08 PM).
TheWeirdBadger
Ice Type Gym Leader

Lana's story continues.

The Elite Four!!!:
Spoiler:

Note, I did not bring any of my HM Slaves in as Item Fodders. I went in with only Monkie, Rosie, and Foxie.

Aaron: Monkie was able to take all of Aaron's bugs down with his Flare Blitz. I only had to use a Hyper Potion once during, and once after the battle, cause of that nasty recoil damage.

Bertha: My Rosie was able to take all of Bertha's pokemon down with her elegant Petal Dance. She only used up one Persim Berry, and with a Hyper Potion after the battle, she was all good to go.

Flint: Foxie took care of Rapidash and Infernape with her powerfull Waterfall. Monkie took down Lopunny with his Brick Break, and Rosie defeated Drifblim and Steelix with her Shadow Ball. My team had to work together to bring Flint down. (btw, I am totally an Ignitionshipper)

Lucian: Foxie Crunched Mr. Mime, Girafarig, and Alakazam as if it were nothing. Monkie was able to defeat Medicham and Bronzong with his Flare Blitz. (I used Monkie against Medicham mostly to break a Light Screen with his Brick Break)

Cynthia: The Champion was definitely a challenge, and the 4~9 level difference didn't help. Foxie took down Spiritomb with a few Waterfalls, even though Cynthia kept healing with Full Restore. Monkie crushed Roserade with his Flare Blitz, and then Rosie easily brushed Gastrodon aside with her 4x STAB Petal Dance. Monkie put up a brave fight against Lucario with his Brick Break, but Lucario got the upper hand and my poor Monkie fainted. Foxie then burst free of her Pokeball and, in a vengeful rage, Waterfalled the Lucario into the ground. Rosie put up a great fight against Milotic, and it took about 3 Petal Dances to bring the beast down. And now finally, I was up against Garchomp. I had to mess around with using some Hyper Potions and Max Revives to get Foxie back to full health, and that took a few turns. However, once I got her ready to go, it only took two Ice Beams to bring down that giant. And with that... I had won!

Play Time: 39:09
June 28, 2012 - July 7, 2012

My team, after defeating the Elite Four:

Monkie, the InfernapeLv.59

Item: Sitrus Berry
Move Set: Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Dig, Taunt

Rosie, the RoseradeLv.59

Item: Persim Berry
Move Set: Petal Dance, Toxic Spikes, Worry Seed, Shadow Ball
Smart Ribbon, Normal Rank winner.

Foxie, the FloatzelLv.58

Item: Mystic Water
Move Set: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Crunch

HM Slaves: Bibarel and Pelipper
Also carrying around Palkia just to fill in the last slot

Lana Trainer Card.png

ATTENTION!!

I am giving away all of the items that I do not need, since I am almost done with this Journey. I have almost all of the Plates and Incense, 4 Armor Fossils, a bunch of Evolutionary Stones, and practically every TM and Item you get from Regular Gameplay. I could also catch a few Pkmn Pearl exclusive Pokemon for you, if you want. I am giving them away for free, because if you don't take them, they will just go to waste. Just PM me to ask for something. The FC is 2623.9029.6759.

Completed Challenges:
Spoiler:

Old Posted July 10th, 2012 (12:01 PM).
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

I finally beat Cynthia and now have the National Pokédex, now exploring the Fight, Survival and Resort areas
Old Posted July 17th, 2012 (07:56 AM).
T!M

SoulSilver

So after much training, struggling, saving, restarting and all around trouble...I have finally defeated LANCE round 2, with his level 72 SALAMANCE. With my TYRANITARS tank like stats (thanks to EV Training) I put a stop to him. Then jokingly, I again challenged RED (or TIM in FireRed) and I was half assing the battle until I started to actually win. With the use of many REVIVES and HYPER POTIONS and beat him, utilizing VICTREEBELL's Grass Knot against the clearly; over-weight SNORLAX of his. After finally beating him, boasting on FB, I went to collect my spoils in PALLET TOWN and SAFFRON CITY. I chose MUDKIP and BULBASAUR to fill out my balanced type'd tea. Replacing POLIWRATH with MUDKIP and VICTREEBELL with BULBASAUR. I started EV Training both of them immediately. So now I have battled every challenger and have pretty much beaten the game. Now I will buy a couple new games in attempt to finish off my POKeDEX.

My Team

TYPHLOSION ♂
Level 74
Quirky nature
Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Eruption, Rock Climb (getting rid of this one.)

MUDKIP ♂
Level 9
Bashful nature
Tackle, Growl, Surf, Mud-Slap

BULBASAUR ♂
Level 5
Bold nature (bad nature, )
Tackle, Growl

TYRANITAR ♂
Level 61
Lonley nature
Payback, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock

KADABRA ♀
Level 71
Bashful nature
Psybeam, Psychic, Recover

DRAGONITE ♀
Level 61
Sassy nature
Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fly, Wing Attack

Old Posted July 17th, 2012 (01:22 PM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I decided yesterday on restarting my Soul Silver version, as there was nothing to do. I chose the fire-typed starter, Cyndaquil and to my surprise, she was a female! I named her Cindy, as it was similar to Cyndaquil and it was a reference to a playthrougher, Jimmy31428. After beating the rival and whatnot, I caught a Spearow (Pierce/M) and I traded over a Budew (Alexis/F). In addition to that, I also traded over a Bidoof HM slave and three items, being a Shiny Stone, the TM for Grass Knot and the TM for Sunny Day. I taught the former TM to Alexis and the later to Cindy. After going along, I caught a Mareep (Tiffany/F) and after some level grinding, she learned Thunder Shock! Afterwards, I beat the Violet City Gym Leader, Falkner, with ease.

After some training along the southern route, the Union Cave and the Slowpoke Well, Cindy and Tiffany both evolved into a Quilava and Flaaffy respectively. Then I beat the 3 following 'bosses': Proton, Bugzy and my rival.

Cindy - Female - Level 17 [Blaze] @
-Ember, Quick Attack, Smokescreen and Sunny Day

Pierce - Male - Level 14 [Keen Eye] @
-Peck, Fury Attack, Pursuit and Leer

Alexis - Female - Level 15 [Natural Cure] @ Miracle Seed
-Mega Drain, Grass Knot, Growth and Stun Spore

Tiffany - Female - Level 17 [Static] @ Shell Bell
-Thundershock, Tackle, Growl and Thunder Wave

Also, here's a little 'extra' team picture I drew for fun ;w;

Spoiler:
Old Posted July 18th, 2012 (02:42 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I'm not quite sure if this thread still follows the '6 hours to double post' rule or if it's just for the BW Travel Journey, so excuse me if I'm breaking a rule ;w;

I trudged through Ilex Forest, grinding Pierce through the wild Pokemon along the way. I encountered a Kimino Girl and then Pierce kindly showed her the way out. I grinded a bit more until I found this one dude tackling the trees. He then responded that it wasn't a Tackle, but rather, a Headbutt! He then taught said move to Tiffany and Cindy!

Outside of the forest, I obtained the TMs for Taunt and Embargo, while being excelent TMs in competitive (Wonder Launcher Battles for Embargo), I decided to keep them in my bag and not teach them to anyone. I battled the trainers in this route and met up with Ethan, who then showed me the Daycare that belonged to his Grandfather. I registered his phone number - along with the Grandfather and Grandmother's phone numbers - and proceeded out the route.

Arriving in Goldenrod City, I decided to go check up on the Dept. Store. I bought the TMs for Thunder, Fire Blast and Solarbeam, I taught Thunder to Tiffany and Fire Blast to Cindy. To my surprise though, Cindy was incompatible with Solarbeam. Oh well, at least I can teach it to her when she evolves! Walking around the city, I encountered a Game Corner and spent my time trying to get enough coins from the Voltorb Flip, losing track of time in the process. I managed to get enough coins to buy myself a Sandshrew! I named the little dude Digit, as the Pokemon reminds me of Drillbur and this was a reference to shofu's Drillbur in his B2W2 playthrough (It also looks like "Dig it!", haha!). I then taught him Rock Tomb.

I am now exploring the National Park. There's nothing much so far, I saw a Bug Catching Contest going on, though, it was a shame I missed the sign-ups by 5 minutes. I did find the TM for Dig, so I taught that to Digit.

Cindy - Female - Level 19 [Blaze] @ Charcoal
-Ember, Fire Blast, Headbutt and Sunny Day

Pierce - Male - Level 18 [Keen Eye] @
-Aerial Ace, Fury Attack, Pursuit and Leer

Alexis - Female - Level 18 [Natural Cure] @ Soothe Bell
-Mega Drain, Grass Knot, Growth and Stun Spore

Tiffany - Female - Level 20 [Static] @ Shell Bell
-Thundershock, Thunder, Headbutt and Thunder Wave

Digit - Male - Level 18 [Sand Veil] @
-Dig, Rock Tomb, Swift, Sand-Attack
Old Posted July 18th, 2012 (11:51 PM).
theSyko501

Just started a Sacred Gold run

-Got Chikorita as a starter
-Recived Eevee from Cynthia then got mystery egg
-Beat rival with Eevee returned egg to the professor
-Cought houndour on route 46(i thank it is the one near newbark town)
-Hunted for surskit for an hour on route 30 5% chance to appear but cought him finnaly
-Went through sprout tower with houndour and got chilled ore from the elder sage(used to evolve eevee into glaceon in this game you can choose and item for any of the eeveeloutions from him)
-Evolved Eevee into Glaceon at level 7
-Cought Gastely
-Trained Glaceon in sproute tower till level 13(when she gets icy wind
-1 shot all of Falkners birds with Glaceon

Team

Modest Level-17
Bite
Icy wind
Tackle
Sand-attack

Modest Level-11
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder
Tackle

Modest Level-14
Ember
Bite
Howl

Mild Level-10
Night shade
Lick
Spite
Meen Look

Docile Level-8
Bubble
Quick attack

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old Posted July 21st, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2012 by T!M.
T!M

Tim vs Sinnoh Ch. 1

Note: So I just bought Pearl once again, and I'm excited to start a travel journey from scratch. So enjoy the travels as I cross Sinnoh revealing the mysterious of the region and catching every POKeMON in the known POKeDEX

Current Team

PIPLUP ♂
Level 8
Hardy nature
Pound, Growl, Bubble

STARLY ♂
Level 8
Serious nature
Tackle, Growl

So to start my journey I began watching TV. The show was a documentary of the shiny GYARADOS that made an appearance in GSC and SSHG. Interested I leave down stairs and my mother tells me Ben was looking for me. I leave the home, but not before mom tells me not to walk in the grass without protection (ie. Another POKeMON)

Like a good child, I say "okay" but later do the exact opposite. My little town of Twinleaf is a basic, standard town, looking very familiar to PALLET TOWN. I head to Ben's house and knock, before I can even do that though. Ben bursts through the door, bumps into me, and claims that if I don't meet him outside of town in a short span of time, I owe him one-million PokeDollars(?*).

With that said I follow Ben out of town and he offers that we go to Verity Lake and try to find a shiny POKeMON of our own. I lead the party to the Verity Lake and we see an old guy and hot girl speaking about something. As they finish talking they part Ben and I and pass us.

Little did they know, they forgot their briefcase. As we approach it, two wild STARLY's fly at us. With quick thinking we open the briefcase and find 3 POKeBALLS inside, I take the one to the farthest left and throw it at the ground. It opens and reveals a bright blue penguin-POKeMON.

After several basic attacks, I down'd the STARLY. Ben did the same. As we finished our first battles, the female from earlier re appears, astounded we had used the POKeMON within the case, she takes the remaining POKeMON and its briefcase and disappears.

Ben claims he needs more time with his POKeMON and we leave the Lake. As we leave we are confronted by the old man from earlier. He gives us a stern stare and scowl and simply leaves, the female as well...

We return home and I explain to mom the situation and she asks me to go to the nieghboring town of Sandgem and meet with the old man who, as it turns out, is famous POKeMON Professor known as Rowan.

After receiving some good running shoes I depart my home for Sandgem town to the east. When I arrive I am stopped by the female from earlier who introduces herself as Dawn.

She leads me to the lab in town and introduces me formally to Professor Rowan who turns out not to be a bad guy. He tells me to keep the PIPLUP and gives me a POKeDEX, asking me to find record of every species in Sinnoh. Naturally I agree. Dawn, and her narcissistic like attitude informs me that she'll show me around, because evidently I'm too much of an idiot to find out about it on my own.

She then asks me to go home and tell my mom that I'm leaving home. Which I do. After back tracking from Twinleaf to Sandgem again. I am again pestered by Dawn who feels I'm too stupid to know how to a catch a POKeMON. This being after I bought 5 POKeBALLS. >:[

After catching a BIDOOF she gives me 5 more POKeBALLS and sends me on my way. I catch a STARLY, BIDOOF and SHINX. BIDOOF and SHINX being placed in the box as collecting evidence.

After training my STARLY. I head north and beat several trainers between Jubilife and Sandgem and get into the town. I rest at a POKeCENTER and then saved and stopped playing.

Next Time? Going to find Ben at the Trainer School and deliver the parcel his mom gave me to deliver to him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current Team

BUIZEL ♀
Level 10
Modest nature
Growl, Pursuit, Water Gun, Water Sport

STARAVIA ♂
Level 15
Serious nature
Double-Team, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

GEODUDE ♂
Level 16
Adamant nature
Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rock Polish

Before heading to the Trainers' School from the POKeCENTER I headed west from Jubilife picked up an OLD ROD and caught a MAGIKARP. I then went north and defeated all the Trainers. Catching a GEODUDE within in the cave.

I went back to Jubilife and the Trainers' School and found Ben at the blackboard reading up on his POKeMON Studies. Before speaking with him and delivering the Package his mother sent me to deliver to him, I spoke with two students in the corner. They both asked to challenge me to which I accepted both their challenges.

GEODUDE wasn't strong enough for their ABRA's with Hidden Power, so quick-switched to PIPLUP and allowed him to handle the male student. The female student the same situation occured but instead I switched to STARLY who OHKO'd the ABRA. After our victory I the male student offered me my first Technical Machine, Hidden Power. I gladly accepted the gift and moved on.

I went to speak with Ben and gave him his package, he opened it and inside were two Regional Maps, he gave me one and kept one for himself. He then bolted from the school.

I followed and was stopped by a snazzy looking gentlemen. Surprised I wasn't in possession of something called a POKETCH he issued a challenge that if I found 3 clowns in Jubilife City under his employment, answered their questions and brought back their coupons, he would give me a fabulous prize.

So I searched all of Jubilife and found all three clowns, answered their simple questions and returned to the POKETCH creator. After counting the coupons he handed me the POKETCH and left. I went out Jubilife's east exit and was stopped immediately by Ben, who had been waiting for me. He challenged me to POKeMON Battle and I accepted. I sent out GEODUDE first and Rock Threw his pathetic STARLY, then came his TURTWIG. I used STARLY and one Wing Attack put that TURTWIG out of it's misery. Defeated, Ben headed further east to Oreburgh City.

Battling all the trainers on the route east of Jubilife, I caught an ABRA and KRIKETOT, I then continued east until I entered a cave, a Hiker within gave me a mysterious HM and said I would only be able to use it after I defeated the Oreburgh GYM LEADER.

I entered Oreburgh where a local trainer showed me to the GYM, where Ben had already defeated the leader and informed me that he was in the mine south of the city. After speaking with everyone in town, I headed south into the mine. While inside I caught a ZUBAT and ONIX, spoke with LEADER who as it turned out was Roark. I followed him out of the mine and into his GYM. I then beat his two CGT (Certified Gym Trainers) and proceeded to challenge Roark, the battle was close where PIPLUP easily defeated his GEODUDE and ONIX, but almost lost all his health to his Jurassic POKeMON. After beating him, PIPLUP evolved into PRINPLUP, after that I received his signature TM and badge and headed back through the cave west of Oreburge in the direction of Jubilife.

When I returned I found Dawn and Rowan in a altercation with two well dressed astronauts. When I intervened it would turn out that Dawn had lost her POKeDEX to them. Teaming up with Dawn and her CHIMCHAR we easily wiped away their POKeMON and received the DEX back and more of Rowan's respect. After they both left, a man approached me and gave me a fashion case, for some reason... :/ I then continued to head north with my ROCK SMASH HM and broke a path to the next route through some rugged rocks.

When I exited, I battled a few trainers and entered Floroma Town. While there I did a little shopping found out that more of the astronauts were hanging around, and picked some berries. I then headed east and a young girl told me her father was being held hostage at the mill. I rushed to the scene but was stopped by a wild BUIZEL. I caught, it's nature was okay and I did a little research on it's base stats and decided to replace it with my PRINPLUP. I returned to the Oreburge mine and am now in the process of training the female BUIZEL.
Old Posted July 22nd, 2012 (04:41 AM).
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

Decided to play SoulSilver once more.

Chose Totodile and named it Shaymoose. I went and made my way to Mr. pokemons house and got the pokedex. I beat the unknown boy and 'found out' his name was Nick. I caught a bunch of pokemon for the pokedex and got to Violet City. I went and found myself a Mareep that I called Zeus. Then I went up Sprout Tower and beat Falkner.

Team

TOTODILE [Shaymoose] Lv13 (M)
Serious Nature @None
-Tackle
-Leer

-Water Gun
-Bite

MAREEP [Zeus] Lv13 (M)
Quiet Nature @None
-Tackle
-Growl

-ThunderShock

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old Posted July 22nd, 2012 (10:58 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2012 by T!M.
T!M

Tim versus Sinnoh Chapter 2

Current Team

BUDEW ♀
Level 15
Quite nature
Absorb, Growth, Mega Drain, Stun Spore

BUIZEL ♀
Level 14
Modest nature

STARAVIA ♂
Level 16
Serious nature
Double-Team, Growl, Quick Attack and Wing Attack

GEODUDE ♂
Level 17
Adamant nature

The next morning...

After sleeping in the Oreburge mine, I proceeded to train my BUIZEL. When she was strong enough we left and headed back west to continue the journey. Noticing the sun shining brightly, I thought it the opportune moment to catch a BUDEW. After searching for quite some time north of Jubilife I found on, caught and it's nature was satisfactory.

I returned to the Oreburge mine to train it against GEODUDEs. When it was strong enough I again returned to the quest at hand.

I headed north to Floroma Town and checked the berries I had planted yesterday. They were all in bloom, but not quite finished growing. I watered them and then headed north of Floroma. I saw two of those astronaut guys robbing a poor man.

I intervened and they both challenged me; not at the same time. Their POKeMON were quickly swept away by the combined forces of my BUDEW and BUIZEL.

When they left, the man noticed that they had dropped the Windworks Key, he gave it to me as well as a jar of honey.

I rushed to the Windworks to aid the little girl. After exploring the area, I found a PACHIRISU and returned to the mission.

I battled the astronaut guarding the Mill's door and he assumed I had not yet found the key, so he locked himself inside. Little did he know I had already taken care of his cohorts in the meadow.

I opened the door to the Windworks and he bolted. Following close behind I battled two more of those astronauts guys.

And went into the back room of the windworks. There I a young lady with bright red hair stared at me. I noticed the little girls father trapped behind a desk.

She challenged me with her ZUBAT and PURUGLY.

I quickly switched BUDEW with BUIZEL as BUDEW Special skills were not doing enough damage. (Need to get Cut for him) Her ZUBAT Toxic'd my BUIZEL but I was able to KO the ZUBAT and gain the experience before my BUIZEL fainted from the poison. I switched with GEODUDE and the lady switched to PURUGLY. With several super-effective Rock Smash's her Dark-type PURUGLY fainted.

The lady told me her name was Mars and she, as well as all the astronauts were called Team Galactic; and they had bigger fish to fry. In a poof of smoke they all vanished.

The girls father thanked me and the little girl returned to her father.

Before I left the man told me that a "baloon POKeMON" would return... I'll have to check that out later.

After finishing this side mission I returned to Floroma and did a little shoping with the prize money earned from all of the Galactic bouts.

I then checked the berries (still not done) and proceeded north of the route between Floroma and The Mill.

Looking for any new POKeMON in a patch of grass I came in contact with a SHELLOS. I caught after Paralyzing it with my BUDEW. I then proceeded further north and battled a lass with a PACHIRISU, my BUDEW and it's Mega Drain were more then enough. That's when I saved and rested.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUDEW ♀
Level 19
Quite nature
Cut, Growth, Mega Drain, Stun Spore

BUIZEL ♀
Level 19
Modest nature

STARAVIA ♂
Level 22
Serious nature
Double-Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack and Wing Attack

GEODUDE ♂
Level 19
Adamant nature

Later that day...

I got up and continued north, battling all the trainers on the road between there and Eterna Forest.

When I reached Eterna Forest a young female trainer asked if I would join her in exiting the maze of this forest. So together we battled every trainer in the forest, while I was lucky enough to capture a BUNEARY. When we reached the exited the forest, the ***** left with out so much as a reward. I don't mean to be stingy, but her CHANSEY did more then harm then good.

When I left the forest, I battled a bunch of fishers on a wooden bridge and finally entered Eterna City. As always I first explored the entirety of the city. Noting a ominous building in the most northern part of the town. As I went to the outskirts of the town I saw a statue... the plaque that described it was faded but apparently some mytical POKeMON named PALKIA drifts in space between this world and the next.

I also met some emo girl by the name of Cynthia, I can tell you I already don't like her. Despite her kindness in giving me a new HM.

After exploring the city and it surrounding area I headed to the GYM and took on all the CGTs in a forest maze in the facility. After beating all the hidden trainers I confronted the LEADER Gardenia. The battle was quick and painless. I wiped out her entire team, including her ROSERAID with my STARAVIA. She gave me the Forest Badge for my victory and a new TM. When I left, I cut the trees blocking the entrance into that humongous building from earlier. I entered and found out it was the head quarters for Team Galactic.

When battling some goons on the first, second and third floor I finally found another Galactic Head, Jupiter, holding the Rad Rickshaw's BUNEARY hostage.

I battled her and she was lucky enough to defeat my BUIZEL where my GEODUDE sweeped the rest of her team into the dustpan. Again, the cowardice Team Galactic fled. Saying they had a boss who was looking to the stars not the planet we live on before vanishing.

Rad, grateful for me saving him gave me a special bike.

To polish off the night I went to a Master Spelunker and received an UNDERGROUND KIT. He issued me a challenge and I completed everyone of them flawlessly. Finally I had my own KIT and I did some "after school" digging and found a YELLOW SHARD and an EVERSTONE. After reemerging from the ground I saved and rested once again.

Old Posted July 23rd, 2012 (02:39 PM).
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

I've been playing through Soul Silver and have beaten the Johto gyms, just about to head off to Lugia in the whirl islands
Old Posted July 23rd, 2012 (03:45 PM).
T!M

BUDEW ♀
Level 26
Quite nature
Cut, Flash, Mega Drain, Stun Spore

FLOATZEL ♀
Level 28
Modest nature
Crunch, Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Water Sport

STARAVIA ♂ (Sky Plate)
Level 30
Serious nature
Double-Team, Endeavor, Quick Attack and Aerial Ace

GRAVELER ♂
Level 27
Adamant nature
Rock Smash, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Polish

MEDITITE ♂ (Fist Plate)
Level 27
Quirky nature
Confusion, Calm Mind, Drain Punch, Rock Smash

Tim versus Sinnoh Chapter 3

From Eterna City I sped with my bike west into Mt. Coronet, only to be blocked off my impassible boulders, while searching the grass path before Mt. Coronet I captured a BONSLY, GASTLY and MEDITITE; the MEDITITE I kept as it's stats were good and its nature was beneficial. I then proceeded back to Eterna City and headed south to the Bicycle Road where, at the check point, I received an EXP Share.

From the Cycle Road I noticed a cave and decided that when I reached the end of the road I would enter there.

When I reached the end of the road I cut a path through some feeble trees and traversed under the Bridge.

Battling several trainers I eventually made it to the caves entrance. I entered and used Flash with BUDEW. It lit the caves innards and I navigated through with trouble. A natural maze, I lost track of my location and was being constantly bombarded by BRONZORS, the bane of my existence.

My POKeMON could not keep battling them as every two-and-a-half steps I would encounter one. I used my BUIZEL thinking it would evolve at level 21, little did I know, FLOATZEL would not appear until 26.

I had to leave the cave twice to heal up and come back. On the third excursion into the cave I finally found a path I had not tread yet and found a young girl in the darkest part of the cave. Scared, she asked me to lead her out while healing my POKeMON when needed.

To my surprise she was actually a very capable POKeMON Handler; althoug her KADABRA wasn't nearly as strong as my league of POKeMON it was still impressive how the she handled it.

Back tracking I finally made it out of the cave and the little girl darted off.

After rescuing the little girl, by the name of Mira, I returned back to the quest at hand, cutting across Mt. Coronet I encountered a man with tall, blue hair. Speaking in an astronomical way he left me with a cryptic message. I continued on from there.

On the other side of Coronet, I battled several trainers and entered Hearthrome City, a stray BUNEARY ran into me and a young lady caught it, claiming it to be hers, she then thanked me and left, while exploring a man from Hoenn lead me to a place called the contest hall. Where the local GYM LEADER Fantina laughed at me saying I wasn't strong enough to challenge her yet.

Annoyed, I headed inside the contest call and much to my shock I saw my mother who was speaking with the lady that owned the BUNEARY.

Mother decided to take a vacation apparently and said that contest hall was a place that brought her joy in her younger years. She insisted I play-part in a contest and gave me a tuxedo. I laughed and left the contest hall almost immediately left Hearthrome. I was stopped by a Hiker offering a mysterious egg. Curious of it's contents I took it without hesitation and continued on my way.

Now heading east of Hearthrome I battled several trainers while accessing a stone panel with an ODD KEYSTONE I got back before I went into Hearthrome.

A click was heard and I continued forward, seeing a large tower up ahead I entered and its musty smell and dank insides me uneasy. I took the stair case up and traversed 3 floors battling ghost POKeMON galore.

When I reached the top of the tower. I was given a CLEANSE SEAL and another HM by an elderly couple paying their respects to the tower's fallen.

I rushed down the tower and exited, heading north from there...

I don't remember the town's name but the next one Solecian* was a small town with a road that split it in half. I explored the entire town and the outskirts finding a mysterious cave. Inside on the wall there was a strange language that I could vaguely make out. I followed it's instructions and happened upon a room with a treasure, seals, plates and a nugget.

I exited the cave with an Escape Rope and continued heading north. While on the ROUTE above Solecian* Town. I used my EXPLORER KIT and entered the Underground. Digging some areas I was lucky enough to find a WATER STONE and a DAMP STONE, which I'll use when I teach my FLOATZEL Rainy Day.

I exited the ground and continued. After passing every trainer in the area, I was met with a group of PSYDUCKs blocking the path to the north, they we're not inclined to move.

I instead headed east into ROUTE 215, I think. Where suddenly a torrential downpour began. Running as fast as I could to get out of the rain, I battled trainers until I reached Veilstone.

Veilstone I explored from top to bottom including the Dept. Store. I also went into the game corner and did some under age gambling. I won over 1,000 Coins and left.

Then I went to the GYM, bumped into Dawn who made an awful pun and left. Putting my STARAVIA before everyone else, he alone battled on the CGTs and when we came to Mayline, was it? He began the real fight. The battle was intense, her MEDITITE and MACHOKE were no trouble, her LUCARIO, a rather rare POKeMON, was another story.

4 of my 5 useable POKeMON were defeated while lowering her LUCARIO's HP, when BUDEW was the last one standing, I sacrificed her to use a REVIVE on my FLOATZEL, the fastest of my POKeMON, with a first-strike of the final round, I took out the last remaining centimetre of LUCARIO's health and took the match. Receiving the COBBLE BADGE, I left with Drain Punch TM and equipped it to my MEDITITE.

That's where I saved.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links