The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which is a better game name? (Most votes will change the game name.)
Pokemon Enexta Version 1 25.00%
Pokemon Apexin Version 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex

Advertise here
I see that you edited some of the maps. They look a bit better now. Not much, I'm gonna be honest, but it's an improvement. Try now placing some flowers, stones, bushes and other details. Maybe a path to get away from the all-green color.

You could also make a map with ledges, so that the player is forced to go through the tall grass when going in one direction, but can avoid it by jumping down the ledges when going in the opposite direction.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying about your maps, I'm just trying to help xD

Old July 15th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Rick1234
Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium Version.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
I see that you edited some of the maps. They look a bit better now. Not much, I'm gonna be honest, but it's an improvement. Try now placing some flowers, stones, bushes and other details. Maybe a path to get away from the all-green color.

You could also make a map with ledges, so that the player is forced to go through the tall grass when going in one direction, but can avoid it by jumping down the ledges when going in the opposite direction.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying about your maps, I'm just trying to help xD
Hey no problem. I love getting help sense I don't have anyone to help me on the project.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Rick1234

Just a really small update. I have now thanks to Rayquaza. I have Gym tilesets :D So the gym will possible be complete in the first version.
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Rick1234

Update: This is a big update. Revolving around scripts and what not and some map work.
The game is now known as Pokemon Enexta Version DS 0.2 That's about how far the game is made. Several maps are being worked on because of the change. I am working on the idea's for Pokemon Essentials DS with Venom12, which is in 0.2 just about where the game is until he updates again.

Last edited by Rick1234; July 18th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

I like the DS thing, and everything else so far. Nice update. My only issue, is the name: Marawana Town, I mean, I realize that most people that play this game will be adults, but this is a bit off don't you think. Its just my opinion. Do what you want. Good work though
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
I like the DS thing, and everything else so far. Nice update. My only issue, is the name: Marawana Town, I mean, I realize that most people that play this game will be adults, but this is a bit off don't you think. Its just my opinion. Do what you want. Good work though
I am working on the name XD It's just a temp XD
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

^ ok haha. I was slightly taken aback by that
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
^ ok haha. I was slightly taken aback by that
You know I am taking name idea's ;D
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Papertobi
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Hey everything looking good :D the tiles and maps look smooth and nice
I only found a little problem, in the first screens the hero is different than when professor juniper is giving her speech and you choose male and female, aside from that everything seems to be going nice! Keep working and dont give up

-Project at the time Pokemon Iridium!

Check out my sprites in my sprite thread! :D
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284711
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papertobi View Post
Hey everything looking good :D the tiles and maps look smooth and nice
I only found a little problem, in the first screens the hero is different than when professor juniper is giving her speech and you choose male and female, aside from that everything seems to be going nice! Keep working and dont give up
It's changed just old screen shots. I got to take some new ones today.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Ramond Hikari
- Lonely Shooting Star -

Nature: Lonely
I think your maps are a little bit plain, just want to help, but you really need to add some more rich details, maybe add more buildings, couples of flower bushes,... or small puddles of water...

Are you sure you have updated your Pokemon Essential version because the font looks a little weird...

PS: I thought the Pokemon Follow script was originaly created by help-14 and fixed by zingzags... so you should credit help-14, too...

Just want to make the game better so don't judge me :D
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramond Hikari View Post
I think your maps are a little bit plain, just want to help, but you really need to add some more rich details, maybe add more buildings, couples of flower bushes,... or small puddles of water...

Are you sure you have updated your Pokemon Essential version because the font looks a little weird...

PS: I thought the Pokemon Follow script was originaly created by help-14 and fixed by zingzags... so you should credit help-14, too...

Just want to make the game better so don't judge me :D
Origonaly yes. But I agree my maps are bland. I am still working on the way I map. For now I have to finish some overworlds.
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Rick1234

Another update.
B/W pokemon sprites are almost complete and a beta will be released later on.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
So, I see there haven't been any updates to this thread in quite a while. It really seems like it'll be an interesting game, and I wouldn't want to see you giving up on the project.

I could help you a little when it comes to maps - if you want, I could recreate Route 601 with some fixes & details. Based on that map, you could create the others.

Old July 28th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Rick1234

Quote:
So, I see there haven't been any updates to this thread in quite a while. It really seems like it'll be an interesting game, and I wouldn't want to see you giving up on the project.

I could help you a little when it comes to maps - if you want, I could recreate Route 601 with some fixes & details. Based on that map, you could create the others.
Sure that would be great :D The only reason I have not been updating is because I got a xbox 360 and I have got addicted to it.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:35 AM
LightningAlex

Ah, so that's why there haven't been any updates xD I understand that

Anyway, I've tried my best - sorry that the map is in FR/LG style, but I don't have the tilesets you're using. You can just use this as a mold to recreate R601 with the tilesets you're using (If you like it, that is).

As you can see, the map is a lot smaller (41 x 25), which makes it harder to have "empty space".
The rectangle tool hasn't been used on this map. The road and grass (Areas that the player can walk on) are a random shape, instead of "hallway-like" box, if you know what I mean.
And last, but not least, maps need to have more than 2 colors (especially if those 2 colors are 2 different shades of green). Just a few red flowers and brown stones make the map better looking and "complicated".

I really hope this helps... if you like it, that is :\

Old July 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Rick1234

Thanks :D Wow amazing job :D I will work on it now. If you want the tileset's I have just ask.
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
LightningAlex

Thank you, I'm glad you like it And I'm building my game in FR/LG style, so I don't really need the tilesets, but thanks anyway

Old July 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Rick1234

Quote:
Thank you, I'm glad you like it And I'm building my game in FR/LG style, so I don't really need the tilesets, but thanks anyway
All right :D I do like it. Now to add it in the game :D
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Rick1234

So my main drawer is getting to work on the characters ^0^ and I am looking to release it soon. Member only beta 0.2
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Nijiri
Manectric Fangirl.

Nature: Naive
I just want to say that the game looks good so far. If I had any complaints, it would be nothing since most people before me have already pointed them out.

Anyways, I hope you get more members to work on your game. Sorry if what I had to say was a bit useless / bland for you. orz

Over the Clouds.

DERPWORKSPKMN:CDTCB
Naive nature. Very finicky. Tends to steal Captain Obvious' job shifts, apologize, and use different translations of the word "thank you". Excuses, excuses, these bad traits show pretty well - but I don't bite with a grip of a crab.

Last edited by Nijiri; August 1st, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiri View Post
I just want to say that the game looks good so far. If I had any complaints, it would be nothing since most people before me have already pointed them out.

Anyways, I hope you get more members to work on your game. Sorry if what I had to say was a bit useless / bland for you. orz
No No I just did not feel like replying to stuff at that moment. XD It was useful. I liked it but nothing will be near any special areas (Maybe)
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Rick1234

I got a bunch done yesterday with the internet being out :D I have figured out my problem about B/W pokemon not following, I made and finished more maps :D and a bunch more.
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:53 AM
LightningAlex

I'd be interested to see those maps. Can you post some pictures of them?

Old August 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Rick1234

Quote:
I'd be interested to see those maps. Can you post some pictures of them?
Sure I will open my editor now and take some.
Edit: These are still in progress. I am going to work on them in a minute or two.
Spoiler:
Desrock City: Click image for larger version

Name:	[RMXP] Pokemon Enexta Version - Page 2 - The PokéCommunity Forums(1).png
Views:	8
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	65530 Click image for larger version

Name:	[RMXP] Pokemon Enexta Version - Page 2 - The PokéCommunity Forums(2).png
Views:	7
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	65531 Click image for larger version

Name:	[RMXP] Pokemon Enexta Version - Page 2 - The PokéCommunity Forums.png
Views:	5
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	65532

Last edited by Rick1234; August 5th, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here