The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #5276    
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Meloetta142's Avatar
Meloetta142
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Aw, really cute picture, by the way, and thank you for the introduction. :D Can't wait to get better settled in here!
  #5277    
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
also, I have a question for everyone.

Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?
I'm not sure actually. I think they are basically kind of alike, but still very different when they act inside the RP. It's details that can differ one character from another. Like a certain thing that happened in the history, or a certain family or a certain hobby. Even if the character's personality is basically quite alike some older character I've created, small things can make for completely different RPing experiences.

When one has created as many characters as I have (which I'm sure most here has xD) that's the only way I feel I can keep going without always reusing some older character completely. I reuse concepts, but change bits of them.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

  #5278    
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:32 AM
silverexorcist's Avatar
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Evergrande, Hoenn
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
@~Genevieve~ Generally, my characters range in personalities. I find it fun to use characters that would act completely different to the situation and have different motives and perspectives. Using the same traits and personalities over and over again tends to suck the fun out of me. But at the same time, I often recycle personalities that I enjoy playing with, especially with characters I may no longer use.
__________________
Fanfics:
An avid writer, willing to join any worthwhile creative writing effort. For the Gs: Google, Games, and Gallade!!!
Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it. -Red, Pokemon Adventures
  #5279    
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Arctos's Avatar
Arctos
Fire and Blood
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Aberystwyth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
@~Genevieve~ My characters usually follow different archetypes as the basis for their creation which i then take to the logical conclusion through character planning. I will recycle characters if i find them particularly interesting but giving the character a role really helps define that character in my head if that makes any sense. I also tend to concentrate on flaws if possible. Countless flaws make for a much more interesting character than those with many strengths in my opinion.
  #5280    
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:14 AM
jackblaze's Avatar
jackblaze
Greatness = Working Hard
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Anywhere you want me to be
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
also, I have a question for everyone.

Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?
Recently I've been basing most of my characters around my best friends so most of the time they really do vary because all my friends are just so different. Before that though if I made a character who was fun to rp with I would make my other characters just like that one. Usually i already have some characters written up and edit them to fit the rp I'm joining so the personalities change a bit.
  #5281    
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblaze View Post
Recently I've been basing most of my characters around my best friends so most of the time they really do vary because all my friends are just so different. Before that though if I made a character who was fun to rp with I would make my other characters just like that one. Usually i already have some characters written up and edit them to fit the rp I'm joining so the personalities change a bit.
Haha, do they know you are basing roleplay characters on them?

I have been basing many characters lately (urrm, like this spring-lately) on people from movies or other stories I've heard/seen/read. Inspiration is totally ok, right? :) As long as we don't downright steal someone else's character.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

  #5282    
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I base some of my characters off my friends. One is based off a few superheroes mixed together (the vigilante guy) But most come from my friends

In other news, I've decided that I do want to make that Eragon rp. If someone wants to GM with me, send me a message or something, and we can decide on how we want to set it up. (everyone has different ideas). If not, you probably won't see it until November or so. So come on guys! I'm not the only one who wants to make this, right?
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
  #5283    
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
I base some of my characters off my friends. One is based off a few superheroes mixed together (the vigilante guy) But most come from my friends

In other news, I've decided that I do want to make that Eragon rp. If someone wants to GM with me, send me a message or something, and we can decide on how we want to set it up. (everyone has different ideas). If not, you probably won't see it until November or so. So come on guys! I'm not the only one who wants to make this, right?
I would, but... I'm kinda in the middle of making my own RP, and it's going to take awhile as it is.
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
  #5284    
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
While my RP slowly comes into gear, I had a fun idea, though a bit complicated. A new RP that I definitely can't work on right now, seeing as my SF/DW has only recently begun.

Monster Hunter RP
Ever played on of the games? They came out on PlayStations and PSPs. I played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, have it as the only game for my PSP. I would have sold my PSP, if I hadn't enjoyed the game so much.

My point is, I think it would be a great Roleplay. The difficulty comes down to a few rather headache-inducing issues for a GM:
  • Character inventory, and whether the GM keeps track or trusts the player to.
  • Equipment creation and crafting materials, you could go off of the game's stats and items or create your own, but both ways seem terribly difficult.
  • Damage counters and the effort it takes to defeat a boss, whether using HP and math, or going "realistically" based on the types of hits and amount of injury.
  • Considering how long a hunter can last before passing out and being returned to the campsite.
  • Determining what herbs/bugs/fish/ores you find when you gather items.
  • Creating a system of quests for players to take, the biggest headache of all.

There's plenty more things to go over; Monster Hunter would probably become a famous and loved RP, but it'd take a master GM with the mind of a mad scientist and an expert memory.

I couldn't possibly do something to this catastrophic effect, so I'll leave the idea out for anyone else who thinks they're capable.

Any input/comments/feedback?

Anyone ever even played Monster Hunter?
__________________



*
  #5285    
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
While my RP slowly comes into gear, I had a fun idea, though a bit complicated. A new RP that I definitely can't work on right now, seeing as my SF/DW has only recently begun.

Monster Hunter RP
Ever played on of the games? They came out on PlayStations and PSPs. I played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, have it as the only game for my PSP. I would have sold my PSP, if I hadn't enjoyed the game so much.

My point is, I think it would be a great Roleplay. The difficulty comes down to a few rather headache-inducing issues for a GM:
  • Character inventory, and whether the GM keeps track or trusts the player to.
  • Equipment creation and crafting materials, you could go off of the game's stats and items or create your own, but both ways seem terribly difficult.
  • Damage counters and the effort it takes to defeat a boss, whether using HP and math, or going "realistically" based on the types of hits and amount of injury.
  • Considering how long a hunter can last before passing out and being returned to the campsite.
  • Determining what herbs/bugs/fish/ores you find when you gather items.
  • Creating a system of quests for players to take, the biggest headache of all.

There's plenty more things to go over; Monster Hunter would probably become a famous and loved RP, but it'd take a master GM with the mind of a mad scientist and an expert memory.

I couldn't possibly do something to this catastrophic effect, so I'll leave the idea out for anyone else who thinks they're capable.

Any input/comments/feedback?

Anyone ever even played Monster Hunter?
I've never played the games, but I think you might be throwing too many logistics into it, which is going to make it rather impossible to keep track of.

The only points you listed which are worth implementing, in my mind, are:
  • Inventory (relatively simple, as long as you limit the number of items and not go OTT).
  • Quests (Obviously needed to keep them all busy! Since you've played one of the games you could always rehash quests from that, since I assume the main purpose would be the standard 'go here/protect him/slay this' kind of quests).
Passing out could instead be controlled by a structured day/night system. If plays have to pass out and go back to a campsite it could severely halt the progress of the whole group.

Equipment isn't necessary in RPs, except for aesthetic and description. There is no use having literal stats, although special received items could easily have descriptions such as 'increases your characters speed', which can then be written in by the player.

Damage/Boss Battles is again nothing too special to RP. Consider we manage this all the time in Pokémon RPs. Simply set some kind of standard, let players leave their posts on what they think is a 'finishing' move, then tell them (in OOC or IC) if the attack was successful/general outcome.

Errr I think that's all I can give in terms of ideas, unless I quickly read up on the mechanics of Monster Hunter - but yeah, I think you should try and separate the idea from the rigid mechanics of a game.
__________________

ALPHA SAPPHIRE ~ 1:37 // Petalburg City
  #5286    
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post


I've never played the games, but I think you might be throwing too many logistics into it, which is going to make it rather impossible to keep track of.

The only points you listed which are worth implementing, in my mind, are:
  • Inventory (relatively simple, as long as you limit the number of items and not go OTT).
  • Quests (Obviously needed to keep them all busy! Since you've played one of the games you could always rehash quests from that, since I assume the main purpose would be the standard 'go here/protect him/slay this' kind of quests).
Passing out could instead be controlled by a structured day/night system. If plays have to pass out and go back to a campsite it could severely halt the progress of the whole group.

Equipment isn't necessary in RPs, except for aesthetic and description. There is no use having literal stats, although special received items could easily have descriptions such as 'increases your characters speed', which can then be written in by the player.

Damage/Boss Battles is again nothing too special to RP. Consider we manage this all the time in Pokémon RPs. Simply set some kind of standard, let players leave their posts on what they think is a 'finishing' move, then tell them (in OOC or IC) if the attack was successful/general outcome.

Errr I think that's all I can give in terms of ideas, unless I quickly read up on the mechanics of Monster Hunter - but yeah, I think you should try and separate the idea from the rigid mechanics of a game.
You have to play Monster Hunter to really understand the whole concept.

Inventory could be monitored by individual players, but there is also "If I dig in this bush, what will I find?" more than one type of item can be picked up in gathering spots. And quite frankly, literally half of the game is item gathering/combining/using, making potions and cooking meat, making traps to subdue large monsters, making pickaxes or fishing bait, using bugnets, the list goes on and on. There is a money aspect to the game, but it's far, far more wise to go by item combining, and gathering. Other items, like monster carves and boss monster carves, go into the creation of specific weapons and gear.

The Items and Equipment make up most of the entire game, and it's one of the most fun things about it. With armor there's good ol' defense, but then you can also have resistance (or weakness) to water, electricity, fire, dragon, etc. based on your armor, which is also based off of what you made it out of. Both armor and weapons can have special traits. With weapons, there's different levels of sharpness, durability, strength, and other special traits like auto-guard. Weapon types (DualSwords, Sword'n'Shield, Longsword, Greatsword, Lance, Gunlance, Hammer, HuntingHorn, Bow, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun) determine other abilities, special moves, etc. Bows and Bowguns have different ammunition types with different levels of strength, have reload speeds and recoils, different clip sizes, some only use certain types of ammo... My point is, taking out that aspect of the game is pretty much taking out the game.

You could go off of roleplaying realism, but do realize that, game-wise, these bosses can last from anywhere between 10 minutes and 50 minutes of game-time. You have to come prepared, with the right types of weapons, the right items, and the right armor, or you'll fail. It's not easy.

What I mean by passing out is basically "Dying". With an average quest, you get three "lives". If you run out of Health, your character becomes unconscious and a ragtag group of Felynes takes you back to your campsite on a stretcher. If you pass out, you lose a portion of the reward, but if you fail three times, you're forced to return home and fail the quest.

Someone who's played it probably would have to be the one to GM it.
__________________



*
  #5287    
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: australia
Age: 21
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
Any input/comments/feedback?

Anyone ever even played Monster Hunter?
Okay, as cool as a game MH is, it is honestly not something that could be roleplayable. Like how I explained to you about Minecraft, Monster Hunter has no storyline. Now, don't you go poking fingers at me and telling me I'm wrong because I've got the game and played it. The only storyline is "OLD HUNTER RETIRED. NEW HUNTER ENTER!" which would only be the basis of your backstory, not your actual plot.

The only way it would really work would be like a Journey roleplay, where you have the front page dedicated to the players inventory, as each person enters a different region, be it Forest, Desert, Swamp etc, you would need to outline which monsters would be available to kill, their difficulty and the rate of which they would get items (you'd have to start incorporating chance).

So, essentially, you'd be playing like your table top old D&D roleplays. Because otherwise, it just wouldn't work fairly. Unless you take into account post quality depending on item quality.

But you still have your issue of plot. You'd need to create one and I just won't accept "TO BE BETTAR DAN ALL DE REST!!!"
__________________
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission info <<
Paired with revlis <<
avatar by me <<
  #5288    
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Okay, as cool as a game MH is, it is honestly not something that could be roleplayable. Like how I explained to you about Minecraft, Monster Hunter has no storyline. Now, don't you go poking fingers at me and telling me I'm wrong because I've got the game and played it. The only storyline is "OLD HUNTER RETIRED. NEW HUNTER ENTER!" which would only be the basis of your backstory, not your actual plot.

The only way it would really work would be like a Journey roleplay, where you have the front page dedicated to the players inventory, as each person enters a different region, be it Forest, Desert, Swamp etc, you would need to outline which monsters would be available to kill, their difficulty and the rate of which they would get items (you'd have to start incorporating chance).

So, essentially, you'd be playing like your table top old D&D roleplays. Because otherwise, it just wouldn't work fairly. Unless you take into account post quality depending on item quality.

But you still have your issue of plot. You'd need to create one and I just won't accept "TO BE BETTAR DAN ALL DE REST!!!"
That made me laugh.

I know it's possible, I'm just not going to even attempt it. Much too difficult to GM for me.
__________________



*
  #5289    
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
1ninjadude1701's Avatar
1ninjadude1701
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Hey guys for all of you who are wondering why i havn't been so active its cause i cant seem to think to much about RPing when i have so much other stuff to do. I may come back in a couple months but not now. I will check up every once in a while but will not be posting for a couple months or a couple weeks either way it really depends mostly on how well i can think. I just cant think of ways to RP well now and i'm trying to think of a decent story on top of that. Sorry for not being online to tell everyone. Sorry.
__________________
Spartan ID




My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
  #5290    
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
That made me laugh.

I know it's possible, I'm just not going to even attempt it. Much too difficult to GM for me.
Of course it's possible ;) anything is possible to turn into a RP, albeit very difficult. But yeah, maybe come up with an original plot to sort of incorporate the MH mechanics to? Or some of them, all mechanics in video games can't be turned into text forum RP form. Not without lots of trouble and unnecessity. (that's not a word, is it lol but you get what I mean perhaps)

For Checkmate, the players will be entering a game inside the RP, so strangely game-like mechanics can work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ninjadude1701 View Post
Hey guys for all of you who are wondering why i havn't been so active its cause i cant seem to think to much about RPing when i have so much other stuff to do. I may come back in a couple months but not now. I will check up every once in a while but will not be posting for a couple months or a couple weeks either way it really depends mostly on how well i can think. I just cant think of ways to RP well now and i'm trying to think of a decent story on top of that. Sorry for not being online to tell everyone. Sorry.
I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry about it, take your time and live your life. Hope you come back!
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

  #5291    
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mr. Mammoth's Avatar
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever there is ice
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Heyheyhey! I'm back after a (short?) while of being gone and stuff! So let me dive right in by pointing out a small, minor thing in the MH discussion. In Monster Hunter Tri, which is the only one I've played, there is actually a plot about a giant monster terrorizing everything that lives remotely close to the sea and you have to slay it. But before that you need to gain experience as a hunter and all that good stuff. So, just to clarify (or something): Monster Hunter does have a plot. At least Tri has one, I've never played Freedom Unite so I wouldn't know about that one.

That aside, has anyone ever attempted to do an Fullmetal Alchemist-RP here? And would anybody be interested in it?
__________________
  #5292    
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
ShinyDiamond's Avatar
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aincrad
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mammoth View Post
Heyheyhey! I'm back after a (short?) while of being gone and stuff! So let me dive right in by pointing out a small, minor thing in the MH discussion. In Monster Hunter Tri, which is the only one I've played, there is actually a plot about a giant monster terrorizing everything that lives remotely close to the sea and you have to slay it. But before that you need to gain experience as a hunter and all that good stuff. So, just to clarify (or something): Monster Hunter does have a plot. At least Tri has one, I've never played Freedom Unite so I wouldn't know about that one.

That aside, has anyone ever attempted to do an Fullmetal Alchemist-RP here? And would anybody be interested in it?
I've never attempted that actually. I have seen it a bit, but I don't know much of it. I know enough, though I don't have time to make any RPs, just join 'em. If anybody made a Fullmetal Alchemist-RP, I would totally join!
__________________

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.


Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
  #5293    
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Axeliira's Avatar
Axeliira
the wants what it wants
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Cali
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
I'm kinda, sorta feeling the same way as that ninja dude. Lately I've been away from the RP scene due to personal reasons, which is why I haven't been around (or even like...enthusiastic) as much as before. I have plans to drop my RP count to 2-3 so that way I can just go do one post every 2 days. Really saddening tbh. :(

But the RP ideas are like...coming to me like hot bread. :| I have an idea for an Evil Group Training School RP (where trainers can actually play an evil character-to-be like Team Rocket or Team Plasma). But I'm still not certain as of now.

oh, and onto what I actually came for lolol:

Pokemon Hunger Games is in need of four players! We have Seviper, Floatzel, Gothitelle and Dragonair left. :) You don't have to be a fan to join this! :)
__________________
Ace Trainer♀ Alexa wants to battle!
Gloom (Lv. 35) - Chlorophyll - (Mega Drain, Sleep Powder)
Azumarill (Lv. 35) - Huge Power - (Aqua Tail, Double-Edge)
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014

Last edited by Axeliira; July 19th, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
  #5294    
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mammoth View Post
Heyheyhey! I'm back after a (short?) while of being gone and stuff! So let me dive right in by pointing out a small, minor thing in the MH discussion. In Monster Hunter Tri, which is the only one I've played, there is actually a plot about a giant monster terrorizing everything that lives remotely close to the sea and you have to slay it. But before that you need to gain experience as a hunter and all that good stuff. So, just to clarify (or something): Monster Hunter does have a plot. At least Tri has one, I've never played Freedom Unite so I wouldn't know about that one.

That aside, has anyone ever attempted to do an Fullmetal Alchemist-RP here? And would anybody be interested in it?
There ya go, valid plot.

I can't say the same for MH: Freedom Unite though. You're basically just attacked by a Tigrex and knocked all the way off of Snowy Mountains, and you're healed and given a place to stay in the town. Your reason for questing is that you need to "rebuild your strength" or some nonsense, twined together with the whole "Old Hunter left, you showed up. New Hunter, no complaints. Hokai!?"

I'm sure there's been dozens of FMA RPs, it's fairly popular and would make a good Roleplay. Did you have something in mind?
__________________



*
  #5295    
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mr. Mammoth's Avatar
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever there is ice
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
I'm sure there's been dozens of FMA RPs, it's fairly popular and would make a good Roleplay. Did you have something in mind?
Well actually... I was just sitting around and playing with the idea of what mangas/animes would make good RPs. I thought about several (one being D.Gray-Man) until FMA crossed my mind. So I quickly came up with some sort of beta-plot and started to wonder how to execute it. Thus I thought that asking here might be a good idea. I thought that it could be sort of a Journey-RP. The only thing I need to figure out as of now is a good battle-system.
__________________
  #5296    
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mammoth View Post
Well actually... I was just sitting around and playing with the idea of what mangas/animes would make good RPs. I thought about several (one being D.Gray-Man) until FMA crossed my mind. So I quickly came up with some sort of beta-plot and started to wonder how to execute it. Thus I thought that asking here might be a good idea. I thought that it could be sort of a Journey-RP. The only thing I need to figure out as of now is a good battle-system.
Rate it T and let them hack and slash their way to victory with their own RP + writing skills without splatting blood and guts all over the place ;)

But I somehow guess that you're referring more to how to implement alchemy and stuff?
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

  #5297    
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 徳清アキオ View Post
There ya go, valid plot.

I can't say the same for MH: Freedom Unite though. You're basically just attacked by a Tigrex and knocked all the way off of Snowy Mountains, and you're healed and given a place to stay in the town. Your reason for questing is that you need to "rebuild your strength" or some nonsense, twined together with the whole "Old Hunter left, you showed up. New Hunter, no complaints. Hokai!?"

I'm sure there's been dozens of FMA RPs, it's fairly popular and would make a good Roleplay. Did you have something in mind?
Though still, I am interested in how combat would work, the way you described it it tries to introduce the features and mechanics of MH in a sort of Table Top RPG fashion, but it seems like the game would require a lot of moderation in the combat aspects.
__________________
  #5298    
Old July 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Juarez City, Mexico
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Pesky News Reporter Here! :D

I can't give any oppinion on MH, I've never had a chance to play it before... but a Role-Play about it..., well, it has monsters, so it'd be awesome for sure!

Anyways, here's a question!
*clears throat*

What was your first RP experience?

I can't actually answer since the RP I putted in the Corner hasn't got any SUs, even when it's been there for 8 days..., or were they nine? Guess I lost the count..., and the RP I signed up for hasn't started, so yeah..., anyways, I'd love to hear what your first RP was about!
__________________
Hoenn


FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
  #5299    
Old July 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
What was your first RP experience?

I can't actually answer since the RP I putted in the Corner hasn't got any SUs, even when it's been there for 8 days..., or were they nine? Guess I lost the count..., and the RP I signed up for hasn't started, so yeah..., anyways, I'd love to hear what your first RP was about!
So you mean that you submitted a roleplay of your own without ever having roleplayed before? I wish you luck with that, most people usually join a couple of RPs first to learn how things are done.

My first RP... I'm not sure, actually. I think it was "A new professor in town", a pokemon journey RP from the member slls81. Most people who have been here for a while remember that RP. It went on for a long time, years even. But I was only with it for a few posts in Hoenn XD Wasn't very dedicated or good back then.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

  #5300    
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
What was your first RP experience?

Hmm... Well, the first RP I ever joined on PC was a few years ago when I had absolutely no skill XD It was Pokemon -Genesis- by Kid Ghandi.
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.