The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
But dude, you have to have permission from Angel to do the decapitalization.
Decapitalization is perfectly normal since Game Freak did that from Gen 4 onwards as well.

Trust me. You won't see any changes from the original version other than decapitalized text, which are location and people names.
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Decapitalization is perfectly normal since Game Freak did that from Gen 4 onwards as well.

Trust me. You won't see any changes from the original version other than decapitalized text, which are location and people names.
Again, you need Angels permission.

Poketch

Old July 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Doesn't lowercase take less space in the text box than uppercase to start with?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
TheGrassLover

Nature: Bold
This game looks very promising. Hey and I also like those johto starters instead almost every other hack having Kanto starters. P.S its a good thing I know Spanish;-)
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Doesn't lowercase take less space in the text box than uppercase to start with?

Cyclone
True, thus further proving my point of having the need of decapitalization.
Also, decapitalizing words can increase my speed of typing, saving a lot of more time than having to press capslock all the time.
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
FlygonMan

I would really like to play the english version. The Graphics are amazing! Like Light Platinum Amazing. But i really would like to see the english version of this game. I hope u guys can figure out the caps problem soon (BTW if sarcastic prince is beeing so kind as to translate then let them translate whatever the hell they want to just cange it in the next beta, and finish the english version soon)
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
BLACKOUT

Nature: Bold
Just if anyone was wondering...

Spoiler:
the beta ends after the 3rd badge. i played through the whole beta ( i understand most of the spanish). there is a fire badge, a water badge, and a fighting badge.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlygonMan View Post
I would really like to play the english version. The Graphics are amazing! Like Light Platinum Amazing. But i really would like to see the english version of this game. I hope u guys can figure out the caps problem soon (BTW if sarcastic prince is beeing so kind as to translate then let them translate whatever the hell they want to just cange it in the next beta, and finish the english version soon)
Well, if I do anything more than decapitalization, it will surely disappoint everyone. However, if I do not do anything more than decapitalization, then it's fine.
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
FlygonMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Well, if I do anything more than decapitalization, it will surely disappoint everyone. However, if I do not do anything more than decapitalization, then it's fine.
LOL
PS.Sorry for my stupidity but does decapitalization include translating, if thats the case then i understand but otherwise i dont get it, why would people not want you to translate since we area all so desprate for an english version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK0UT View Post
Just if anyone was wondering...

Spoiler:
the beta ends after the 3rd badge. i played through the whole beta ( i understand most of the spanish). there is a fire badge, a water badge, and a fighting badge.
AWWW That sucks i hope thay make a new beta soon
with the ENGLISH

Last edited by FlygonMan; July 19th, 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
LOL
PS.Sorry for my stupidity but does decapitalization include translating, if thats the case then i understand but otherwise i dont get it, why would people not want you to translate since we area all so desprate for an english version.
That's because of what I've done in the past. I've added my personal ideas into someone else's hack as a translator, so it causes people to distrust me.

However, since my absence, I've thought about how I should apply to my policies by making very minimal changes (Decapitalization) as a translator.

Decapitalization can applied as part of the translation, especially if the translator wants to have his job done quickly.
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Decapitialization in a Pokemon hack doesn't bother me; I'm in it for the game. As long as I can read it then that's fine with me.

With that said, I haven't been in this part of the site in a while, and the progress here is absolutely grand.

So a 3 Badge Beta? A bit miffed, but oh well. Quality is most important. And with a hack a visually stunning such as this, I'm not complaining. I'll play the non-English build of this hack now to get me excited even more.
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
FlygonMan

Yeah i agree with chaossonic that decap dosnt bother me, actualy i think it makes it better cause it takes up less room for the text box and stuff and if it is faster for sarcastic prince then i dont think its a problem but i guess some people have different oppinions
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
TheChaosBlue

I just found out trying out the link to a download don't really go to a download link; just a list of the hacks there. Finding Golden Island there goes to its page, but I see no download link on there at all. Huh.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM
FlygonMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
I just found out trying out the link to a download don't really go to a download link; just a list of the hacks there. Finding Golden Island there goes to its page, but I see no download link on there at all. Huh.
You have to click the green box that says "espanoel b2" or something, its in the bigger box that has latias and latios playing called "islas doradas"
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:58 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
You have to click the green box that says "espanoel b2" or something, its in the bigger box that has latias and latios playing called "islas doradas"
Aha...so that's how you download the file...thanks.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
krisye

If you have text in semi english (bad english, or something that looks like that), I can translate it into english and dutch.

Game looks fine!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
soulblitz
Beta Tester

Nature: Calm
Has Anyone tried to fix the white screen problem?

Old July 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
FlygonMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblitz View Post
Has Anyone tried to fix the white screen problem?
Dont you just change you save type to flash 128k and if its already on it then restart or switch to 64k

Last edited by FlygonMan; July 26th, 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
pokevictor
Beginning Trainer

que trabajo tan chido estas aciendo primo sige le
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
FlygonMan

Sooo When will it be complete
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Wow, this again? I talked to Angel ages ago... I'll be translating the game when it's complete. I didn't see much of a point in starting beforehand, as I'd just be redoing the same work over and over again with each beta. He (she?) gave me permission before beta 1 was even out.

EDIT: You can even see my comment on the front page... it was followed by a VM conversation. o-o

Last edited by Snakebyte; August 2nd, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:14 AM
ChaosBringer41

Tried the links here to download the patch, both links on the first page lead to the Beta 2.1 link on Whack A Hack. I get the white screen issue with 2.1 as well. The first patch worked fine with the rom that I used. Downloaded the rom again (not mentioning the site name here) for 2.1 but as I said, just the white screen.

On top of that, I've lost my copy of the earlier patched rom! Most annoying...

Last edited by ChaosBringer41; August 7th, 2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
~Andrea

Wow i love this hack the graphic is cool
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Feroz
Water-Based Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Is it okay if I ask permission to add your data to another site

Including naruto!!

Please help my wiki!!!

www.yugiohfanfic.wikia.com
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
~Andrea, please don't post in a thread if it hasn't been posted in for over a month.

.Ángel~, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia. Until then, closed.

Sponsored Links