The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old July 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
I haven't been keeping up with the anime because I hate Iris and Dent and just can't stand it even though Unova is my favorite region.

Well I've been seeing pictures of Dawn in the BW series. Is she back for good (as in the rest of the BW series as far as we know) or is she just back for a few episodes.

If she's back for a long time, I'd be really happy. She's the only one of Ash's female companions that I love.

I just don't want to watch it just to see her leave again.

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
QuietDragon
Togepi

I'm sorry to hear you hate Iris and Dent (I love them, personally ^^;), but I don't know!

All the episodes of Best Wishes Season 2 so far have Hikari/Dawn in them; she's even in the opening! So maybe she'll be here for a while.

I don't know if she'll be here for the rest of the series, but it can't hurt to watch.

It's been fun watching Hikari interact with Satoshi again... and she gets along very amusingly with Iris. You've GOT to see the scene where Iris tries to teach Hikari to swing from a vine... xDDD

Old July 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Khrysta

I believe Dawn is just there for the Pokemon Junior World Tournament. After the tournament ends she may leave.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think almost all Ash's female companions show up later for a few episodes then leave. May was there for a contest in Sinnoh, and I think Misty showed up for a few episodes I think.

So yeah, I think it's temporary.
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
Awww I wish she'd replace Iris (no offense to Iris fans), Dawn is my favorite

I'll catch up watching eventually then, because it's worth it if Dawn's there

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Like Misty and May before her, Dawn will only be in the anime for a few episodes before leaving. But from what I've seen, she'll probably have a bit more screentime than the other two companions (in the Pokemon World Tournament in particular).

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly... ♥ ;)

I think it's safe to say Dawn is only going to be present for maybe no more than a couple of episodes, and then she's gone again. It's been like that with all of Ash's other female traveling companions.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNorrington View Post
Awww I wish she'd replace Iris (no offense to Iris fans), Dawn is my favorite
That would be awful!
Without Aoi Yuuki's voice, the anime wouldn't be the same
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
I agree with everyone else here, she's probably gonna appear for a few episodes then leave again like May and Misty did.

Although Dawn is my fave character in the anime, Iris' Japanese VA is cute (Aoi Yuki is only 20, making her the youngest Japanese VA on the cast).

I would have made Dawn join the traveling group for the rest of the Unova saga but, what can you do?

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Yeah... Dawn... I missed her since February of last year. (True cuz I saw her JP special and Memories are made of Bliss and Zoroark: Master of Illusions)

If only Volkner was visiting Unova.

Wait... It's about dawn?!?!? Well that's all I could say bout her, and this:

Daijoubu!
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I'm kind of tired of Dawn being in the B/W anime I'm not a fan of her in the first place. If she's here to stay I'm going to stop watching B/W all together to be honest.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old August 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNorrington View Post
I hate Iris and Dent and just can't stand it even though Unova is my favorite region.
I have to agree with you I absolutely hate Cilan, I generally hate all of the new traveling companions for the first few episodes but after about 10 to 15 episodes, I get used to them learn to like them as a character and move on but Cilian is just annoying, and please people don't say give him a chance I have watched ever episode of BW so far and still nothing.

Iris on the other hand is mediocre at best, she is by far my least favorite female traveling companion. I especially find it irritating that after developing two female characters with actual goals and personalities (May and Dawn) and one character with a personality but no real goals (Misty). They make a character that with no real goal and to top it all off she has no personality.

But back on topic, Dawn is awesome i hope she stays but i doubt she will.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

I really hate Iris.I don't care about the voice.
I really liked Dawn as the female companion.Not as much as Misty , but still.
I hope that Iris leaves Ash , and Dawn takes her place.
"Your such a kid." is so annoying for some reason I feel embarrassed to hear it out loud because it feels like i'm watching a show made for babies that can't even understand it.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
hewhaws
Unhatched Egg

Do you know when the new Black and White season is going to come out?
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
MalcomX

Nature: Jolly
Am I still seeing Piplup with her? All that time and battles, and Dawn still hasn't evolved that darn thing???

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcomX View Post
Am I still seeing Piplup with her? All that time and battles, and Dawn still hasn't evolved that darn thing???
Its holding an Everstone. It'll never evolve.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcomX View Post
Creators want us to "enjoy" that stupid thing to the fullest =)
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:26 PM
weedle_mchairybug
Gym Leader

Originally Posted by Polizard View Post
I have to agree with you I absolutely hate Cilan, I generally hate all of the new traveling companions for the first few episodes but after about 10 to 15 episodes, I get used to them learn to like them as a character and move on but Cilian is just annoying, and please people don't say give him a chance I have watched ever episode of BW so far and still nothing.

Iris on the other hand is mediocre at best, she is by far my least favorite female traveling companion. I especially find it irritating that after developing two female characters with actual goals and personalities (May and Dawn) and one character with a personality but no real goals (Misty). They make a character that with no real goal and to top it all off she has no personality.

But back on topic, Dawn is awesome i hope she stays but i doubt she will.
Misty DOES actually have a goal. Her goal was to become the world's greatest Water Pokemon Master. And BTW, if that's not an actual goal, then Ash doesn't actually have a goal either, since he wants to become the world's greatest Pokemon Master, which is similar enough.
Old September 13th, 2012, 05:26 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Misty had a goal but it was never something focused on in the anime. Dawn was more than just attitude personified she actually was part of the story and her goals were a real part of the anime and something that was seriously focused on, there was very clear improvement in her abilities for example.

Whilst I would like to see her introduced back into the anime permanently (she would have been an interesting contrast to Iris) there is nothing for her in Unova since pokemon fashion and contests aren't that big there. So unfortunately I'd say she will be leaving soon after this tournament thing finishes (I however will have something to look forward to cause I'm a long way off of there atm).
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Trixy
Beginning Trainer

I'm agreeing with the Iris haters. Iris is bland and generic, the only real personality trait she has is ADD if that even counts.
It pains me to watch the anime with Iris and Cilan. If Dawn's coming back, I hope it's for good, but it probably won't be.
Dawn is my favorite character in the anime, the only thing I don't like about her is her Piplup, he's kind of irritating.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM
weedle_mchairybug
Gym Leader

Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Misty had a goal but it was never something focused on in the anime. Dawn was more than just attitude personified she actually was part of the story and her goals were a real part of the anime and something that was seriously focused on, there was very clear improvement in her abilities for example.

Whilst I would like to see her introduced back into the anime permanently (she would have been an interesting contrast to Iris) there is nothing for her in Unova since pokemon fashion and contests aren't that big there. So unfortunately I'd say she will be leaving soon after this tournament thing finishes (I however will have something to look forward to cause I'm a long way off of there atm).
Ash's goal wasn't truly focused on, either, and this is in spite of his main character status. Heck, we still don't even know what a Pokemon Master is, and any time they come close to giving us one definition, they contradict themselves later on. It's not truly focused on if they don't even bother defining it. Probably the closest they've ever gotten to actually DEFINING/focusing (they're basically two sides of the same coin) on a goal was with the Contests and Brock's breeder goal, and even the latter was only because of the breeding concept in the games which some claim is not actually the same as in the Anime. If we're going to focus on defining goals, then May and Dawn were the stars of the show and not Ash, and Ash was never the main character in the first place, just from that alone.

Anyways, the one person I'd want to return is Misty, and given what Black and White 2 has with the gym tournament arc, something that's strongly implied to be the focal point of the recent showing, and with Misty's appearance in that arc in the games, there is absolutely NO excuse for not having Misty appear. Since the Anime supposedly wants to advertize the games now, and Misty is in Black and White 2 for a gym tournament, that would be a perfect opportunity for the writers, a literal win-win situation for them: 1. It would acknowledge that she does exist to the fanbase, and also make the Misty fans happy, and 2. it would also work under an advertizing premise, since they'd be at the same time focusing on something that actually HAPPENED in the games per their current quota. It's not a coincidence that ratings actually boosted due to Misty reappearing in AG.

Last edited by weedle_mchairybug; September 13th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Khrysta

Misty doesn't reappear though. The Junior Tournament is over and Ash is now making his way to the Unova League, though now they are moving into the Meloetta and Team Rocket Arc.

Spoiler:
Dawn leaves at the end of the Tournament. It was just a small Cameo, just like Misty's Cameo in Hoenn, and May's Cameo in Sinnoh.

The anime has always advertised the games. It never stopped advertising them. That's the point of them always putting new Pokemon into it or forcing Character Cameos from the games just to showcase them.
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
weedle_mchairybug
Gym Leader

Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Misty doesn't reappear though. The Junior Tournament is over and Ash is now making his way to the Unova League, though now they are moving into the Meloetta and Team Rocket Arc.

Spoiler:
Dawn leaves at the end of the Tournament. It was just a small Cameo, just like Misty's Cameo in Hoenn, and May's Cameo in Sinnoh.

The anime has always advertised the games. It never stopped advertising them. That's the point of them always putting new Pokemon into it or forcing Character Cameos from the games just to showcase them.
I don't recall the Island of the Giant Pokemon and several other locations in the Anime being in the games, and I certainly don't ever recall Mewtwo being owned by Giovanni or the St. Anne ever sinking in the games, so to call the first season an "advertisement" is disengenuous.

And as I said, they really don't have any excuse for not bringing Misty back, especially seeing how Misty actually APPEARS in the tournament in the games that arc focused on. Had I been them, I'd make absolute certain they bring Misty and Brock back temporarily just as Dawn had specifically for the gym tournament for reasons that are definitely closer to advertisement purposes, since they actually appeared in the games. If you wish to advertise the games, make sure they're as close to the games as possible, I say.
Old September 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
I don't recall the Island of the Giant Pokemon and several other locations in the Anime being in the games, and I certainly don't ever recall Mewtwo being owned by Giovanni or the St. Anne ever sinking in the games, so to call the first season an "advertisement" is disengenuous.

And as I said, they really don't have any excuse for not bringing Misty back, especially seeing how Misty actually APPEARS in the tournament in the games that arc focused on. Had I been them, I'd make absolute certain they bring Misty and Brock back temporarily just as Dawn had specifically for the gym tournament for reasons that are definitely closer to advertisement purposes, since they actually appeared in the games. If you wish to advertise the games, make sure they're as close to the games as possible, I say.
They don't have that Tournament in the show though.

And while those specific instances weren't part of the game the Anime was originally made to advertise the games. You cannot say that sneaking Marill into the Orange Islands before the Johto Games were released wasn't marketing. Or May getting a Munchlax. Or Lyra's appearance in Sinnoh. The Anime promotes the games here and there. That's what its supposed to do.

Story wise, the anime does not have to follow the games at all. Unova is no exception. If it were to follow the games, they wouldn't have gone to eastern Unova nor would Ash have battled Roxie for his final badge.

The Female Protags of the past usually make Cameos in the next season. Dawn just helped push this fact. Her part is done now though and that's it for the cameos as they are starting a different arc as well as pushing the story along to its finish.
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM
precita

Good lord, why would anyone bring up Misty? There was never anything indicating she would appear in BW2 and she didn't even appear over the entire span of DP.

The writers haven't given Misty a cameo in 7 years since 2005 (when she appeared after the Hoenn league), and she's very likely not going to appear in BW2 at all.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links