• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2023
Hey all, I just beat the gym leader and her sister in Fortree City (The girls with the Lugia and Ho-oh) and I can't find where to go next.
I just checked my badges and I am missing badges 4 and 6, is this a problem that I can't go back and fix?
Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure you're now supposed to go through the Madio Caves, it's between Fortree and Lilycove,

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
I Didnt like this game so much
its a cool idea but if it were in a revised version of hoen with better graphics like light platinum or florasky it would be much better.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
You know flygonman...cutlerine proved that a hack doesn't need to be graphical appealing in order to be enjoyed...and he really said that on the first post... Also why revising it since the last beta isn't out yet [ since cutlerine was abroad i think ( read it on my travel to the end of time thread i think)]

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Yeah, the game is great and all, but what about the other regions? What DID happen to all the strong trainers like Steven Stone, Wallace, Ash?
Ash would've come to help.

So how about you make the other hack you're making now, and then make another Snakewood game, like Pokemon Snakewood: The Kanto Krypt.

You could either play as Ash or Red or Gary or Blue or a whole new character all together. Wouldn't mind playing as one of the Gym Leaders...

Well, that's just my idea on what should be done with Snakewood aafter the original.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Whenever i go to VBA and
try to start playing the
game the only thing that
comes up is an all white
screen, with any other
game i try to play they work perfectly fine. why
wont this one?

monos89

Unskilled Veteran Trainer
Years
Whenever i go to VBA and
try to start playing the
game the only thing that
comes up is an all white
screen, with any other
game i try to play they work perfectly fine. why
wont this one?

Most of the time that's the save type, go to Options> Emulator> Save Type, and choose Flash, then click Flash 128k, should run alright. If that doesn't work, you need a different ROM, you need a clean copy of V1.0

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
my pokemon snakewood goes black when i try to challenge the first member of the elite four, can someone please help me? i've tried for two days to fix it, but i cant seem to do it :c

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Just finished this hack, i have to say. Its Awesome!, loved the idea of zombies taking over, the fakemon were brilliant.
Loved having my solrock evolve :), great storyline.

Amazing hack you've done such a great job!

Pinta77

Looks pretty cool. Your sewer turned out alot better then mine did. Are those custom tiles?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
never posted before but played this game and had to say how good it is especially after the elite 4 all the stuff about thinking your dreaming

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Long time fan of this hack. It is amazing. I do have one question for the other fans though, does anyone know how to make it work with a randomizer? specifically this one. https://code.google.com/p/pokemon-randomiser/downloads/detail?name=Pokemon%20Randomiser%201.1.jar&can=2&q=

I've already tried editing the header back to ruby's header, but even though it loads it won't save a randomized copy.

Anyone who knows could you let me know in the future? thanks.

Cutlerine, if you do make another hack involving snakewood, i think it would be a lot more interesting, personally, to see a prequel of it. You could play as Landon or May while everything falls apart.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Looks pretty cool. Your sewer turned out alot better then mine did. Are those custom tiles?

Most likely not. According to Cutlerine himself, he did not use any custom tiles. By comparing both sewers, I think you need to practice mapping or make the sewers larger.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Second time in the sub marine, trying to fix the elevator, but... er do i need strength or am i looking over something here? coz i dont have it

TheCrazyGamer

A Very Contraditory Person
Years
Just a little problem, nothing about the story.

In the Island of Calm, is one of the items in the caves meant to be blocked by rocks?

Back