The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
SuperTreaz
The Elder of Dunsparce

Nature: Bold
Well, the monkey trio (they were awful), and Stunfisk.

Everyone says he is so "adorable"... I find him to be utterly disgusting and annoying. However, the Electric/Ground typing was a nice surprise to me, especially when he OHKO'd my Samurott.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something

Nature: Calm
Zebstrika probably. I mean it's good, I even used one to take down the elite four, but it's move pool was what got me. It can learn only 2 physical electric type moves. One isn't powerful and the other has recoil damage.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:19 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
Zebstrika probably. I mean it's good, I even used one to take down the elite four, but it's move pool was what got me. It can learn only 2 physical electric type moves. One isn't powerful and the other has recoil damage.
I kinda wish it had higher sPA then it wouldn't matter if it had a bad physical moveset. :( But nope, ty GF for being meeeaaan to those who want to use it!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:48 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTreaz View Post
However, the Electric/Ground typing was a nice surprise to me, especially when he OHKO'd my Samurott.
Yup, Electric is the trump card against Water types...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
I've always had issues training Zebstrika. Been a while since he came out of the PC. I think since I gave him Pokérus.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Olliee
Spreading the Pokerus. PM me

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Olliee
I was pretty let down by the lillipup line - they looked great from the get go, and they are.. they are very usable until about 3/4 into the game and I just found them completely useless and redundant on my team.

However I LOVEDDD Stunfisk. It was boss.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
i have a very long list

serpeirior line
bouffulant
vullaby line
scolipede
leavanny
zekrom
virizion
gigalith
swoobat
krookodile
kyurem
tepig and pignite((emboar rules)below sammurott though)
ferrothorn line
i have more but cannot think of them
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Zagan
King of Demons

Nature: Quirky
For offline play, the only pokemon I am having troubles with are the element monkys Swoobat was cool in game, but online >.< meh
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Braviary. I LOVED its design, but in combat it's no where near Staraptor in strength...sigh.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

Stunfisk. That is all. He is honestly just terrible in every possible way I can think of , besides being the most derpiest pokemon yet.

______________ __________________
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
I had high hopes for the Purrloin, but the movepool and overall bad stats proved too weak to ever do anything impressive with one.

Old July 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

the starters (especially serperior) and the monkey trios. just...sigh

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
docowocool
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
For me, Reshiram. By the time I got there, my team was too high level, I tried it out on run 2, but evenwhen it got 100lvl Cynthia's Garchomp made it sweep the floor. Al my pokemon were murdered my that massacerer Cynthia, Volcarona sweeped her though. I was also disppointed with Panpour and Simipour, mainly because they suck with my team.
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I've become disappointed with my Emboar. This was while forming my E4 team; its stats are way too low. I am omitting it from the E4 battles as the type isn't perfectly suited for any of them (though I could give it a Fighting TM move perhaps), and will likely take Volcarona into the Champion's room if I need Fire; I haven't studied his team yet and won't until I'm ready to challenge.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:10 AM
WolfricX
Water-Typer Master.

Nature: Jolly
The most disappointing was a lv65 Madibuzz.

I had been on GTSN and traded a really strong and fast level 41 Zebstrika for it, thinking its would be really good. It was possibly the weakest and most disappointing pokemon I have used through all three series I have played.

Nuf said......
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:56 AM
Micah_S
Beginning Trainer

Purrloin, I was looking forward to have it in my team before the games were released but I hate it
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
SuperSaiyanII
Cool Story Bro!!

Serperior was a big let down for me because of it's terrible move pool and mediocre offensive stats. I understand it's supposed to be a defensive minded Pokemon but it lacks the moves to back that up.
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:25 AM
MIAU
Purr~

Nature: Quiet
I hate to say it, but Swoobat. He's just the cutest thing, and I was crazy enough to take him to the E4, even though Marshal's team had some Rock moves, I though he was fast enough to hit first and dodge them. Sadly, he wasn't. Nonetheless, he's still one of my favorites, and nowadays he flies me around post-E4 Unova.

Also, Panpour. I needed a Water-type though, so he was still on the team, but I replaced him with Tympole as soon as I had the chance.
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:15 AM
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
Gigalith was probably the worst. While it is unarguably a very good looking Pokemon, it was just too slow to accomplish much during my playthrough. Having to constantly rely on Quick Claw hax got extremely tiring, so I replaced him with Beartic, which performed much better.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
UberUmbreon
Beginning Trainer

I honestly found timburr and the evolutions after to be a let down. It was a good poke to have in the beginning but it slowly got worse when you progressed through the game.
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Carracosta. Sturdy is a lifesaver, but other than that, it's slow and even after a Shell Smash boost it doesn't outspeed anything...

Funny that people had problems with Emboar. It's slow, but powerful, and Hammer Arm hits very hard.

Mandibuzz with Nasty Plot was fun to use and scored a few surprise kills in my playthrough. It's also very durable.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
ranimal101
Ran

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ranimal101
Cryogonal
Lacking defensively despite being a special wall. It resembles Blissey stats in some light.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Pära
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Serious
In the 'useless pokemon-o-meter', Gen 5 ranks up with Gen 3 for introducing the most useful Pokemon. Granted there a few awful ones like every generation, but we aren't swimming in them like Gen 4.

Cyrognal is a decent special wall, however it's defence cripples it against all physical attacks. Plus, the Ice typing gives all the weaknesses towards the most common physical attackers.

Liepard is just a poor man's Mightyena, a already rarely used Pokemon. It's about as frail as toilet paper.

The simi pokemon are awful too, and are outclassed by almost all of their rivals. Horrible designs as well.

The worst of all of them is Archeops. Defeatist basically makes a great looking attacker turn into a hit and run machine, plus it's awful defences basically makes it impossible to do anything to fast and powerful opponents (very common in-game).
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
In the 'useless pokemon-o-meter', Gen 5 ranks up with Gen 3 for introducing the most useful Pokemon. Granted there a few awful ones like every generation, but we aren't swimming in them like Gen 4.
They look useful because they're all you can use. In the metagame, however, you'll find most of them lurking in NU with the exception of obviously broken Pokémon like Excadrill.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
The worst of all of them is Archeops. Defeatist basically makes a great looking attacker turn into a hit and run machine, plus it's awful defences basically makes it impossible to do anything to fast and powerful opponents (very common in-game).
Unless you're playing at at least 10 level disadvantage, it's nearly impossible to not kill everything in your path with the combo of itemless Acrobatics and Rock Slide. Even if for some reason the opponent will live the onslaught and activate your Defeatist, it's not like you're in Wi-Fi battle, the Potions are here at your disposal.

The only thing fast and powerful enough to kill Archeops in-game before it tries to attack is Zebstrika IIRC. Seeing as the difference in Base Speed is a measly 6 points, it will be impossible for you to not outspeed the zebra and defeat it with, say, Dig. (unless you're at enourmous level disadvantage or rolled some terrible nature and IVs)

But, different strokes for different folks. I personally had a lot of troubles playing with Darumaka, which is supposed to be one of the best in-game Pokemon in BW (ended up boxing the thing lol), so in some way I can understand your view of Archeops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
They look useful because they're all you can use. In the metagame, however, you'll find most of them lurking in NU with the exception of obviously broken Pokémon like Excadrill.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.
So? If I've read his post correctly all he talked about was in-game, so his point is very much valid.
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Jiggly Jello
DJ Squiggles

I personally can't stand Liepard. I kept him around because he was a minority Pokemon for quite some time. I ditched it when Simisage learned Bite. It has been good enough for me thus far. I've had a much easier time having Simisage around and besides, I've always been partial to the monkeys...possibly because of the flying purple ones living in my head!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links