The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
TheGrassLover

Nature: Bold
[SIZE="a"]OK I want to know your opinion of which Pokemon gave you the most trouble or were the most annoying pokemon in all of the generation 3 games?[/SIZE]

" Never Limit yourself, there's a whole universe whose limits we still can't comprehend. "

Last edited by TheGrassLover; July 12th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Tate & Liz's Lunatone and Solrock. They can be hard to beat if you don't have the right team.
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Wingulls appear everywhere, using supersonic all the time, which never misses. Plus whenever I use Wingull, it's useless.
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Even though it's/they're hindered by Truant, I found Norman's Slaking very hard to beat because it/they hit(s) hard and fast.

Since I went with Mudkip as my starter the first time I played Sapphire, I had problems with Grass Pokemon (particularly the Lotad line and Roselia) because I was very stubborn on only training Mudkip back then, and those Pokemon gave me a hard time in battle.

Old July 12th, 2012, 05:54 AM
SacredMurathJohn
ROM Hacking

Nature: Hasty
Solrock and Lunatone, the trollest POKéMON ever.
They're incredibly powerful...
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I found all those pokemon such as Mightyena and such who won't let you run from a battle at first, and will only let you after they have confused you or used growl or some other insignificant move.

It just irritated me.
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I remember a Cool Trainer with Milotic kicked my ass after Fortree City. I found all the gym leaders and elite 4 hard, which is something I don't really find anymore. Maybe it was my age. I still have trouble with Tate and Liza sometimes actually.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Norman's Spinda was the most obnoxious through my hoenn region playthroughs. I don't mind hard to fight pokemon, but teeter dance was such a pain. I have absolutely no luck by nature, so usually my pokemon decided to hit itself from confusion and it lasted for the maximum length of five turns. Unlike super sonic, which misses nearly as much as it hits, teeter dance never misses, like freaking confuse ray, and I can only cry every time I get hit by it T.T

Despite this, I'm rather fond of Spinda.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Anakin Linux
The village idiot
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
Wingulls appear everywhere, using supersonic all the time, which never misses. Plus whenever I use Wingull, it's useless.
This is the story of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I remember a Cool Trainer with Milotic kicked my ass after Fortree City. I found all the gym leaders and elite 4 hard, which is something I don't really find anymore. Maybe it was my age. I still have trouble with Tate and Liza sometimes actually.
Tate and Liza only gave me an issue in emerald when they had four pokemon the ruby i murdered them with shiftry and sceptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
Norman's Spinda was the most obnoxious through my hoenn region playthroughs. I don't mind hard to fight pokemon, but teeter dance was such a pain. I have absolutely no luck by nature, so usually my pokemon decided to hit itself from confusion and it lasted for the maximum length of five turns. Unlike super sonic, which misses nearly as much as it hits, teeter dance never misses, like freaking confuse ray, and I can only cry every time I get hit by it T.T

Despite this, I'm rather fond of Spinda.
Spinda caused me to throw my gameboy across the room multiple times.

Deviantart|Pair|Theme
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
Norman's Slaking gave me the hardest time I ever experienced on a Pokemon game so far. I wasn't that good at battling the first time I was up against him, so he pounded me countless times. XD

Also Flannery's Camerupt caused some trouble too Magnitude + Overheat is fairly powerful XD
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I remember Tate/Liza's Claydol put me through my paces - always Earthquaking my pokémon to smithereens lol
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Flannery's Torkoal was sooo annoying. I'd always just happen to be the opposite sex for Attract to hit, not to mention like 100% paralysis from Body Slam. And with amazing defense, a couple Double Kicks did absolutely nothing.
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Not being able to run from the Trapinch because of Arena Trap was very annoying imo.
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Ooh, Norman's Slaking was QUITE the opponent. I don't remember any of the other Gym Leaders' Pokemon but I still have bad memories of that Slaking. Having said that, Feebas was so much more annoying to find, that it would have to get my vote in this poll. Slaking was just fiendishly tough but not a troll, per se; Feebas is definitely the Master Troll of Hoenn!
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:52 AM
Malaa

Nature: Calm
Gym 7.. Lunatone and Solrock. When you think you have won they just keep spamming the hyper potions..
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:30 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

In Ruby, when I tried for the contests, my Gardevoir, maxed out Beauty FYI, lost to a Wobbuffet. I hate them Surskits too, never knew why, but the mere sight of them wants me to Thunder them to Oblivion.

~Always.
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Pokemon I hated in Hoenn:

Norman's Slaking - Hits like a tank... literally does.

Pelipper - Those birds and their Protect strategy... they try to eat my PP!

Trapinch - Darn Arena Trap!

Liza's Lunatone/Tate's Solrock - The two you never want to see together... they annoy you with the Calm Mind strategy.

Spinda - I hate how most of their moves rely on confusion.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old July 21st, 2012, 04:37 AM
ppo
(◕‿◕✿)

Tate and Liz always
Especially when my starter was always Torchic and they just OHKO me with their psychic or whatever...

But one time I got lucky and won with a Wingull LOL
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

If I have to go with the Pokémon that is the biggest troll, I'll have to agree with Wingull. They appeared everytime I was out searching and while I was grinding for levels near Mauville, Supersonicing me to death all the time unless I tried to escape :(

The Pokémon I hated the most though was Norman's Slaking. If it hadn't been for my Aron, I would never have beaten Slaking, just due to its speed and how hard it hit.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Wingull, zubat, any pokemon with a status move. I always got poisoned by poison sting, but when I use it, no poison. Effect spore? Lol always works. Supersonic? That attack only hits if I'm not the one using it. Hypnosis? Ditto. Dragonbreath/bodyslam/electric attacks/static? Enjoy paralysis, its gonna happen. The one status that never happened too much was burn. Even cute charm always seems to hit me.

So any pokemon with status attacks, or abilities like poison point can be added too.

You play too much
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Polizard'12
Pokemon Trader

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Polizard'12
Pelliper and it's protect move! It just delays the inevitable!
I found the second Rival battle difficult, May's Grovyle made me black out heaps, I didn't have a flying type at that point.

Black: 1464-1648-3107 (Connor)
SoulSilver: 0562-3433-1970 (Gold)
Pearl: 3482-9492-0865 (Adam)

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:24 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
normans spinda wrecked my lv 100 machamp whith teeter dance(karate chop missed)
i kept taking damage from confusion

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Norman's Slaking. It's highly defensive and that it's super strong my Combusken and Azumarill had problems with him with Facade. Also Tate and Liza's Pokemon.
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Zoachu
Pikachu?

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoachu
Wingull. Oh my GODDDD. I never run from battles to get some grinding in to level up (my Pokemon usually end up at level 70 by the time I'm at the 6th gym LOL) so they always just put me to sleep and confused me and I will admit I got my ass handed to me by a lot of Wingulls. I mean, I always choose the fire type and only catch pokemon if they're rare, or really strong. So I decided to catch a Wingull for the friggin type advantage but it was completely USELESS. Like... stupid useless. All it's attacks missed and shizz. I got mad and released it.
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Leviathan-666
Beginning Trainer

There's a few I can name... Norman's Slacking, All of the Team Magma grunts and their never-ending rosters of only poochyena and numel, Tate and Liza's entire team, all the zigzaggoons and poochyenas that you find every 3 steps on every single patch of grass in the entire game, Wobbufet and that flippin' shadow tag, Maxie's Camerupt, Wattson's Manectric... That's all I can really think of right now.

Sponsored Links