• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, we're not rolling in the completely same way that Homestuck rolled.

Let's decide here and now. Should group conversations in pesterChum be available (yet) ? It might slow down RPing considerably if you have to wait for several people to respond for just one conversation to get going.

So for the sake of smoother RPing, I'd actually suggest we stick with 1-on-1 conversations. They could even be made as joint posts, I mean. Even though it would probably be nice for all of them to be able to chat together.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I was confused on the whole chat thing. x: I think it might be my fault that we had a group chat put out there. I'm fine with whatever! Group chat or no group chat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in the first post it said that the group chat was a possibility so I didn't think there was anything wrong with starting one. I personally like Group Chat as long as it doesn't hold us up.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
The first message was in a memo, but the one I just posted was directed towards Candice specifically. I edited it, realizing I made it into a group thing unintentionally

And I think memos should only be available when somebody is trying to contact anyone. Like if we were in trouble, we would hop on pesterchum and try to get ahold of anyone who could answer. Then whoever answered can do it in a 1 on 1 convo. Kinda how we did when I posted that first memo inviting people to play the game with me. Everyone responded in private messaging.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Well, we're not rolling in the completely same way that Homestuck rolled.

Let's decide here and now. Should group conversations in pesterChum be available (yet) ? It might slow down RPing considerably if you have to wait for several people to respond for just one conversation to get going.

So for the sake of smoother RPing, I'd actually suggest we stick with 1-on-1 conversations. They could even be made as joint posts, I mean. Even though it would probably be nice for all of them to be able to chat together.

What do you guys think?

I agree with you.

I don't mind group conversations, but I find one on one convos quicker and easier to do~

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I thought of a new question!

Why did you pick your theme song?

I picked mine because its my favorite song, and it actually kinda fits Vinnie (although you may not see that side until later)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Retro: Do you think I could get a basic layout of your room's appearance and dimensions before I say it's just overflowing with bamboo and vines??
:P

Also, I'm about to send you a PM with some pesterchum stuff, so yeah, I'll post after we get that done :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Spoiler:

The wall the beds on there's also a window with blind and curtains. The curtains have a flora pattern on them much to Vieve's dismay.

The laptop is on a bamboo desk as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm seriously confusing myself and complicating things too much here. I've given it some more thought. *clears throat*

Group chats are possible, by OPENING A MEMO. Anyone on your chumroll can respond.

The server player would see an overview of the client's house, similar to how it looks in The Sims, and can move around the view, turn it around and zoom in and out however they like. The interface buttons are at the top of the screen.

Spoiler:

REVISE is when you build onto the house, like walls and stairs and whatnot. You can pretend that the interface for building walls and stuff is similar to The Sims or HOWEVER YOU WANT. Let's not go into details. You can build onto the house and you can delete stuff.

GRIST is the resource that you use when you revise AND deploy things AND use the ALCHEMITER (which is something you'll have to learn on your own or ask VC about).

When you revise, you DO NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT GRIST. It's too complicated. If I think that you're building too much, I WILL SIMPLY TELL YOU SO THEN. Ok?

You can DEPLOY the three machines whenever you like, no matter if your character has any idea of what to do with them or not. They will look like this (only, metal colored instead of white) :

Spoiler:

And lastly, you still have control over your family and can play them, as I won't. Yet.

Did that make a little more sense? :3 Trying to implement as much as I can from Homestuck, without making it ridiculously complicated. It already is lol

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I understand well :3

As for the theme song, I have a new one for her, but I know it's a bit too late ^^; The one I chose at the time is an old favorite. It also fit her personality a bit.

@Retro Bug - You gave me an idea D: I'm going to do that as well. Hopefully so Vinnie can get the idea of Candice's room.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Otherworld, if you want a new theme song you can just edit your SU with it :3 I'd love to hear!

EDIT: drunk, if you post, I might post after you.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Red: Posted, so I guess it's your turn now… :)

Sorry if I took a while, I've been busy helping my mom with the garden, and I had to go get a tooth fixed yesterday, and, you may agree, RPing with half a lip swollen and asleep isn't necessarily… enjoyable(?)

Anyways, I have a question about our Aspects…
Are you going with the notion that there has to be a hero of Time and one of Space at minimum in every session, or are you throwing that out the window?
Spoiler:

Also, if you wouldn't mind giving us our titles already, I'd like to know since it's basically been killing me to know!!! :3

EDIT: In hindsight, I feel SO bad for Vieve :(… I would NOT want to be stuck in SBURB with Ricardo as my Server… then again, I'm pretty sure he's going to get what to do with this pretty fast… it's just the beginning stages of… experimentation that would scare me. x(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, I'd like to keep the aspects a secret for a while longer ;) but the native population on your respective planets (oops, spoiler there?) might give you insight and clues to who you really are.

Also, you will probably build onto the house as a whole eventually, so the room's layout isn't super important :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Sorry for the delay guys, was busy at home.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic - Sure, was going to do that at this moment~ Although it's not going to be good, I'll try to get the full picture in. :3

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Haha, I'd like to keep the aspects a secret for a while longer ;) but the native population on your respective planets (oops, spoiler there?) might give you insight and clues to who you really are.

Also, you will probably build onto the house as a whole eventually, so the room's layout isn't super important :3

Maaaan…

So we're not going to know until later in the game?
:X

That's cool… I'll just… try and figure it out… :D!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
For the top view of the room, which is very boring now that I painted it myself with awful drawing skills:
Spoiler:

Obviously one is the bed, the square at the corner. The long rectangle is the window with dark grey curtains, and try to imagine paper and dirty clothing scattered around the floor.

Here's under the bed and basically how it looks like:
Spoiler:

Okay, so that's the bed, or the wood that prevents her from falling if you want to be precise, and the metal desk is there. You can see a few books there, and the lame laptop. Imagine the metal chair in there too. ^^;

Would be nice to see later on what we're going to be then~ I love surprises here and there. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Maaaan…

So we're not going to know until later in the game?
:X

That's cool… I'll just… try and figure it out… :D!

Would be nice to see later on what we're going to be then~ I love surprises here and there. :3

You'll know pretty early on, don't worry ;)

I'm still not sure about the Time aspect actually. Time travel will be too complicated for this RP. So I gotta find other ways to make the Time aspect useful. Or I'll use another aspect and find other ways to implement TIME SHENANIGANS.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

You'll know pretty early on, don't worry ;)

I'm still not sure about the Time aspect actually. Time travel will be too complicated for this RP. So I gotta find other ways to make the Time aspect useful. Or I'll use another aspect and find other ways to implement TIME SHENANIGANS.
Yeah, that is pretty much my main worry about it.

Then again, you could just go ahead and use ALL of the overpowered Aspects for us:
  • Time
  • Space
  • Void
    and then
  • Hope or Light…

:D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've already decided the others so don't you try ;p

Edit: i hope nobody finds it difficult to post now. I would recommend for client players to put stuff in their sylladex (5 things) and keep talking to their servers and for server players to either go will trying to build stuff or ask your mysterious new chum for advice. And do deploy those machines...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's been a few days. I assure you guys that the "real game" will start soon, when you're not... Well, not exactly at home anymore. In a way.

If it's lack of time, it's ok because it's only been a few days xD if it's writer's block or general confusion, I can help with both.

Back