The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Pokemon ToR include any of the original 695 pokemon + our fakemon?
Yes, all 695 10 55.56%
No, none at all 4 22.22%
Yes, but not all 695. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys! Update here.

I am glad to say, I really have improved my mapping. Less squary. So I will be re-doing crimsonwood and editing some towns.

The game is really coming together. Pkmn.Master and Littlered are two amazing mappers and are both helping out greatly with maps. Both are some of the better mappers I have seen.

Ivee is doing great, but works 6 days a week. i hope to hear from her soon. She has finished the first evolution for the fire lion starter though and I have seen some sketches for the others.

Hagler, although away at the moment, has been bombing me with ideas for fakemon. SPOILER- He came up with an epic electric chimp idea which I can not wait to see come to life.

Thanks for watching us progress and please leave a comment!
Old June 30th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Jay-Kunn
Lawfully Evil

Nature: Adamant
This game is certainly coming along swimmingly! I sincerely hope to see it hit the front page.
Pokemon Opal Version
- What happens when the fight reaches the inside?
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thanks Jay. Hey guys. Im here to just tell you that we now have about 20 maps total for the game, which for about a month is pretty good in my opinion. I also have been practicing character spriting, so what do you think of these two for the player characters.

[/IMG]
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
khkramer

The characters look nice, I bet they will look awesome when you improve your shading a little

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thanks. beleive it or not, these are only my second and third sprites ever. So imreally proud of these. I will look into the shading since that still confuses me a bit.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
solarwolf00
Beginning Trainer

Hey yeah I dunno if you'd need an artist anymore but I think I may be able to bring fresh ideas to the table, as I said if you need them.
I like drawing concept art as a hobby and drawing different types of pokemon would come somewhat easily for me as I have been drawing ever since the gameboy.
If you wish I'll even do a prototype for y'all to look at.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Solar, help is always welcome. Can I see an example of your work?

Final update for today!

Fire lion Stage 2-

Last edited by oldbarrel; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Here is a sprite I made of ethan.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

^^ He looks really pale haha! Unless you ar emaking an albino trainer haha! Then fair enough! If that's one of your first few sprites, they don't half look bad, well done.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thank you. As for pale-ness, thats an easy fix. Otherwise hes fine?
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:26 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Glad to say, we now have people making character sprites for us! The 3 main characters are done. Waiting for the others. And we have a fakemon spriter allowing us to use his work.
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone! Couple updates today!

-New grass tiles being used. The game looks SOOO much better with them. Ill update the screenshots soon.
-2 new fakemon artists with us. Names will not be stated until they finish their first peices for us. Ivee has not been within contact recently I hope they are fine.
-Making pretty god progress with maps. Hopefully we will soon have battle screens and a title screen for you guys. Just waiting on Pkmn.master who in spite of having his own game, is helping us SOOOOO much.

Some gymleader sprites are posted!

Last edited by oldbarrel; July 6th, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

We now welcome Zusuriki to the team! They will be doing fakemon and they are amazing at them!

Looking for mappers and Custom Tile Artists! We only have 2 mappers as of now.

Last edited by oldbarrel; July 9th, 2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Making great progress with everything! More maps are done and being made. Zusuriki our new fakemon artist is making some awesome new fakemon. im working on an even better plot. And akuma-Tsubasa has been creating some even more epic sprites.

Now check out the water starter evo line.

Please leave feedback on everything!

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:51 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Ok guys quick update on MY personal plans for today!

First off, im going to re-do Crimsonwood in my own style, and make it less squared.
Then, im going to update the plot once again to something new that I came up with.
And last but not least, im going to take a shot at creating custom battle backrounds!

Also on a side note, Pkmn.Master created us a title screen and battle graphics! Big thanks to him!

Ok guys! Crimsonwood has been re-done and looks sooo much better. Name of the game has been changed. New logo made by myself. I have uploaded screen shots of our new grass tile, and tall grass tiles. Also uploaded a random route, a mountain town, and a beach village. I failed at making battle backrounds. Can use some help in that. here are some new screenshots, more to come tommorow!

They are in order-
-New logo
-New crimsonwood
-Mountain Town
-Beach village
-Random route

Last edited by oldbarrel; July 18th, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:09 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Nice new maps. On the route though, you are missing the top of one of the hills. I believe you put grass on the same layer as it, and it got deleted
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:41 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! And yes thats a tile error ill fix it now!

I have really improved if I can say so myself. Im now re-doing the old towns done by me aswell as making some new maps. Ill have some more screenshots soon.
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cast
Unhatched Egg

You should try fixing the shadow on that one building with cog looking things on the side. The shadow is a solid black, while all the other buildings have gray shadows. It looks really out of place.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

this Is good i cant say anything more good luck with this hack

2.) Banner Maker :D
3.) Beginner at Mapping !!
Currently nothings been done yet .. hahaha

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! But its not a hack. Its made with RXMP.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Final Fire evo is done! Looks great but I wish we came up with a better idea for it. Ill see what I can come up with. Also I know the fakemon are in different styles and not sugi style, but we will be having sugi style spriters sprite them, so its all good.

Old July 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Nijiri
Manectric Fangirl.

Nature: Naive
Despite all of the complications earlier, I feel like this game has a lot of potential. Keep up the good work as I look forward to seeing this fixed and completed in the future! I also like the fact that you incorporated separate factions in it as well.

Some people already commented about the problems about the game, so from my own view I don't think I need to say anything for now.

Over the Clouds.

DERPWORKSPKMN:CDTCB
Naive nature. Very finicky. Tends to steal Captain Obvious' job shifts, apologize, and use different translations of the word "thank you". Excuses, excuses, these bad traits show pretty well - but I don't bite with a grip of a crab.

Old July 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Hey thanks! We are working hard everyday! Glad to see support.
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

I have re-done all old cities. We have some new tiles too! Ill post new pics soon. Also, Thatonegurl is now scripting for us, which is a great help.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM
Littlered
The Red One

Nature: Adamant
WOAH! Okay what gives!? xD

So I stopped working on the maps like about a week and a 1/2 ago because I could no longer find "Pokemon Jade" in this whole forum anymore and I figured progress had abruptly stopped without anouncement.

I am soo sorry I stopped working on this with you guys and I'm aware I probably should have sent a Pm to you Oldbarrel when I realized the topic name was gone. I had no idea like legit that we switched the name and all of this. I know in my last pm I said I'd have the maps to you by around this time but truth is I don't have them since I stopped working on them because I thought you had ended this project. Please forgive me and understand my dilemna here, if you wish to remove me from your credits list I understand, if not I will gladly come back and help mapping if you send me over the new files, I am soo sorry beyond belief right now

Sponsored Links