The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Ok I searched and really didn't see anything like this nor knew where this would fit so I'll just make this here.

I've been watching Marriland Play his copy of Black 2 and noticed a few tidbits on systems, features, and overall references to older games.

In B2W2, they revived the Secondary Character Follow Tag Battle feature from D/P/Pt. You remember Cheryl? Riley? Well I noticed that Bianca and Hugh can team up with you in certain areas when you first explore them similar to how the Trainer Follow Me feature was in D/P/Pt.

My first thoughts: OMGWTF AWESOME! LOVE THAT FEATURE! FREE HEAL SPAM GRINDING WHOOO!

But yes in Rebirth Mountain you team up with Bianca and travel through the mountain fighting Wild Double Battles with Bianca at your side. She heals your team after every battle.

In Castella Sewers you team with Hugh and do the same thing above. Hugh heals your Pokemon after every battle.

The next thing I noticed, seems more like an Easter Egg, as stated by another member, but a Magma and Aqua grunt are married and living in the house that the Team Rocket guy used to own.

Has anyone else seen ANY Older game relations? (Baring PWT and Trainers involved in it...meaning all Gym Leaders and Champions.)
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:40 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The final gym leader is a water gym leader like Wallace/Juan in Pokemon Emerald. The Champion is uses Dragon Pokemon like Lance in GSC/HGSS, and they have an Aggron and the region's fossil Pokemon evolution, three of there Pokemon are Dragon, like Steven's team in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The return to Nacrene/Striaton/Accumula/Nuvema where the trainers are harder is like returning to Kanto in GSC/HGSS. The game is a sequel like GSC/XD/HGSS, but plays like Emerald and Platinum. The game centers around the dragon of a trio like Rayqauza, but has new forms like Giratina. There are also more Pokemon in the Pokedex like Platinum.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Well Zekrom and Reshirem are both dragons themselves, so that's not really like Gen III.

- I believe the Magikarp man returns as always, can't remember where I fought him though.
- The gift Eevee you receive is "from a man in the region of Kanto" i.e Bill.
- Ridiculous puzzle to access Regirock. (other two require no effort)

Once it gets fully translated I can discover more things. Majority is still in Japanese atm.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, it's not really easily noticeable imo because it's with that 'high high above' view but halfway through the Marine Tube there is Brennen just looking off into the distance. Not sure what he says when you talk to him though.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Some older game relations I see in B2/W2:

- Iris going from Gym Leader to Champion like Wallace did in Emerald
- Final Gym Leader is a Water Gym Leader, similar to R/S/E
- The water cave in Black 2 and the lava cave in White 2 are like a reference to Team Aqua and Team Magma from R/S/E
- The return to Nuvema Town, Accumula Town, Striaton City, Nacrene City, Icirrus City, Twist Mountain, Dragonspiral Tower, Wellspring Cave, Pinwheel Forest, Dreamyard and surrounding areas with strong Trainers is like the return to Kanto in G/S/C/HG/SS
- Hugh and Bianca walking with you and healing your Pokemon after every battle like Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck and Marley in D/P/Pt and Lance in HG/SS
- Expanded regional Pokedex, a callback to Platinum
- Iris having a fossil Pokemon and an Aggron on her team, like Steven in R/S
- Move Tutors, which are a callback to all "third version" games such as Emerald and Platinum
- Roxie using a member of the Koffing line, similar to Koga and Janine in their respective Gym battles
- Mareep being an Electric-type at #25 in the regional Pokedex, similar to Pikachu in Kanto
- Sewaddle being available early, like Weedle/Caterpie/Wurmple in their respective games
- Psyduck being available early like in D/P/Pt
- Hugh's personality merging characteristics with most previous rivals

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
That's pretty cool, I hadn't heard about the Magma/Aqua grunts being married. I like that :D

I don't know of much else, but something some other people might have noticed is that the sound that plays when you press a button (selecting an option and so on), is the same as that in RBY. RBY and GSC used the same button-bleep, then it changed for RSE, and all GBA and DS main Pokemon games used the same sound, though for BW and B2W2 it reverted to the original bleep sound.

I feel like I've gone into far too much detail for something so minor, but whatever. :P

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
That's pretty cool, I hadn't heard about the Magma/Aqua grunts being married. I like that :D
Wasn't it also in BW? =D
I think that house was left untouched :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here