• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

New Users' Hangout

What Is This?

So you're wondering what this place is, exactly? Simple! This is the thread where new members can test the waters of our community and get to know one another. Not only will you meet other new members, but also community regulars that have been here for a while and perhaps even some staff! It's basically a chat thread for all you new members to get to know other newbies like you as well as older users.

You can make your first post here, but it is encouraged to create an introduction thread to be welcomed personally, though it is not mandatory. Feel free to do what you're most comfortable with! We're very friendly. :)​

Some Things You Should Know

Anyone can post!
Anyone can post here! Don't assume you, as an older member, cannot post here just because it says "New Users' Hangout" in the title. No matter who you are, you're more than welcome to come and greet some of the site's newbies. Our purpose is to help newbies make new friends and feel more at ease here!

Don't spam
Please don't write short and pointless messages! If you're someone aiming for the big 15 (aka trying to reach 15 posts to be able to post images and/or links), please do not spam this thread. It is highly recommended to explore other areas of the forum rather than just relying on this thread for post count.

poke-ball.png
Need Help?
poke-ball.png

Please try not to ask for help here, as we have a very helpful section dedicated solely to helping people called the PokeCommunity Questions & Feedback! You can use the Quick Questions & Answers thread for simple questions like where you should post something, why your ROM Hacking thread isn't showing up, and so on. It would be seen faster there!

All The Welcome Lounge and the global PokeCommunity rules apply here, especially the 4-word/25 Character rule and intentional double posting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Attention all new users:

Hiiyaa, I'm MidnightShine, rather than calling me by my awfully long name, just call me Mid for short ;D

We're really friendly, so don't expect us to bite or anything! Don't know how to make an intro? You can ask one of us here. :)
[supporter]Leaf Storm[/supporter], PokeCommunity's past New Users/Welcome (NU/W) moderator said that herself!

So.... you're highly encouraged to get to know us and be a part of our community. Kinda shy? Need help with an incomplete intro? Feel free to ask anyone of us senior ones who stop by this hangout!

Oh boy, here comes my long intro, so that you get to know me better ;D
Spoiler:

And there you go, my intro! Don't forget to check out my blog, a nifty feature only [supporter]PokeCommunity supporters[/supporter] get! Wanna chat? I love chatting most of the time, feel free to VM me at my page. Just leave me a message and I'll try to reply ;D I recommend getting to know me before you send me a friend request tho :)

Anyway, I hope you have fun here at PokeCommunity~ Don't forget to contact Cirno, Cid or any staff member if you got a problem/question/inquiry regarding the forum or you could post it here!

Yours,
~[supporter]Mid[/supporter]~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Hi ummm i seem to be the second one here... im new and happy to help with anything i can (dont use that against me)

Years
Attention, all new users.

I am the tomboyish, crazy Oshawott girl Hikari10. Although you may call me Hikari or Hika if you like. I'm female, 20, from Sydney, all the way down in Australia. And no, we don't ride kangaroos to work/school or whatever. I am female but I may look male to you so no surprise if you call me a "he" or something male.

Alright, I've been reworking my intro so read it if you want to know more about me.

OK, wondering why my name is all blue and italic? I'm a [supporter]PC Supporter[/supporter] (not mod, SUPPORTER) and I have been one since October 1st 2012, or October 2nd for some of you guys (like me). They may look like normal members to you, apart from the green italics but these members get more cool stuff that's worth getting, like blogs, access to a special forum, and fancy profiles!

I've been a Tier 4 PC Suppporter from October 1st-25th 2012, and I've been Tier 5 PC Supporter since October 26th 2012. I managed to get mine through the 2012 PC Get-Together, when our Pokemon General mod Toujours won it as a prize and decided to gift it to me for my birthday. Given I cannot donate myself, this was really exciting.

My personality when I first joined was me being a massive noob, but that Hikari10 from back then is long gone, and she made a massive turnaround in a year and a half. Also, I'm a regular on the PC Battle Server, where my username is +OshyHikari. I don't use any alternate names though, but I do tend to be a bit crazy over there! I am a bit of a noob at competitive battling though, since my lack of good team building skills means I don't do much outside of Random Battles.

Also, I have a blog here, called The Hikari Osh(a)wott(er). I basically use it for a few random things here and there, such as a signatures archive or to share something I like with the rest of PC. I started my blog immediately after becoming a PC Supporter and I have already made loads of entries.

Despite my friendly and outrageously funny attitude, I can be a bit tough at times too. If someone is trying to ask me for help with hacks, or is a troll/spammer, I'm not your girl sorry. Need to talk so you don't feel scared? Just leave a VM on my profile, which is always open for you to laugh at. I do accept all friend requests, but I need to know you a bit more before I'll be able to accept it. Also, remain active if you want to stay on my contacts/friends cos I do a clearout of inactive users every now and then.

Oh, and did you know I absolutely love Oshawott? Cutest Starter Pokemon ever imo, with his cute face, the scalchop, the badass evolution line, everything Oshy! And my fave Pokemon games are the 5th Generation main games Black & White, as well as Black 2 & White 2. In addition, I love satirical comedy and more recently, My Little Pony. I happen to be a massive Brony/Pegasister at times so no surprise if you see a MLP theme on me.

Anyways, have fun at the PokeCommunity, and if you ever need help, contact Cirno, Cid or any other staff member, who are easily identifiable by their bold colored names.

Have fun and I'll be seeing ya around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hi ummm i seem to be the second one here... im new and happy to help with anything i can (dont use that against me)

Hello, you seem new. In fact, you are new, right? I'm Mid. How do you do?

Years

Hi there, I'm Hikari.

Even though you technically joined us way, way back in January 2011 you are still new since you haven't posted much yet.

How are you enjoying PC?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome everyone who had joined and posted since the new thread got posted! ^_^ I'm Meganium and I'd happen to be the mod here. I'm the person you can come up to if you have any questions or confused about anything. Some of the regulars here have also offered their help as well, so take advantage of that as well. :D We're really helpful, don't be afraid!

Also, Marshian...there's the Emulation section if you want to learn how to hack! The regulars there are quite smart and intelligent on rom hacking. :D Have fun!

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Hey Daniel. you can call me Diablo, welcome to PC I hope you have a great time here and make lots of new friends.

Years
Hi guyz !
How are you doing ?

Hi Hassan, I am Hikari.

I love hanging out in Pokemon Trivia/Other Trivia. I am also active in New Users/Welcome and most Pokemon-based areas.

Anyways, talk to a mod if you ever get lost and I'll see you!

- Hikari10, "Not Your Average Sarcastic Funny Girl"

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey errybody! I'm Shining Raichu but you can all call me Andy. I don't like being called Shining Raichu, it sounds too formal and polite. I'd much rather we all be friends, and friends call each other by their first name :)

Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself - it seems to be what everybody else is doing haha. Oh, I'm one of the moderators down at Other Voting Polls so you should come check it out because it's really cool and chillaxed! /shameless plug

Anyway we should probably talk about something, shouldn't we? Isn't the point that we're meant to 'hang out'? XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Hi, Andy,what's up? I know that section lol I post there all the time and mostly hang out there and OC. I thought I'd drop by NU/W to greet some new people though, because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. Im Shiny Celebi btw, nice to meet everybody here.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome new members!!!
i'm Avishka and nice to meet y'all. This is a very nice forum with lots of friendly people.
Feel free to VM/PM me if you want to chat or have questions. シ
see ya~

Red99

World Champion
Years
I'm fairly new here, but I just found this thread today! As I know many of the users here, I don't think an introduction is necessary, but for those of you who don't know me, I'm pretty carefree and helpful. Also competitive! :)

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm fairly new here, but I just found this thread today! As I know many of the users here, I don't think an introduction is necessary, but for those of you who don't know me, I'm pretty carefree and helpful. Also competitive! :)

Hey, well, welcome to PC! Ha, if you're competitive, you're really gonna enjoy it here. The people here are ridiculously good at Pokemon surprised?. I remember one match, I don't think I even made a damn move. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to ask me, as I've been having a LOT of free time as of late. =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey, well, welcome to PC! Ha, if you're competitive, you're really gonna enjoy it here. The people here are ridiculously good at Pokemon surprised?. I remember one match, I don't think I even made a damn move. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to ask me, as I've been having a LOT of free time as of late. =P
So in other words, I better EV train my future babies in Speed and both types of Attack or I'll be wasting my time. Check and check. :)

Cyclone

Honest

Hi!
Years
So in other words, I better EV train my future babies in Speed and both types of Attack or I'll be wasting my time. Check and check. :)

Cyclone

Haha, not necessarily. First off, I simply sucked at playing. And also, that was just one instance. Some people like using walls, and all the speed in the world wont help you there.

Red99

World Champion
Years

Cyclone

I had never heard of EV training until I came across this websit, but I have a feeling like I've been good at it all along :) I always beat my friends in link cable matches and wireless battles! If I can get my wi-fi connection working, I'll try to arrange some battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back