• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
as far as i can tell, it looks fantastic (though i'm still new to playing pokemon hacks. :3)
can't wait to try it. though i can't find the beta 1 download anywhere...

Beta 1 hasn't been realeased yet.... :)

since bagon, dratini and gible are the starters will they have different levels to evolve or will it be the same? because i dont think its fair that gible evolves at an earlier level and its final evolution at 48 because dratinis final evolution is at level 55 and bagon's at 50.

Yes, the evolutions will remain the same but it will be fair because the other two dragons learns more greater moves than gible like, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, etc... :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Don't forget, the other dragons learn a recovery move in Roost. I believe Gible is the most powerful to start off with, but as you progress in the hack, the other dragons may be a little better in terms of the moves. For example, most of Gible/Gabite's moves are attacks like Slash, Bite, Take Down, Metal Claw, Dig, etc. Dratini/Dragonair on the other hand has access to a variety of special attacks like getting Dragon Pulse the earliest out of the three, Heat Wave, and Icy Wind(Although, Dratini is the hardest to start off with as it only knows wrap & leer at the beginning, Followed by T-wave. So you're pretty much screwed until you get Dragonbreath at lv14). Salamence also learns Hydro Pump at lv58 in this hack followed by Roost in the mid-low 60s. I'd say Bagon is the most balance at the start. So they all have their advantages...

I've finalized the beta up to the 1st major city so far. 25% done, 75% more left to go. I'd say it'll be ready for the 30th. (Don't want to Jynx myself though.)

Last edited:

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
O.o nice game.. and the sprites looks great ill be waiting for the beta release of this keep this up =)

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
oh. okay, so that's why i couldn't find it. i'll be anticipating this. i'll support it :3. i wish you ppl luck. keelah s'lai

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I've updated the Pokemon Beta 1 List with Gothita as a new addition to a specific route. It's posted in the OP...

I've just gotten up to the 2nd major city. I'm about 40% done with everything in Beta 1 being finalized. Progress is going even quicker than I imagined. However, the gap between the 2nd major city & the 3rd major city will be the long, drag-out part for me because there's 5 routes, 1 town, and 2 caves seperating them. Wish me luck!

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
I've updated the Pokemon Beta 1 List with Gothita as a new addition to a specific route. It's posted in the OP...

I've just gotten up to the 2nd major city. I'm about 40% done with everything in Beta 1 being finalized. Progress is going even quicker than I imagined. However, the gap between the 2nd major city & the 3rd major city will be the long, drag-out part for me because there's 5 routes, 1 town, and 2 caves seperating them. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
That seems a lot.

I look forward to the release!

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
CANT WAIT!!!
I Hope You wont make us wait as long for the relese of the second beta

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Flygonman

It depends. Beta 2 will have alot more events and places in it. But I do have everything scripted already in a practice rom. (Cool username and picture btw. ^.^)

Thanks for the support, everyone. I believe I spoke of this before, but if anyone has the time & skill, I NEED Yugi OW sprites BADLY. Just the walking frames & all must have the exact same pallete colors. It doesn't have to look perfect, just good enough for someone who doesn't know about the hack & saw it to say; "Hey, is that Yugi? It looks like him, somewhat."

Beta 1 is 51% Complete btw...

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Just a random (and I mean very random) question. How long do you think the entire game is in a whole, would you estimate?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Dylanrockin

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess. I've been playing through & some event opponents like Brock & Kaz after the 2nd gym are really strong. The type of opponents you'd have to go back & train 2-3 more levels up. Here's a screenshot example of what I'm talking about:

5ouubr.png
In the game, each of the dragon starters learns DragonBreath at Lv14. Shelgon & Dragonair learn DragonPulse at lv30. Gabite learns Dragon Claw at lv30. This screenshot shows an example of what I mentioned above. Dragonair's gonna go first obviously, and it's DragonPulse is so strong, you either have to train Shelgon or someone who resist it or takes neutral damage well, OR use the super potion strategy like I did to win(Send out someone who can take the hit at least once, then keep using super potions until Dragonair runs out of Dragon Pulses. Which is 10 times...)

The hack is very difficult, so I can guess that it'll take a very long time to finish with some of the opponents requiring you to lv up in order to beat them.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
@_Dylanrockin

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess. I've been playing through & some event opponents like Brock & Kaz after the 2nd gym are really strong. The type of opponents you'd have to go back & train 2-3 more levels up. Here's a screenshot example of what I'm talking about:

5ouubr.png
In the game, each of the dragon starters learns DragonBreath at Lv14. Shelgon & Dragonair learn DragonPulse at lv30. Gabite learns Dragon Claw at lv30. This screenshot shows an example of what I mentioned above. Dragonair's gonna go first obviously, and it's DragonPulse is so strong, you either have to train Shelgon or someone who resist it or takes neutral damage well, OR use the super potion strategy like I did to win(Send out someone who can take the hit at least once, then keep using super potions until Dragonair runs out of Dragon Pulses. Which is 10 times...)

The hack is very difficult, so I can guess that it'll take a very long time to finish with some of the opponents requiring you to lv up in order to beat them.

Oh, and one last random question, the attacks like Dragon Pulse and stuff from later generations. Do they have custom animations?

NightkymZ

Ultimate Tiles Matcher
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Hey...I think beta 2,she will insert a lot of b/w tiles~...wait and see...^.^
more better right?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I CAN'T WAITTTTTTT OMG. WHEN????? I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END.......... THE PUNISHMENT WILL BE OVER SOON!!!!!!!!!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_DylanRockin

Not at the moment, No. I'm still trying to learn how to perfectly edit the attack animations. I've tried a couple times, but screwed up. But don't worry, the new attacks won't have whacky animations that doesn't look like the actual move. The animation for the new attacks at least show some or alot of resemblance to the actual animation of the attack. Espically Stone Edge as it's the easiest to duplicate.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

Around this time on this day next week. I'm about 70% positive I'll be done by the 30th. I'm on super grind mode!

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
@_DylanRockin

Not at the moment, No. I'm still trying to learn how to perfectly edit the attack animations. I've tried a couple times, but screwed up. But don't worry, the new attacks won't have whacky animations that doesn't look like the actual move. The animation for the new attacks at least show some or alot of resemblance to the actual animation of the attack. Espically Stone Edge as it's the easiest to duplicate.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

Around this time on this day next week. I'm about 70% positive I'll be done by the 30th. I'm on super grind mode!

What program if any do you use for animating attacks? Unless it is done specifically by hex coding.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_DylanRockin

Hex Coding or using UnlZ.Gba to find the image of the animation & try to create the new image of the attack yourself.

@_Lugia Da Boss

Yes, Charmander is in a cave a little after the 2nd gym.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
You make it very tempting for me to take Dratini as my starter... Will the VS seeker be available very early? I like having it around. It could be given in the place of the town map, I don't think anyone uses that. Or after you win your first battle against nurse joy and doc. Roy! Or something? Will Pokemon like Patrat and Sentret be stronger and learn good moves. Like elemental punches, so they will be more useful

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Glaceon12

Dratini is the hardest starter to begin with. But in my opinion, it becomes the best one out of the 3 if you stick with it. I believe your rival gives you the seeker after you defeat him for the 2nd time. Sentret isn't in the hack, but Patrat is. The pokemon will only learn the moves they can learn by Leveling up or Breeding from the actual game. Since BW2's been released, alot of weaker pokemon has gotten stronger. So I have done a few updates to my hack when it comes to the moves they all learn. If Patrat learns the elemental punches from the BW2 tutor, I'll give it those attacks. If it learned those punches from the original BW, I'm positive Watchog in my hack will learn them. I still haven't looked into all of the newer moves BW2 has given each pokemon Yet.

It's still a work-in progress(Mostly because I'm too lazy to do the sprites) but the player will recieve "Fishing Gear" in the hack. Not only does it come with a Rod, but the player's OW will change when you're fishing. I haven't done the sprites yet, but after Beta 1 is released, I'll begin working on them & the fisherman will give you the Fishing Gear instead of "Old Rod" in the first village after you leave home.

Last edited:
Back