The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

Advertise here

New Users' Hangout

What Is This?

So you're wondering what this place is, exactly? Simple! This is the thread where new members can test the waters of our community and get to know one another. Not only will you meet other new members, but also community regulars that have been here for a while and perhaps even some staff! It's basically a chat thread for all you new members to get to know other newbies like you as well as older users.

You can make your first post here, but it is encouraged to create an introduction thread to be welcomed personally, though it is not mandatory. Feel free to do what you're most comfortable with! We're very friendly. :)

Some Things You Should Know

Anyone can post!
Anyone can post here! Don't assume you, as an older member, cannot post here just because it says "New Users' Hangout" in the title. No matter who you are, you're more than welcome to come and greet some of the site's newbies. Our purpose is to help newbies make new friends and feel more at ease here!

Don't spam
Please don't write short and pointless messages! If you're someone aiming for the big 15 (aka trying to reach 15 posts to be able to post images and/or links), please do not spam this thread. It is highly recommended to explore other areas of the forum rather than just relying on this thread for post count.

Need Help?
Please try not to ask for help here, as we have a very helpful section dedicated solely to helping people called the PokeCommunity Questions & Feedback! You can use the Quick Questions & Answers thread for simple questions like where you should post something, why your ROM Hacking thread isn't showing up, and so on. It would be seen faster there!

All The Welcome Lounge and the global PokeCommunity rules apply here, especially the 4-word/25 Character rule and intentional double posting.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3

Last edited by Sheep; February 8th, 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: edits
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
halcyonic
huge power diggersby \o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Attention all new users:

Hiiyaa, I'm MidnightShine, rather than calling me by my awfully long name, just call me Mid for short ;D

Quote:
We're really friendly, so don't expect us to bite or anything! Don't know how to make an intro? You can ask one of us here. :)
Leaf Storm, PokeCommunity's past New Users/Welcome (NU/W) moderator said that herself!

So.... you're highly encouraged to get to know us and be a part of our community. Kinda shy? Need help with an incomplete intro? Feel free to ask anyone of us senior ones who stop by this hangout!

Oh boy, here comes my long intro, so that you get to know me better ;D
Spoiler:
I'm 13, don't get me wrong, and I go to school for 8-10 boring hours :P

Wondering why my username is blue & italic? That's because I'm a PokeCommunity supporter, not a mod :P What's that, you ask? I recommend you pop your head in here! They're all sorts of supporter perks, depending on how much you donate. I'm a tier 5 supporter, which costed me $25.

One thing you should know about me, that I'm a MAJOR brony! If you don't like animted cartoon ponies, you better watch out cause I'll eventually pull you into the wonderful world of Equestria, I've already successfully turned a few people into bronies and pegasisters here at PokeCommunity!

I used to be a hacker. In fact, that's why I joined PokeCommunity, for the emulation and hacking talk. But along the way, I've changed! I'm no longer a shy hacker, but an extrovert! I've accomplished all sorts of things here at PokeCommunity such as ranking 2nd place in 2012's Member of the Year, becoming famous among people here at PokeCommunity and plenty more!

I'm also a competitive battler, but a noob at it XD Our Black & White mod, Forever, is one heck of a competitive battler, but she only plays NU tho.

PC's battle server is right here! Don't forget to check it out, I go by many, many names there such as AzureHorizons, +Bonnibel Bubblegum, +Black Kyuremu, Xerveltal, Shiny Xerneas, +Rainbow Dasshh & Nica Celestia there. In fact, I gave you a whole list of the names I use there XP But be warned, if you step foot in the server, things might go crazy there, but in a 'good' way!

Oh, and I despite my friendly look, I can be really stern as well. I've had bad experiences with PokeCommunity trolls & spammers. If you are a troll, spammer or can't-accept-a-no person/hacker, please do me a favor and leave me alone, it's for the best...

And there you go, my intro! Don't forget to check out my blog, a nifty feature only PokeCommunity supporters get! Wanna chat? I love chatting most of the time, feel free to VM me at my page. Just leave me a message and I'll try to reply ;D I recommend getting to know me before you send me a friend request tho :)

Anyway, I hope you have fun here at PokeCommunity~ Don't forget to contact Cirno, Cid or any staff member if you got a problem/question/inquiry regarding the forum or you could post it here!

Yours,
~Mid~

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Last edited by halcyonic; February 2nd, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: this is me now
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Thoma1
Beginning Trainer

Hi ummm i seem to be the second one here... im new and happy to help with anything i can (dont use that against me)
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Attention, all new users.

I am the tomboyish, crazy Oshawott girl Hikari10. Although you may call me Hikari or Hika if you like. I'm female, 20, from Sydney, all the way down in Australia. And no, we don't ride kangaroos to work/school or whatever. I am female but I may look male to you so no surprise if you call me a "he" or something male.

Alright, I've been reworking my intro so read it if you want to know more about me.

OK, wondering why my name is all blue and italic? I'm a PC Supporter (not mod, SUPPORTER) and I have been one since October 1st 2012, or October 2nd for some of you guys (like me). They may look like normal members to you, apart from the green italics but these members get more cool stuff that's worth getting, like blogs, access to a special forum, and fancy profiles!

I've been a Tier 4 PC Suppporter from October 1st-25th 2012, and I've been Tier 5 PC Supporter since October 26th 2012. I managed to get mine through the 2012 PC Get-Together, when our Pokemon General mod Toujours won it as a prize and decided to gift it to me for my birthday. Given I cannot donate myself, this was really exciting.

My personality when I first joined was me being a massive noob, but that Hikari10 from back then is long gone, and she made a massive turnaround in a year and a half. Also, I'm a regular on the PC Battle Server, where my username is +OshyHikari. I don't use any alternate names though, but I do tend to be a bit crazy over there! I am a bit of a noob at competitive battling though, since my lack of good team building skills means I don't do much outside of Random Battles.

Also, I have a blog here, called The Hikari Osh(a)wott(er). I basically use it for a few random things here and there, such as a signatures archive or to share something I like with the rest of PC. I started my blog immediately after becoming a PC Supporter and I have already made loads of entries.

Despite my friendly and outrageously funny attitude, I can be a bit tough at times too. If someone is trying to ask me for help with hacks, or is a troll/spammer, I'm not your girl sorry. Need to talk so you don't feel scared? Just leave a VM on my profile, which is always open for you to laugh at. I do accept all friend requests, but I need to know you a bit more before I'll be able to accept it. Also, remain active if you want to stay on my contacts/friends cos I do a clearout of inactive users every now and then.

Oh, and did you know I absolutely love Oshawott? Cutest Starter Pokemon ever imo, with his cute face, the scalchop, the badass evolution line, everything Oshy! And my fave Pokemon games are the 5th Generation main games Black & White, as well as Black 2 & White 2. In addition, I love satirical comedy and more recently, My Little Pony. I happen to be a massive Brony/Pegasister at times so no surprise if you see a MLP theme on me.

Anyways, have fun at the PokeCommunity, and if you ever need help, contact Cirno, Cid or any other staff member, who are easily identifiable by their bold colored names.

Have fun and I'll be seeing ya around!

- Hikari10

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; April 1st, 2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:52 PM
halcyonic
huge power diggersby \o/
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoma1 View Post
Hi ummm i seem to be the second one here... im new and happy to help with anything i can (dont use that against me)
Hello, you seem new. In fact, you are new, right? I'm Mid. How do you do?

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoma1 View Post
Hi there, I'm Hikari.

Even though you technically joined us way, way back in January 2011 you are still new since you haven't posted much yet.

How are you enjoying PC?

Old July 19th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Marshian
Marshian

Nature: Brave
Hi,i am marshian.i'm new here and want to hack gba

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Welcome everyone who had joined and posted since the new thread got posted! ^_^ I'm Meganium and I'd happen to be the mod here. I'm the person you can come up to if you have any questions or confused about anything. Some of the regulars here have also offered their help as well, so take advantage of that as well. :D We're really helpful, don't be afraid!

Also, Marshian...there's the Emulation section if you want to learn how to hack! The regulars there are quite smart and intelligent on rom hacking. :D Have fun!
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

Hello there, the name is Daniel Evans, but just call me Daniel.
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
Hey Daniel. you can call me Diablo, welcome to PC I hope you have a great time here and make lots of new friends.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM
hassanabdullah45k
Charizard619

Nature: Quiet
Hi guyz !
How are you doing ?
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanabdullah45k View Post
Hi guyz !
How are you doing ?
Hi Hassan, I am Hikari.

I love hanging out in Pokemon Trivia/Other Trivia. I am also active in New Users/Welcome and most Pokemon-based areas.

Anyways, talk to a mod if you ever get lost and I'll see you!

- Hikari10, "Not Your Average Sarcastic Funny Girl"

Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Hey errybody! I'm Shining Raichu but you can all call me Andy. I don't like being called Shining Raichu, it sounds too formal and polite. I'd much rather we all be friends, and friends call each other by their first name

Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself - it seems to be what everybody else is doing haha. Oh, I'm one of the moderators down at Other Voting Polls so you should come check it out because it's really cool and chillaxed! /shameless plug

Anyway we should probably talk about something, shouldn't we? Isn't the point that we're meant to 'hang out'? XD

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Hi, Andy,what's up? I know that section lol I post there all the time and mostly hang out there and OC. I thought I'd drop by NU/W to greet some new people though, because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. Im Shiny Celebi btw, nice to meet everybody here.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome new members!!!
i'm Avishka and nice to meet y'all. This is a very nice forum with lots of friendly people.
Feel free to VM/PM me if you want to chat or have questions. シ
see ya~

Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
I'm fairly new here, but I just found this thread today! As I know many of the users here, I don't think an introduction is necessary, but for those of you who don't know me, I'm pretty carefree and helpful. Also competitive!

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
I'm fairly new here, but I just found this thread today! As I know many of the users here, I don't think an introduction is necessary, but for those of you who don't know me, I'm pretty carefree and helpful. Also competitive!
Hey, well, welcome to PC! Ha, if you're competitive, you're really gonna enjoy it here. The people here are ridiculously good at Pokemon surprised?. I remember one match, I don't think I even made a damn move. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to ask me, as I've been having a LOT of free time as of late. =P
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Hey, well, welcome to PC! Ha, if you're competitive, you're really gonna enjoy it here. The people here are ridiculously good at Pokemon surprised?. I remember one match, I don't think I even made a damn move. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to ask me, as I've been having a LOT of free time as of late. =P
So in other words, I better EV train my future babies in Speed and both types of Attack or I'll be wasting my time. Check and check.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
So in other words, I better EV train my future babies in Speed and both types of Attack or I'll be wasting my time. Check and check.

Cyclone
Haha, not necessarily. First off, I simply sucked at playing. And also, that was just one instance. Some people like using walls, and all the speed in the world wont help you there.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post

Cyclone
I had never heard of EV training until I came across this websit, but I have a feeling like I've been good at it all along I always beat my friends in link cable matches and wireless battles! If I can get my wi-fi connection working, I'll try to arrange some battles!

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
I had never heard of EV training until I came across this websit, but I have a feeling like I've been good at it all along I always beat my friends in link cable matches and wireless battles! If I can get my wi-fi connection working, I'll try to arrange some battles!
Here's a cheat sheet.

Battle the enemy in question, win, gain effort points for the Pokémon ending the battle. You could get to Lv.40 and have no EV (meaning you have it holding an Exp. Share or you start a battle then trade it out), or you could be maxed out at Lv.25 (in which case it might be your starter and you later want to breed a fresh one to EV train). It's better to EV train later when the game events are over (unless you purposely do so with one or two particular liked Pokémon as you go) if you are into the competitive battling, a stage where I am nowhere close to (and thus, my battles would be a Fail Feature if I try).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

I don't EV train my Pokemon. In fact...I don't even train them competitively. I just grind them to a certain level and just beat the gym leader/trainer/etc. :P I find it hard to train them that way. :(

Ahaha Red99, I think you posted in the old NUH thread right? This is a new one. xD (if not then I apologize. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep right now and my mind is CRAZY.)
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Hayyyyyy gurl wassups

So yes, I am droomph. I am very open to new people coming around so don't be afraid to shoot me a VM!

This applies to everybody on PC btw

Oh! And one more thing. If you have a Grovyle picture layin around ya better hide dat **** from me. For your safety, please do that.

Okayyyyyyyyy so hop on board the PC train everyone! Complementary snacks will be served shortly.

...oh gawd ev training

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Rhea2x5g
Beginning Trainer

Hey, Meganium90. I've been new on here since last week, but I've gotten a pretty good idea of the rules.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea2x5g View Post
Hey, Meganium90. I've been new on here since last week, but I've gotten a pretty good idea of the rules.
Hi Rhea, how are you doing? Are you well aware of the rules now?

Anyways, I'll check back on you and see how you're doing. They don't call me "Sensei Hikari" for nothing, cos I am a role model.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here