The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
ANinyMouse

Advertise here
Well, the game is already able to combine two individual trainer sprites for a 4-man or 3-man battle, so I suppose a change in script would be all that's needed. Technically, it should be possible. i.e. You vs. Volkner & Jasmine at least, possibly even You & Hugh vs. Liza & Tate, etc.
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
It seems to follow the Single Double Battle styles though I do understand that "Tag" Double Battles will be possible in the future through DLC. I don't believe they will do a 1 vs 2 for the PWT though.
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseyo View Post
That's the thing, I'm trying to get those hold items via winning. I'm not trading any of my B/W stuff to my Japanese B2.

If I just traded all of my powerhouses and items over, it wouldn't be as fun.
Of course, I agree with you =D
I meant after you win those items, you will surely have it easier =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

So I just won World Leader Tournament Singles (one with all Gym leaders) and got whooping 6BP o.O

I got:

Drayden: 3-0
Cress: 1-0
Fantina: 2-0

Last time I beat World Leaders I got almost 3-0 each time and got 2BP xD

Perhaps type effectiveness plays a part? My Azumarill's Ice Punch owned all of Drayden in one hit (except his Haxorus's Sash, but lolAquajet)

Edit: On second thought, I think I just did region ones and didn't get as much, as I'm getting at least 6BP each time from World Leaders now. Finally got one Life Orb, doing much better. These people Choice Band the most random Pokemon with the most random moves.

Last edited by Haseyo; July 21st, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

As I already explained, you get BPs equal to this equation:
Number of chosen Pokémon * 3 - 1 for each fainted Pokémon =)
So you got 6BPs in Singles because you chose 3 Pokémon at the beginning (= 9 at the beginning) - 3 fainted pokémon throughout the Tournament :D

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
wait, we lose BP from fainted pokemon?

that's a shame, ah well, good thing I have no need to BP and am playing through the tournament purely for fun and challenge
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Yeah the fainted thing really sucks because it's impossible to cover every gym leader / champion with just a few Pokemon. I lost my White version with everything on it so I have to get all hold items over again :/ I'll be in PWT for awhile.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Losing BP actually sounds like an even bigger challenge, imo. Like, that just drives me to do even better! I don't think it'd be impossible at all, but you'd REALLY have to put your brain to work as to which teams, pairings, and leads you'd want to go with, which tanks if any, sweepers, etc etc. It's awesome to see how they've REALLY made this a super interactive point system. Before if your Pokemon fainted it wouldn't matter, but now that it does is just awesome! c:
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
you can't really go wrong with a Lapras that knows Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Flamethrower, holding a Charcoal or Leftovers
and my Roserade with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Toxic and Sludge works too
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

It's all luck based as you have absolutely no idea who you will be up against. Sometimes I go 3-0 all the way, sometimes I get wiped on the first match. Double Battles are probably my favorite, they get pretty exciting.

Either way, this is hands down the best Frontier I've ever played.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I haven't even played in the PWT yet, except for the required entry at the start. ); The new BP rules (are they new? i never played in the subway in the previous games) are surely going to drive some people mad since they'll have to be extra careful with their strategies.

And what I've noticed is that everyone seems to be discussing the champion tournament and so on but no one has mentioned the other types such as Rental, Rental Masters, Type Expert and Mixed. :( Rental Master looks like it has some pretty fierce Pokemon in there. Rental Pokemon list
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Frontier will be Frontier, so I'm focusing on the new stuff, which is the leaders / champions. That list does look fun, I'll give that a shot later as well.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Rhea2x5g
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
This feature sounds pretty cool, but it's almost like Pokemon Generation 4's feature where you can battle the Kanto gym leaders and the Elite Four. Instead, you can battle the gym leaders and the Elite Four from all the other regions, so I think this feature's okay. Why didn't they have this feature in Generation 5? :/
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea2x5g View Post
This feature sounds pretty cool, but it's almost like Pokemon Generation 4's feature where you can battle the Kanto gym leaders and the Elite Four. Instead, you can battle the gym leaders and the Elite Four from all the other regions, so I think this feature's okay. Why didn't they have this feature in Generation 5? :/
You could only battle the leaders then because they were rematches. This time it's a world tournament so all leaders and champions are featured. And because usually in the first two games they have the battle tower, or in Gen V's case, the battle subway. We usually get extra battle facilities in the 3rd games. (Or in this case, sequels).
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah the fainted thing really sucks because it's impossible to cover every gym leader / champion with just a few Pokemon. I lost my White version with everything on it so I have to get all hold items over again :/ I'll be in PWT for awhile.
It can be done =D It's not that hard to get over 10BPs :D
I got 12BPs as well in some cases :D
It's best to do Rotation Battles if you want quick BPs =)

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I change it around every time. I know many hate Rotation and Triples, but I find them very fun :D
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I change it around every time. I know many hate Rotation and Triples, but I find them very fun :D
Hate? I love them as well :D
And as I said, it's the best way how to earn BPs :D

Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I love triples. For mix triples though, I'm stuck between love and hate. (I love the idea for this type of match, but I hate them because half the time it's my heavy hitters getting picked for the swap.

Come play Runescape
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

And what I've noticed is that everyone seems to be discussing the champion tournament and so on but no one has mentioned the other types such as Rental, Rental Masters, Type Expert and Mixed. Rental Master looks like it has some pretty fierce Pokemon in there. Rental Pokemon list
Rentals is my favorite. Although for some reason I beat Driftveil, Rentals, and Mix and still didn't get Masters so I gave up on it.

So far I've only beat Unova leaders on the right side and I was actually surprised at how challenging it was. Even the first normal trainer was pretty tough lol. I definitely love PWT it's about time they add something like this.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Guys some of your posts are getting a little out of hand. Posting what strategies you may want to use to counter the Leaders and other Trainers is perfectly fine, but to discuss what type of battle (i.e. triple, double, single) is a bit too off topic on this thread. Though you may be discussing it because this feature has those types of battles included, talking about the individual type of battle has nothing to do with the Pokemon World Tournament. So please, keep on topic here not only in this thread, but in the entire Black 2 and White 2 forum.

Anyway:
The Rentals option in the PWT is amazing. I'm mad that they don't include Jellicent in the Masters collection of possible Pokemon, but I'm happy to see a lot of different, interesting Pokemon as well. I'm hoping to get an Eelektross on my team. I also love how competitive they've made this in-game option to be. Some of the movesets of the Pokemon are outrageous.
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Can't tell if pun because everything can learn Outrage now, or just stating how ridiculous they are.

They are indeed ridiculous though. It shows that Gamefreak has been watching competitive online battles and Smoogen.

Translation patch has been updated today. The receptionist for the actual PWT (right side) actually lets you know how many more times you must win to unlock the next thing. Had no idea. I need to win World Leaders 4 more times for Champions. I thought that was neat.

Also, I tried the DLC Tournament the other day. Their alt teams are even worse than before. I couldn't get past the first person xD I think it was Norman, but his Giga Impact spam always gets me :/ It's tough one-shotting that Slaking, and it's so FAST for no reason. Not even Scarf'd because it either has that stupid Chople berry or Eject Button.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Translation patch has been updated today. The receptionist for the actual PWT (right side) actually lets you know how many more times you must win to unlock the next thing. Had no idea. I need to win World Leaders 4 more times for Champions. I thought that was neat.
I thought you knew that :D
It's pretty known fact :D
She always tells you *random talk* you need to battle xxxx y-times to unlock zzzzz :D

Old July 25th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

I was always too busy mashing to get to the BP stands No time for moonspeak! The main translation I enjoy is the tournament ones. I always forgot the order, but they got them and the gym leaders / champs themselves.

I got my first 3-0 all three battles wipe in Singles today! Had some close calls with crits (say that three times fast) but it felt good bro.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
pokevictor
Beginning Trainer

personally no i think they need to concentrate more on a new strategy for the games because it's been years of the something with just some changes here and their.
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Rhea2x5g
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I still think for once that the Pokemon company's running out of ideas by the second-- They just have this feature so that they believe people would buy it, but heck. I won't even buy a game that a company randomly puts features in. I want to have a reason why they needed the feature in the game. This feature was probably added in randomly to get more buyers.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here