The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:36 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eri Kamei View Post
Hehehe! I wanna join! ^^

Username: diegokamei
Partner(s): Woobat and Drowzee :P
-----------*----------------*---------*--------
Current Topic:
Does the amount of screentime dedicated to Team Rocket in BW bothers you? How?
-Well, Pokemon BW is not aired in Latinoamerica yet, but I saw something about it in Internet. Hmm, yes, I think it bothers me becouse -im glad they have accended ^^ - but like they are now more "professional" they just appear like 5 min. of the whole episode, but in previous seasons -like they weren't professionals- appeared almos the whole episode, and i liked that, i liked the crazy James, the total nuts Jessie and Meawth, but now.... Abou the time, nop. I would like to see them more in this season, no just 5 minutes. They deserve more time! Ahahahaha~

Hello and welcome!!!

I'll still watch the movie, but Team Rocket is generally the humour of the movies, so they've made a bad decision.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM
arbok
cobra pokemon

I've actually only seen a few BW episodes but i've seen about 5 now. Team Rocket weren't in three of them and they only had about thirty seconds of screen time in the other. It was clearly building up to some plot point but all they did was get orders from a rocket at the train station and later smash a shrine to what I guess was Zekrom (which admittedly that scene was cool).
I'm up for making the trio intimidating threats again but it has demoted them to extras when they stole the show from our heroes for the last decade. leaving them out of the movie is a big mistake, it'll be the only one they're not in... I don't like it....

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eri Kamei View Post
Hehehe! I wanna join!

Username: diegokamei
Partner(s): Woobat and Drowzee
-----------*----------------*---------*--------

Current Topic:
Welcome, welcome! :D I'll add you to the member list, but I'll add your Pokemon later because the sprites are crazy. Quite frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
I'm up for making the trio intimidating threats again but it has demoted them to extras when they stole the show from our heroes for the last decade. leaving them out of the movie is a big mistake, it'll be the only one they're not in... I don't like it....
Definitely! I don't understand the production crew. Dammit, even Shudo said that Pokemon without the trio isn't Pokemon!!! I hope someone can remember them that !

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope they have a stall/sell merchandise at the Unova league like they have in previous regions, I always find it so funny. They're really quite good at it as well. The TRio are natural born salesmen.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

I'm sorry to be so quiet. I'll be done with work soon!!! Has anyone listened to the radio show lately?

Old July 25th, 2012, 06:54 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
I'm sorry to be so quiet. I'll be done with work soon!!! Has anyone listened to the radio show lately?
I haven't, but I've recently signed up for Twitter so that I could follow them.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:33 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

I haven't seen any of that radio stuff but i saw the transcript posted earlier and they seemed much more like the trio of old.
I stumbled across something interesting the other day and it made me think about all the different 'versions' of the rocket trio. I thought that everyone has different ideas of what they want them to be. Really evil, sinister villains willing to harm anyone to get what they want? Ineffective clowns who have the ambition to be evil but not the ability? Or do they have a heart of gold they just try to repress but often finding themselves acting as the good guys because that's what they really are?
Also brings in their relationships with Ash, Pikachu and his friends. Do they really hate each other? Or do they actually like each other and the constant struggle between them is more friendly then it seems.
I lean more towards the trio being good guys in denial (James more then the other two) and that they really do like Ash and co (Meowth-Pikachu have a great friend-foe relationship). Wondering where the rest of you think Team Rocket trio belongs on the scale of morality?

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Rocketmon
Rocket Grunt

I'd love to join!

Username: Rocketmon
Partner(s): I don't know....

It does bother me as I don't think Team Rocket are being shown enough and in my opinion team rocket are the best part of the show, what is being shown is pretty epic but I do prefer how they were before. I don't think they suit being all serious
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmon View Post
I'd love to join!

Username: Rocketmon
Partner(s): I don't know....

It does bother me as I don't think Team Rocket are being shown enough and in my opinion team rocket are the best part of the show, what is being shown is pretty epic but I do prefer how they were before. I don't think they suit being all serious :P
Hello Rocketmon and welcome to Team Rocket! You really need to think of some partner Pokémon. From your avatar, I'm assuming you like Koffing, so why not make that one of them? Otherwise we have a large selection of others like Carvanha and Cacnea.
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Welcome Rocketmon! I hope you become an active part of our group! Darn, I really have to correct all the Pokemon sprites once again!!!

Arbok, I think you created a very good question! Where do the rest of you think the Team Rocket trio belongs on the scale of morality?
JJ&M are definitely good people deep inside. They have, after all, helped the good guys several times in critical situations. I think they have turned to a criminal life because of their difficult pasts, but they could get away from it if an opportunity showed up. They'd still remain mischievous, though .

Old August 7th, 2012, 03:10 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think they're good on the inside as well. They fought against Hunter J and against Team Rocket when they tried to catch the baby Lugia (though it was for themselves mainly, I believe it still shows their inner goodness).
Old August 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Man, we're becoming so inactive!!! I'm sad! Where's everyone? Especially now that we have an interesting topic to discuss!

Old August 20th, 2012, 03:46 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Man, we're becoming so inactive!!! I'm sad! Where's everyone? Especially now that we have an interesting topic to discuss! :)
Sorry, I've been on holiday for like a week with really bad internet, but I'm back now.

What do you all think about Giovanni's return in the B2W2 anime? Will the TRio survive?
Old August 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

No problem, and I wasn't really thinking about you ! I feel like we're the only 2 left!

I haven't watched the episode in which Gio returns yet!!! I really have to watch it now because I love Gio!
[Edit] Wait... I've just finished watching the last episode and he's not there, haha. You were simply referring to our expectations in general weren't you?

Last edited by Zayin; August 27th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:49 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
No problem, and I wasn't really thinking about you :P! I feel like we're the only 2 left!

I haven't watched the episode in which Gio returns yet!!! I really have to watch it now because I love Gio!
[Edit] Wait... I've just finished watching the last episode and he's not there, haha. You were simply referring to our expectations in general weren't you?
No, big things are happening with Team Rocket, well are gonna happen, and it isn't exactly known if they'll survive...
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

I've seen the preview which seems to suggest that their role is coming to an end. I'm worried, that would suck. I also hope they won't kill Giovanni.

Old September 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
I've seen the preview which seems to suggest that their role is coming to an end. I'm worried, that would suck. I also hope they won't kill Giovanni.
Getting rid of the trio is a mistake. They're just as iconic as Ash and Meowth is almost as iconic as Pikachu because of the anime. I also doubt anyone will die on the show, the very words are forbidden. Except in movies sometimes...

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
Getting rid of the trio is a mistake. They're just as iconic as Ash and Meowth is almost as iconic as Pikachu because of the anime. I also doubt anyone will die on the show, the very words are forbidden. Except in movies sometimes...
There was I time when I believed that as well, and then we met Hunter J...
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

username: Altomare
partners: Sandshrew, Carvanha (I can only see Grimer, Sandshrew, Drowzee, Woobat, Yanmask)

About the sceen time....well to be honest I loved the trio back during the early eps (kanto mainly) but I just got tired of them. Not seeing them always is alright for me, but they're always welcome to appear in future eps.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altomare View Post
username: Altomare
partners: Sandshrew, Carvanha (I can only see Grimer, Sandshrew, Drowzee, Woobat, Yanmask)

About the sceen time....well to be honest I loved the trio back during the early eps (kanto mainly) but I just got tired of them. Not seeing them always is alright for me, but they're always welcome to appear in future eps.
Welcome to Team Rocket Altomare, apparently the images keep breaking and we can't fix it, I suppose we could do a text list of them as well. I'm really excited, the Team Rocket arc of the anime is starting next episode!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
dewdott
Gym Leader Joseph

Nature: Brave
I would like to join

Username: Dewdott

Partners: ( Luxray, Zoroark, Lopunny , Staraptor, Lilligant )

BIG FAN OF TEAM ROCKET
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdott View Post
I would like to join

Username: Dewdott

Partners: ( Luxray, Zoroark, Lopunny , Staraptor, Lilligant )

BIG FAN OF TEAM ROCKET
Hi, Dewdott. You'll have to pick different partner Pokémon. Please pick two from the list on the first post.
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Hi guys! I'm sorry, I'm the worst boss right now. Too busy and stuff.

The latest episode just sucks. If it really is Team Rocket's last episode, it's the worst ever. Unless they start a TR series which I doubt.

Old October 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM
LenSho

Nature: Modest
This looks like the perfect place for me >=)

I'd like to join!

I have a few questions, If my username can be different from PC's I'd like to be called Noir, if not then LenSho is fine

Secondly, can my Pokémon evolve at some point? I need to know in order to choose since their only two.

Can I get a promotion after a while?

and lastly, What do you mean Last Episode??? I haven't caught up with Best Wishes, what episode is that? O-O

Ok now on-topic

Not really, my favorite episodes have to be the ones that focus on Wobbuffet, Butch, Cassidy, Giovanni and of course the Trio, especially if they talk about their past and their training in Team Rocket.

It's a shame they don't have that much screen time anymore, but I like their role in Unova way better. It's cool to see how serious they can be and actually succeed in tasks that seem way more difficult that stealing Pikachu. It also shows how long they have survived through all the generations and still be a huge threat (Team Rocket as a whole).

I really have to see the latest episodes >->
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Yes, you can be promoted, and then you can evolve one of your Pokemon! =)

Well, in their "last" episode, the trio, Giovanni and Prof Seger leave Unova and go back to Kanto. Either it was their last episode in Unova or their last episode in the show. I got scared by rumours to be honest, but there's a possibility they'll be back in another season. I won't be watching Pokemon until then lol.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links