• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Ash 493, can you believe my luck? I also found a Lv.15 Zangoose! (Another mini-boss that almost killed my team, though)
But since I already have a Pokemon named 'Killer' I decided to nickname it as 'Crusher'!
Pidgeotto dominated Victor's Gym.
Eevee defeated Angienette's Chansey and Crusher crushed Girafarig.
And Squirtle (now Wartortle) defeated the other leader's Skarmory, which for some reason was Lv.10, I suppose that's a bug.

Oh well, let's see if I can find another bad-ass Poke out there!
Once again, good luck DJG!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, how do I play this game? I've tried IPS patching, but this isn't an IPS.
Oh god... why people don't know how to use rar files...
Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract the contents...

DJG: It would be too hard to reply to your post, so I'm gonna write it like this :D
That 100 lv. Aron was in the cave where you get Flash if I remember correctly.
But I checked the wild Pokémon data and there were no abnormalities...
It seems to be similar to the 10 level bug...

@Vato: Not bad :D

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Once again, another oddity:

I went to route 3-B, where I found Tauros (4 times, all of them Lv.10), I caught one of them, I went to the Pokemon Center to add it to my party (I already had 6 pokemon), once I added Tauros, I checked its stats to see how much EXP it needed for its next level, then I checked my other Pokemon:

This is what appeared:

Eevee: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 447
Pidgeotto: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 974
Skitty: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 979
Zangoose: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 1817
Wartortle: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 961
Tauros: 317711618 (No Blank Spaces)

If I change to Battle Moves and Contest Moves (which by the way appears as C0ntest Moves), the weird '3' dissapears from all my pokemon, along with the blank spaces, but Tauros still says it needs all that experience (317711618).

Another thing, the flying-leaders Doduo is named 'Dodou'

EDIT: Went back to route 3-B and used Tauros to see if it actually needed that huge amount of experience..., and it does... dunno why, but it does.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
My Zigzagoon picked a Rare Candy, and I decided to use it on my Tauros that needed a lot of experience... and it skyrocketed to Lv. 100!

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Once again, another oddity:

I went to route 3-B, where I found Tauros (4 times, all of them Lv.10), I caught one of them, I went to the Pokemon Center to add it to my party (I already had 6 pokemon), once I added Tauros, I checked its stats to see how much EXP it needed for its next level, then I checked my other Pokemon:

This is what appeared:

Eevee: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 447
Pidgeotto: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 974
Skitty: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 979
Zangoose: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 1817
Wartortle: 3 (Seven Blank Spaces) 961
Tauros: 317711618 (No Blank Spaces)

If I change to Battle Moves and Contest Moves (which by the way appears as C0ntest Moves), the weird '3' dissapears from all my pokemon, along with the blank spaces, but Tauros still says it needs all that experience (317711618).

Another thing, the flying-leaders Doduo is named 'Dodou'

EDIT: Went back to route 3-B and used Tauros to see if it actually needed that huge amount of experience..., and it does... dunno why, but it does.

This is the "level 10 bug". Any pokemon level 10 or 100 is related to the same bug.

Here's what happened to me in regards to the bug:

Level 7 Ralts. Leveled it up to 10 normally, then required 300 million experience to the next level. Fed it a Rare Candy (which would be the same thing as leveling it) and it hits level 100. This applied for a level 10 Aron I caught, as well as a level 8 Magikarp (many appeared as level 10, but I tried to catch a level 8 one to see if it was bugged, and surely enough, it was).

In regards to Charmeleon, mine learns moves fine (Flamethrower @34, Wing Attack @36, etc)

Also, where in the world do you get Cut? It's in Twinkle Town, but from who?

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Cut is inside Twinkle Town's Pokemon Center, talk to a cooltrainer inside it once you've got at least one badge :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
And just for fun, I used wall hack to explore the rest of the region. Turns out you can reach Lilycove City! I also went into the Safari Zone.. :P Looks like the old stuff is still somewhere in there!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
This is the "level 10 bug". Any pokemon level 10 or 100 is related to the same bug.

Here's what happened to me in regards to the bug:

Level 7 Ralts. Leveled it up to 10 normally, then required 300 million experience to the next level. Fed it a Rare Candy (which would be the same thing as leveling it) and it hits level 100. This applied for a level 10 Aron I caught, as well as a level 8 Magikarp (many appeared as level 10, but I tried to catch a level 8 one to see if it was bugged, and surely enough, it was).

In regards to Charmeleon, mine learns moves fine (Flamethrower @34, Wing Attack @36, etc)

Also, where in the world do you get Cut? It's in Twinkle Town, but from who?

this might mean that any pokemon u catch in the wild (not starter) below or at lvl 10 WILL get hit by this bug the moment the reach lvl 10? sthose alr >lvl 10 when caught would obv not by affected anymore.

this bug is really a dampener on gameplay, lvl 10 gyarados and slaking etc. on trainers

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And just for fun, I used wall hack to explore the rest of the region. Turns out you can reach Lilycove City! I also went into the Safari Zone.. :P Looks like the old stuff is still somewhere in there!
Of course. Because it's not complete it means that old maps are still there.

And lol... from 10 to 100? xD Not bad xD
But it seems to affect only those Pokémon that are on 10 level in trainer battles...
But this is really interesting bug :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2015
this is NOT funny man....

you have finished this much work just after you ended the RDS?
you're so fkn crazy! awesome!! I cant believe that the hacking team is merely one man

as i did,looking oforward to another legend you're about to make :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Has anyone come across the glitch where their pokemon requires 317717636 points to their next lvl?, my poor lvl 10 ralts :( Great Hack Btw loving it!

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
u did it again im just wondering what ur next hack if ur making a new one?

wooot just notice jjgold is making a new hack o yes im exited if you read this i'll like to congratulate u on ur work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back