Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive

Advertise here

CANDICE

This time, "Veloci" responds pretty quickly.

-- archaicMiracle began pestering velociClamper --
AM: Yeah I had to learn the hard way.
AM: Will do then.
AM: And yes I am. It's the only reason I got a weapon.

VC: to your strife specibus? good! great!!
VC: ok listen I know this must seem a bit strange
VC: or very strange!
VC: but I want to help, that's all.
VC: so one thing at a time!
VC: I remembered about the pre-punched card! vinnie will be able to deploy it AFTER he's deployed the totem lathe!!
VC: according to a friend of mine
VC: it just appears in the phernalia registry then.
VC: oh don't mind the names btw
VC: vinnie hopefully sees and understands if you tell him!

RICARDO

That fellow sure seems to have conflicted feelings.

-- rampageTeller began pestering babelsEngineer --
RT: ok sorry i went a bit too far
RT: what i mean is
RT: hello, i'm your fairy godbrother blabla
RT: and there are some things you should deploy now
RT: and some things that are completely unnecessary

BE: You mean the free stuff?
RT: YES I MEAN THE FREE STUFF WHAT ELSE WOULD I MEAN!
RT: ALCHEBLADDER, CRUXTRIXER, TOTEM BLATHE
RT: ok sorry i'm calm now
RT: totem lathe first. anywhere
RT: then alchemiter. anywhere
RT: then cruxtruder and the pre-punched card
RT: DAMN I HATE THE BEGINNING OF THIS GAME

VIEVE

Eventually, in a timeline where you never realized this until someone saw you flip your pink wallet in the heat of battle, you will come to understand that if a weapon is stored in the SYLLADEX like any other item, it will lose its edge and not be as great as a weapon. Plus, it takes longer time to draw.

But if a weapon is stored in the STRIFE SPECIBUS - the green "wallet" - then a skilled player will eventually be able to draw it without even touching the green pendant. With only a thought. Plus, the weapon will stay sharp and strong and maybe even grow stronger as the player increases in levels.

Maybe if you realize this now and soon take out your STEAK KNIFE from the SYLLADEX and put it into the green wallet instead - making it KNIFEKIND - you will step into a new, more efficient timeline.

Of course, maybe the future for this VIEVE will be one who has another -KIND in her STRIFE SPECIBUS. Maybe you've already thought of putting something else in and actually keeping your knife in the SYLLADEX. In that case, sorry for enlightening you about a doomed timeline. But since you know all this now, that VIEVE will hopefully never come to be.

==> Carry on!

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤

Last edited by Adventure; July 28th, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:49 AM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
Dragging your mouse around the screen, you lead Vieve's brother around the garden, into the front door, up the stairs and into a bathroom. You chuckle at yourself laughing at your devilish ways and block the exit with, umm, oh god you have to find something fast!

There you go!

You smirk as you set a hefty tree in front of the bathroom door. What kind of tree? Like you care! Who would've thought it'd be so important to build doors that open into the room. The realization however, makes you remember your mom and you shudder. You hate that woman! God! She just will NOT leave you alone…

Suddenly, you realize one of your chums has been pestering you! Oh wait, it's just that weird blue guy… Let's see what he has to say:
BE: You mean the free stuff?
RT: YES I MEAN THE FREE STUFF WHAT ELSE WOULD I MEAN!
RT: ALCHEBLADDER, CRUXTRIXER, TOTEM BLATHE
RT: ok sorry i'm calm now
RT: totem lathe first. anywhere
RT: then alchemiter. anywhere
RT: then cruxtruder and the pre-punched card
RT: DAMN I HATE THE BEGINNING OF THIS GAME
You smack yourself again… OF COURSE he meant the free stuff!
BE: Thanks for the tip… I guess.
BE: I'll get on to it…

-- babelsEngineer ceased pestering rampageTeller --
Anyways, back to the game. Oh, that's right, you just locked Gavin in the bathroom and he seems to be inspecting his magazine. Now he's opened it. And he's… reading? Oh god you better stop viewing this as soon as possible. Scroll away, scroll away!!!

Back in Vieve's room, Vieve was apparently sitting down and typing at the computer. Meh, good for her, you figure.
-- babelsEngineer began pestering paintSplatter --
BE: Okay, now that I've taken care of your brother it's time to DO WORK!
BE: Are you ready for this?
BE: Because you might need to go get some cover.
BE: >:3
After giving Vieve her head's up, you go ahead and begin deploying the free stuff, in the order Rampage told you to. You decide Rampage is a good name.

First off, the Totem Lathe. This is the smallest of the three objects, and fits (tightly, but fits) in Vieve's mediocrely-sized room, horizontally along the closet.

Now you use the Revise tool to build a set of stairs from Vieve's bed to the backyard, and next to the stairs on ground level, you deploy both the Alchebladder and the Cruxtrider… wait, that's not right. Alchemitizer and Cruxifier? God! You can't figure out the names and you just deployed them… what's wrong with you!

Last but not least however, is the pre-punched card. This one you simply deploy on top of Vieve's bed.
BE: I'm done for now.
BE: I'll try to figure out what happens next…
BE: Await further instructions.

-- babelsEngineer ceased pestering paintSplatter --
-- babelsEngineer began pestering rampageTeller --
BE: Okay then, NOW what?
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

VIEVE

When you notice the machines and the stairs that suddenly pops into existence, you might want to take a closer look at them. You might.

That thing sits in your room and is about two meters long. It's got a shimmering purple-ish metallic color to it, apart from the green mark.

This can be found down in the garden where Gavin apparently no longer is. It's huge! Probably more than two meters wide.

And this last machine stands right next to it. This one has one empty screen on every side and some sort of lever. The lid on top of the tube seems to vibrate... All machines have the same color.

Also, on your bed lies another card, much alike your sylladex cards but red and with holes in it. It can be captchalogued.

RICARDO

At least he seems keen on replying.

RT: IF I WAS HER I WOULD SHUT OFF THE GAME AND CRY NOW
RT: BUT THEN I WOULD DIE PROBABLY
RT: DYING IS ALMOST NEVER A GOOD IDEA
RT: SO I*LL JUST DO WHAT EVERYBODY WANTS SO EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY
RT: freaking schemers
RT: OH ****
RT: LISTEN I*M ABOUT TO FALL ASLLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkk

-- rampageTeller ceased pestering babelsEngineer --

The hell?

¤

Last edited by Adventure; July 26th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Candice Greyson

Waiting for him to respond was awful. I couldn't take it in...every second felt like a whole hour. Maybe because I was always competitive in games, especially when it's one about life and death. Well, I'm not sure about that last part, but it's close enough. Besides, I still have a few cards left, right? A few of those pink ones.

"Why did they have to be pink? Out of all colors. Pink. How amusing," I mumbled to myself. With the swift movement of my hand, a wallet pops into my hand. The two free cards were still inside. 'Okay, so I have Mr. Fluffly, a pack of Mountain Dew, and my old skateboard. So that leaves me with two free spots. Oh the urge was unavoidable,' I make a mental note, adding a few quirks for the humor of it. Really, could it get any better? This game was made for me. "I wish I could live in this game with such magic," was what I wanted to say, but I knew Vinnie would somehow think I'm weird if he heard that.

Glancing around the room, my thoughts wouldn't stop clashing inside me. Too much mystery here...and that Veloci guy, or for now I'll refer to him as the guy named Veloci, is obviously my only ticket out. Nothing else can be said about the matter. As if on cue, the computer beeps out a notification from Pesterchum. It was Veloci again.

"Wow, that was sure quick," I say as I open the tab.

-- archaicMiracle began pestering velociClamper --
AM: Yeah I had to learn the hard way.
AM: Will do then.
AM: And yes I am. It's the only reason I got a weapon.

VC: to your strife specibus? good! great!!
VC: ok listen I know this must seem a bit strange
VC: or very strange!
VC: but I want to help, that's all.
VC: so one thing at a time!
VC: I remembered about the pre-punched card! vinnie will be able to deploy it AFTER he's deployed the totem lathe!!
VC: according to a friend of mine
VC: it just appears in the phernalia registry then.
VC: oh don't mind the names btw
VC: vinnie hopefully sees and understands if you tell him!

AM:It's ok.
AM: I'm use to the strange by now.
AM: This is also hard to say, but I do trust you.
AM: Not sure if it came out right.
AM: But you know a lot more about this than me and Vinnie combined.
AM: So yeah...
AM: The...phernalia? I'll make sure to pester him about it then.
AM: Somehow I hope I remember.

Okay, I managed to get that out of my system. He sure sounds nice and all, but my dad taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. As nice and helpful as he sounds, he may be a completely different person on the other side of the screen. Oh well, guess I'll learn the hard way.

The charms around my neck felt cold against my touch. Curiosity decided to take over, my hand playing around with the charms. Both wallets came out, one in each hand. Maybe there was more to this. It WAS magic, so there SHOULD be other ways to take it out. Already I figured out how to take out an item out of sheer thought...thanks to Mr. Fluffly! Oh Mr. Fluffly, such a cute teddy bear. Oh wait, what am I thinking?!

Dropping the wallet with the pink cards with one hand, and opening the other wallet with the other hand, the laptop started to beep and catches me off guard. The cerise charm forms back as I turn around and face the screen. It seems Vieve has finally responded back...and the memo also had her response.

-- archaicMiracle pestered paintSplatter --
AM: Hello there
AM: Hope you don't me dropping in

PS: Sorry, I didn’t notice these…
PS: I just did the most embarrassing thing, ever.
PS: Vinnie probably thinks I’m a blind duck. ):

AM: It's cool....what happened?
AM: I'm also in some kind of problem at the moment too.

PS: We got bigger things to worry about
PS: Hear me out this may sound a bit crazy…
PS: Apparently Ricardo can see me and he just made my wall vanish
PS: And what’s wrong? Couldn’t find a dress that you liked? :)

-- paintSplatter ceased pestering archaicMiracle --
-- archaicMiracle pestered paintSplatter --
AM: Please...no.
AM: Just...no.
AM: You're trying to make my day awful, aren't you?
AM: Dresses are just things I would never dare touch.
AM: But besides that
AM: You're not alone.
AM: I have no idea whether Vinnie can do that to my room or not
AM: But he deployed some...device in the middle of my room.
AM: Do you believe in magic by the way?
AM: I seriously do now.
AM: I swear I wont be surprised if I see a magic wand.
AM: Yes I believe in magic.

I had to stop there. Typing so much was so...not like me. Reading over it...I could tell I was going insane. Magic had already taken over my mind by then, apparently. Even talking about magic felt more like a dream. My dreams were always about doing spells and stuff. Although all I can do is take objects out of PINK cards for now...

The wallet with the weapon was still in my left hand. Looking down, I thought about the many ways I could somehow take it out without the need to constantly take out the wallet and card. Nothing came to mind though, so I pushed the thought aside and continued to the Memo. Time to read the Memo.

babelsEngineer added paintSplatter, archaicMiracle and bemyValentine to the board
BE: Hey guys, I figured I should probably start this up because I don't feel like typing everything I want to say thrice.
BE: Also, try not to clutter this memo with unimportant stuff, this is only for things of top importance pertaining to SBURB!
BE: Anyways, I just figured I should let you all know that I'm about to start deploying all this free stuff up in Vieve's pad(?)
BE: Wish me luck.
BE: PS, someone's started pestering me lately, I think his(her?) chumhandle is rampageTeller.
BE: Anyways, I know it sounds weird, but he(she?) seems to know what he(she?)'s talking about, so contrary to my better judgement, I'm going to listen to him(her?)
BE: Actually writing he(she) all the time is kind of tiring, so rampageTeller will hitherto be referred to as a male
BE: ****! I already cluttered this freaking memo by myself…
BE: Stupid!
BE: Alright then, I'm out.

archaicMiracle responded to memo
AM: I can add by saying I have a mystery guy, or girl, with the handle velociClamper, if that helps any. Vinnie already deposited some...er, I think it was Cruxtruder or something of the sort.
AM: I don't know about any of you...but I'm listening to what Veloci says, in this case, the stranger who started talking to us. Apparently there's...two of them?

paintSplatter responded to memo
PS: Ricardo’s too busy erasing my room.
PS: THIS ISN’T FUN

AM: Oh wow.
AM: I bet that's going to happen to me soon...

Maybe I should have said nothing. That didn't help at all with the conversation, but oh well. My input was considered good from my perspective. Now all I had to do was remain seated and stare at the wallet with the green card. Maybe it did the same thing like in the pink magic cards?

Wanting to test it out so bad, I take out the green card. With my free hand, I imagine the bat in my hand...and surely enough, I nearly fell off since what ever just landed on my hand weighs so much. Who knew this metal bat was so heavy? Looking at the card, the bat's picture was no longer there. Instead, my free hand, which is no longer free of course, was struggling to lift the thing. Standing up, I managed to raise the bat over my head with my two hands.

"Oh my god...it's so heavy! How does my dad LIFT this thing?!"

Without hesitating, I struggle to keep the metal bat with my left while my right hand reaches for the green card on the floor. 'Reach....reach....got it!' Slapping the two together caused the metal bat to disappear into the green card, which was now slowly falling down like a feather. I opened the wallet and kneel down, watching as the card slowly descends. Once it falls back, I drop the wallet and watch as it materialized into the green charm.

"I just can't get enough of this magic," I mumbled out, smiling.
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Vinnie Valentine

I watched as a huge machine drop in the middle of Candice's room. I nearly choked on my own saliva.

Holy hell, I didn't know it was so big!

Candice walked back into her room, apparently hearing the impact. She looked at it curiously, and then checked her computer. She typed something, and then pesterChum beeped Vinnie. He could guess what it said.

BV: Okay, okay
BV: Im going to send you some items...i think.
BV: some Velicirapter told me too or something
BV: They look cool

AM: Yeah
AM: Must be that huge device that's standing in the middle of the room.

Wow. She didn't have to be a prick. Vinnie disregarded this and watched her. She used a card to....suck in a teddy bear? What? Why did she take a teddy bear? Whatever. You see a new memo from Ricardo.
-- babelsEngineer opened memo on board INTO THE RABBIT HOLE --
You pause to nod approvingly at your choice of title.
-- babelsEngineer added paintSplatter, archaicMiracle and bemyValentine to the board --
BE: Hey guys, I figured I should probably start this up because I don't feel like typing everything I want to say thrice.
BE: Also, try not to clutter this memo with unimportant stuff, this is only for things of top importance pertaining to SBURB!
BE: Anyways, I just figured I should let you all know that I'm about to start deploying all this free stuff up in Vieve's pad(?)
BE: Wish me luck.
BE: PS, someone's started pestering me lately, I think his(her?) chumhandle is rampageTeller.
BE: Anyways, I know it sounds weird, but he(she?) seems to know what he(she?)'s talking about, so contrary to my better judgement, I'm going to listen to him(her?)
BE: Actually writing he(she) all the time is kind of tiring, so rampageTeller will hitherto be referred to as a male
BE: ****! I already cluttered this freaking memo by myself…
BE: Stupid!
BE: Alright then, I'm out.
Ugh. Ricardo, telling people what they already knew. I'm disregarding this too. Time to do some stuff. Like deploy the other two machi-

AM: Well then, here I am again.
AM: Just came to say that the Veloci guy is ordering me around.
AM: He said you should deploy...uhh, the other machines.
AM: I forgot what he called them.
AM: Too lazy to check up on the names, but I remember he said pre-punched cards too...

Oh. And I thought I knew something Candice didn't. That ruined the surprise factor. Well, no sense in making her wait any longer.

I clicked the deploy option, and selected the totem lathe. I dragged it to the kitchen. Why? I don't know. It looked like a kitchen appliance I guess. The Alchemiter went to the bathroom near Candice's room. Oh, whoops. My finger slipped, and I erased the toilet, and water started pouring out of the hole where it used to be. Uh oh. I really should plug that up....but with what? I really should be more careful, but for some reason this just seemed so surreal. I didn't really believe what was happening....but just in case this wasn't a dream, I should stop the water. I looked all throughout the house, but the only thing I could find to do it was the sofa cushions....but they needed to be weighed down. I dragged the cushions, and the water seeped through them, like I thought. So I put the fridge on top of it. It looked like a lego mishap from a child. Oh well, Candice didn't need those things...

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

CANDICE

Oh my. Suddenly your home got a few more appliances spread about.

That thing can be found in your kitchen and is about two meters long. It's got a shimmering sky blue-ish metallic color to it, apart from the green mark.

This, Vinnie dropped into the bathroom. Pretty much filled up most of the floor area there, unless you have a really big bathroom. Let's hope it's waterproof, by the way. It's blue, so perhaps that gives it some resistance? Because water is blue. Or wait...

VINNIE

The joy of creating and destroying is giving you an alarming sense of satisfaction. At least it would give any decent person that, don't you think? There seem to only be one more thing you can build for free now. Some sort of PRE-PUNCHED CARD. Doesn't sound like much to build, but perhaps you could leave it somewhere for Candice to play around with.

¤
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Vieve Gotle

Something is telling me that I’ll be needing a weapon to protect myself in the future or just from Ricardo! I don’t know why he can’t start figuring out this stuff faster. Weapons? I only have the knife but will that do? Mom probably has some sharp garden equipment maybe I should start looking in the shed. I’m hoping that Ricardo just doesn’t res-
babelsEngineer began pestering paintSplatter

BE: Okay, now that I've taken care of your brother it's time to DO WORK!
PS: YOU TOOK CARE OF MY BROTHER? How did you know I have a brother? What did you do to him?
BE: Are you ready for this?
PS: I mean I might not be his biggest fan but you can’t erase him from existence!
PS: Ready for what?

BE: Because you might need to go get some cover.
PS: Oh fuuuuuck
BE: >:3
PS: I hate you

paintSplatter ceased pestering babelsEngineer
I learn my lessons the first time and I'm not in the mood to be learning something again. Quickly diving under my desk happens to be the only thing I could think. After hearing something being set down on the floor I took some time deciding if I want to come out or not. Poking my head out seemed like the best options. Ricardo had deployed some type of machine right in front of my closet, now how I am suppose to get to my clothes? Ugh, what a typical guy never caring about clothes the way they should. Crawling from underneath the desk had to be worse than going under I never knew how much it hurt to hit your head on a bedframe.

“What is this? What does it do?” I'm yelling this out loud because maybe Ricardo knew something that I did not. The color is fascinating it's purple but yet metallic like most machines. All the wheels are beckoning for me to start twisting them so that’s exactly what I did.

“I hope I’m not breaking it?” Turning around to talk to Ricardo as if he's standing right next to me. His game vision must be coming from my laptop because it would be creepy if he could see me like, like the Sims! The wall now had stairs leading down into the garden but that's where Gavin's currently at! Wait wait wait, didn’t Ricardo say, “I’ve taken care of your brother”? Taking a look down the stairs, which by the way didn’t have railings, there are two more machines that are bigger than the one in my room. I slowly start walking down the stairs being careful not to fall over because then I would get grass stains in my dress. I carefully took steps toward the bigger of the two machines it is the same color as the one in my bedroom. Is Ricardo giving me some sort of weight device what's he trying to say? Climbing on it seems like a bad idea but what the hell this is some alternate reality! If I face some injury I won’t be affecting my real world body. I'm making my way up the darn machine in a very slow fashion because what if it's a Transformer? Gavin and I use to watch that show all the time but that's before he became Mr. Party goer. My worry for him is increasing with every passing moment Mom would kill me if somehow I am an accessory in his demise. Why did I decided to climb this thing it's enormous and I want off. There are lines crossing and turning on the weight reader part of this machine.

Wanting to know how much I weigh I begin jumping up and down on it because it's not telling me my number. Perhaps this is not what this machine is for, the other one had various screens that could show my weight. I took it slow the first time around but that's not happening again so I’ll jump to the next machine. Sounds like a crazy idea, I know but what’s alternate reality life without a few risks? Scooting to the edge of the weight machine I begin swinging my arms back and forth. The realization that I'm in a dress hits me as I'm soring through the air. Latching onto the pipe-like section as if my life depends on it which it didn’t because y’know alternate reality and all. Did all the machines have a wheel that you could twist on it? As I did previously I twist the wheel hoping for it to budge.

“Weapon! Duh!” Saying this out loud to myself or to Ricardo if he's still listening to me. No, he's listening to some computer virus telling him to destroy and rebuild and give me machines. I head to the shed after getting off that terribly wasteful machine. Mom had all sorts of tools she used and if she knew I am taking them to play with I’d be dead. Different types of spades, hoes, clippers, and shovels happen to be racing through my mind as I open the shed. The inside looks cleaner than anything I’ve ever seen in my life but I guess that’s mother for you. Instantly my eyes gaze over everything looking for anything that is sharp. I shuffle forward being careful not to dislodge anything from its proper place. The shovels aren't sharp enough, the hoes are too dull, using clippers would be a joke, and I didn’t see the spades. I spot the perfect thing in the back corner an axe. Sure it's more then likely too heavy for me but I’m not letting that stop me! I grab for the wooden handle of the axe and for my pendant, which I long since forgot about. I need the green ones, though I’m not quite sure how I know that. Picking a green one out is easy when I am not in a dumb shed. I swipe the green card on the axe’s handle then the axe is gone but as I hold up the green card I see its image on the front.

I make my way out from the shed and up the stairs waving goodbye to my new toys. I’m sure that they are really Ricardo’s toys because they are useless to me. I peer into my room to make sure Ricardo hadn’t added anything else without my knowledge. My bed looks so comfy what if I just take a quick nap? There's something on my bed that's red with holes. A big version of my other cards is what it looks like but it also seems to be able to fit others into it. I still had the green card in my hand what would happen if I stick it one of these holes? The beeps on my computer distract me for the time being it seems like the other have something to say.
archaicMiracle began pestering paintSplatter

PS: Ricardo put a machine in my room as well and two outside
PS: You think this is magic? We're playing a game.
PS: I'll believe in magic once I can breath fire out of my mouth at will
PS: He made me get my dress a smudge dirty, can you believe it?!

paintSplatter ceased pestering archaicMiracle
This is not magic what is Candice going on about? Of course I don't believe in magic because it's not real, right? Though Ricardo having the ability to vanish my wall, build stairs, and place machine wherever he wants isn't exactly possible but he did. Did I believe in magic? Should I believe in magic? I'm not sure, I just want my life back and I want my brother he always knows how to comfort me in these situations. I could not stop the tears, I'm crying for no reason at all or just reasons I would rather not admit.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT

Last edited by Vintage Arachnid; July 26th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

VIEVE

Someone is pestering you. Someone you haven't talked to before. This someone seems strangely nice.

-- velociClamper begun pestering paintSplatter --
VC: oh Vieve, don't cry!! ;_;
VC: you'll make me cry too!
VC: I know this must seem strange and scary for you.. it was scary for me too...
VC: and this is just the beginning.
VC: things will become even more strange
VC: but it will be fun too!
VC: amazing, even!!
VC: but it will be sad as well.
VC: I wish I was there and could help you! I would know how to make you feel better.
VC: but at the same time it feels so strange to talk to you
VC: and I think I will let someone else do it.
VC: but I am here and one day we will meet!!
VC: I hope ;_;

-- velociClamper ceased pestering paintSplatter --

Shortly after this, someone else starts pestering you. With another unknown chumHandle.

-- viralBlaster begun pestering paintSplatter --
VB: Hi.
VB: I will help you.
VB: Secrets suck.
VB: Make sure your server player is ready, because soon you might have to act quickly.
VB: Shape up, girl.
VB: I bet you are stronger than you think.

¤
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Candice Greyson

Everything felt weird to me now. No use in thinking about it, since I have better things to do besides contemplate. Ever since these events happened...I just...started to change? No. Maybe just the fact that I THINK all this is magic is making me insane. Reading over my responses to others showed how...cold I was. I mean, I knew I was cold and too honest, but this was too much. I would hate to be in their places and read the cold responses. Some of them are also so....weird. Obviously this wasn't magic, but something inside me kept screaming it was. Maybe it was just the child inside I never let go. Out of all times, I guess right now my need to be a child wants to come out? No. This is silly. All of this is silly.

All of a sudden, the floor started to rumble beneath my feet. Scared to death by this, it took me a few seconds to realize that it was probably more machines. Oh how insane I really am, aren't I?

"I'm going insane. Gotta stop with the magic thing...I'm probably making a fool of myself with Vieve and Vinnie now," I lecture myself, kicking the pole that holds up the bed with force. Like always, it doesn't even leave a dent in it. Such a strong pole, and never have I broken it. Maybe I'm weak too.

Walking out my room was already hard enough. I don't even know where my dad is! He wasn't in his room when I sneaked inside, and now I'm definitely worried. What if a machine fell on top of him?! Maybe he went to call the police?! Oh the possibilities...all this worry made me uneasy, so impatient. Without thinking, I started to run towards the kitchen, slamming the door open along the way.

There, in the kitchen, was a two meter long device. It's sky-bluish metallic color shone out brightly. Something took my attention though...it had that same green mark. "The other device in the middle of my room also had that green mark. It would be a coincidence if the OH MY GOD." Interrupted by the rumble of another device, worry started to take grip on me. Okay now my house is going to be destroyed. Great. I bet the floor is going to be cracked.

My feet took off at the fastest speed I could manage. I was about to enter my room when suddenly, I slipped on the floor. Water splashed around me as I hit the ground. "Great, now I imagine Vinnie getting a laugh out of this," I spat out, standing up. Then it hit me. Water? Wait...what was water doing in the hallway floor? Oh no. The bathroom!

Opening the door wide open revealed a gigantic mess of the bathroom. You would expect me to be angry. To be kicking or doing something insane, but I wasn't. There was another machine that somehow caught my full attention. This one was the same color as the last device, but wasn't skinny at all. In fact, it took nearly the entire bathroom to place this gigantic beast in. There was a platform I could stand on. Ignoring the splashing water, I jump up into the platform. Looked rather funny, but I just HAD to jump up on it. Why not show my childish side once in a while?

Soaking wet, I finally finished admiring the machine and look at the messed up...wait, there was no toilet? Instead, there was a pile of cushions that was topped off with the refrigerator from the kitchen. "Oh well, at least I got the Mountain Dew...maybe there's more inside?" I tried to calm myself down. Acting calmly, I open the fridge and inspect what was inside. A few foods were already spilled or thrown around, but like always, there was another pack of Mountain Dews inside. I could never get enough of those. Without hesitating, I take out the wallet out of thin air and take out another pink card. Slapping the pack into another free card, the water started to spill everywhere since the cushions had already absorbed their maximum. "I'll figure out how to fit these two packs in one card later...gotta take care of this before dad sees it," I talk to myself, dropping and letting the wallet turn into the cerise charm. There wasn't much I could do without Vinnie's help. If it WAS like Sim's, then maybe, JUST maybe, I could tell him to build a wall around the toilet, then erase a wall from the outside so it can spill there instead? YES. I am such a genius! But I have to slow down the water before my dad somehow notices it...but how?

Pacing back and forth, filling my sneakers with water, I suddenly get the image of the towels in mind. Picking a dry towel from the rack, I rush outside and slam the door shut. I then squeeze the towel into the small gap between the door and the floor. Unfortunately, it wasn't so absorbent, but it will do for now.

Breathing in and out, I get back inside my room and take a glance around. First thing I do is sit on my chair and start to type out my feelings. No need to hide them anymore, since I was going insane.

-- archaicMiracle began pestering bemyValentine --
AM: Yeah um, sorry if I seemed so...different and weird.
AM: And cold too.
AM: I'm going nuts.
AM: All this magic stuff? No.
AM: Don't believe that...I mean, what I'm saying is...
AM: I'm going insane.
AM: AND DON'T THINK I'M WEIRD BECAUSE OF THE TEDDY BEAR
AM: His name is Mr. Fluffly by the way...
AM: Oh god what did I just type.
AM: Sorry if I'm so...weird.

"What kind of writing was that?!" I whisper loudly to myself. Doing a face palm combo felt nice for once. I always wanted to do it...and so I do. I then do a double face calm combo, which hurt so bad. It was the right moment and the right place. Before I could do anything else though, I get pestered by Vieve. Her response didn't help, but calmed me down somehow.

-- archaicMiracle began pestering paintSplatter --

PS: Ricardo put a machine in my room as well and two outside
PS: You think this is magic? We're playing a game.
PS: I'll believe in magic once I can breath fire out of my mouth at will
PS: He made me get my dress a smudge dirty, can you believe it?!

AM: Yeah you're right.
AM: It's only...a game.
AM: Sorry if I seemed insane.
AM: I guess you just saw my child inside me or something...
AM: Oh great, now I can't type without saying something weird.
AM: And oh no...did he? Even if I hate dresses, making your clothes dirty is not a good thing.
AM: Oh, and I slipped on water so I'm soaked in water. If only we could switch places.

I stop there. It felt good to talk so much on here. The only reason I really am is...well, I really don't know. Maybe because this game caused me to go insane with magic and child fantasies...but they're right. I'm taking this a bit too far. It's only a game. Nothing less, and nothing more. Once the game ends, it might return me back to normal...and steal this magic away from me. No wait, not magic...more like "technology." Oh for crying out loud, I DO BELIEVE IN MAGIC. Even my head is jumbled up now. If only I had somebody to talk it out with...Mr. Fluffly? Pfft, Vinnie wouldn't stop laughing. Vinnie himself? He probably thinks I'm weird.

That reminded me about the bathroom. I had to tell him.
AM: Look um, I have an idea about the bathroom...
AM: Maybe if you build a wall around the broken toilet and fridge and pillows
AM: And then delete a wall that leads to the outside
AM: The bathroom wouldn't be filled with water.
AM: You don't have to do it...just an idea I had.
AM: Maybe you have a better one.

Last edited by Otherworld9); July 27th, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

You can't be Ricardo since I am too busy being him… now get out of my head!

Phew. Now that that's over (whatever that was), I'm free to worry about the stuff I was being worried about earlier… which was?

Oh yeah! I realize as I gaze back to my computer screen.
RT: IF I WAS HER I WOULD SHUT OFF THE GAME AND CRY NOW
RT: BUT THEN I WOULD DIE PROBABLY
RT: DYING IS ALMOST NEVER A GOOD IDEA
RT: SO I*LL JUST DO WHAT EVERYBODY WANTS SO EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY
RT: freaking schemers
RT: OH ****
RT: LISTEN I*M ABOUT TO FALL ASLLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkk

-- rampageTeller ceased pestering babelsEngineer --
…Rampage is going nuts or something…

Hmm… this could become an issue…
I should probably just admit to Vieve that my fairy godparent, or whatever the hell he's supposed to be, is bipolar or something…

Aaaaaannd… I couldn't have picked better timing to switch back to Vieve's screen!
BE: LOL!
BE: Oh my god, are you seriously pole dancing on that crux…
BE: -whatever?
BE: God I need to get a screenshot of this!
Unfortunately, Macs have weird commands for everything that I never quite remember, and the internet was being slow, so by the time I figured out how to get that picture Vieve was already gone… bullocks.

I went ahead and searched for her around the house but somehow I couldn't find her until I saw her coming out from a shed… I wonder what she went in there for, then promptly decide I don't need to know. What needs to happen at this point is for us to figure out what to do with those damn machines…

The Totem Lathe and Alchemiter seem to be pretty stable despite their complexity, which leads me to believe that we need to do something with the Cruxtruder first. After all, it is shaking. I decide to let Vieve know about my suspicions. Then again, the pre-punched card may also be a good clue…
BE: Yup, the screenshot is beautiful
BE: <3
BE: Anyways, I figure we need to do /something/ with those machines, so here's my idea:
BE: Figure out which machine the pre-punched card fits into
BE: (I'm guessing it /has/ to fit somewhere, right?)
BE: Then activate the machine and see if that works.
BE: If not, I suggest you break open the Cruxtruder.
BE: After all, since they're free I figure I can just deploy another one if that's not what we needed to do…
BE: Wait, are you crying?
BE: Don't cry!
BE: ****!
BE: What's wrong with you woman!
BE: It's not even like anything /that/ bad's happened!
Oh god!

That's reminds me of her brother! Gavin! I mean… the one who's name I don't know!

I certainly hope he's okay… I'm TOO young to have a murder in my conscience!
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

CANDICE

Your father decided to go out and send a mail. It so happens that he enjoys sending mail for real and not through the internet as everybody else insists on doing these days. He is simply too practical and creative for that. He is not back yet, so there is really no point in worrying about him at the moment.

Not that you know that, of course.

==> Carry on. Without worrying about Dad too much.

RICARDO

Gavin I mean the brother that you do not know, does not seem to be bored of his exotic magazine yet. The toilet also happens to be a pretty good place for reading such a thing.

==> Better let him... take his time and keep focusing on Vieve instead.

¤

Last edited by Adventure; July 28th, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Vieve Gotle

Crying at a time like this is pointless like these machines that are around my house. I just need to make sure that Gavin’s all right and then we can continue. If only Ricardo would tell me what to do with these machines because I couldn’t figure out how to work them. He probably didn’t either which means that we’re in some serious trouble. Glancing at my computer I notice how many new messages I had. When did I get so popular? Gavin would be jealous and proud right now.

Who is velociClamper? Wait, Candice mentions something about him/her in her memo post but she didn’t say much. Why are they acting as if they know me somehow? Asking all these questions that are never going to get answer is another pointless thing I keep doing. Wiping my eyes would be a good first step but I didn't have anything to wipe with. I’m not quite sure how to respond to this but I do my best without making a fool of myself, I think. How does s/he know I’m crying the only person that could have that knowledge would be Ricardo.
-- velociClamper begun pestering paintSplatter --
VC: oh Vieve, don't cry!! ;_;
VC: you'll make me cry too!
VC: I know this must seem strange and scary for you.. it was scary for me too...
VC: and this is just the beginning.
VC: things will become even more strange
VC: but it will be fun too!
VC: amazing, even!!
VC: but it will be sad as well.
VC: I wish I was there and could help you! I would know how to make you feel better.
VC: but at the same time it feels so strange to talk to you
VC: and I think I will let someone else do it.
VC: but I am here and one day we will meet!!
VC: I hope ;_;

-- velociClamper ceased pestering paintSplatter --
-- paintSplatter begun pestering velociClamper --
PS: You seem nice.
PS: I don’t know how you know I’m crying.
PS: Which I wasn’t! New mascara and all.
PS: I only wish I knew who you were…
PS: Thanks.

-- paintSplatter ceased pestering velociClamper --
That is much easier than I thought it would be. Lying is the only option for me right now, I can't let people know I'm crying over a game. Clicking on the next chat I notice that this name is foreign to me as well. Are these the users that are commanding Ricardo around? No the other ones name is rampage something or other. This one is offering help but the pessimistic side couldn’t help but think at what price? I can’t just trust these people that would be a mistake I need to keep my guard up. S/He wants me to make sure Ricardo is ready? What exactly are we getting ready for? Breakfast, lunch? Telling the time is a bit difficult when your eyes are all misty from crying.
-- viralBlaster begun pestering paintSplatter --
VB: Hi.
VB: I will help you.
VB: Secrets suck.
VB: Make sure your server player is ready, because soon you might have to act quickly.
VB: Shape up, girl.
VB: I bet you are stronger than you think.

PS: Why would you want to help me?
PS: Not that I’m rejecting your help but we don’t know each other.
PS: I guess it wouldn’t hurt.
PS: I’ll tell him.

-- paintSplatter ceased pestering viralBlaster --
Candice’s and Ricardo’s conversations are the only ones left. I didn’t know which one to respond to first. I need Ricardo to tell me where Gavin is and to get ready for something we don’t know about. I also need to apologize to Candice I should be respecting her beliefs. Everything is just getting confusing and I don’t have time to sort it out. Well, since Candice’s will only take a second I better just pester her first and that way it’ll give me time to think of what I’m going to say to Ricardo.
AM: Yeah you're right.
AM: It's only...a game.
AM: Sorry if I seemed insane.
AM: I guess you just saw my child inside me or something...
AM: Oh great, now I can't type without saying something weird.
AM: And oh no...did he? Even if I hate dresses, making your clothes dirty is not a good thing.
AM: Oh, and I slipped on water so I'm soaked in water. If only we could switch places.

PS: Hey, if you believe in magic I believe in magic.
PS: Us girls got to stick together. :)
PS: Which means getting you to the nearest store and getting that dress!
PS: Soaked? What is Vinnie doing to you?

I’m still not sure if believing in magic is the best thing to do. What harm would it do me? Candice obviously has a good reason to so that means I should at least give it a chance, right? Thinking about this now will only make the confusion greater therefore I’ll wait until later. Ricardo’s more important than some silly magic talk anyway. Pulling up the chat I almost instantly laugh. He had previously messaged me I guess I didn’t see that. I’m not much of pole dancer with this dress on but the comments made me smile regardless. I look like a raging mess I’m bet but yet he calls it beautiful.
BE: LOL!
BE: Oh my god, are you seriously pole dancing on that crux…
BE: -whatever?
BE: God I need to get a screenshot of this!

BE: Yup, the screenshot is beautiful
BE: <3
BE: Anyways, I figure we need to do /something/ with those machines, so here's my idea:
BE: Figure out which machine the pre-punched card fits into
BE: (I'm guessing it /has/ to fit somewhere, right?)
BE: Then activate the machine and see if that works.
BE: If not, I suggest you break open the Cruxtruder.
BE: After all, since they're free I figure I can just deploy another one if that's not what we needed to do…
BE: Wait, are you crying?
BE: Don't cry!
BE: ****!
BE: What's wrong with you woman!
BE: It's not even like anything /that/ bad's happened!

PS: First, tell me where my brother is.
PS: I need to know for peace of mind.
PS: Second, I’m not crying what do you take me as?
PS: I’m just not use to this new mascara I got and when I rubbed my eyes it made contact with them.
PS: I’ll see what I can do with this large card thingy.
PS: Third, some “viralBlaster” guy told me to tell you to get ready
The large card thingy is a lot lighter the second time carrying it. I back out of my computer desk too fast, which causes me to ram into my bed frame. I stand up to walk over to the first machine trying to see if there are any crevices or drives for this me to slide this into. None that I can see but knowing me it's right in front of me. I notice the green symbol for the first time it'ss the same one as on the waiting screen! Running my hand over it as if it validates that I’m actually in this wacko game. I really didn’t want to walk all the way down these stairs and back. Ricardo can switch these stairs to escalators like now. Does he really think I know what I’m doing, he should really be directing me through this. I start down the stairs before I turn back to look at the computer before heading down. The garden looks like perfection as always and let’s hope it stays like that. Holding up the big card up to the sun to see if it would shine through. It dawns on me that bringing my laptop would help because then I could communicate with Ricardo. Oh well, looks like I’ll be on my own for a little bit.

Old July 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

VIEVE

On closer inspection, there does seem to be a slot on the Totem Lathe where the pre-punched card could fit, don't you think?

And your new friend seems keen on helping. In their own way.

PS: Why would you want to help me?
PS: Not that I’m rejecting your help but we don’t know each other.
PS: I guess it wouldn’t hurt.
PS: I’ll tell him.

VB: True, we don't really know each other.
VB: But I know you will need to get to the Medium very soon,
VB: even though VC believes this bought you guys some time.
VB: And I know that we need you.
VB: And I will let you know that you need to open the Cruxtruder. The machine with the tube and screens. Use something heavy and bang the lid as hard as you can.
VB: Then, take a look up into the sky, girl. And see how SBURB really begins.

==> When you feel ready, open the Cruxtruder's lid in the instructed way. End a post there.

VINNIE

Uh-oh, now you're the one to get a frantic helper on you.

-- velociClamper begun pestering bemyValentine --
VC: what are you doing!?
VC: oh nevermind
VC: playing around is a fun part, I guess!
VC: but she'll need her house for a while longer so maybe follow her suggestion on how to get the water away would be good?
VC: anyways!!
VC: my friend thinks time is ticking too fast for us to keep playing
VC: even though playing is all this is about! well, not all.
VC: but in a way!!
VC: sorry. I'll try to be more specific.
VC: the cruxtruder! use that mighty cursor of yours and pick up something heavy
VC: and smash the lid off!
VC: but make sure that Candice is ready and stands beside!!
VC: oh I'm getting too nervous
VC: but there's no skipping this part :(
VC: just don't look up into the sky afterwards. or at least try to stop Candice from doing it, because
VC: that would make even her nervous!! :(

==> When you feel ready, open the Cruxtruder's lid in the instructed way. End a post there.

¤
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Vinnie Valentine

Candice saw the bathroom. Uh oh. She's pissed. Wait, what? Oh, she's pestering me....dear god. She's soooo gonna-

-- archaicMiracle began pestering bemyValentine --
AM: Yeah um, sorry if I seemed so...different and weird.
AM: And cold too.
AM: I'm going nuts.
AM: All this magic stuff? No.
AM: Don't believe that...I mean, what I'm saying is...
AM: I'm going insane.
AM: AND DON'T THINK I'M WEIRD BECAUSE OF THE TEDDY BEAR
AM: His name is Mr. Fluffly by the way...
AM: Oh god what did I just type.
AM: Sorry if I'm so...weird.

Oh, she doesn't seem upset. Actually, she seems....scared? The **** is this?! Candice never gets scared, nervous, or anything! She's like this emotionless enigma of emo! Or something. Obviously, she has emotions, but she's always so.....chill. And cool. Laid back. That kind of stuff. And cute too....does she have a boyfriend? No! Vinnie, no! Now is not the time to fantasize about girls! Especially Candice! She's probably in a lot of trouble! This game is ****ing weird.

BV: No, I really don't.
BV: hence the fridge and cushions.
BV: I'll try to build that wall
BV: Is there anything else I'm suppossed to deploy?
BV: Well, I see a card, so ill send it over regardless.
BV: Okay hold on a sec.

I sent over the pre punched card, or whatever it was. All of this English and made up words to sound like English ones had messed up my translation process. I mean, I'm pretty fluent in English, but this was all wierd stuff. It had me confused momentarily....well, I put it on her floor, next to her crixtruder. It wasn't that big.....wait, wasn't I suppossed to do something? ****, I forgot.

Oh yeah! The bathroom. Duh. I grabbed my revise tool and built a wall around the toilet, but with enough room to squeeze by the Alchemy maker. Is thay what its called? Alchemyter...Alchemeter....Alchemiter. Yeah. Those three words sound exactly the same. Whatever. Now I destroyed the wall on the other side. Water bagan spewing out of the house. Success! Candice was a genius. Damn girl, she's smart too...wait! Stop mind dating Candice! Mind dating? No......just.....just use the word fantasize again, Vinnie. ****, now I'm talking to myself in the second person!

*beep beep*

Thats my impression of pesterChum's alarm system. Pretty realistic if you ask me.

.....now some dinosaur is giving me directions again. Looks like he's been pestering for a while now...

VC: what are you doing!?
VC: oh nevermind
VC: playing around is a fun part, I guess!
VC: but she'll need her house for a while longer so maybe follow her suggestion on how to get the water away would be good?
VC: anyways!!
VC: my friend thinks time is ticking too fast for us to keep playing
VC: even though playing is all this is about! well, not all.
VC: but in a way!!
VC: sorry. I'll try to be more specific.
VC: the cruxtruder! use that mighty cursor of yours and pick up something heavy
VC: and smash the lid off!
VC: but make sure that Candice is ready and stands beside!!
VC: oh I'm getting too nervous
VC: but there's no skipping this part
VC: just don't look up into the sky afterwards. or at least try to stop Candice from doing it, because
VC: that would make even her nervous!!

Smash the lid off? That sounded productive! Maybe there like...a big cannon inside....or some really rare materials...or a diamond pickaxe! Something great, obviously. It wouldn't be so hard to get unless it was awesome. Err...something heavy.....I know! The rest of the couch!

bemyValentine began pestering archaicMiracle

BV: Hey! I fixed the toilet thing!
BV: Oh, and im gonna smash the cruxtruder
BV: velocirapter told me to.
BV: seems legit
BV: oh, and don't look at the ground when I do
BV: you dont wanna see it

A little reverse psychology never hurt anyone, right? Anyway, I grabbed the couch and slammed it hard (teehee) into the cruxtruder to knock the lid off....

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; August 3rd, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Candice Greyson

I have to learn to keep my cool. I'm not ever like this. Usually I try to keep my cool and go with the flow...I should do that. This insanity is getting the best of me. Oh dear god, I wish I could just swallow my emotions and let them go. That reminds me of a Mountain Dew actually. The two mountain dew packs are going to take up space, so might as well see if I can somehow combine them...

Taking out the wallet, I glance inside quickly. Snatching the two pink cards with mountain dew was easy now, unlike before where I went so slow. Guess practice made perfect. Ignoring my thinking, I managed to take out one of the mountain dew packs from inside. Throwing the pink card inside the wallet, the other one that still had it's own pack was still on my hand. Without hesitating, I gently slap the card against the mountain dew pack. Just like magic, the real mountain dew pack disappeared. Only there was one difference: beside the picture showed x2. 'It obviously means I have two of those in there. Sweet,' I thought to myself, placing the card back inside and letting the wallet disappear into the cerise charm again.

Okay, now I had two extra cards instead of one. I sure do know how to save space, don't I? Glad to know my intelligence was finally put to use in something so serious. Oh wait, I was being pestered.

AM: Nah, it's fine...
AM: I gotta keep my cool here...
AM: although I'm not going to lie...
AM: I think I might believe in magic.
AM: But besides that, thanks for being here.
AM: And such a good friend.
AM: To return the gratitude, I will teach you the ways of skateboarding
AM: It's a bit....dirty, but it's fun.
AM: Anyway, that isn't the point.
AM: Vinnie destroyed my bathroom, so I slipped and got water soaked over me.
AM: As clumsy as that makes me sound.
AM: But it's going to be fixed soon.

The fact she responded back made me feel a bit...loved? Nah, more like she's a good friend. It's funny how she doesn't sound different, unlike me who's going insane over magic and things. When ever a situation is dire, I swear she's more calm than me sometimes. More like a miracle I haven't blurted out non sense...but then again, we both do a good job of hiding emotions, so who knows what she's dealing with. If only I could somehow be a better friend...

BV: No, I really don't.
BV: hence the fridge and cushions.
BV: I'll try to build that wall
BV: Is there anything else I'm suppossed to deploy?
BV: Well, I see a card, so ill send it over regardless.
BV: Okay hold on a sec.

The fact he agreed pleased me. No wonder Vieve likes him...while slapping away these thoughts, the worry for the bathroom still lingered. It was weird, being in such a situation like this. My eyes dart around the room, looking for the card Vinnie was going to send. After a few seconds, I caught sight of a red card with...holes in it? It reminded me of the pink cards, but something about it wasn't the same. It gave off a strange vibe. To my curiosity, I forced myself to get off my lazy behind. I took out another pink card as I walked towards the strange card. This must be the pre punched card. Maybe it can be captchalogued? There's always a first in everything, right?

My left hand grabs the pre punched card. It was so beautiful and...not boring! In fact, so oddly different than anything I have seen before that I spend a long minute just staring at it. Being the one who spaces out a lot, it took me a few minutes until I realized I was just staring at nothing in particular. Shaking my head, I slam the empty pink card against the pre punched card. Suddenly, the red card disappears from view. Guess it can be captchalogued then? How nice is that. A question then pops into my head...can I store huge items? Then again, I couldn't store the devices, and they were huge, so maybe not.

Not wanting to find out, I slide the card back inside. As the wallet turned back into the charm, I sat down on my metal chair. It was the first time in ages that I felt it cold.

"The chair is cold...feels so nice," I mumbled, liking the cold feeling. Not that I was emo or anything, but I just prefer cold over hot, and ice over fire. You know, the usual about a girl like me. It wasn't long until I was pestered again.

BV: Hey! I fixed the toilet thing!
BV: Oh, and im gonna smash the cruxtruder
BV: velocirapter told me to.
BV: seems legit
BV: oh, and don't look at the ground when I do
BV: you dont wanna see it

He fixed the toilet problem? What a relief, my worries just dwindled. If only I knew where my dad went...but of course, I had bigger things to attend to at the moment...like Veloci. "So it seems Veloci talked a bit to Vinnie..." I start to say to myself. If Veloci told him to smash the cruxtruder, as weird as thats sounds, I trust the guy. He hasn't been wrong so far, so I have to see what happens from there. Can't be anything too weird...but what IS normal about this game? Hehe, nothing. Can't wait to see what will happen once he does smash the strange device.

"Yes, I would say the same about legit," I agreed, turning around and waiting for the magic to happen. Not that I still expect it to be magic, since Vieve and Vinnie would think I was going nuts...but I already was, so I didn't want to make myself worse. Wouldn't want to scare both Vinnie and Vieve again, would I? Then again, if it was Halloween, it would be perfect, but it's a bummer it isn't Halloween. One thing bothered me out of all though. "don't look at the ground when I do, you don't wanna see it." What did he mean by that? I always looked at the ground...unless...he was being sarcastic? Maybe he meant the sky? He did like to play mind tricks with me sometimes. Besides, I rarely even look outside my window unless I really had to. The window was too far away from where I am. Oh yes, I am that lazy. What ever that meant, I simply wait on my chair.

Suddenly, I see my living room couch floating in the air. 'The couch?! I guess he wasn't joking when he wanted to smash the thing.' Vinnie then sent the couch slamming into the machine, hitting the lid...

Last edited by Otherworld9); July 29th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Vieve Gotle

I’m not very good with machines so fiddling around with these is rather pointless. I know better than to give up because I don’t want to disappoint Ricardo or anyone else for that matter. Hopefully, I can find somewhere to slide this large, red card slot thing. The sun is still blazing but luckily my Mom keeps shady spots all around the garden. Pastel, open umbrellas are sticking out of the ground around a oval, glass table which has three chairs around it. We, Gavin, Mom, and I would sit around it after school and discuss our day. That tradition died a long time ago but sometimes I wish, I wish I could relive my childhood. I need to be looking on the good side of things I let the past affect me way more than I should. Well, here’s to finding this invisible slot this is way too difficult. At a steady pace I make my way to the weight machine to start searching for any crevices. Running my hands across the metal is a bad idea on a sunny day like today. I may have let some ouches out in pain though I guess I deserve this for not thinking about it. I must look like a wild child as I’m crawling around this machine on my knees looking high and low for something that’s clearly not here. Giving up is my only option I don’t even care to check the second one because it isn’t worth my time. Having set the card on the table I quickly retrieve it and head up the stairs into my room. I will never get use to having a staircase to my room from the outside, it’s just too weird. Plus, everyone in the world can peer into my room while I’m sleeping. I glance at my computer screen noticing a flashing light at the bottom of the screen which means I have conversations to check. Call it a gut feeling but since this other machine is so close to me I know I just have to check it again. I come to a stop right in front of green SBURB logo and see that there is a disc slot to down and to the left of it.

“Finally,” I let out a sigh of relief because maybe we’ll actually get someone now like home. I slide the red card into where it belongs then wait a few seconds to see if any lights swirl around me and send me to the real world. A few seconds pass, a few minutes yet nothing is happening this is just my luck.

Clicking on Candice’s conversation because I just want to vent for a bit and she is always good at listening to what I have to say. Lately she’s talking more than she ever has before which is great! I think that's thanks to me I’m slowly dragging here out of her shell. Next thing you know I’ll be able to get her try on a dress!
AM: Nah, it's fine...
AM: I gotta keep my cool here...
AM: although I'm not going to lie...
AM: I think I might believe in magic.
AM: But besides that, thanks for being here.
AM: And such a good friend.
AM: To return the gratitude, I will teach you the ways of skateboarding
AM: It's a bit....dirty, but it's fun.
AM: Anyway, that isn't the point.
AM: Vinnie destroyed my bathroom, so I slipped and got water soaked over me.
AM: As clumsy as that makes me sound.
AM: But it's going to be fixed soon.

PS: Skateboarding? That thing called balance I have none.
PS: How about you just thank me by wearing a lovely, pink dress?
PS: Oh, Vinnie. He’s messy.
PS: I’m too embarrassed to talk to him.
PS: Also, I just shoved this red thing into one of those machines and nothing happened.
PS: What if I broke it? Or worse it became a bomb.

I get that butterfly feeling when I see Vinnie’s name. It crazy because we already tried… I just don’t know where it went wrong but it did. I can’t fall for his sappy lines and charm anymore but as much as I say I won’t, I will. Why am I discussing this still? Ohh, one of those new people actually responds the other not so much.
VB: True, we don't really know each other.
VB: But I know you will need to get to the Medium very soon,
VB: even though VC believes this bought you guys some time.
VB: And I know that we need you.
VB: And I will let you know that you need to open the Cruxtruder. The machine with the tube and screens. Use something heavy and bang the lid as hard as you can.
VB: Then, take a look up into the sky, girl. And see how SBURB really begins.
PS: Cruxtruder? Medium? What?
PS: You seem to know your stuff so I’ll trust you this ONCE.
PS: Getting something heavy though…
Does s/he mean something heavy like a boulder? Mom has plenty of those in the front yard as decoration but I can’t possibly lift them. Could I use shovel or something? Geeze, I’m not physically fit for this kind of demanding work. I toss my hands up in the air in defeat and that’s when I notice my chain jiggle. I clasp my pendants then a smiles soars across my face as I’m having an idea. The green card I left to the right side on my desk will come in handy. Quickly snatching it up I make my way down to the Cruxtruder which is a mouth full to say or think for that matter. Flip-flops are not made for multiple trips up and down stairs this is why I need that escalator. Standing on the Cruxtruder to get into a good position to swing my axe but first I need it from this card. Can I just pull it out? I stare at the card before reaching toward it with my right hand. This is just plain weird whoever saw this was think I was absolutely crazy. Somehow I manage to do something right because it feels like I’m gripping the handle. I slowly set the card down on the machine with my other hand inside the card? I don’t know it’s strange as I said before. Bending over I do the same with my left hand as I did with my right. Bracing myself I tug firmly which delivers the axe to me but god it’s heavy.

“Got it,” I say as I ‘m raising up the axe to slam it down on the lid. I’m not sure I can do it twice I hope it works the first time…

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

>> OPTIONAL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE NEXT POSTS: http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/...ynchronization <<
>> PICTURE showing a CRUXITE DOWEL being carved in the TOTEM LATHE.
Yours is in the specific color of your character. (Red, Violet, Sky Blue or Slate Gray) <<

--
VIEVE

Your immense effort pays off. The axe does not hit with its sharp side because you are really bad with aiming still, but the heavy head bashes the lid off from the tube. It flies across the room as if it had been trying to get away on its own all this time. But something else also flies up, races around the room a couple of times and then comes to a stop in front of you, floating in the air expectantly.

((warning: epileptic light XD))
Spoiler:

It is large as a head and flashes in black, white and a violet color. If you try to touch it, it moves out of the way. It is impossible to reach. Yet, it follows you around, more like a curious puppy dog than as something that would like to hurt you. Nope, it really does not seem to want to hurt you. Other than your eyes with its blinking, perhaps.

Something else also happens. The black screens on each side of the Cruxtruder are no longer empty. They suddenly show a number, ticking down steadily from 9:00. 8:59, 8:58, 8:57... Whatever it is ticking down to, it will happen in little less than 9 minutes.

If you happen to look up into the sky, you will see something looking like an airplane zooming across the blue air. Leaving a very smoky trail behind. And seemingly getting bigger by the minute. Just in case you happen to look up, that is. Maybe you will not even do that yet.

You get pestered rather quickly.

PS: Cruxtruder? Medium? What?
PS: You seem to know your stuff so I’ll trust you this ONCE.
PS: Getting something heavy though…

VB: Good.
VB: Don't be alarmed by the countdown.
VB: Or by the Kernelsprite, for that matter.
VB: It won't harm you so don't think about it for now.
VB: The most important thing now is to carve a Totem.
VB: Turn the handle on the Cruxtruder's tube and a Cruxite Dowel will pop up. Take it to the Totem Lathe, you know, the machine that you slid the Pre-Punched Card into earlier.
VB: When both a Punched Card and a Dowel are in place, the process will start automatically and a Totem will be carved.
VB: Here, this pic will show you.

-- viralBlaster sent doweltotem.png --
VB: Wait, I gotta do something to help your friend. brb

==> Manage to carve a Cruxite Totem.

--
RICARDO

Oh my. Gavin seems finished with his business. He tries to climb out from the bathroom's window... and now he is out, walking on the roof with a mix of relief and irritation on his face. If he interrupts or bothers Vieve now... well, somehow you feel that it is imperative that you keep her brother preoccupied or at least out of her way while she is dealing with Kernelsprites and Cruxite.

==> Distract Gavin Gostle in another creative way. ((You are allowed to bunny him for a while))

--
CANDICE

Vinnie's couch-maneuver works. The lid flies off as if it had tried to escape on its own all this time. But it quickly becomes obvious to you that it wasn't the lid itself. There was something underneath which now flies up, racing a few blindingly fast leaps around the air in the living room until it comes to a wobbly stop before you, hovering expectantly. If such a thing could be described as looking expectant.

((warning: epileptic light XD))
Spoiler:

It doesn't only flicker in black and white though; it also blinks in a sky blue color now and then. It's large as a head and if you try to touch it, it jumps aside. It follows you around but seems more like a playful (and flying) puppy than like something that wants to hurt you.

There's something else as well, though. The empty screens on each side of the Cruxtruder are no longer blank. Instead they display numbers... ticking down steadily from 10:00. 9:59, 9:58, 9:57... Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it counts time. Ten minutes to something.

And if you should happen to look up into the sky, you would probably see something resembling an airplane flying across the blueness of it. With a smoky trail behind. And it would seem to get larger by the second...

After a while, you get pestered by... hang on, another new name? And this person too seems bent on helping you as rapidly as they can.

-- cunningFrauder began pestering archaicMiracle --
CF: Hello, honey~
CF: You are so different! :}
CF: Well, anyways~ Since VC apparently has fallen asleep, I'm here to make sure you survive.
CF: That blinking thing is called the kernelsprite and its your new friend!
CF: There's some business you should do with the cruxtruder now, I guess. It's ticking down, you see?
CF: But the kernelsprite is more fun so let's focus on that~!
CF: You need to PROTOTYPE it now, honey. It's when you throw something at it and cause it to merge with that thing.
CF: Then the kernelsprite will turn into your new BEST friend~!
CF: But don't use anything too dangerous. Or too lame, for that matter. It's a fine balance!
CF: Actually, it's preferable to use something that resembles a living thing. Or used to be a living thing. Or even is a living thing, I guess.
CF: Come on, prototype it with something~

==> Prototype your Kernelsprite. Once.

--
VINNIE

Uh-oh. Tulio Greyson is coming home. He is walking up the path to the house on the front side... if he sees the mess inside, who knows what he will do? Maybe ground Candice forever and discard her internet privileges! And then you wouldn't be able to see what happens next in this weird game. It clearly seems imperative that you somehow distract Candice's father and make sure that he doesn't enter the house until Candice is done with the Kernelsprite business.

==> Distract Tulio Greyson in a creative way. ((You are allowed to bunny him for a while))

¤

Last edited by Adventure; August 2nd, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Candice Greyson

The couch managed to work just like I hoped. I saw as the lid was sent flying off, bouncing against the walls and landing over my bed so loudly that I had to cover my ears. It was a miracle that the bed didn't break from the impact. The blinking light that came out of the lid was mesmerizing. It was some sort of light that bounced from wall to wall, as if full of energy. It wouldn't stop flickering between blue, white, and the occasional sky blue color. It was so beautiful. My eyes have never seen something like this. Watching as it playfully dashed around was a waste of time, but it was worth it. Suddenly, it slowed down, revealing it's sphere-like shape. Coming to a wobbly stop right in front of me, the epileptic lights were hypnotic.

"You're pretty cool," I managed to whisper out, my hand slowly reaching for the strange sphere of light. Right when I was about to touch it, the sphere quickly moved to the side. Blinking, I try to touch it once more, but it moved away from me again. Too curious to know how it felt like, I literally moved my hands around it, trying to get at least one touch. What ever it was, it kept avoiding my hands and refused to stay still.

"Gah, this is futile, what am I doing?"

I stop and stand up, glancing around. The opened lid caught my attention, wondering what could be inside...I mean, this cool sphere came out of it, so maybe there was something else inside too? Wanting to ease my curiosity, I walk over to the Cruxtruder. On my way there, I noticed that the screens now showed numbers. A bit surprised, I kneel down and stare at them. It was...a countdown? Oh woah, for what? So many questions, so little time. The main question was: what will happen once it reaches zero? From what I learned, it's always something bad, so I guess I have to hurry up. Vinnie should know about this, knowing that Veloci talks to him too.

When I turned around, I was a bit stunned to see that the flickering sphere was following me. I attempt to touch it once more, but it evaded me again. "Well, at least you'll stick around, right? You're amazing," I speak to it, wondering if it even understood me. This reminded me of that fairy-like thing in Zelda. Forgot what they call it, but they were small and can speak and stuff, but they were annoying. If it did speak, it better not be annoying like the that Zelda thing, or else I might as well know how Link feels. Speaking of which, that sphere suddenly zoomed past me and stopped by the window. It just floated there, blinking erratically. Ignoring it, I start to walk back to the computer. Before I sat down, the sphere suddenly blocks me and continues to blink erratically. The next second, it dashed for the window again, as if leading me there. Not having any other choice, I lazily get myself to the window. Looking out, everything seemed pretty good. The yard was green, the houses clean, the streets empty, the sky blue...wait, what was that on the sky?

"Oh great, an airplane on fire," was all I could guess from how small it was. Staring at the object that left a smoky trail somehow gave me a bit of...fear. Even worse, after switching glances between the object and floating sphere, I realized that the object was getting closer. It was then that the image of the countdown clicked in. The sphere...that airplane on fire wasn't here before the sphere came, so it was connected? The laptop suddenly beeped out a notification. Somebody was pestering me? Must be Vinnie I guess, who knows.

Getting myself on the laptop, the first thing I saw was the color pink. "Oh no. Why pink?!" I grimaced at the stranger. "I'll have to talk to Vieve about this soon." The chumhandle was unknown to me, making me wonder if it was one of Veloci's friends. Forcing myself to ignore the pink, which was hard by the way, I read what this person has to say.

-- cunningFrauder began pestering archaicMiracle --
CF: Hello, honey~
CF: You are so different! :}
CF: Well, anyways~ Since VC apparently has fallen asleep, I'm here to make sure you survive.
CF: That blinking thing is called the kernelsprite and its your new friend!
CF: There's some business you should do with the cruxtruder now, I guess. It's ticking down, you see?
CF: But the kernelsprite is more fun so let's focus on that~!
CF: You need to PROTOTYPE it now, honey. It's when you throw something at it and cause it to merge with that thing.
CF: Then the kernelsprite will turn into your new BEST friend~!
CF: But don't use anything too dangerous. Or too lame, for that matter. It's a fine balance!
CF: Actually, it's preferable to use something that resembles a living thing. Or used to be a living thing. Or even is a living thing, I guess.
CF: Come on, prototype it with something~

AM: Glad to know I'm different.
AM: A friend? It sure doesn't like being touched.
AM: And I guess I'll try out something I have right now to throw.
AM: Be back when I managed to throw something there.

With that said, I turn and immediately take out the wallet with the pink cards. I have the perfect candidate for this. Apparently what ever I throw at it, something will happen to the flickering sphere, so maybe if I throw something I know could be alive...like Mr. Fluffly. MR. FLUFFLY. PERFECT. Without hesitation, I follow the orders of some stranger I've never seen or talked to in my life and take out Mr. Fluffly from the pink card.

Lifting Mr.Fluffly, my eyes follow the path of the kernelsprite. It seemed very bouncy, and wouldn't stop dashing around. The countdown was already down to 7:43, which got me a bit worried. I'm wasting time here, all because I'm so slow. With my eyes on the target, I make a small dash and slap Mr.Fluffly against the kernelsprite. Jumping back to get some distance, unsure of what was going to happen, I look up and...
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

CANDICE

Jumping back to get some distance, unsure of what is going to happen, you look up and see how the blinking Kernelsprite - in a blinding flash of light - sucks up your dear Mr. Fluffy. When your eyes can see again, the Kernelsprite still blinks in black, white and sky blue, but it looks different. It's the same size but instead of just a floating ball, it now is a panda bear head, smiling gently towards you.

CF: Glad that you're different?
CF: Oh my, this will be more interesting than I thought :}
CF: Anyways, congratulations!
CF: It looks like you just created the fluffysprite~

It doesn't seem to be able to talk or make as much as a sound, though. Well, that's useful... not. But indeed, you have created the FLUFFYSPRITE. As such, the Kernelsprite now behaves a bit more calmly, almost overprotectively.

CF: I guess the fun is over, then, and we have to do the boring stuff.
CF: ... Or maybe we can spice things up a little first~! To make it more fun.
CF: Did you notice that thing smoking in the sky just now?
CF: If you take a look again, you will probably see that it's not only smoking. It's burning :}
CF: See, it's a meteor. And it's heading right towards you. About to go BOOM!
CF: Isn't it exciting~!?
CF: Do you want to live, Candice, honey? Do you want me to help you? :}

Oh.

¤
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay, so the lid flew off the cruxtruder and onto Candice's bed. And this glowing sky blu orb floats out. Candice started playing with it, and the whole time, I'm like Candice, stop messing with the orb. I mean, thats all I was thinking about. I couldn't even muster up a What is this orb, why is it here, what does it do? No. I take this orb for granted, and just accept it as the norm. I never do that. I freak out when I discover an NPC in Dark Souls I've never seen before. Like, OH GOD A NEW ENEMY I BET HE USES PYROMANCY IM GOING TO DIE AND LOSE MY SOULS!!!!. Not, "oh, an NPC." That probably doesn't make any sense. At all. Gah, I'm losing it. This like the end of that Stephen King book, where the guy talks about his genius brother who drives the entire human race into madness. What is that book called? I can't focus until I remember.

..........****. I can't remember it. So.....

I google it. "steven king short story about the guys genius brother" Misspelled "Stephen." First result: The end of the Whole Mess. Yeah, thats it.

" I have a Bobby his nayme is bruther and I theen I am dun riding and I have a bocks to put this into thats Bobby sd full of quiyet air to last a milyun yrz so gudboy gudboy everybrother, Im goin to stob gudboy bobby i love you it wuz not yor falt i love you forgiv yu love yu"

Jeez, thats what I sound like? God. That made me cry. I haven't cried since....yeah. Her. But this time wasn't that bad. I only cried for several minutes. Not because it was bad, but because it was sad, and I would probably end up like that at "The End of this Whole Mesa". Way to be theactical, Vinnie. STOP TALKING IN THE SECOND PERSON! Gah, I'm losing it broseph. Broseph? What am I, some metrosexual hipster? Keep it together, Vinnie. AGH- Oh, wait, Candice just did something. Her orb is now a panda bear head. Thats cute. Wait. What? Someone is in the front. Oh wait....Candice's...dad? Is coming up the walkway. Oh. If he sees the mess I made, he'll flip. And Candice will get grounded....I guess I should stop him before she gets in trouble. Or at least distract him until she finishes with SBURB madness. I scroll over to the kitchen. Nothing cool here. Wait, I've got a good feeling about Mr. Gryson's room.

I look in there. Score. Model cars, posters, and lots of knick knacks. Ugh. Lots of junk....why do Americans freak out about cars so much? They get you from place to place. Thats it. Cars do not "purr" or "sing" ....they drive. I should go into the- Wait, I got a new idea! I open the window, and send his posters flying out. The wind picks them up, and brings them right out front. Mr. Greyson sees his prized posessions flying away, and scurries off to catch them. Success! But I want more.....the model cars! I roll them all over the floor and under the bed, and into the hallway. Scattered everywhere. So now, when he comes back to hang his posters, he will have a mess to clean up too! Its the perfect crime.

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; August 2nd, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Somehow you're able to be Ricardo once again.

You let out a sigh. In front of your computer screen, you notice Vieve inserting the pre-punched card into the Totem Lathe. Unfortunately, nothing happens.

You see Vieve going back to her computer, and realizing that she doesn't seem to have any intention to hurry something nags at your conscience once again:
PS: First, tell me where my brother is.
PS: I need to know for peace of mind.
her brother!

You scroll towards the bathroom and stop. Damn, now you're starting to feel weird. You've been breaking Vieve and her family's privacy all morning, but the idea of looking into the bathroom now… even though its just to make sure of Gavin… I mean, Vieve's brother's well-being, makes you feel dirty… and slightly homophobic to be completely honest.

You decide to take a more… strategic approach:

First you check the bathroom's front door. The plant you set against the door seems to still be there, so he hasn't come out from that side…

Now you check the window, and much to your dismay, you notice a foot coming out.

"Oh no!" you think alarmed, realizing that a slip here would cause Gavin to fall and possibly break a bone or two if not die. Vieve would surely not be happy about that!

Acting quickly, you revise a small foothold under the window. You make sure to make it only big enough to give Gavin something to hold on to. You're still not sure how important Grist will be in the future of the game, but you sure as hell don't want to finish it right now, and you've almost used up all the Grist you got from destroying Vieve's wall!

You take a second to determine exactly how important Vieve's bedroom wall is to her before deciding not to test your luck.

As Gavin balances himself on the foothold you've just provided, he looks up and notices several other footholds he could use to reach the roof. He's pretty sure he's never seen these before, but he's also pretty sure his magazines are not supposed to be able to fly, so he simply uses them to climb up.

Suddenly you facepalm yourself. Hard.

The point of leading Gavin up into the roof was to avoid having him notice the new… backyard decorations you set, but from the roof, they'll be pretty simple to see anyways.

Noticing that Gavin has still not reached the roof, you take a second to revise a square hole into the roof above his room before covering it with a trapdoor.

Thankfully, Gavin's curiosity got the best of him, and he jumps down the trapdoor, into his room, before noticing that there is a wall where his door should have been, that his bed is on the other side of the room, that his "stash" is completely uncovered, and that there were now bars behind his window. Trapped!

He furrows his eyebrows concernedly as you smile knowingly at yourself, patting your own back… despite knowing that now you're surely running out of Grist.
PS: Third, some “viralBlaster” guy told me to tell you to get ready.
BE: Get ready for what?
BE: And what's that glowy thing behind you?
Unknown to you, you had just missed the most important step of SBURB. Therefore, you don't know what that glowing purple sphere is. You don't understand how to obtain it, or what to do with it. You completely have no idea that your teammate has a freaking axe for a weapon, and most ominously of all, you completely fail to notice the counter on the Cruxtruder, which now reads:
7:59

Last edited by drunk ¬_¬; August 2nd, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Vieve Gotle

The axe works the first time and it causes the lid to fly off into the sky. I’m not sure where it’s going to land probably the street in front of my house. I need to make sure that I start practicing with this axe if I ever want to get good at aiming it. A blur dashes pass me as if it’s free from being in the device but I couldn’t see what it is. I try to take a step forward then I remember I’m on a broken machine and that might not be the best idea. Plus, I’m still handing this heavy axe, which I’m not quite sure how to put back in the card. With a sigh I toss the axe down onto the grass hoping it would magically disappear into the card. Needless to say it doesn’t and that’s when I remember I need to get that green card. I look down to my feet that are way dirtier than they should be, thanks SBURB. Deciding to pick up the card then jump down from the machine is one of my brighter ideas of the day. Why isn’t this day over with or would it never end? I rearrange my dress as I walk (three steps) over to my axe, which unsurprisingly didn’t land very far away from the Cruxorsomething. Collapsing in the grass is not my idea of relaxing but neither is doing physical labor. Okay, so maybe I’m not that tired from swinging an axe once but today itself has just been taxing and stressful. I swipe/put/place the green card on my weapon of choice then detach the green pendant to return the card to its rightful place.

My personal space is broken by a rapidly blinking light that isn’t shutting off. I only like it when it flashes a violet color the black and white isn’t too appealing to me. I slowly stick my hand out to try and grab it to see if I can pull it closer but it darts out of reach. I’m standing up now because this thing is intriguing me and the grass is itchy. It’s the size of about, well, my head except it’s more spherical and moves a lot more. Has someone been feeding this thing energy drink, wait, what exactly is this thing? I’m beginning to learn not to ask so more questions and just go with it. It starts circling me, which I in turn try to keep up with it by spinning in a circle. Apparently this thing doesn’t get dizzy but I do! I’m leaning on the Cruxorsomething for support when I see that its screens are on and my weight isn’t on it but some kind of countdown. 8:57… 8:56… 8:55… What the hell is going on? A countdown to what? This thing is a bomb, isn’t it? I decide to just run for the stairs even though if it is a bomb I am still dead. This thought doesn’t stop me as I run as quickly as I can up the stairs and into my room.

Out of breathe and apparently almost out of time I hop on my computer to tell the others that I’m dead. First, I would curse 'til the heavens turn black at Ricardo for putting me in this mess. Next tell Candice that a black dress is going to be a requirement for my funeral. Vinnie is complicating because I’m not sure what I want to tell him so I’m just going to say bye. I start to type a message to Ricardo when I notice that viralBlaster person response is blinking.
VB: Good.
VB: Don't be alarmed by the countdown.
VB: Or by the Kernelsprite, for that matter.
VB: It won't harm you so don't think about it for now.
VB: The most important thing now is to carve a Totem.
VB: Turn the handle on the Cruxtruder's tube and a Cruxite Dowel will pop up. Take it to the Totem Lathe, you know, the machine that you slid the Pre-Punched Card into earlier.
VB: When both a Punched Card and a Dowel are in place, the process will start automatically and a Totem will be carved.
VB: Here, this pic will show you.

-- viralBlaster sent doweltotem.png --
VB: Wait, I gotta do something to help your friend. brb
PS: This is a lot to take in.
PS: Carve a Totem?
PS: Man, you couldn’t tell me this before I ran up the stairs?
PS: Fine, fine.
PS: My friend? Which one? They’re going through this?
S/He is in contact with one of my friends? That means Candice, right? I don’t have time for this I have to carve a totem. I click on the picture to get a sense of what I’m suppose to do before I head down the stairs. The bright flashy thing is the Kernelsprite and the countdown isn’t a bomb, gotcha. I notice that the Kernelsprite follows me wherever I go as it is currently floating behind me. I hope it’s ready for another adventure because I sure am not. I make my way down to the Cruxtruder, what is this my fourth trip? Ricardo could’ve at least put them all in my living room so I don’t have to walk very far. The flashing lights are going to give me a headache somehow I need to get it to stop. Stopping at the base of the Cruxtruder I turn around and swing out my hand to try to capture the Kernelsprite. It seems to have the reaction time of a God because it avoids my hand with no problem. I let out a sigh and got on the Cruxtruder to start turning the wheel. I start the process with a big turn and keep doing so until I see violet color block coming up from out of the tube. I’m starting to wonder why all of the things I receive are violet in color. There are the machines, Kernelsprite, and now this totem thing. I finish turning the wheel and grab the totem it isn’t as heavy as I thought it would be.

“Come on, Kernel,” I know that I don’t even have to tell it to follow for it to but it feels like the right thing to do. The journey back to my room is the same as the last eight hundred times but with a totem thing. At the top of the stairs I notice the countdown, which viralBlaster said not to worry about but I couldn’t help it. 7:54… 7:53…7:52… Whatever it’s counting down to is something I don’t want to be apart of. Entering my room I see Tiberius napping on the top of one of my plants but I just leave him there for now. I settle the totem into the Totem machine like the picture instructs me to and twist the wheel. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Tiberius jump from the plant onto the Kernelsprite! It’s probably too busy paying attention to me and not to Tiberius but what happens if they are to make contact…?

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

--
VINNIE

Success! Mr Greyson is truly annoyed and probably thinks that Candice is up to something. Maybe that wasn't a complete success. But at least it will take some time before he has finished gathering up his posters and barge inside. Only to see the mess there. Yeah, the diversion is a success.

--
RICARDO

You just trapped Vieve's twin brother in his own room. Feelings of fear are probably welling up inside him now. Either that, or he's just plain grumpy and decides to sit around not doing anything constructive for a while until someone explains this mess to him. So, mission successful. Let's hope that he doesn't peek up through the hole in the roof and sees the orange sky and the impending doom getting closer...

--
VIEVE

For some reason, it doesn't seem like the Kernelsprite wants to avoid a kitten jumping at it. Tiberius and the Kernelsprite collide in a blinding flash of light. When your eyes manage to see clearly again, the floating ball is no longer a floating ball. It's a hovering kitten's head. Still flashing in black, white and violet.

PS: This is a lot to take in.
PS: Carve a Totem?
PS: Man, you couldn’t tell me this before I ran up the stairs?
PS: Fine, fine.
PS: My friend? Which one? They’re going through this?

VB: I know it is. You'll get used to all the strangeness eventually.
VB: And no, you didn't have a computer downstairs.
VB: The tomboy. Candice.
VB: Chatting with the others will have to wait, though. Concentrate on me and Ricardo.
VB: Oh.
VB: You prototyped your sprite without my help. That's impressive.
VB: Congratulations. It seems you now have the Kittensprite.

Kittensprite? So this person knows the name of your friends, but not the name of your pets. Clearly, this is - if anything - the TIBERIUSPRITE. Merging the Kernelsprite with a kitten seems to have made it more playful.

VB: But this means that you are ready to go.
VB: Ready to enter the Medium. And don't try to refuse. Because you'll have to enter.
VB: Look up and you'll see why.

This time you do look up. Into the sky, not into your ceiling. And you see that the sky isn't as blue and calm anymore. A flaming inferno is falling down through the sky. Straight towards you. A meteor. The sky is turning into a creepy, orange color. It can't be more than a few minutes until the impact. Minutes... like the countdown on the Cruxtruder!

¤
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Candice Greyson

What I saw was some sort of magical thing. I'm not even joking this time, so different and vibrant...it was a FLUFFYSPRITE, or so I would call it since I combined Mr.Fluffy and that Sprite together. It looked not only adorable and irresistible, but so awesomely exciting. This was magic, I'm sure of it! I knew magic existed! I had to tell Vieve all about this!

It wasn't long until I got a notification from the computer. Maybe it was that same stranger pestering me. I forgot her name...hm, or I think it's a girl since the font is pink, but who knew. Maybe I should ask if it's a boy or girl? No, I'll just wait and see if the person ever mentions it. I prefer to play mind games anyway, like I did with Vieve, Ricardo, and Vinnie. Also, from the looks of it, she responded back right after I left. How did I not hear the notification? Guess the sprite really took over my mind there...

CF: Glad that you're different?
CF: Oh my, this will be more interesting than I thought :}
CF: Anyways, congratulations!
CF: It looks like you just created the fluffysprite~

There was more to read, but I looked at the sprite. It blinked erratically from sky blue, to black, and to white. A very amazing, spectacular, and beautiful sight. I couldn't get my eyes off of Mr. Fluffy when I had him as a doll...but he looked adorable the way he flashed so much! He can follow me everywhere! Like a real pet! I always wanted a pet too! This is going to be sooo cool! I managed to shake my head, trying to get back on track. Staring at the computer, I read the rest this person had for me.

CF: I guess the fun is over, then, and we have to do the boring stuff.
CF: ... Or maybe we can spice things up a little first~! To make it more fun.
CF: Did you notice that thing smoking in the sky just now?
CF: If you take a look again, you will probably see that it's not only smoking. It's burning :}
CF: See, it's a meteor. And it's heading right towards you. About to go BOOM!
CF: Isn't it exciting~!?
CF: Do you want to live, Candice, honey? Do you want me to help you? :}

AM: Fluffysprite?
AM: I thought the same thing...I know...Mr. Fluffy looks better as a sprite now.
AM: Boring stuff?
AM: I'm basically boring.
AM: A meteor???
AM: Well, I guess it wasn't a plane in smoke...but...a meteor..coming right at me...
AM: Oh yes, very exciting indeed.
AM: I am jumping up and down.
AM: But yes, I want to live.
AM: Please help me so that the meteor wont come any closer...
AM: Literally closer.

I decided to call this girl Frauder. It was her chumhandle, and it would make my way of thinking that much more fun. Besides, I really needed to get on with it. I also wanted to pester Vieve about Frauder, but right now I wanted to do anything so that...THAT METEOR will not hit home. Like, literally, crash here. Everything felt so unreal, so fake...but so good. Here I was a junkie for the paranormal stuff, ghosts, and even magic. Now I'm starting to think that magic exists, and a meteor is coming right at me. All I can do now is wait for Frauder's response and see what she orders me to do next. She's basically all I have now to survive...if it's a she. Oh, and also Vinnie. He probably knows more than I do right now.

Then it hit me. How did she know it was called Fluffysprite? How? Too curious to know, I get back on and ask Frauder. It seriously disturbed me...not sure if she'll respond, since I have no idea if they answer questions, but it's worth a try.

AM: How did you know it was a Fluffysprite anyway?
AM: Unless I said it out loud without knowing...
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Vieve Gotle

I almost let out a scream as I see Tiberius make contact with the Kernelsprite and for whatever reason it didn’t move! A burst of light overcomes me making it so that I cannot see what’s happening. I shut my eyes waiting for the brightness to dim down to a manageable level. Squinting open my eyes I see that the Kernelsprite is floating in front of me but it looks different. I rub my eyes to make sure I’m seeing this sight right. My Kernelsprite is now Tiberius but it’s only Tiberius’s head. What the hell? It’s still blinking violet, white, and black but now it’s cuter.

This is all too weird for me I need to hurry up and get this over with. In time I know that this is only going to get stranger than what I'm already experiencing. I wonder if Candice's in the same situation as me right now? I twist the totem a final time before handing back over to my computer hoping to get more information. Kernelsprite no I’m calling him Tiberius because it’s less of a mouthful. I’m wondering if he is still alive and what exactly happen when they merged? Am I ever going to get Tiberius back to his normal self? What do I need to do to get him back to me in one piece? I hate this game. Okay, settling down is something I need to do. Right! Check those messages...
VB: I know it is. You'll get used to all the strangeness eventually.
VB: And no, you didn't have a computer downstairs.
VB: The tomboy. Candice.
VB: Chatting with the others will have to wait, though. Concentrate on me and Ricardo.
VB: Oh.
VB: You prototyped your sprite without my help. That's impressive.
VB: Congratulations. It seems you now have the Kittensprite.

PS: Candice…
PS: Don’t you hurt her!
PS: His name is Tiberius. So, Tiberiusprite but that’s a mouthful.

I see a message from Ricardo but like usual he hasn't given me the answers to what I want the most. The others knew how stubborn I could be when I want things my way and that's exactly what I'm going to be. That phrase "it's my way or the highway" comes into effect with me because I'm not one to mess around with. I prefer to be the nice, gentle Vieve but sometimes I turn into a female dog and that's fine with me.
BE: Get ready for what?
BE: And what's that glowy thing behind you?

PS: I'm not talking to you until I know where Gavin is.
Just then I get a playful nudge from Tiberius signaling he wants to do something or wants to be scratch. I shoo him away because frankly I have no time for either. I’m wondering if everything’s okay with Vinnie and Candice but mostly Candice. I read the rest of the messages that Blaster sent, yeah, I’m calling him/her that for sure. I’m just going to assume it’s a her because well because.
VB: But this means that you are ready to go.
VB: Ready to enter the Medium. And don't try to refuse. Because you'll have to enter.
VB: Look up and you'll see why.

PS: Medium? What are you talking about?
PS: Look up?
I look up but only see my ceiling but I then figure she up as in outside. I’m standing up quicker than I realize and get closer to the stairs. I peer up into the sky and am holding my breathe in the following seconds. There is something coming down like a fallen airplane and there is no way I could avoid it. This is fantastic just as I evade the bomb or rather what I think is a bomb I face another terror. I squint and squint trying to figure out exactly what this thing is? I'm figuring it's just a crashing plane but something tells me it's not. Is it an asteroid because that would totally make sense! Maybe it will grant me super powers or something. This is the only way I knew how to stay calm by cracking dumb jokes though I think they're pretty clever. Gavin always hates them but who cares what he thinks? If it's not at the bottom of a bottle he doesn't give two... Maybe I won't use that kind of language. Even though I dislike this particular hobby of his he was still my brother, my twin brother. I'm worrying about him even more since Ricardo hasn't made a response to my messages about him. Will SBURB take all of my friends and family leaving me lonely?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here