The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
I FIXED IT
My revised application
Let me know if I made the team coach.

Name: Haru Hatake

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Cubchoo

Appearance: Like a Unova ace trainer with long shaggy light brown hair. He’s about five feet, five inches, a bit short for his age. He wears glasses with frames the shape of leaves. He prefers to wear khaki shorts, and wears a large variety of shirts, ranging from dressy polos, to plain white t-shirts. He’s a skinny boy about ninety-six pounds. His hair is long, shaggy, and a bit curly at the ends, and a light brownish color. He has a face that looks mature for what age he is. He has an angular chin, and a tell tale sign of a beard. His voice is unnaturally deep for his age, which has led to ridicule in the past. He isn’t gorgeous, but he definitely not ugly. His muscles are there, but there not big. He has strong legs however, and his brain muscle is bigger than that.

Personality: He’s a lighthearted kid fourteen years old. He doesn’t care what people say about him, he just wants to belong. He’s a bit of an oddball, and kind of a flirt, but he knows what a good friend is, and he’s as loyal a friend as anyone could be. He won’t let people hurt his friends, and he would kill the man who would dare to harm a Pokemon. He’s clever, and can be a bit of a “smart ass”, which has also led to being made fun of. He again doesn’t care what people think of him, so he tends to act on impulse, and gets in trouble for it on occasion. Whenever someone insults him, he just shrugs it off and says a snappy comeback and moves on. He may seem unlikable on the outside, but on the inside he can be sweet and caring. He hates watching people in pain and would do anything to help.

Role Play Sample: The boat pulled ashore and a lively figure leapt off the bow, completely ignoring the gangplank. “See you guys when I’m famous” he called out to the crew of the S.S. Magikarp, and walked slowly to the solitary tent on the beachhead. The energetic young man strode into the tent full of confidence, and a bit of swagger.

Everybody in the tent gave him a strange look, and he just looked back with a huge grin on his face. ”Haru. Haru Hatake. Future explorer, future celebrity.” Everyone just kept staring at the boy like he was mad. The light reflected off of his long, curly light brown hair, so nobody could get a clear look at him. A voice from the crowd of people called out, “Who the hell are you?” He just kept grinning and repeated his earlier statement, and took a seat. Just watching what was going down.

The professors were hard at work, and the explorers were gathering supplies and checking on their Pokemon teams. Haru, however, just sat in the corner and watched. Finally a man had to know what he was doing, and asked him what he was doing here. “Why is everyone else here? I’m here to get fame and glory. If I’m lucky, treasure.” His hazel eyes lit up when that word came out.

The man laughed, disbelieving that such a small child could be an explorer. “Keep telling yourself that son” and he walked off, leaving Haru steaming and wanting to punch the man in the jaw. He skulked in the corner and continued to watch the goings on.

While he sat there pouting, he noticed a shadow hanging over him. He looked up to see his role model, Dr. Laughner. He smiled. “Doctor Arden Stone!” he exclaimed loudly. “I’ve read your books, I like your research.” He started to fire question after question off.

The man laughed and sighed. “No son. You've confused me. I'm Doctor Laughner, and your Haru Hatake. I’ve seen your swagger, and I like your attitude.” Haru grinned and brushed invisible dust off his shoulders. The doctor laughed. “You have confidence. That’s exactly what I’m looking for.” He chuckled. “How do you feel about adventure mixed with Pokemon?”

Haru’s eyes lit up brighter than the sun. “Is this what I’m thinking is happening?” and Laughner laughed, then nodded. Haru fainted there on the spot.”

“Is anyone with this kid?” The older man called out.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"

Last edited by <Challenger>; July 27th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM
1ninjadude1701

Nature: Quiet
Name: Seth Brown

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Mankey

Appearance: Seth is a tall boy that has long flowing black hair and a boyish face. He rather weak but is actually capable of bench pressing about a hundred and fifty pounds. He wears a black leather jacket over a usually white shirt. His shorts are made of Denim and are a little too tight around his waist. He wears normal white socks but his shoes are black from mud and other debris.

Roleplay Sample:

Seth was really excited for his encounter with Jude Laughner. This was his chance to go exploring for this treasure beyond belief and get half of its contents. The line was certainly a long one but the more it shortened the more anxious Seth felt. The Interview no longer felt like a simple matter but rather that his life was at stake. Only three more people before his turn. Two more people. One more Person. Then the last man went out with a sulky expression on his face. Was he just rejected? Thought Seth. Seth walked with a rather awkward stride towards the famous treasure hunter. Jude was a middle aged man with a bit of peach fuzz around where a mustache and beard would have been. His brown jacket looked nice over his pink dress shirt and his pants were made of the finest black silk ever to be found.
“So you want to find this treasure eh?” Jude asked with an English accent.
“Yes.” Seth replied simply.
“Well then, why do you want to be a treasure hunter, for riches, for popularity? Tell me.”
This was the question he had hoped to avoid but it looked like he had to answer it,
“I honestly don’t know why. I may find out as I go but I don’t truly know.” This answer was the honest one he really didn’t have any idea why but he wanted to.
Jude sighed and said,
“There are many things in this world we cannot answer right away. Since you were so honest I select you to be the hunter and the recipient of half the earnings of the find.”
Seth was bewildered he couldn’t believe he actually did it but there was one more thing he needed to know,
“Sir, I don’t have a Pokémon though.”
“Not to worry I have one for you.”

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
<Challenger>

When do we get to know if we made it or not?

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:47 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
When do we get to know if we made it or not?
Skymin will post and say who was accepted at his earliest convenience.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
<Challenger>

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Alright.Sounds like a plan to me.

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
*her :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Name: Haru Hatake
Alright dude, I think this may be a little too much for one of your first roleplays to join. There's not enough... everything. Reading your post, it doesn't make me laugh or smile or anything. It's kind of... well, boring. The character himself seems a little clichéd (child explorer? Well, we already have one of those and it was his father that was the explorer. Everyone else that is is over the age of 20, probably over 25) and the story you wrote is quite unbelievable (no one who just walks in is going to get a free, costly trip to another region unless you're smart about it).

So, sorry dude, you're declined. I would advise you to maybe have a fish around the Roleplay Corner for some roleplays that are a little less experienced. The Pokemon Trainer Academy is usually a good place to start if they have spots open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ninjadude1701 View Post
Name: Seth Brown
Same thing as the above, man. Nobody just walks into a place, says they have a feeling that they'll be awesome and get a opportunity others would kill for. And yeah, your writing style is also not quite up to the level that this roleplay caters for. Sorry, you're also declined.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

I meant her, no idea why I said "he" :p, sorry about that.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM
<Challenger>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
*her

Alright dude, I think this may be a little too much for one of your first roleplays to join. There's not enough... everything. Reading your post, it doesn't make me laugh or smile or anything. It's kind of... well, boring. The character himself seems a little clichéd (child explorer? Well, we already have one of those and it was his father that was the explorer. Everyone else that is is over the age of 20, probably over 25) and the story you wrote is quite unbelievable (no one who just walks in is going to get a free, costly trip to another region unless you're smart about it).

So, sorry dude, you're declined. I would advise you to maybe have a fish around the Roleplay Corner for some roleplays that are a little less experienced. The Pokemon Trainer Academy is usually a good place to start if they have spots open.

Same thing as the above, man. Nobody just walks into a place, says they have a feeling that they'll be awesome and get a opportunity others would kill for. And yeah, your writing style is also not quite up to the level that this roleplay caters for. Sorry, you're also declined.
i completely understand.haha.that's a complete description of me.i don't care.lol

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM
1ninjadude1701

Nature: Quiet
K I actually was a little confused about the setting in the sence of where the character currently is. Also kinda wondered what was wrong with my writing style cause I typically write very descriptive. Sorry if I sound like complaining because that isn't my intent I just want to improve.

Thx

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Izuya_Namikaze
Beginning Trainer

@skymin: Umm can we move on to the next day or wait til you post it is morning?

@kiklion: I'll travel with you if you like.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Kiklion
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kiklion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izuya_Namikaze View Post
@skymin: Umm can we move on to the next day or wait til you post it is morning?

@kiklion: I'll travel with you if you like.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Possibly. If they meet up. I'm thinking of putting Robert in a hotel or something. That's more his style.
Old August 1st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Everyone okay?

I'm writing my next post as we speak, but well... let's just say I'm addicted to leauge of legends. :x

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Working on my next post at the moment but now that Robert has been asked to delve further into the temple (coupled with my being abroad and being repeatedly distracted by the A Song of Ice and Fire series) it may take longer than usual to type up and submit.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
The Final Watchman
The Reaper
Community Supporter

Location: Either on the clock tower with friends or the beach
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to The Final Watchman Send a message via Skype™ to The Final Watchman
I finally have my post written! Just need to type it now.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Skymin
the Knight

I'll give you guys a day more. By then, I'll have progressed to morning. And everyone can get moving to Route 1. d:
Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

I have posted and would like to apologise for some areas of it which probably appear rushed or unfinished/unpolished. Wanted it up before you moved the storyline on and have been busy all day. Hopefully its still satisfactory.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Rin's going to need a change of clothes, so when she does get them, should I change the appearance section of her SU?
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Rin's going to need a change of clothes, so when she does get them, should I change the appearance section of her SU?
Really? Are you honestly asking this? If you want to, go ahead and do so, but really it is not needed.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post

Really? Are you honestly asking this? If you want to, go ahead and do so, but really it is not needed.
Why is it so unbelievable?

Thanks for the info, BTW.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Lol you do not need to. You may add another section if you feel you need to but no, you don't need to. d:
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Ah, okay. Well, my next post should be up soon...maybe. Tonight if I'm feeling it, but if not, definitely tomorrow.
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Alrighty kids, it's daytime. You can now frolic about and stuff. ;D
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue

Iruzja Aleksandrov

Appearance:
Iruzja is a woman of petite figure; she stands at a meager five feet four inches, with a generally scrawny build. Her thin arms belie the great amount of swing they pack, a result of the physical exercises she was more or less forced to do while on various treasure-hunting adventures. She sports an ambiguous tattoo on her left thigh; most assumes that it is a bird of some sort, though none quite dared to brave Iruzja's stoic personality in order to seek confirmation.

A woman of Russian descent, Iruzja possesses the pale complexion that is common amongst her countrymen. Her face is circular in shape, defined by a pair of rather vague dimples and a very prominent jaw. Her slanted eyes, nearly black in color, perpetually reflects her cold, aloof personality. The fair hair that crowns her head flows down to reach her shoulders in curly wisps. Over her head, she dons a black ushanka* with white fur lining and a butterfly broach attached to said lining.

Her attire consists of a two-piece garment; a black coat reaching down to her knees worn with a matching pair of pants. Adorning her legs are a pair of combat boots, lined with white fur similarly with the rest of her clothes. In warmer occasions she will take off her coat to reveal a simple white tank top, although since she wears only underwear under her pants she tends to keep the latter on regardless of the temperature. Iruzja underwent close combat training in the past, so she always keeps a weapon with her. The kind of weapon varies from occasion to occasion, though most often she carries a slingshot, a pistol or most often, a dagger.
Roleplay Sample:

"Iruzja! We found it!"

The fourteen-year-old trainer grinned benevolently, his index finger pointing towards a treasure chest with contents of untold worth. Peeking out from the holes in the lid were several gold bars, jeweled necklaces and ancient swords--nothing Iruzja haven't seen before, naturally, but certainly one she doesn't see often. "Oh, I can't wait to eat all the wonderful food I'll get with my cut!"

Iruzja stepped forward towards the trainer, before putting a hand on his shoulder. "Your cut?" she asked, her gaze fixed on the treasure.

"Yeah! You're not going to break your promise, are you...?" he said unwittingly, a trace of concern now apparent in his eyes. He had no idea who he was dealing with; Iruzja Aleksandrov, treasure hunter extraordinaire. Iruzja smirked a little at his naivete, reaching into the split of her coat, wherein a pocket was sewed.

"I keep my promises. You won't have to scavenge through trash for food anymore," she replied calmly, her hand fingering the wooden hilt of her silver dagger. "After all, a dead man won't need any such things," she said, before quickly pressing the knife against the boy's heart.

"Wh-what...?" was all he could manage before he slumped to the floor. While he bled to his death, Iruzja cranked open the chest and gathered all of the treasures into the sack she carried with her. She wouldn't need to dispose the body; after all, it may not be found in well over a century, and by then he'd be nothing more than an unrecognizable pile of bones. Remote caves untouched for decades make for the perfect crime scenes; one of the reasons Iruzja loves this job. After she was done gathering the treasures, Iruzja made her descension from the mountain.
Allewiese is a cafe in downtown Goldenrod City with a fancy art deco atmosphere. Each table is separated from another by four tall screens depicting Renaissance Era-esque frescoes, most likely to make the diners feel exclusive. Iruzja needed no such pretense, as she feels enough of a recluse as it is, but it did make for the perfect place for her and her clients to do their shady dealings. The treasures she acquired from the Central Unovian cave was now packed neatly in a big suitcase, kept between her legs while she sipped her coffee.

At last, her client arrived. Mr. Key, as he was known around these parts, was a man that controlled much of the mafia that circulated around the central Johto region. He made his entrance to the restaurant guarded by four burly men, and the entourage made their way to Iruzja's table.

"I take it you have the items?" he asked briefly. Mr. Key is a long-time client of Iruzja's, and he knew of her skills all too well. There was not a shadow of doubt in his mind that the answer to his question was yes. And he, of course, was correct.

Iruzja lifted the suitcase and pushed it across the table. "There's not a single ring left in that cave. Now the payment, if you please," Iruzja replied, eyeing the briefcase one of the men carried.

"Of course. Give her the payment," Mr. Key ordered. The bodyguard did as he was told, and handed Iruzja the briefcase. "Pleasure doing business with you. If anything comes up, I'll be sure to call you again."

"So long as you've got the cash, I am forever at your service," Iruzja said, before getting up to leave.

"One more thing," Mr. Key said, stopping Iruzja from making her exit. "Have you heard of the Pandora news?"

Iruzja nodded. "In my line of work, that kind of rumor does not go by unnoticed."

"Then I assume you've heard of Jude Laughner, as well?"

"I can't say I have. Does he have anything to do with the Pandora treasure?"

Mr. Key smirked a little before replying. "He has everything to do with it. Should you find the treasure and bring it to him, you'll be paid outrageous amounts, or so I've heard. There'll be competition, of course, but nothing you can't handle, yes?"

"I shall look into it. And I assume you'd want something in return?"

"Hah! You wound me, Iruzja. It's nothing more than a tip of the hat for a valued business partner," Mr. Key said, putting a hand over his heart as if he was hurt.

"Then I thank you. How am I to contact this Laughner?" Iruzja inquired briefly. She was not completely convinced of Mr. Key's sincerity, but she decided to take his word for it.

"No need. I'll make all the arrangements. Consider it a bonus for doing so well on your tasks all these years, eh?"

"Okay. I'll be on my way now," Iruzja said coolly, before finally leaving.

It turned out that Mr. Key kept his word. When Iruzja woke up the next morning, she found an envelope slid under her door, addressed to "Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire", from "Jude Laughner". Iruzja began reading.

"Salutations!

I am Jude Laughner, and I have heard from a certain someone that you, the so-called Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire, have shown interest in the treasure of the four brothers. I will need as much help as I can in finding this treasure! Why is that, you may ask? Well, I can guarantee that even a tenth of it is superior to all the wealth you've accumulated during all your famous hunts! You'll be compensated quite handsomely should you succeed to find it, naturally.

If you find that you still maintain your interest after you read this note (and I can hardly imagine why you wouldn't!) then please make your way to my office, the address of which is written on the back of this letter. I anxiously await you!

Sincerely, Jude Laughner."

Iruzja slipped the letter into her coat. "Pandora, hmm..." she mumbled to herself, before going through the door. This time, her destination was Jude Laughner's office.

A knocking sound could be heard from the wooden door leading to Jude Laughner's office. The treasure hunter has been expecting Iruzja's arrival, and was indeed quite excited to register a professional help on this hunt. "Come in, the door's not locked!" he called out merrily. He was replied to with the creaking sound of the door opening.

"I am Iruzja Aleksandrov. I trust you have a job for me?" Iruzja asked briefly.

"Well why don't you sit down for a minute? I'll pour you a glass of wine and we'll talk," Laughner said, an all-too-gleeful expression painted across his face.

"I am not alcoholic, and I dislike beating around the bush," Iruzja replied, her voice stern and monotonous. "To the point, please."

Laughner quickly shed his innocent facade and put on a knowing smile. "Very well. Pandora is the so-called mythical region once led to glory by the four brothers, whose rule over the prosperous land acquired them a great amount of treasure. Thought to be none more than a fairytale until very recently, Dr. Arden Stone revealed its existence, backed with decisive evidence, to the world. This much you are aware of, yes?"

"That's correct. Continue."

Laughner nodded and resumed his story. "These four brothers...they managed to hide their fortunes somewhere in Pandora before their ultimate demise at the hands of their people. It is my wish to recover this treasure from the depths of Pandora. I have heard good things of you from Key, and, naturally, I want you to find this treasure for me."

"Understood. Now, about my fees..." Iruzja began.

"Hah! You don't miss a beat, do you?" Laughner interrupted. "I have been informed that you charge an amount with a great many zeroes at the end. However, what I offer is far more valuable," he said, leaning across the table and looking Iruzja in the eye. "You find me that treasure, and we'll be splitting it right down the middle. What do you say?"

A silent pause arose between them as Iruzja considered her options. She didn't hesitate for long.

"Done. I will start immediately."
*Ushanka is a type of Russian hat; it's not what she's wearing in the picture since I don't know what it's called, but I do mean that type of hat (in the picture).

Last edited by Saturated Hue; August 9th, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Name: Alexander Lance Thornmarsh
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Cubchoo
Appearance: Alex is 5 feet and 10 inches tall and ever so slightly overweight, which he claims to be due to muscle mass. That being said he keeps himself in good shape for someone who is a little pas their prime, though his ageing is beginning to show. His skin is tanned from exposure to the sun and weathered from constantly being outside. He has brown hair, which he keeps short for practicality but also to hide the fact he is starting to go bald. His eyes are a light shade of hazel. Small wrinkles are starting to spread outwards from them across his face. Due to rationing his supplies when in the wild, Alex has gotten used to only shaving every few days, as such he almost always has some stubble on his chin.
Normally he wears clothes appropriate to the climate he is in, due to being a very practical person. Generally this means a pair of green camouflaged combats that have plenty of pockets for storing stuff in. A black tank top with a short sleeved vest over it, in a similar camouflage design to his combats, also with plenty of pockets. Under his vest he wears a holster for his gun a large revolver, normally his vest conceals it from sight. He finishes this outfit off with a pair of worn black walking boots and a brown ten gallon hat. He doesn't wear any sort of jewellery but will usually carry a large army style pack, full of equipment around with him. Usually tucked in the top pocket of his vest is a packet of cigarettes, which the stains on his fingers reveal is a habit that he has had for quite some time. He carries a canteen of water hanging over one shoulder and also a flask of something a little stronger in one of his trouser pockets.
Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:
Blip! Blip! Blip!.... Blip! Blip! Blip!....”
Alexander reached for his phone on his belt, recognising the number he answered.
Yes! Jennifer! This had better be good! I'm more than a little busy here!” Rather impatiently he spoke to his personal assistant. She was sat some several thousand miles away in an office being paid far too much a day to do far too little.
Harry called, said he wanted to talk to you, something...” Jennifer began to speak in her usual slow manner, which really ticked Alex off. He was only half listening to her.
So Harry called.” Alex interrupted, summarizing the conversation so far.“Wants to talk. Tell him I'll talk next week when I'm back!”
Well...” Jennifer started.
Well! What?!” Alexander yelled down the phone.
He's already on his way out to you.” Replied Jennifer with a sigh of exasperation.
Right!” Alex yelled down the phone so he could get on with some real work. He examined the stone door some twenty meters in front of him. It had only been discovered earlier this morning after careful examination of the south-east corner of the ruins revealed a concealed passage way. Beyond which was a stone door engraved with a number of glyphs, much of Alexander's morning had been consumed scrambling about the chamber searching for a way to open the door. So far he hadn't been able to make any progress towards opening the door.
Mr. Marsh,” A Hoenn man beside him began to speak. “what do we do now?”
Firstly it's Thornmarsh!” Alexander began to say with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Then he gave the man a simple instruction. “Get the dynamite! Blow the door!”
Mr. Thornmarsh!” A rather short Hoenn man stepped forwards. “The Hoenn heritage preservation council hasn't permitted the use of explosives on this site. May I remind you that it is an offence to damage any part of this ruin!”
Pipe down pipsqueak! Your fund will be compensated for any losses!” Alexander said to the official, doing little to comfort him. “Let's get this door down pronto!” He ordered his men. Then turning back to the official he said. “You may want to stand back just a bit for this.” He wrapped his arm around the man and forcefully walked him outside. The Hoenn desert sun glared down on the two men as they emerged from the ruins, a mild wind blew across the open sands. The sound of an approaching helicopter could be heard in the distance.
Now if you'll excuse me I have business to attend to.” Alex said composing himself and leaving the official behind.
Boom!” There was a loud explosion from inside the ruins that made the official cringe before running back inside.
Harry!” Alex greeted an ageing and somewhat overweight gentleman who was climbing down from the recently landed helicopter. “It's so nice to see you again!”
Alex!” The old man took his hand with out asking and embraced the younger man. Alex was rather annoyed at being called Alex. No one called him Alex. “ That's uncle Harry to you son! I've got some important news for you! A very big opportunity has opened up! I'm sure that you will be very interested when you have to hear what I have to say!”
Not another wild Farfetch'd chase of yours! I hope not it's not. As you can see here,” Alex said waving his arms around himself at the camp. “I've got quite a good thing going here.” Alex approached a tent holding the flap open so Harry could walk inside. “Drink?” Alex offered his friend a drink of liqueur. Harry nodded, so Alex poured some whiskey into a couple of glasses. He walked over to Harry, who was stood next to a table and handed him the drink. “So what's all this about Harry?”
Pandora!” Harry almost yelled in excitement, giving a hearty laugh.
If I didn't know how brilliant you are Harry, I would way you were crazy. Pandora is nothing but a children's story. I should know I spent long enough searching for it.”
I knew you would say that!” Harry laughed, drawing a folder out from under his arm. “Before we talk any more. I want five percent of everything you find.” He opened the folder and pulled out a satellite image of an island, handing it to Alex.
Is this real!?” Alex said in disbelief, feeling a rush of excitement that he hadn't had since he was a child. He studied the map again. “This is real!” He raised his glass. “To Pandora?”
To Pandora! And the riches it hides!” Harry toasted before taking a swig of his drink.
Several hours later Harry had finished informing Alex of all he would need to know and was ready to depart. The two quickly said their goodbye's before Harry departed in his helicopter.
Jennifer!” Alex yelled into his phone. “Get me a flight back to Kanto! And find out where I can meet Jude Laughner!”
“How should I find out where Mr. Laughner will be?” Jennifer asked, she needed have.
“You know I don't care how you find out information for me! I know you can do it and I don't ask any questions! So do your job and find out!”
One week later.
“So this is the place?” Alex asked Jennifer through his phone.
“Yes. Mr. Laughner has a dinner reservation there for 1:30 today.” Jennifer replied, to Alex who put down his phone without thanking her. But she had had gotten used to it by now.
Alex walked inside the fancy restaurant, standing out quite a bit in his usual attire. He walked straight past the waiters who tried to stop him. He already had an idea what Jude looked like from photographs he had seen of him. Once he had located Jude he went over to introduce himself.
“Mr. Laughner. It's very nice too meet you sir.” Alex was doing his best to be polite but it wasn't easy. Jude was eating a steak but he humoured Alex placing his knife and fork down and finishing his mouthful.
“Sit down, is this about Pandora?” Jude said gesturing to an empty chair opposite him. “So what's your name?”
“Alexander Lance Thornmarsh, sir.” Alex said.
“Oh, so you know Harry then!” Jude seemed a little surprised. “He has spoken about you in the past, I knew your father. Well then I appreciate your gusto for coming to me directly. I'll negotiate a deal with you but do remember that friends are powerful allies." Jude said giving a knowing wink. “Now shall we get down to business. I can give you supplies and equipment for a trip to Pandora, but I have to be reassured that my investment will be repaid.”
I understand that, sir. I am willing to negotiate your share of my finds.” Alex said smiling with confidence.
Oh. I think you misunderstand me, Mr. Thornmarsh. I'm not open to negotiations. My cut will be fifty percent, what I am asking of you is to convince me that you are worthy of this opportunity.” Which got rid of the smirk on Alex's face, Jude noticed this. “If you've got a problem with this then the door is right over there. But if you're going to go it alone, as it were, then you've got to convince me of your talents yourself.”
No problem sir.” If he was required to kiss a$$ for this opportunity then Alex would. The opportunity to explore Pandora would be more than worth the humiliation of grovelling. Still Alex was reluctant to do that unless it was absolutely necessary, he didn't want to look weak now did he. He took a deep breath before talking. “Throughout my career I have sought treasure in no less than ten regions, form which I have gained hands on knowledge of twenty seven different ancient civilizations. Aside from that I have consulted on an innumerable list of projects, including but not limited to classifying artefacts for the Pewter City museum and other such organizations. Working in the field has given me experience in survival and tracking.”
Enough,” Jude said calmly. “What experience do you have with Pokemon?”
I can ride a Rapidash or other quadruped. And have enough experience tracking, hunting and defending myself against them. Any Pokemon that gets in my way finds a lump of lead wedged in it sooner rather than later.” Alex said regaining his confidence.
I see.” Was Jude's only reply, which disturbed Alex. For a minute Jude though on the matter leaving Alex to stand idle. This bothered Alex, as he was used to being in charge and having to wait around while Jude ignored him was rather annoying, to say the least. Being stressed Alex began to grind his teeth. “I accept you onto this project.”
Thank you sir.” Alex said smiling as politely as he could manage, he was about to turn to leave but was stopped by Jude coughing.
Mr. Thornmarsh, before you go I want you to take this.” Jude said placing a Pokeball on the table.
Thanks, but no thanks. I don't work with Pokemon!” Alex said pushing the ball back into Jude's hand.
I insist.” Jude said handing the ball back to Alex who took it if only to prevent causing his employer any upset.
Later that day Alex was in his flat packing for his trip.
Jennifer! What are you doing in here!?” Alex said dropping a pile of clothes as he jumped in surprise.
You gave me a key so that I could clean while you were away. I came to see you off. Ohhh!” She said spotting the Pokeball on Alex's bed. “You got a Pokemon, can I see it? Please!”
Go ahead!” Alex said picking up his clothes and shoving them into his case. “The snivelling thing won't stop crying!” He added as Jennifer released the Cubchoo onto the bed.
Aww! It's so cute!” Jennifer said, tickling it's chin.
If you like it so much you can keep it!” Alex yelled as he took his gun and knife out of his draw and placed them in his case.
But it's your Pokemon?” Jennifer said looking at Alex sternly, you have to look after it.
You know I don't work with Pokemon!”
There was a loud banging at the door.
Alex I know your in there! Open up!” Came Harry's angry voice. Alex walked over and answered the door. “What do you think your playing at! Going behind my back on this! Your father would be ashamed of you!” Harry barged into the room.
Oh so it's OK for my father and you to go gallivanting of halfway around the world with out me but not for me to cut out the middle man.” Alex said quite calmly, for which Harry slapped him round the face.
Don't make this about your father! Anthony was a good man! And you would do well to show some gratitude for my taking you in after his passing!” Harry said, Alex was about to reply with another argument but Harry simply held up a hand. He turned and walked away.
Harry!” Jennifer yelled as she chased after him giving Alex a stern look. By the time Jennifer returned Alex was gone and he hadn't left a note. She had to let herself in to check if he had noticed...
Alex was aboard the boat to Pandora and was feeling somewhat bored so he decided to clean his gun. He took out his case and opened it. He searched for the heavy metal of his gun but he couldn't find it. He searched for his knife too but that was missing. What he did find was a Pokeball and he knew exactly who had put it there. Jennifer...

Last edited by The warden; August 12th, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Skymin
the Knight

@Saturated Hue: Oh man, murderous she-devil explorer, and she's Russian too! I am liking Iruzja a lot. Of you're finished, I would like to see the actual conversation between her and Laughner, please. :>

@The warden: Hahahaha, I really like Alex attitude! It will cause a lot of drama between all of the other members. If you are finished, I'd like you to further elaborate with the physical figure in your appearance and maybe extend his discussion with Laughner more. Laughner's not just gonna give this trip to anybody so he needs some convincing and impressing, you know? :D

Sponsored Links