The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
So yeah, which of your two rivals did you prefer, in all aspects?

• Based on their teams,
  • Their battling style,
  • Their personality,
  • Their strength,
  • Their sprite,
  • And anything else.
Discuss! :D
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
cheren he is da best rival
i like how he studies pokemon to get an advantage

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
I like Cheren since I like him with these...

Battling style,
Personality,
Strength,

He's much challenging of an opponent than Bianca...
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:01 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Bianca all the way.

Her sprite
Her personality
Her sprite

I also love the animation when she throws out her first Pokemon.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I love Cheren better cos of these reasons:

He is intelligent
Has a good-looking sprite
His personality
He plans strategies
He is more challenging than Bianca.

Yeah, they don't call me a Cheren Fangirl for nothing! He is the coolest.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old July 28th, 2012, 03:34 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
Hahah I knda liked both of them

CHEREN:
stronger rival
cool sprite
cool team
likes how he ponders on what Alder told him.

Bianca
Looks cute
Love how she thinks bout Pokemon
Kinda funny wanting to be everyone's bodyguard.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Cheren is better. :3 While his team was easier to beat, I preferred his character as well as his design. n_n Plus he reminded me of Jake while Bianca reminded me of nobody.

Also guys, just a note that you shouldn't be posting your responses based on their B2W2 characters. I know that's obvious but people tend to do this often, sooo just getting in early!
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:40 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like Cheren because of his design (he looks a bit like me), no-nonsense personality and good character development throughout the game. His team is okay though.

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by diab_low View Post
Bianca
Looks cute
Love how she thinks bout Pokemon
Kinda funny wanting to be everyone's bodyguard.
And then when Munna got stolen, Iris had to help her. Didn't Iris become HER bodyguard?

I like Cheren better myself. This may be because I think more like him. Being as strong as you can be is the way to go, but at the same time, you have to be nice to your Pokémon and not push them too hard. I tend to push them sometimes or forget to swap out before an in-game battle. Oops.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Bianca - I like that she has a Mienshao and orange, green and yellow (her blonde hair) are my favourite colours and her design has all of them :D
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:14 PM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

I like Cheren, his battle methods and his personality are what win him over Bianca.

______________ __________________
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

I hate Cheren, a newb trainer who thinks he knows it all just because he studied a little bit. He looks very arrogant to me.

I don't like Bianca much either but my vote goes to her.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
I kinda hated both of them haha, personality-wise. But Cheren was a much stronger rival in battle for me. His Gigalith ughhh. So I'll pick Bianca.
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
WolfricX
Water-Typer Master.

Nature: Jolly
I like them both.

Cheren is a good strategist and has a good head for battling, and in some aspects more of a challenge for awesomely awesome trainers like me (although I still beat him pretty easily O.O).

Bianca understands her pokemon more and is more compassionate as well as she has a good sense of humor, she is like a walking comedy show! Although she can seem a bit cluttered (in a strangely good way) at times.

As I said before I like them both and appreciate the different quality they like best.

Weirdly formal rant/opinion over!

-Wolfric
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
docowocool
Beginning Trainer

I prefer Biance.
Upsides of Bianca

She looks cute
She loses things
She is funny

Downsides of Bianca
She is easy to beat

I hate Cheren

Upsides of Cheren
He is hard to beat
He is battleable very day

Downsides of Cheren
He is too much like me
He is arrogant (like me)
He thinks he knows everything (like me)
He wears stupid glasses
He exists (like me)

Anyway Bianca has the type advantage over Cheren so she wins.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I prefered Bianca. She had a better personality and a better design to my mind. And, she's the very first female rival, who, besides, choose the starter which is weaker than your, that's really something. She wasn't a basic rival, contrary to Cheren that was good too nevertheless.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Monasti
Unknown master

Nature: Relaxed
Cheren just seemed more of a rival to me. Before I battled him, all the way through the game, I checked the levels of my pokemon, made sure they had good moves and put them in a good order.

With Bianca I just powered straight through, like it was nothing.

In a rival in the games, I prefer something quite difficult to work with, and it seemed Cheren was a better fit for me than Bianca.

Also, Cheren is a lot like me, doesn't think much about the future, only about the task he's trying to complete at the time. Bianca thinks too much.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monasti View Post
With Bianca I just powered straight through, like it was nothing.
I must not be the norm. This is where my distaste of the legendary monkeys first came to pass, as I was still battling Bianca with only the non-evolved forms and figured I would outmatch her with type, but that proved difficult itself (duh), then I got a surprise critical hit against me that forced me to change my strategy mid-battle. I got down to my final two Pokémon. Not one of my proudest moments.

Cheren on the other hand came at me with all he got, but I knew he was coming after the Legend Badge and made sure I got the right team along for the trip.

So in terms of final storyline battles, I found Bianca's tougher. Given how she seems to act like a pushover, that surprised me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I actually had an easier time with Cheren than I did with Bianca despite the obvious advantage you have over her. XD

I really liked Bianca more cause she goes through better character development than Cheren did. Cheren just seemed like a less insulting clone of Silver.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but I found them to be annoying, at least compared to gen1 and gen2's rivals. I'm not drowning in nostalgia or anything, but ever since Gen3, I never liked the rivals. XD
Between Cheren and Bianca, though, I liked Cheren more.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Bianca
sprite
cheren sprite killed it for me and finally a rival with a weak type
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I must not be the norm. This is where my distaste of the legendary monkeys first came to pass, as I was still battling Bianca with only the non-evolved forms and figured I would outmatch her with type, but that proved difficult itself (duh), then I got a surprise critical hit against me that forced me to change my strategy mid-battle. I got down to my final two Pokémon. Not one of my proudest moments.

Cheren on the other hand came at me with all he got, but I knew he was coming after the Legend Badge and made sure I got the right team along for the trip.

So in terms of final storyline battles, I found Bianca's tougher. Given how she seems to act like a pushover, that surprised me.

Cyclone
idk it might depend on the starter. Since you used Emboar, I also did too, and their teams based on the starters and everything else were different for each starter you picked, soo it could just be a matter of which starter was hardest to face on the opposing team, rather than the person maybe.

So while she did have the starter that was the weakest to face, the harder one could actually not be harder against the rest of your team and only the starter... if that makes sense lmao.

Also... the monkeys are not legendary. I'd be afraid if they were. :(
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I choose Bianca because I'm a sexist bish/sarcasm and pretty much always prefer female characters. It was cool having two rivals instead of one though, both with very different reasons for battling. I liked Bianca's less serious approach x3 Cheren (who I also thought was female, Pokemon seems to have a thing for effeminate males) struck me as kind of a snoot. But it's been a while since I've played, so yeah ;A;
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:12 AM
soopaord
Togepi

For some reason, I didn't like both of them.
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

I didnt like them either but i like cheren better because bianca seems soooooo slow and i am naturally unattracted to girls like that

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links