• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

POKéMON- synchronicity [T] (IC)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ryudo & Malik

As the duo walked over to a grassy hill and sat down, Malik had an expression on his face that clearly showed his minimal grasp on what had just happened. This was the quietest he'd ever seen Ryudo, but he wasn't going to say anything about it now. Ryudo was obviously too deep in his own thoughts to want to talk about the recent events; at least that's what he assumed.

"Y'know Malik, we've been friends for a while now right? So I can talk to you about this kind of stuff, yeah?" What kind of stuff? We've only known each other for one afternoon Ryudo! "It's just that guy - the one we just met - I don't know... Well, what did you think of him? I mean, he seemed nice. Really nice. Right? He wasn't angry or anything about me crashing in to him. That's a good sign, right? Well, actually he did have an angry expression on his face but... I'm sure he was just tired from the training? Or maybe he'd had a hard day? What do you think Malik? But then again... Oh why am I focussing so much on this? Come on Malik, what do you think? No wait, I've got it, I was sure I knew him from somewhere! He challenged Candice one time with only a Pidgey back in my home town of Snowpoint! I remember watching that battle like it was yesterday. So that Pidgey must be the Pidgeot we just saw eh? Well, I hope it has grown a lot since that battle or it'll be no match for our Pokémon. Even your Dragonair could handle it without breaking a sweat. Oh but maybe we should get to know him more? Or at least I should find him and apologize for what happened..." Ryudo paused for breath without noticing the look of bewilderment growing on Malik's face. "No wait, that's a stupid idea Malik! There's no way he wants to see me after what happened, that's just ridiculous! Oh but maybe he recognised me too? I'd sure like to get to know him better anyway, he seemed wonderful. And pretty cute, right Malik? Malik?"

"Uhm..." Replied the puzzled man. Does this kid ever stop talking...?

"Ha, I knew you agreed with me! So that's it, I'll go find him and tell him I'm sorry! Oh but... No. Never mind. This whole idea was stupid. Oh well, thanks for listening Malik. It's great having a friend like you around. So what did you think of his Pokémon anyway, think we'll have a tough time facing them in battle when this thing starts? I wonder why he was all alone..." And with that, Ryudo laid his head back against the grass whilst stretching out his arms and looking up into the sky day dreaming. It was always like Ryudo to over think things, and today was going to be no exception. I wonder what he's doing now...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Distress~ (Part 1)

"N...no...don't leave" She said but she was just too late as he had already bolted away in floods of tears. "I just..." As he left the Absol which belonged to Rion, took a hard look at Yuki before following him.
It seems like that sentance that she was unable to finish. With a red face and anger brimming across her previoulsy blushed cheeks, she then turned to her Rotom.
"ROTOM!...DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE," she said fustratedly, recalling it before she did something she might then regret.

She once again, sat under the grass as the sun turned to darkened cloud, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on it. "I..I'm sorry..I...just wanted to..say..." she whispered to herself.
Upon seeing all this the caring, persevering Emolga decided she had to do something now and with those thoughts she jumped off Yuki's shoulder and flew away in the direction Rion went.
"Emol-Emolgaaa" As she saw the shadow of a boy and an Absol running, as she went into a nosedive, flying between the branches of trees. "Emolga!"
she called out to the Absol as she needed to deliver an message.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Rion Mazer

Rion heard none of this, blood pounding in his ears as he ran unknowingly for the direction of the dorm. His mind likely recognized the boy's desire to go curl under the blue covers for the rest of his life. At some point, he tripped and had to pull himself to his feet, knees stinging in unison with his eyes. The Emolga's cry did manage to be heard however, but it spurred his charge, reaching the dorm with a quiet whimper.

He hurried inside but Deena paused, watching the Emolga dive toward them. She reached out and firmly paused the Pokemon's flight with a paw. "You'll do no good, rushing in like that," the Pokemon said warmly. "Rion's too overwhelmed at the moment. He wouldn't listen to anything I said to him now." She felt sympathy for the young girl, really she did. But trying to get Rion to understand that sort of thing asked for this. He still wasn't even sure what friends were.

"Go on and bring that girl here," she commanded the Emolga, putting her paw down. "Maybe I'll be able to calm my silly charge then." Without waiting for an answer, she went inside, Rion having left the dorm room door open in his haste to get to a "safer" place.

Sure enough, the boy was under the covers, shaking as he tried (and failed) to calm himself down. Deena sighed and climbed to lay next to the blanket worm, shutting the door behind her. "It's things like this that make you look very hopeless."

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Distress (Part 2)

Emolga flew back over the trees, soaring back down to where Yuki was still sitting with her knees pressed right up to her face.

"Emol-Emolga Emolga Emolga Emol!" The Emolga said as it came down to land on the top of Yuki's knees. "Emolga, Emolga" She said, putting her arms up in the air, waving them to the left pointing towards the way, Rion off too. She then, using her tail to make a
as the sickle shaped growth on an Absol's head and then again pointed to the left.

Yuki looked up at Emolga, rather confused. "What do you mean?".
Emolga sighed and pulled her up and tried to pushed her that way. "Okay...fine, I'll go"
as she stood up brushing a tear from her eye and wiped the grass off her dress.

She turned around looking at her other Pokemon, as Electivire opened one eye and nodded to her as she recalled him too and put Emolga back on her shoulder.

She followed the path towards the dorm room and knocked on the door marked with there names. Yuki tried to say something to get the attention of the person inside but was unable to say anything.​

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Rion Mazer

Rion's crying had faded slowly into sniffling. However, he hadn't quite pulled up the strength to peek his head out from the covers. Instead he had let out his other two Pokemon. Alan was perched on a chair, preening calmly. Dante was in a corner, comfortably curled up in sleep. Deena had been growling softly the entire time in the human boy's ear, red eyes closed as if feigning sleep. Dante sniffed the air softly and let out a quiet, mewling bark.

When the knocking hit the door, Rion was still startled, burrowing himself deeper into the fabric despite how warm it was. Very little could be unbearably hot to this boy, so he simply engulfed himself in the embrace of the covers. Well, almost.

"Do you want to let them in Rion?" Deena asked softly. Rion was still for a moment, rather confused by the question. This was her room too, shouldn't she have a key? It didn't occur to him that she could simply be being polite. Too confused and distraught to make heads or tails of any of this, he nodded shyly. Deena gave Alan a quiet nod. Alan flew over to the door and carefully twisted the handle to pop the door open. Leaving it ajar, the Pokemon flew back to his perch, watching the other two warily.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Distress (Part 3)

For a few seconds, she stood outside the room, just considering her options in the inevitable conversation and how easily he was upset earlier and how shy he had acted.

Sighing to herself, Yuki lightly pushed against the wood of the door, until it gently opened with a creek and she walked in to the room. In the room, she saw two single beds, two wardrobes and a small cupboard.

As she looked across the room she noticed the worm like shape under the bed-covers and then she noticed his three Pokemon; a Ninetales, a Rufflet sitting on wooden perch and the Absol, she had met previously.

She placed her bag onto the other bed calmly, thinking of the right words to say, not wanting a repeat of before. "W-well, Rion.." She said slowly pausing at the end.
"I'm very sorry about my Rotom's behaviour; I promise it won't happen again", bowing slightly to show her apology, she looked across at the shape under the bed sheets and then up to the Pokemon surrounding her and watching her warily.
"Maybe…it would be better if I just left him or maybe I should try to befriend him more" She thought to herself, unsure what else to say in this almost awkward situation. She thought about placing a hand on him for reassurance but then thought this might be misconstrued and frighten him even more.​

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
Arrival- Thayla Island
Alex Tinajero paces back and forth across the ship as it heads for the Thayla Island docks, and Alex only has this one thing on his mind right now: Are we there YET?

When the ship docks, Alex looks around and admires the giant red stadium that overlooks this half of the island, and the waves crashing onto the beach as he gets off the boat, however the weather could be better, it's very hot, despite the fact that he never takes off his sweater even in the summer heat. Alex also notices that the Admission building is about one hundred yards away. Exhausted by the five hour boat ride from Sunnyshore City, he decides to walk there. As Alex walks towards his destination, several pedestrians stare at Alex, just because they haven't seen someone as big as him in a very long time. However, some immature teenager had the nerve to start shoving Alex as he passed by. Politely, Alex said," Sorry for bumping into you."

However, the same teen started shoving Alex even harder, and, now getting a little angry, Alex said," Hey! Can you stop pushing me?"

After saying that, Alex actually turned around and realized he was getting mugged. Or not, because the scrawny teen was having a hard time taking Alex's bag. The teen suddenly punched Alex in the face to hopefully knock him out, but the only thing he accomplished was making a very big man's face very red, and very angry.

Alex screamed as his foot struck the teen's chest Sparta-style, knocking the teen to the floor on his back. This was more than enough to make a small group around this little skirmish. Seeing the six-foot tall menace getting ready to beat the living **** outta him, the teen quickly gets up, turns, and tries to run, but he is suddenly grabbed by the legs, landing him face first onto the concrete sidewalk. Alex then stomps the failed mugger's back, and hears a loud crunch. Satisfied with this outcome, Alex walks away towards the admission building, leaving the scrawny, crying teenager to think about what he has done. Alex's little audience decides that the teen got what he deserved and most of them walk away, but the remaining audience starts taking videos of the crybaby.

Even more exhausted from the fight, Alex pants, and then is relieved to find out that he has arrived at the Admission office. Alex takes off his sweater and stuffs it in his bag entering the double doors of the building. As he enters the Admission building, Alex notices that the clerk has watched him crack that mugger's ribs with a stomp, and that she is a blond. He chuckles a little bit.

The clerk informs Alex, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to call Island Security, sir."

Alex asks, "Why?"

The clerk answers, "Because you have assaulted and injured a minor. They will take you away to the nearest juvenile detention center." She picks up a phone and starts dialing.

"WAIT, if you let them take me away, I'll never know where the treasure is buried."

The clerk stops dialing and asks, "What treasure?"

"Uh….. the treasure of Ima Wiener."

"Ima Wiener?"

Alex bursts out in laughter as the embarrassed desk clerk suddenly realizes who this laughing idiot is.

She asks, "Are you a contestant in this year's Pokémon Grand Tournament?"

It takes about five seconds for Alex to stop laughing in order to respond to the question. Ashamed of his current behavior, Alex politely answers," Yes I am a contestant, why?"

"I need your information regarding the tournament."

Alex shows the clerk his information and his room pass. The clerk seems very confused about something.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't seem to have a partner. Or a room…."

"Well, aren't you going to assign me one?"

The clerk reads over Alex's information, and types something onto her computer. After five minutes, the clerk finishes typing. "There we go. Your new partner is Orion Pierce. Your housing is over there, second door to the right. The Legendary representing your housing is Palkia."

Alex makes his way towards his new room as the clerk asks one more question to Alex,"Do you have MPD?"

"MPD? It's call DID."

"Well, this is only to confirm it, were you recently diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder, sir?"

Alex still can't believe that he has such a condition." No, I haven't been diagnosed with DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder."

The clerk types on her computer one last time before telling Alex that he can go now. As Alex approaches the door, he looks up and prays that the décor will be girls inside. As Alex swipes his key, he opens the Palkia themed doorway, and unfortunately doesn't find anyone inside the housing at this moment. Alex looks around and disappointingly sees that almost everything in the room is a dark pink color. Alex reassures himself that there will be probably girls in this room sooner or later, since girls like pink.

Alex suddenly remembers that he hasn't bothered to look at the list of contestants and their housings. Excited to see the names of the "girls" he is going to meet, Alex takes a paper out of his bag, and starts reading off the names of the contestants in the Palkia housing. When he finishes reading the last name, Alex starts to run around the room and panics.

He knows three things about his current situation:

1. There are only boys in the Palkia housing.
2, The Palkia housing décor is PINK.
3, Boys and the color PINK don't mix well together unless the boy is…….
Terrified of thinking of sleeping in a full room of....very loving people….Alex dives behind the nearest bed, and with Pokeball in hand, hopes that the next person that comes through the door won't be ***.

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
The battle between Mina and Rolly

Rolly readily adapted and fixed his views, mentally categorizing their problems. Great, now they were even more a Rock disadvantage, and now they had a glaring Fighting weakness. Thankfully, the Charizard should be able to cover that. But if there was a Fighting and Rock type... Only Terrakion came to mind, but Rolly was certain there could be many more. He didn't even know all the Pokémon of his own region, after all. But if anyone here had a Terrakion, they were probably screwed regardless of it's typing.

By shoving Waltz deeper into the couch as leverage to stand up, who responded with a muffled growl of disapproval and nothing more, Rolly had snapped up at the sound of a challenge. With such an unbearably toothy grin; there wasn't a doubt he was fond of the idea.

"Well, we have'ta go now, so you can show me wat'cha got! Why don't you prove that little boast of yours, and have a match between my Waltz, and your... Erm. Fish." It wasn't the Milotic's nickname, but it was close enough. "Lead the way!"

Mina lead the way without complaint, returning her Pokemon to her pokeballs before leaving the room ahead of Rolly. After a moment of looking up and down the hallway, her eyes lit upon the elevator. She went inside the small compartment and waited patiently for Rolly to join her before pressing the button that had a large "B" on it. The ride down was quick, and Mina skipped out as soon as the doors slid open.

"So, you want a battle between Aquarta and Waltz? Sounds good to me!" she called over her shoulder as she went to one side of the arena and released her Milotic. Aquarta seemed to sense the excitement as her normally shy exterior changed to one of determination and the light of battle shown in her eyes. Mina clenched her fists a bit nervously. Sure, Aquarta could stand up moves like Thunderbolt or Thunder, but if Rolly used physical moves... Well, she would probably end up looking like a weakling.

Aquarta felt her trainer's nervousness and glanced back at her questioningly. Mina gave her Pokemon an encouraging smile and mentally slapped herself. How could she doubt the Pokemon she'd been training with for so long?

On the other side of the spectrum, it was odd. Despite their near constant antagonism of eachother, Waltz and Rolly buddied right back up as soon as they managed to scoot off the sofa. Waltz lowered himself to let his trainer clamber right back on, because Arceus forbid he have to take more than eight steps.

Rolly owed him SO MANY piggy back rides it was unbelievable.

It was a cramped and uncomfortable elevator ride, that was also oddly silent from Rolly's end. He was busy contemplating everything he knew about Mina (that was her name, right?) and her Milotic. Planning outside of the battle was often his best ally. He absorbed information well, but applying it in the middle of heated action was a seperate matter entirely. He was probably rather average in that regard.

Was Milotic a defensive Pokémon, or just a bulky special based attacker? Hold on, Tyranitar and Charizard... Both seemed incredibly bulky, but it was obvious they wanted to take a chunk out of the foe. Now did that mean Milotic followed the same rule, or was she the token defensive member of the team. Mina herself had told him that her Milotic had an advantage over male opponents, didn't she? Seduction methods were incapacitation tactics...

The elevator opened up too soon. But that was okay, Rolly didn't think he had enough information to create a suitable base plan anyways. Barren and flattened basement, the perfectly nuetral terrain that left no side with an advantage. It was so expansive and open, it was even suitable towards the odd Flying type. Nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. Waltz was going to have to bring the hammer down quickly, or it would likely be lights out for them.

Waltz shrugged Rolly off gently, only a few paces from where the boy needed to be, and prowled over to his own little piece of the field.

Normally, this was the part where Rolly would call out some bizarre pre-battle taunt, but this was a bit different from the standard match. It would be best if he could draw things out as long as possible, analyze her strengths and weaknesses as a trainer, and then see if he could compensate for them. As hopefully she'd be doing the same for him. Which didn't mean he couldn't still be condescending about it.

Rolly rested his hand on his hip and casually leaned, even to the point that his legs were crossed loosely. "Isn't the rule of thumb, 'Ladies first'? Show us wat'cha got!" 

Mina smiled cheerfully at Rolly; he was going to regret giving her the first move. "Aquarta, use Attract!" she called to her Pokemon.

Aquarta's demeanor had completely changed once the battle started - what had at once been a shy, unsure Pokemon was now a confident and determined battler. Aquarta winked coyly at Waltz and a wave of sparkling pink hearts flew out at the Luxray. All the while, Mina watched with sparkling eyes. Attract always caused something amusing to happen, and she was looking forward to see how Rolly and Waltz would react.

There was a suitable silence from Rolly, but it didn't seem to be one of displeasure. It was more... Boredom. Which was further evidenced as he pulled his arms behind his head and snorted. That was exactly what he had expected, so it really wasn't all that bad at all. It just meant he got to see how lucky he was today. Of course, he may have to pull Waltz back into his ball when everything was done. After battle infatuation just got awkward.

"Well all right then. Waltz, why don't we start things off with a Thunder Wave."

However, others weren't so level headed in the face of horomonal bliss. Particularly the subject of such bliss. The traces of infatuation were slow to set themselves in, but they were just as visible as they were mental. Like most feline nature Pokémon, Waltz had a habit of prowling around his side of the stage during the off moments of a battle. But at the moment, his pace had become stiff legged and awkward, because Waltz just wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do with his legs.

And after that small little window of 'how does my body work again?' things became much more demeaning. Waltz puffed his head out and stutted proudly, but rather than poking his nose in the air, Waltz was just rational enough to keep a close watch on Aquarta.

"WALTZ, THUNDER WAVE."

It hadn't been the first time Rolly had yelled it out either, it was just the first time Waltz had actually heard. Everything had been tuned out except for that absurdly attractive Milotic over there. Waltz hoped she liked fish. Otherwise trying to get a dinner with her was just going to be incredibly awkward.

No, no, there was supposed to be something else he was doing.

But what was it...?

Mina barely managed to stifle her laughter as Waltz seemed to be completely ignoring his trainer as he stared at Aquarta like a love struck kitten. It took the girl a moment to regain her composure enough to speak, and when she did she gave her next order. "Aquarta, hit him with a Hydro Pump while he's out of it." She had to try to finish this before the Luxray returned to earth...

Aquarta complied with an amused cry as a powerful stream of water shot out of her mouth and rocketed towards the infatuated Luxray.

The attack struck proverbial gold. A huge mess was created upon the impact, a slick sheet of water puddled the area around where Waltz used to be.

The Luxray in question could be found slumped against the far wall, shaking his dazed head and clearing out his thoughts. The heavy daze of his crush over Aquarta wasn't exactly cured, but the cold pavement and the obvious hint of a feud... He was in a battle! And buried memories began to surface, like Rolly's last command.

"Waltz, get your head back in the game and counter!"

It was all the direction he needed. Sparks raced over Waltz's thick fur ominously, and they popped with a bright flash. There was no opportunity for escape from this attack. Instead of flying through the air, the weak surge hit the puddle and leapt out towards Aquarta. It was frighteningly instantaneous.

"Now get back in the ring and keep moving; don't give her a steady aim!" With a menacing roar of agreement, Waltz sprinted back, but remained a wary distance to keep evasion in mind. He slunk through the puddle in his circling, but the ominous slish sounds were replaced by playful splashes.

The infatuation haze was setting back in.

Both Aquarta and Mina watched the Luxray as it circled around the Milotic. Mina's mind raced as she attempted to asses the situation. Aquarta getting getting paralyzed was something that Mina had hoped to avoid, seeing as her mobility out of water wasn't exactly what one would call quick and being paralyzed would slow her down even more.

Watching Waltz circling around Aquarta gave her an idea, one that would have to work if she was going to win this. "Use Blizzard to freeze the floor!"

Aquarta readily obeyed, quickly realizing her trainer's plan. If was covering the ground then the Luxray would have a difficult time getting any footing, thus making physical attacks more difficult. On the other hand, the Milotic would have an easier time sliding about the arena with her snake-like body.

Due to the paralysis, her movements were slow and jerky as Aquarta unleashed the icy breath on the arena. Mina watched nervously, hoping that her Pokemon would be able to finish the coating of ice before the Luxray was able to attack.

The floor grew mildly slick with frost, but even the puddle hadn't had time to freeze over before Rolly counteracted;  it was just the lovely break he could use as long as his luck held up and Waltz wasn't still seducing himself over thoughts of the Milotic.

"Waltz, get your head back in it, and use Wild Charge!" It was the best he could do at the moment. The recoil may not have been the greatest help, but the type advantage would leave a mark. And better yet, cut off that Blizzard.

After shaking his head clear of invasive thoughts, Waltz clearly had the room for that lucky break that Rolly needed. It was also helpful that he'd been completely ignored, which just didn't sit favorably with him for any reason at all. The familiar crackle of electricity came back, but several times stronger. The little sizzles and pops sounded painful, and Waltz's growling confirmed that - yes, this was going to hurt him just as much as it hurt her.

The contact sounded with a strike of thunder, which was personally taught by Waltz to himself, just to seem that much cooler.

Unfortunately, being awesome had a price. All of that misdirected electricity ran right back into his system with a nasty shock that would have left him sprawled out over the ground if he weren't trained to handle it.

But there were costly differences in play.

Waltz went down with a pained cry, limply stretched over the ground. The puddles he'd crossed had rerouted more electricity back into his system than he could usually handle, and had stolen away most of the power in the process. The attack had effectively collapsed in upon itself.

There was one upside to Aquarta being paralyzed: it caused her ability, Marvel Scale, to kick in. This in turn allowed her to survive the drastically weakened Wild Charge and still have enough energy to fight, though it didn't mean that the electric-type attack wasn't painful and she was still flung back a ways. Aquarta seemed to be having an easier time moving as she lifted her head, and Mina quickly took advantage of the probably small moment of movement. "Use Blizzard before he can get back up!" she ordered. Snow carried by an icy wind once again blew out from Aquarta's mouth, it's aim the downed Luxray.

It didn't even had a chance to strike. Rolly's pride wouldn't allow it.

Waltz was sucked back into the safety of his ball, and Rolly wistfully glared at the pokéball before he shoved it in one of the internal pockets of his jacket. 'Giving in' was better than losing.

A cold harshness crossed over him, and if it weren't for the fact that this was his partner, he might've just strode back to the elevator and left to nurse his injured pride. He hadn't lost in quite a while. Was he supposed to expect more losses from this tournament?

No, he couldn't let that happen.

"Well, it looks like I've lost~" Despite the concentrated malevolence of his thoughts, his tone became sweeter. Rolly stretched a convincing false grin over his face, and retreated to the elevator. "I suppose we should head out~? I'm sure there's all sorts of things we need to discuss~"

Years
Orion Pierce

Orion sighed as he finished reading the book over for the third time. He looked over at Desco and Laharl, who made a fairly large sand castle in the time it took. It was around 3 ft. high, though with all the towers and walls, it was 5ftx5ft. They both stepped back to survey thier work, though a few seconds later, it was taken out by a large wave sent by a Crawdaunt. Well, mine as well go to the dorm that I've been avoiding...besides, I feel some sand in my shoes, Orion thought. He whistled them over before they had a chance to destroy fight the Crawdaunt, though they gave it the evil eye before they came back. Orion returned Laharl and the still sleeping Athena to their pokeballs, while Desco followed him back to the dorm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Orion stepped into the room, then stepped out. He double checked the room number. Great, a room that any young girl would love. Though, at least it wasn't a bright, extreame pink, just not red enough to be called red. If it wasn't pink, it would be a fairly neutral room, with pictures and symbols of the mythical Palkia on the dressers and bed respectivly. He walked back in and took a better look around. First thing he noticed were the beds. They looked much more comfortable than anything he has ever seen living in Fortree.....or anything he has ever slept in for that matter. Despite Desco's cries that would usually catch his notice, he lept into the bed, landing on his back, and relished the feel. To him, it felt like sleeping on a Snorlax covered in Cottonee wool. It took Desco lifting him up and turning his head for Orion to notice that a guy was hidden behind the bed further down from him(Desco noticed him since she entered). The shock caused him to leap off the bed almost as fast as he got on it, and after a few breaths, took a closer look. Only the guys head and a hand with a pokeball showed over the covers, which didn't make him very........inviteing.

"Hello, I'm Orion." He said slowly, and while not shakeing scared, was speaking carfully. Desco was right behind him, ready to defend him, "Who are you?"

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Rion Mazer

He heard the door open and flinched. This was so embarrassing. She was probably thinking he was a coward and a wimp. It... It had just scared him when he was in the middle of calming down and... He felt Deena shifting on the bed but didn't move, wary of what would happen next. Yuki had set her bag down on the other bed and been very quiet for a few moments.

Then she did something Rion didn't understand: She apologized.

Why would Yuki apologize? It wasn't her fault: it was his. He was the frightened one, the one who easily ran away from things. It was all his fault... "...Stop." The apology was bouncing in his head like a defunct ball. "Stop... I-I... I don't get it... why-whuh-why are you sorry..." Slowly he popped his head out, not looking at her, still mostly a bed worm. "I... it's not.. erm... it's..." His face turned red and he murmured to himself. "I thought... you, well, saw..." He anxiously curled back into the worm, nervous again.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Bond~

Yuki looking at the curls of blankets and quilts below her, trying to think up the right words to say, "Rion..." she stopped again. "This really was all my fault, if I kept my Rotom under control, none of this would ever have happened".

She slowly and gently put her hand on the place she though his shoulder was and said, "Look, Rion. I don't want to upset you, hurt you or anything like that. I…erm..really like you" stuttering on the last bit.

"If you want to come out of there, we could try and be friends. I could even give you some of my bravery and earn your trust… Isn't that the reason you came here?" as her cheeks flushed red.

She thought quickly and nodded to her Emolga who nodded back. She pulled her hands up to her neck and unclipped the Emolga tail necklace around her neck.

"How about this, I'll let you borrow my good luck charm necklace and it might even bring you luck and bravery in this tournament, I hope it's a sign that you can trust me" She said, placing it on his hand which was sticking out of the sheet softly and carefully. "I promise you, I won't let you down in this tournament and I hope we can become true friends."​

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Rion Mazer

"Oh no it would have," Deena muttered to herself. "Likely for an entirely different reason of course." She glanced at Dante, the Ninetales having been patiently cleaning himself and waiting for this human mess to be resolved. Deena shook her head.

Did I come here to be brave? Rion asked himself as she spoke. I... I came here because I... I'm weak and I... I don't know what to do right? Would finding out what I want to do... make me brave? He didn't know. In all honesty, Rion was rather frightened of trying. Unintentionally, he had begun to tune poor Yuki out. He was thinking deeply and actively jumped at the touch of the necklace.

He rolled back and away from her under the covers, exposing his face. However, with that movement, it also showed the one thing he had been trying to hide from her: the gaping, scarred, empty eye socket. A moment after he realized this, Rion hurriedly covered it with the long part of his hair, murmuring endless apologies.

When he finally gave up on saying sorry, he looked guilty. "I... I didn't, erm, I didn't want you to see that..." Noticing she still held her good luck charm, Rion forced himself to shake his head, making himself sit up while still cocooned in the many layers of bed. "Um no... you... you should keep that. It... it's good luck for you so.. I um, I need to find my own charm." Deena groaned softly. The boy hadn't been aware of how rude that was. She hoped the girl wouldn't take offense.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Bad Choice~

Yuki looked down a downtrodden, that her offer had been rejected in such a way. She then, took back the necklace, pushing the bag on her bed onto the floor and lying on the bed facing away from Rion towards the other wall, letting go of the charm in her hand letting it plummet to the floor causing an echo in the silent room.
The longer she sat there, the more time her brain clouded into thoughts and it eventually pushed her away from reality into a way where she could be in a peaceful state. Although to most it would simply appear if she was asleep especially with the goggles on.

After a while of complete silence, except for the sounds made by the trainers Pokemon and quiet breathing, she decided to say something, "Rion…I realise you're not the most outgoing of trainers and you become shy and embarrassed when talked to…but…I was wondering" she stopped blushing again and then coughed shyly herself before continuing. "I was wondering, if you would ever want to…"
"Ever want to let me help you perhaps..." She said, instantly regretting her words. "Oh…that sounded so rude and offensive…I'm really sorry, all I meant was I can try help you open up a little…maybe?"

Everything she said sounded wrong and offensive and she was just telling herself to be quiet and to not speak anymore in case, she in fact made it much worse.
She turned back towards the wall, embarrassed and worried, pulling the blue Flygon-like goggles down to cover her eyes, so no one saw that she has a tear in her eye.​

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Rion Mazer

Oh no... he had upset her. Stupid, stupid, you don't make a girl sad! You don't do that you stupid! He contemplated hitting himself but the action might make her more unhappy. He didn't want to make things worse! So he sat there very quietly, pointedly looking away as to not bother his roommate. He was too ashamed. Boys were supposed to make girls happy... and he had just made one cry. Bad Rion, even you and your loneliness should have known better than that.

Then Yuki spoke again, leaving him rather confused. Open... up..? What did that mean? Unfortunately Rion was rather... concrete. Saying something like open up... it immediately brought up the image of Yuki opening a door in his chest. He placed a finger over his mouth. There had to be another meaning for that... because that was just gross. Her previous words about him being easily shy and embarrassed were overlooked, primarily because he beat up himself for it all the time and because he couldn't deny them.

"Open... up?" he repeated softly, earnestly. "I... I'm, um, really sorry, but... I don't understand that..."

"She means that she wants to help you make friends," Deena mentally supplied.

Rion blinked slowly. "Oh..." He no longer looked quite as frightened or embarrassed. His cheeks were still pink with those emotions of course, and he still couldn't look at Yuki, but at least the covers had fallen off his head. "You... you want to... be friends with me?" He didn't quite grasp why she would want to be friends with him. He was weak after all... and he couldn't protect her back like other boys could. "You... You um... you know how to be friends?" The second question, more earnest and eager than the first, was followed by a curious loo up at her goggled head and away again.

Maybe it would be okay to be in a room with Yuki. After all... she could be brave! She was able to talk to people... and not get stared at! And she wasn't scared or angry with him either! Though maybe she should be... he had upset her... after all. Lost in his own thoughts while awaiting her answer, Rion felt himself sinking into the sheets again, wholly and truly saddened by his own sense of failure.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Cody Rhodes
White Rabbit Syndrome
-------------------------------------------​

''I'm late I'm late I'm late!!!''

An 18 year old male with a really bad haircut, huge eyes that made his head look incredible out of proportion with the rest of his admittedly quite small and frail body wearing black converse trainers, jean shorts, as well as a white shirt and black tie was frantically yelling to himself as he ran through the doors of a large building which a sign saying ''Admissions'' had pointed him too.

''I'm sorry but I'm late!''

The young male continued to shout to himself and anyone that would listen as he desperately ran into the large room and almost in circles as his eyes darted around the room for the next sign of where to go, and he hoped to find it quick, people were beginning to stop and stare at him, as one boy even pointed and sniggered as he walked by.
Thankfully his eyes finally settled on what was surely the reception desk, he darted towards it, his suitcase making every effort to slow down the far from fit trainer who finally reached the desk and dropped his suitcase, breathing very heavily and bending over slightly resting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.
A young women behind the desk who was doing paperwork stopped in her tracks and stared at the young man with a look of confusion and slight fear

''Are you quite alright dear?..'' she said to him in a concerned voice

''Ye.....ye.....yes thankyou'' he stuttered, taking about 20 seconds to get the words out between taking huge gulps of air back into his lungs

''I....I...I am h...h...here for the t...t.....tournament''

His lack of breath was doing nothing to help hide his stutter, 5 minutes on the island and he was already the biggest loser there...

''I see, and what is your name?'' the receptionist said with a smile as she turned to her computer

''C...C....Cody Rhodes m....m....maam''

''Cooooody Rhoooodes, ah yes here we are, you are in A Hall, Creation Block, here is your card key''

She smiled and held out the card key which Cody took from her. He tried to force a smile of gratitude back, but what appeared was more of a grimace impression of a Haunter using Scary Face. He picked up his suitcase and walked away quickly to prevent scaring her anymore that he already must have...

Still not quite sure of what way he was meant to be going, he followed the general direction being taken by the majority of people in the building, which sure enough led him towards the Pokemon Arena, and his eyes thankfully laid eyes on a large sign saying ''Creation''

Cody Rhodes awkwardly scuttled over to the door, and noticing what appeared to be some sort of scanned next to the handle, he places his card key in front of it, and surely enough it clicked with recognition. Opening the door, he walked down the new hall and soon found the room number which corresponded with the number on the card. Cody took a great sigh of relief and pushed open the door...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Bond~ Part 2

Yuki sat on the edge of Rion's bed so she could look straight at him and nodded at him cheerfully before saying, "Of course, I would. You and me, we'll be good friends." before standing back up again. "I mean if you want to be of course," she added quickly facing away from him to hide her now bright red cheeks.

She coughed, acting a little shyly and then said, "But please, if you ever need me. Feel free to ask me anything, I really care about my friends."

Looking down at her hand she nodded once again, "Take it as a sign of our new friendship and a sign of the bravery inside of you just waiting to come out." She said placing the necklace back in his hand, smiled at him again and walked back towards the door.

Her Emolga hearing all this smiled at her, knowing she had done the right thing. She waves to the three Pokemon in the room and then to Rion before flying onto Yuki's shoulder as she left the room.​

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Alex Hall

Wrapping a towel around himself, Alex left the steamy bathroom and back in to the chaos of his bedroom. His pokémon had decided to play poker whilst he showered, which didn't look like it had gone well - considering Medicham was the only one with hands.

Squirt squawked as Alex entered the room, the large bird Pokémon flying back and forth around the higher ceiling, eyeing up an agitated Medicham but not willing to take the risk.

A bright yellow, furry leg stuck out from under the bed. Fang had been hiding since the others kicked off.

Sighing, not in the mood to give a lecture, Alex picked up the red and white balls and returned all three pokémon to them. "You guys are nothing but trouble," he moaned as he tossed the balls on to one of the messed up beds, before collapsing on to the other himself.

His first day on the island had sure been interesting, Fang was close to perfecting his energy ball and then there was that black haired boy, Ryudo. Alex still couldn't work out where he'd seen the trainer before, but something about him seemed so familiar.

A sudden rustle at the door jolted Alex upright. He heard the quiet beep of the key-card reader before the door opened - but it wasn't enough time to compose himself much. Stood there was another boy, suitcase in tow.

"Er, I think you have the wrong room," said Alex, which, with a confused face and a wet mop of hair, was not the most gracious of greetings, "This one is mine."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Cody Rhodes
A Stuttering Start

Cody threw open the door and came to a sudden halt with the sight of a young man with a wet mop of red hair, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist and still quite wet, clearly from a shower had already halted and was standing staring at him

''Er...I think you have the wrong room, this one is mine''

Cody stood completely still for a moment, staring at back at the pale lad, a few moments passed before Cody worked up the energy to open his mouth

''Oh.....Uuuuum, W...w....w....well, m....my c....c...c....card key says that this is my room too''

Codys eyes darted around the room, desperate the break the tension, he noticed a table in the middle of the room covered with playing cards and poker chips, as well as two beds, one clearly already claimed and broken in under the weight of a suitcase and untidy bed cover, the other still well made and clearly untouched since.

''I guess m...m....maybe we're room mates?!''

Cody stepped forward stretching out his hand holding the card key so to prove to this other male that then was indeed his room too, when suddenly he felt his foot cave in underneath him, and gravity kicked in as he came crashing to the floor, his suitcase making the fall all the more awkward

Great start Cody...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Alex Hall

The new boy looked exhausted, stuttering and wheezing his way through the sentence - he looked as though he had run a mile to get there, "Oh.....Uuuuum, W...w....w....well, m....my c....c...c....card key says that this is my room too."

Alex frowned at the revelation, looking at his own key card he noticed a second name on the bottom, Partner: Cody Rhodes.

''I guess m...m....maybe we're room-mates?!'' Cody said quite enthusiastically, stepping forward and holding out a hand in greeting - sure enough his key-card had the same room number on. Seemed like they would be stuck together. Alex reached out to shake Cody's hand, however just as he went to do so the boy fell, collapsing to the floor and dragging his suitcase down with him.

Are there any normal people here? Alex thought, rolling his eyes.

"That's your bed there," he said, gesturing at the mostly-empty bed, which he quickly cleared of left over poker chips - looked like Medicham hadn't being playing fairly after all. "Oh and I'm Alex," he said, trying to feign a smile after losing half of the big room, "I'll go change," he added, grabbing some clothes from the wardrobe and heading back into the bathroom.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Cody Rhodes
A Stuttering Start (2)

Cody remained face down on the floor for a good ten seconds before bothering to move a muscle. Ten minutes on the island and he had scared the heck out of a lovely young lady on reception, and made a massive fool of himself in front of his new roommate. Eventually, he dragged himself to his feet, refusing to let his eyes meet his roommates.

''That's your bed there''

The young man said in a slightly sympathetic sounding tone as he gestured towards the tidier of the two beds, brushing aside the poker chips and cards.

''Oh, and I'm Alex''

Out of the corner of his eye, Cody noticed a slight smile from him, but still couldn't bring himself to look straight at him after the embarrassment he had just suffered, his head instead looking down at his feet, while he felt his cheeks turn bright red.

''I'll go change''

Alex grabbed some clothes and briskly made his way into the bathroom closing the door behind him.

Cody not felt guilty on top of embarrassed, clearly Alex wasn't expecting a roommate, and he felt a Butterfree in his stomach of panic

I've already taken half his room and shown I can't walk across a room without making a Jynx of myself....what else am I gonna do to ruin this?! I wonder if he thinks I'm a fool?

Cody looked up at last and turned back to his suitcase

Of course he does...

Hoping to get any potentially embarrassing moments out of the way before Alex returned, Cody grabbed the suitcase back up off of the floor and dragged it over to his bed, swinging it up and on top of the sheets. Slightly loosening his tie which was suddenly feeling tight around his throat, he then retrieved three Pokeballs from his bet which he threw onto the bed. No sooner had they fit the bed, one of the Pokeballs burst open in a pool of red light and settled on top of the bed, forming the figure of an orange mouse Pokemon

''Rai Rai!''

''Oh....H..h....hey Raichu...''

The Raichu beamed at his trainer and immediately surveyed the surface on which he was standing. Clearly the mattress was quite springy as the Raichu began jumping up and down on the bed, soaring quite high into the air before gravity brought it back down. A huge smile on its face, it kept its eyes on its trainer who smiled back

''Oh Raichu, I wish I had your enthusiasm.....or confidence for that matter''

The Raichu beamed further and used a bounce to jump on top of Cody's head, and then down onto the floor where it proceeded to began dashing around the room at great speed. Cody's Raichu was truly one of the fastest Pokemon he had seen in his time as a trainer, having been out sped by no opponent in his life, but the speed this time was not being used to battle, it was being used to be as nosy as possible. The Raichu suddenly noticed the adjacent bed and leapt on top of it, straight ontop a pile of clothes.

''Raichu! Stop it, that i....i....isn't our s...s...s...s..stuff!''

The Raichu came to a halt, noticing three Pokeballs on the bed which he began to approach without hesitation

''Raichu!''

Cody exclaimed, quickly darting over to his electric Pokemon and scooping it up in his arms

''You really are t...t....too nosy for your own good!''

''Rai Raichu!''

The electric mouse clenched it's eyes shut and gave a pet lip, like a child being told off.

Back