The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
My fave characters:

Dawn - I loved her development and the cute outfits she wears in contests. I loved her so much she inspired my username.

Cilan - He makes me laugh at lot in the Unova saga and he has an iconic Japanese voice (Mamoru Miyano, who also voices one of my fave non-Pokemon anime characters).

May - She uses some pretty cool Pokemon, I love her Glaceon especially. Not to mention my hair is the same color as hers.

Iris - I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't find her annoying. She's pretty tough and I love her Emolga and Excadrill.

Jessie, James & Meowth - I love how funny they are, even though the Unova saga toned down their comedic personality. Meowth's voice is so funny.

Bianca - She's really cute and hilarious, but she's also very tough.

Paul - My fave of the Sinnoh rivals, he uses strong Pokemon and I love his voice, it's very enthusiastic.

Zoey - My fave of Dawn's rivals, and I like how she's a tomboy compared to most of the main girls.

Barry - Again, love him cos he's funny. I also love how most of his Pokemon are based on his in-game team.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old July 21st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Here are my faves:

Ash - The BEST Protagonist ever and he is so cute with his Pikachu!

Bianca - So clumsy and cute! She is always hyperactive.

Barry - Yep. Bianca and Barry are so related, not really. Also, Hyperactive.

Cilan - Two Words: EVALUATION (TASTING) TIME!

Dawn - The Girl I Really Admire!

Paul - ...hmph... Thats All I Have for Him

Stephan - Much like Butch from Team Rocket cuz other people didn't pronounce his name right.

The fave characters from Game that appear in one or couple episodes:
Flint (E4), Volkner, Aaron (Both Movie 8 and Sinnoh E4), Alder, Byron, Roark, Wake, Elesa, Lt. Surge and Ranger Ben.

The Fave Characters of the Day:
AJ, Samurai, Sho (DP074), Glenn (BW067), Narissa.

Info on Pokemon Characters:

Flint - Tough and Hard-Hitting with an Afro. He is also friends with Wild Bouffalant lol.
Volkner - One an Emo Dude, Now a brave Sunyshore representative
AJ - Like his voice, as opposed to Meowth lol.
Narissa - She is sure of herself and keeps her head in the game by admiring Flint.
Alder - He helped me enjoy life!
Roark - Dunno.
Byron - A digging enthusiast and he's 40!
Elesa and Wake used to be my favorite Leaders. Although Elesa and Volkner (Denkami) is implied.
Aaron - Yep. Girls think he's H4WT!!! Wish he has Scolipede and Galvantula
Ranger Ben - I like him of his optimistic ways, much like cilan.
Jack Walker - 2nd favorite Ranger.
Attila - Very tough and the coolest badass ever.
Glenn - Looks like Beyblade Blader DJ.
Sho - His street slang is awesome and specializes in Electric Types like Volkner, Elesa and Surge.
Lt. Surge - THE BEST ELECTRIC TYPE GUY IN THE WORLD!

So this is why I chose Ash becaue of his Pikachu. ELECTRIC TYPES.
Although I like Piplup and Oshawott.

Last edited by Riptobazooka; July 21st, 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

I also adore Jimmy and his Typhlosion - it's like my perfect version of Ash and Pikachu haha
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Oh and Favorite Movie Character besides Jackie?

ZERO.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

Gary motherf****** oak! :3

______________ __________________
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
pikachu00
Unhatched Egg

My favorite character is Lance. He is so cool!
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:31 AM
zenlor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
My favorite character is Dawn. She's so cute. (Yes, I'm of the masculine gender and I like Dawn. Any problem with that? o.O Ahihihihi.)
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:54 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Out of the entire show my favorite character has got to be James. He's funny and surprisingly strong when motivated, unfortunately he's not motivated very often. Poor guy. But he's also quite a complex character, even he seems confused about where he should draw the line when committing criminal deeds.
Plus the eternal question..... is he gay?

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:48 AM
Jbsundown

Without a doubt Richie! (Or Ritchie whichever one) He is just the best and it is a huge shame the he appears in about 5 episodes altogether

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
My favorite character is Lance.
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM
hassanabdullah45k
Charizard619

Nature: Quiet
ash, brock and misty - the best !!
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:26 AM
NintendoQueen
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Gary Oak is my favorite, who else? I despise Ash Ketchum with a passion. I do not like his whiny ass. Gary, on the other hand, is such a snarky character. I love him. "Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" is the funniest thing I've seen on a cartoon. >:] I just wish Gary were in more episodes. It's maddening.
And I've always loved Team Rocket too [especially James]. He's a goof. I love him. And dat blue hair! x)

Old August 5th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I really do not understand the huge hype with Cilan, i find him quite annoying but what ever floats your boat.

My favorite character would have to be........ Wow Its a lot harder than i thought it would be to answer this question. I started typing with a clear answer in my head and as soon as i was about to type it i had my doubts.

My favorite character would have to be Jessie or Ash, like the poster above Jessie has given me the most comical relief and i also like the main character.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
Kanto: Gary Oak - I just love his cocky attitude.

Johto: Brock - I was happy when he returned

Hoenn: May - she is by far my favorite female character.

Sinnoh: Barry -its funny when he always bumps into everyone.

Unova: Trip - I like him because he reminds me of a mix of paul and gary.
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Paul is my favorite character. He has a wonderful personality and a unique training style, which has landed him into some trouble, but he is a different character from what the anime typically provides. Ash didn't consider him as a friendly rival; in fact, it was more like they were enemies. Either way, Paul made Ash want to train better. His personality does give him a bad reputation with just about everybody in the fandom, but I liked it. It was cold, ruthless, and almost mean. Still, he was smart and knew how to battle along with coming up with a variety of strategies. His training tactics were also pretty dang good, especially with him nearly forcing Chimchar to evolve, although that didn't work at all. I thought it was creative.

He pushed his Pokemon to limits they probably never dreamed about, but most of them pulled through anyway. I liked the rivalry he had with Ash as well as his character development in the anime, which is a novelty within itself. He developed from being an ass to a nicer ass. That's why I love him.
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Unhatched Egg

Out of the main and secondary characters, I like everyone. Well, except for Shigeru and Shinji, I hate them.

I like Satoshi because he's always such a derp. Kasumi is entertaining too, espcially when she yells at Satoshi. Takeshi's obsession with women is always funny. As for Haruka and Hikari, while they aren't as funny as Kasumi, they are very nice, and I really like their singing (well, okay, I like everyone's singing, but that's besides the point). Iris is pretty unique due to her being adventerous. As for Dent, he's cool, but he says 'taste' a little too much, I love his design though.

Um, who haven't I covered.... well, there's Masato. I haven't seen enough Advance Generation to really form a good opinion on him. I was able to get a better opinion on his sister, Haruka because she talks more. Then there's Kenji, who's cool, since well, he draws and I do too. Then Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are entertaining to watch, and I like the backstories they gave them.

Oh, crap, forgot about Kosaburo and Yamato. Well, Yamato is just a jerk, I don't like her. As for Kosaburo, he's cool I guess.

All in all, I can't decide, all I know is I hate Shigeru and Shinji, so definatly not them.
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Mine is Misty. Not only did she add some humor and flavor to the show, her obvious feelings for Ash added a further layer of dynamic; her pulling Brock's ear was a funny recurring gag that lost its touch when she left. Really, after Misty left, the anime fell to pieces because there wasn't the same character dynamic. Misty added so much that May and Max didn't; though May had good development as far as the anime goes, she didn't bring the same compatibility to the table.

I also am fond of Rocket-dan at some points; they have story to them, but once Hoenn hit they threw that all out and instead focused on redundancy in every freakin' episode.

Original series for life.
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Bossk749
Unhatched Egg

James no doubt about it; he's hilarious, and I love his laugh. I love his feelings towards Pokemon, and I could never take him nearly as evil as Ash and co. might think he is. Just overall, he's the one character that has not bothered me a single time and I enjoy his presence the most (except when TR ruins a gym battle or something).
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Homika, hands down. I refuse to call her Roxie, tho.
I just love the fact that she likes poison-types like I do, and she has white hair in a young age. I don't know, but I like people with white hair, probably because white is my favorite color. I also love her rocker personality.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 31st, 2012, 05:25 AM
Kotetsu-kun
Unova League Rival

My favorite character is Marlon, Ranger Ben, and of course... Me: The one and only Cameron from the Unova Region!

Ash+Cameron BFFs!
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
i would actually have to say....LATIAS!!! Alto-Shipping FOREVER!!!!! if they could have moments where Ash actually GOES BACK to Altomare and SEES Latias, i would be VERY happy. i FIRMLY believe Ash loves Latias, and vice versa. Ash can have a vacation, right? so why not take it in Altomare? Latias would be OVERJOYED. after all, Ash DID say he'd play with her again, but he never got the chance to. Latias needs someone (Ash) to take her mind off her brother. i STILL believe Latios is ALWAYS on her mind. after all, if someone you loved died, wouldn't you be thinking about them night and day?

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Apollo
誰か

Nature: Hasty
May. She's cute and it was fun watching her in contests. It was probably because May was the travelling companion with Ash when I first watched the series. It was interesting to see her start from an inexperienced, Pokephobic trainer from a great coordinator. Her character development was the best in the series imo. Dawn's also cool, I don't know what, but something makes me like her. Misty is great too, since she was also part of my childhood (I think Dawn was too, idk) and she was really funny. Though, May remains my favourite. Non-protagonist wise, it would definitely be Team Rocket. <3
family | vm
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Toutebelle
Banned

Nature: Sassy
My favorites:

Kanto: Lorelei by far.
Johto: I like Morty, especially after his retooling in HGSS. I always liked Jasmine too. Recently, I've been feeling a soft spot for Pryce.
Hoenn: Winona is my favorite of the Gym Leaders. Steven is my favorite overall - I like how helpful he is to the player.
Sinnoh: I really like Aaron despite his type of choice not being my thing. I also love Cynthia. As for Gym Leaders, I like Roark, Fantina, and Byron. I'm probably the only one who likes Byron.
Unova: Probably Grimsley. I love Cress too. I also like Elesa, Lenora, and Caitlin. I also kinda like Marlon. And for the first time, I love the protagonist characters.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here