The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
tawhaki
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
wow...nice hack :D

i'm wating for the final version...good work :D
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
I read. that you merged your FR sideshow hacks with atif right ? Does this mean that you'll restart? or not ( hope not ) also i loved both hacks so i would really like to see their features incorporated ! good luck
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
We're going to base both of our thing on Suicune's base. It's going pretty well. :D
I've got a suprise, but I don't know if Suicune wants to reveal it now. :)
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM
sethiey
*Doing nothing*

Nature: Lax
Wow love this hack 0_0 can't wait for more, i was also wondering if i could to a let's play of this game! please write back, thanks. ~Seth

Want you hack tested/played? Just PM and i could start a Lets play!
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

I asked Suicune, and I will now reveal the suprise.
Do you remember Littleroot Town? The reigon that it's in? Hoenn? Well it's going to be visitable in this hack! All of it! Team Magma will be in Kanto, something to to with Groudon. Where is Team Aqua? Still in Hoenn? So yeah, Kanto and Hoenn can both be visited! We've got a few towns and a city done, so it's going good. :)
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
0shawott
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
I asked Suicune, and I will now reveal the suprise.
Do you remember Littleroot Town? The reigon that it's in? Hoenn? Well it's going to be visitable in this hack! All of it! Team Magma will be in Kanto, something to to with Groudon. Where is Team Aqua? Still in Hoenn? So yeah, Kanto and Hoenn can both be visited! We've got a few towns and a city done, so it's going good.
hoooly cow. I'm really glad to hear you guys are working together, adding a whole new region is going to be amazing, and it's great that you'll have a new story in Kanto too! Having Suicune's balancing of Pokémon, increased difficulty, etc. alongside drastic changes such as this is going to make this already great hack incredible! I'm even more excited for this hack now, this is such great news, and I think it definitely constitutes putting this hack in the Progressing Hacks section. I wish you two the best of luck with this, and I anxiously wait another update!

★oshawottpiplup★
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

YEAH !!!!! Hoenn is in ! So from what atif said the hack won't need to be restarted right ? or i misunderstood ?
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
hoooly cow. I'm really glad to hear you guys are working together, adding a whole new region is going to be amazing, and it's great that you'll have a new story in Kanto too! Having Suicune's balancing of Pokémon, increased difficulty, etc. alongside drastic changes such as this is going to make this already great hack incredible! I'm even more excited for this hack now, this is such great news, and I think it definitely constitutes putting this hack in the Progressing Hacks section. I wish you two the best of luck with this, and I anxiously wait another update! :)
Thanks! Depending on how it goes we may request for it to be moved to the Progressing Hacks considering as you said it does qualify for it. We've only really just started but things are running smoothly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
YEAH !!!!! Hoenn is in ! So from what atif said the hack won't need to be restarted right ? or i misunderstood ?
Yup, Hoenn too! We won't need to restart, I've edited all the Kanto trainers and added some features that don't need to be changed, plus it would be a waste.

Just a quick note, I've updated the Features & Media section of the OP with some of the content that's in the next release!

Last edited by Azure; July 29th, 2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Thanks! Depending on how it goes we may request for it to be moved to the Progressing Hacks considering as you said it does qualify for it. We've only really just started but things are running smoothly!

Yup, Hoenn too! We won't need to restart, I've edited all the Kanto trainers and added some features that don't need to be changed, plus it would be a waste.

Just a quick note, I've updated the Features & Media section of the OP with some of the content that's in the next release!
The fact Hoenn is going to be in just makes it much more epic!! I really can't wait, not to mention the idea of team magma roaming around kanto :D
Seems perfect
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
One question... Will you guys be implementing the Physical / Special attack split from Gen 4 & 5?
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:25 AM
0shawott
Togepi

^ It would be brilliant if you could do that. I do have a question though, how do you plan on adjusting the difficulty of the game, as if you have the Indigo Plateau champion with Pokémon at levels around 90, where will the levels go from there in Hoenn? Will we be seeing Bug Catchers on the first few routes with level 90 Beautiflies? I'm sure you've already thought about this, but I was just wondering how you would make this work.

★oshawottpiplup★
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
^ It would be brilliant if you could do that. I do have a question though, how do you plan on adjusting the difficulty of the game, as if you have the Indigo Plateau champion with Pokémon at levels around 90, where will the levels go from there in Hoenn? Will we be seeing Bug Catchers on the first few routes with level 90 Beautiflies? I'm sure you've already thought about this, but I was just wondering how you would make this work. :)
Yeah, that's all been considered and discussed. I've planned on lowering the Elite Four & Champions levels by a few so that the Hoenn Gyms & E4 can fit in under level 100, it will all work hopefully ^^ But yeah once you enter Hoenn the trainers will be high leveled with Level 80+ Pokemon.

Old July 30th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Gold011

hey suicine, i've been wondering, why don't you make a new release?, something like, the new release lasts until viridian gym or lasts until you beat kanto elite 4, since now you announced that hoenn will be in this game, and still we don't' get a new release...just wanted to make you know
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
fallkitten
Running in the Shadows

Nature: Brave
and my favourite Hoenn will be in game? A-a-a-a-amazing+__+Hmm...maybe you'll change the locations of some people.who gives you a stareter?X) Maybe some should be in Hoenn?
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

You will probably be able to get some Pokémon in Hoenn that you can't get in Kanto.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Oh! since hoenn is in there will be both sevii and hoenn ? just asking
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

There will be Sevii, Kanto and Hoenn. :)
The chambers in Tanoby Ruins is gone, and the Dotted Hole.
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
hey suicine, i've been wondering, why don't you make a new release?, something like, the new release lasts until viridian gym or lasts until you beat kanto elite 4, since now you announced that hoenn will be in this game, and still we don't' get a new release...just wanted to make you know
Yeah, all the trainers in Kanto and Sevii Islands have now been edited, it's just the Pokemon locations that need to be added. We plan to release when we've done upto say Rustboro City in Hoenn so that not only you get all of Kanto & Sevii but you also get a slice of Hoenn too!

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Gold011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Yeah, all the trainers in Kanto and Sevii Islands have now been edited, it's just the Pokemon locations that need to be added. We plan to release when we've done upto say Rustboro City in Hoenn so that not only you get all of Kanto & Sevii but you also get a slice of Hoenn too!
oh, ok, that's something good to heart, you know, i don't like betas that much...unless they're long enough for me, but there's one hack, which is in progress, that might be the only exception by now
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Am I really the only that actually doesn't like the Hoenn idea?
I thought this will be another of Suicune's harder edits, now FR :D
But well, it might be interesting to see how you guys can do Hoenn by yourselves =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 31st, 2012, 02:36 AM
0shawott
Togepi

Just noticed this, you don't seem to be consistent in terms of using the é and decapitalization. In the second screenshot, 'POKéDEX' is used, although in the 24th screenshot (I didn't know how else to refer to it, sorry! I think it's May's house) 'Pokedex' is used, and in a lot of the other screenshots you have posted, 'Pokemon' and 'Pokedoll' are used too. Is this intentional? It would be brilliant if you could change them to 'Pokédex', 'Pokémon' and 'Pokédoll', but I understand finding every instance where this occurs is probably pretty difficult.

★oshawottpiplup★
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:55 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Just noticed this, you don't seem to be consistent in terms of using the é and decapitalization. In the second screenshot, 'POKéDEX' is used, although in the 24th screenshot (I didn't know how else to refer to it, sorry! I think it's May's house) 'Pokedex' is used, and in a lot of the other screenshots you have posted, 'Pokemon' and 'Pokedoll' are used too. Is this intentional? It would be brilliant if you could change them to 'Pokédex', 'Pokémon' and 'Pokédoll', but I understand finding every instance where this occurs is probably pretty difficult.
It is intentional, I originally scripted it with the accent but when it came out in-game it just didn't look right against the lower case letters in that format hence why I've stuck to the normal "e".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
But well, it might be interesting to see how you guys can do Hoenn by yourselves =)
Well my original plan was to just do the harder edit and have it done with but then atif approached me with merging the two hacks and Hoenn was part of that which sounded better considering I've released something like this previously and didn't really turn out to be all that popular. It's something that hasn't been done before and something that I really wanted to try out and so far it's proving well since everything is running like clockwork. However I may release two versions one with Hoenn and one without just so people have preference.

Last edited by Azure; July 31st, 2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Hey why not being excited ? It's such a great idea and besides there are many people who loved Hoenn....
Also it will be parts of hoenn right ? not the whole region .Up to which town the hack will go ?
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

All of the reigon will be included. Even the league. But we will only do it up to Rustboro in the next beta. :)
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

:O COMPLETE HOENN ?!!!!! yeeehaw ! I am really anticipating for the final release ! are you going to add music from ruby ?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here