• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Hack of the Quarter?

• Pokémon CrystalDust

Votes: 69 27.2%
  • Pokémon Snakewood

Votes: 117 46.1%
  • Pokémon Dark Future

Votes: 68 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
First Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Introduction:

It has been over a year since the last Hack of the Month competition took place, leaving Emulation without an official way to recognise all of the great games that are being produced apart from Hack of the Year. Hack of the Month was discontinued as it became increasingly difficult to find hacks that met the standards set without re-entering some hacks multiple times in a row. By having this contest take place once every three months we hope to see a wide variety of hacks that deserve to be applauded.

You have until the first of September to vote for your Hack of the Quarter choice. The winning hack's thread will be stickied for three months, until the next competition's winner is announced and it will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. The thread's owner will also receive an emblem to go along wth their accomplishment. Only those hacks which are in either the Progressing Hacks or the Hacks Showcase forums and have not won Hack of the Month/ Quarter/ Year previously are eligible for nomination.

We are aiming to implement other competitions that will bridge the long wait between Hack of the Quarters; next month shall be the debut of Map of the Quarter, while the month afterwards will be the beginning of a series of irregular competitions. This 'irregular' month in the cycle will allow you to compete in a variety of competitions that differ from quarter to quarter - If you have any interesting ideas to help fill this slot then don't hesitate to contact us. We hope that you are as excited about these new additions to PokeCommunity's Emulation section as much as giradialkia and I are looking forward to hosting them.

This Quarter's Eligible Hacks:

crystaldustelmcall.png
crystaldustfirststep.png
crystaldustdoublebattle.png

baltoyball.png
studio1b.png
vigourlanfacesoffagainsp.png

15686828.png
scaled.php
32397411.png

Rules:
  • You may vote for one hack, once per contest.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll rather than posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this quarter.

Years
While all the hacks are good, I'm going to vote for Snakewood only because I think it deserved to win HOTY, and seeing as it didn't, it has to win this. So yeah.

blue

gucci
Years
They are all definitely worthy so it's a hard choice with such a good line-up.
I've always found Miksy's hacks to be great fun when playing, the Crystal hacks produced are brilliant, I've heard many great things about Snakewood and Crystal Dust looks well produced, the maps, sprites etc are remarkable. However my vote goes to Dark Future, it's just really stands out and appeals to me the most.

SadNumel

I'm a very,very SadNumel.
Years
I would have to go with pokemon Crystal Dust. It is an amazing hack, and I think it earns it.

I also like Snake Wood and Dark Future, but CrystalDust is the best in my opinion.

Years
Pokemon Snakewood seems better to me and I am more familiar with it. Also it has a zombie apocalypse, pop culture references and other awesome things. Such as taking place in the Hoenn region. For Crystal Dust there is too many GSC remakes while it is fun, and yeah I haven't played Dark Future yet, but it seems kind of complicated, unless someone made a walkthrough for it already.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
crystaldust seems like a meh crystal remake, which imo liquid crystal edges out on in both progress and design.

a toss-up between snakewood and dark future, since GSC hacks are few and underappreciated these days. going for dark future.

Years
uhm,i think all of them are great hacks,i just tried all of them especially snakewood version,its too funny for me,but i appreciate the dark future most,so i vote for the gsc hack dark future,i hope it will finish soon,

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
YEAH, this is so exciting, I am so happy this is back!

I voted for Pokémon CrystalDust, because the hacker is truly inspiring, he has helped me before, and has shared his ASM Routine with me. I also beta tested this hack, along with his other one. Most hackers don't make two hacks, so a tip of the hat, to this rom hacker, diegoisawsome.

Last edited:
Years
dr fuji,i have a humble suggestion here,what if you conduct a hack completion of the week/month etc,that wont be a competition just a mere recognition for our consistent hackers/modders for making hacks or mods here in PC,right?does it makes sense for you?

Last edited:

Sasukeh4x

Nintendo Developer
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
My vote is going to go with snakewood, It was the only one that really caught my eye, and have creativity and unique aspects to it.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
im voting snakewood, because it took something as serious as a zombie invasion and added a bit of absurdity into it. loved the fakemon, loved the story, especially the refrences.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Snakewood. That hack was awesome. It really was different in a good way, involving zombies and even zombie Pokémon.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
CrystalDust deserves a lot more credit than it gets. It definitely would be shining right now if it weren't for Liquid Crystal, of which it actually does quite a few things better than it.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Nice to see Dark Future made it here too. I've a feeling it doesn't have a chance to win being a hack of an old-generation game and all but let's just see this through first.

Back