The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2012 (09:33 PM). Edited August 1st, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
@_Fake Name

Yeah I believe so too. Did you patch it to a fresh, clean Fire Red Rom? Because after you walk up the stairs where the captain orginally is in Fire Red, this is suppose to happen:

After that, you're suppose to battle Kayo. After defeating him, he'll disappear(as usual) & the player will walk up and talk to Sydney who'll talk in her name, not as the captain. She'll give you cut & you'll be able to battle Serena, the 3rd gym leader.
Try Coolrom.com for a clean copy of Fire Red & patch it. Then open up your save file from the copy you're playing now. Walk upstairs again & the events Should trigger properly. However, if this was the case & the original fire red mixed with my events somehow, it could have affected events that you've encountered so far. I know you probably worked hard to train your pokemon, but my advice is, after you patch the ips to a clean FR Rom, to maybe start your game over because other things could have gotten mixed up Before the boat event in the copy you were playing & maybe you didn't get to experience the actual events I've set up due to the mixup. It's your decision, maybe everything did work fine up until the ship event.

@_emem041809

You know, I completely forgot about Feebas/Milotic & the "Max Beauty" requirement. I just uploaded an updated rom that changes the way it evolves. Feebas will evolve into Milotic at Lv30. Be sure to download it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Old August 1st, 2012 (09:58 PM).
Fake Name
Beginning Trainer

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/gbarompokemonfirered1.png/
Yes I'm using a clean rom, it's still not working. I think once your next beta is released I will try patching it and see if that works. But do you have any other ideas other than starting a new game? X(

Great game by the way, It's a very interesting story and I would really like to continue.
Old August 1st, 2012 (10:08 PM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

That is weird. I wonder why it isn't working properly for you. Did Kayo at least battle you & Sydney give you cut? If she does, that should trigger the pink haired woman to disappear from blocking your path to battle the 3rd gym leader in Mystic Falls.

EDIT: If you still can't move on, PM me & I'll send you a direct copy of the hack that has the working event. I just played through it & it worked perfectly. (Btw, try after patching it again with the updated rom in the main post, to leave the ship completely. Then return back after entering a poke center.)
Old August 1st, 2012 (10:34 PM).
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
This hack is great, it has a great future ahead I'll be a supporter of this. Just played through the starting and I'd like to say the game is pretty much easy so it'd be nice if you increased the difficulty. I would say that you must decrease the size of the new sprites. Sprites like Mincinno are too big xD. Overall I like the concept a lot and the graphics are great. Wish you good luck in this as you've done a wonderful job.
Old August 1st, 2012 (11:13 PM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Thanks Creampuff. My advice on the difficulty is, play up until the 2nd gym leader, Brock, and Entei. That's when the level difficulty begins to rise alot more. If you still think it's easy after the 2nd gym, I'll ask others & may consider raising it if they agree.
Old August 1st, 2012 (11:32 PM).
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

May I ask a question? Where does this beta end?
Old August 2nd, 2012 (12:05 AM).
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

Just a tiny mistake, when i give the parcel to the person at the mart it says something like the person received oak's parcel is it meant to be like this?
Old August 2nd, 2012 (12:06 AM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post
May I ask a question? Where does this beta end?
Iceland city where the 4th gym is...
Old August 2nd, 2012 (01:38 AM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Justin262

Yes, because the guy is given you something from Prof.Oak(Although I should have changed it to "Oak's package") Prof.Oak will be in the hack later on...Him & Prof.Ivan are Bffs...
Old August 2nd, 2012 (01:57 AM).
emem041809
Unhatched Egg

@DRG ur welcome. Question: I'm in atlantic cave now where brock and ash is. Seems like I can only talk to brock. Two grunts and ash is stagnant as well as two pkms there. Is that a bug? thanks.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (02:37 AM).
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
There are errors of movements allowed anywhere! especially in the trees!
The upper part of a tree can be walked!
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:00 AM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
There are errors of movements allowed anywhere! especially in the trees!
The upper part of a tree can be walked!
Yeah I know that there are many errors, but it will be fixed eventually can you point them out?
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:14 AM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_emem041809

This is what's suppose to be visible & happen during the Brock/Entei event

That's pretty much step by step of the event that's Suppose to occur when you reach that point. I'm playing the last updated rom if that helps.

@_Hacker Bisharp

Yes, can you point out where pls? I believe I fixed most, if not, 99% of the movement positions in the latest updated Beta 1.

It seems some of you are encountering problems that I've tested twice & they were perfect. It could be the patching issues, I'm not sure. So, I'm going to post a Link to download the Gba rom of the EXACT game I'm playing with all of the events & updated fixes on the errors(It'll be in rar file format, so you still have to extract it). I hope this helps. I'll be adding it to the OP in about an hour.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:22 AM).
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
I hope you release the beta soon with the errors corrected
Anyway I beat the gym in iceland city ... the beta is over?
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:26 AM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
I hope you release the beta soon with the errors corrected
Anyway I beat the gym in iceland city ... the beta is over?
Yes, it's over sorry for that...

@DRG

DON'T POST THE ROM! IT'S ILLEGAL!
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:32 AM).
Levimontal
Beginning Trainer

I´ve found a bug in Kyurem´s Den -> I don´t know the stage but somewhere in the cave you can find a item (a Big Pearl), the problem here is, that you can pick it up, but if oyu go away the item will appear again. So you can pick up as many as you want.
The Joy in Iceland City doesn´t say anything and she´s not battling you.
I don´t know if that´s a bug, but the Dark Thug Goonete on the left side in the underground entrance in iceland city isn´t battling by herself, you have to talk to her. Kai´s Dad doesn´t say anything before you beat Kayo.
Now a question: Where should i go next? I´ve defeated Kai, but i can´t go in the cave where Kayo was, because something´s blocking the way.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:32 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

It is???? Thanks for telling me ASAP lol.
Well I guess I'll just post, once again, the rom with 90% of the errors mentioned so far fixed to the OP as an attachment ips. I hope you guys can enjoy all of the events how they were meant to be experienced this time.

EDIT: After you defeat Kai/Kayo, that's the end of the beta. Beta2 will begin full production starting next week. Me & Tajaros are just taking a break this week(Not really, because we still have to fix beta 1 errors.) However, I'll fix Roy&Joy in the pokecenter in Iceland City now, & fix the Big Pearl Error in Iceland City, then upload it to the main thread. The goonete in the Underground city is not meant to battle you unless you talk to her. It's kind of a trick for players who think "Great, I have to battle another Goonete before I can get the gift box" but really, you don't. You can walk pass her and get it.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:36 AM).
Levimontal
Beginning Trainer

Oh ok the Beta´s over sry

Btw: It´s a really great hack (story, pokes, sprites of them, etc.), but the only thing that´s a shame about are the citys. I know you´ve said that you´re not so good in making the citys but they´re a great part of the game and i think it´s the only thing that´s not so good. But all the other things are great!
Old August 2nd, 2012 (03:58 AM).
emem041809
Unhatched Egg

@DRG, when i reached that point it didnt turn out like that.. Im playing the beta you updated yesterday and when i patched the latest beta and played, its the same. Is there any legendary or rare pkmn i suppose to get in that event? If none, i will just continue my journey. Btw, im playing via gameboid. I cant afford to start over again, i love my team set up.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (04:08 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2012 by DarkRisingGirl.
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_emem041809

That's strange it didn't turn out that way. Did you try exiting the cave after the patch? But no, there's no legendary pokemon in that event. You can continue your journey. Sorry if it didn't come out as planed for you.

@_Levimontal

Thanks. Yea I know about the maps. I'm gonna step it up for Beta 2 or get a really good mapper. I'll make sure better mapping is a primary focus next time.

EDIT: Anyone who's having problems with their main events not working how they should, PM ME & I'll assist you personally with the issue. Thank You.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (04:32 AM).
emem041809
Unhatched Egg

@DRG
Ok then. I will try to exit and get back and see if the actual event will happen. Might as well restart my game when beta 2 is done.
Btw, where i suppose to get victini? Please be more specific with the hint. Lol
Thank you.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (04:35 AM).
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by emem041809 View Post
@DRG
Ok then. I will try to exit and get back and see if the actual event will happen. Might as well restart my game when beta 2 is done.
Btw, where i suppose to get victini? Please be more specific with the hint. Lol
Thank you.
Somewhere in Aroma Town!
Old August 2nd, 2012 (05:10 AM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

After 2 people experiencing 2 events that did not happen properly, I thought to myself "Hey, maybe the Fire Red Rom I'm creating the ips with isn't clean enough." So I downloaded another fresh new one & patched my hack to it. I just uploaded the main thread with it. I hope this helps everyone to enjoy All of the events how they were meant to be played. Sorry for the bad experience, everyone.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (05:28 AM).
emem041809
Unhatched Egg

@tajaros
Maraming salamat.

Translation: thank you so much.

Best of luck to beta 2. Great job to both of you.

@DRG
Thank you to the link. Im having a hard time replying your pm. Maybe a network problem.
Old August 2nd, 2012 (05:37 AM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_emem041809

I got the reply, you welcome ^.^

Hey Everyone, the hack may possibly be moving to the Hack Showcase soon. I don't know once it moves to there, if it'll be removed from here as well. So after today or tommorrow(Whenever it's approved to move), if you don't see this thread in the progressions hack section, it's been moved to the Showcase.

Thanks everyone for playing & giving me support. I really appriciate it. Beta 2 will be even more fun than Beta 1.

Sponsored Links