The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old July 27th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
HUZZAH!

I've finally made it to act two of Homestuck. Its so addicting.
Act 1 was good around the end. Act 2 is very good, not gonna lie. =P

I would use a gif, but drunk beat me to it. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post

On other news, I've officially joined the first person revolution. I guess it wasn't as bad as I somehow expected it to be, but I did sort of enjoy second person more… I think?

I don't know, let me know what you think. If you really prefer first person I guess I could just stick with it. /shrugs
Yeah, took a while to get used to it myself.

I liked it :3 You are way better at it than I am, I can tell you that much. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Nah, I like your details! And I'm starting to get used to the tense flips so don't worry about it anymore ^^ We really get to feel what Candice is feeling.
Oh thanks. Hopefully I get better and improve through out the RP. :)
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
@ drunk - you're allowed to write in second person if you want! I kind of liked your style of doing that. So it's up to you :3

UNIPORTANT EDIIITT: Okay xD I'll decide for you. You'll notice at some point in the story what role you have.

AND NOW. Here comes a MASSIVE explanation of the Roles I have in mind for Checkmate. Differences between this and Homestuck are abundant. Don't bother complaining xD So sit down with a cup of coffee or soda and a piece of snacks and read through this.

NOTE: An aspect does not have to be your main weapon - actually it most often isn't. You still battle with your Strife Specibus weapon!

ROLE = "CLASS" of "ASPECT".
The class points at how you should use your powers and the aspect is the nature of your powers. Note that it will take some time before you learn to use this stuff :p

ASPECTS:
Spoiler:
BREATH. A very purely elemental aspect as it allows the Hero to control air and wind - breath. Fraymotifs might allow for many different things to be done with this power.

LUCK. What it says. Depending on your class, you will be able to do things related to luck.

TIME. Slow, speed up or stop time, either for yourself or for others. Time travels (back in time, not into the future) might be possible under very certain circumstances. Depending on your class, you will likely use this aspect differently in different situations.

SPACE. Alter the size of objects and yourself, use telekinesis and even teleportation under special circumstances. Depending on your class, you will likely use this aspect differently in different situations.

MIND. Read or affect minds to some extent and alter or erase memories under special circumstances. There can probably be many creative ways to use this aspect.

LIFE. Heal yourself or others, either physically or mentally or even in other ways... depending on your class, this aspect can utter itself in varying ways but is has to do with light and the sheer force of life.

VOID. Become invisible or become visible when no one else is... This aspect is complicated but has to do with the concept of "nothingness". Depending on your class, it can be used very differently.

HOPE. Maybe easy to understand and a bit alike Luck, but more on the emotional and subjective side rather than Luck's objective and literal side. Depends heavily on your class.

BLOOD. Has to do with the powers of friendship, loneliness and conflicting feelings in general. Heroes with this aspect have a strong affinity for and power over forming or breaking bonds between themselves-others and even others-others, depending on their class.

RAGE. A very useful aspect for offensive classes but a bit trickier for defensive ones. Depending on the class, this aspect can either kick in to help the Hero, or the Hero can be protected from other's rage or even other ways.

DOOM. Has to do with impending death or misery and can either be used to power up a fighter to bring Doom upon their enemies, or to even protect others from impending Doom.

CLASSES:
Spoiler:
"It's hard. Being a kid and growing up. It's hard and nobody understands..."
What do you need to grow up to be? Pick a class whose description you think fits Genevieve / Vinnie / Ricardo / Candice.

HEIR. These are often naive but independent people who need to learn how to communicate and work together with others more. Their aspect seems to protect them, sometimes unconsciously. Depending on the aspect, this "protection" is often turned back against the enemies sometimes.

MAID(f) / MONK(m). These are often nervous and worrying people who need to learn that with a strong heart it is possible to protect and care for others without worrying. Their aspect seems to be used intuitively and unpredictably, almost as if the Maid or Serf was literally made of the aspect.

PRINCE(m) / BRIDE(f). These people are often narcissistic and self-loving and need to learn how to share their talents with others and love others instead of being so full of themselves. Their aspect is used in a very destructive way as these are the most offensive classes.

THIEF. These are often people who try to please others too much and need to learn how to do depend on themselves and dare to do things for themselves to get stronger. They use their aspect in a stealthily offensive way and depending on the aspect they can "steal" that kind of power from enemies to power up themselves.

ROGUE. These are often private and selfish people who need to learn how to use their strengths to benefit and help others rather than themselves. They use their aspect in a stealthily defensive way and depending on their aspect they can "steal" that kind of power from enemies to power up their allies.

MAGE(m) / WITCH(f). These are often people who doubt their own worth and might be depressed. They need to learn to use their own skills to shine and stay optimistic no matter what happens. Their aspect is most often used in a stylish and brilliant way, as to show off as much as possible to strengthen the Mage's/Witch's own confidence.

KNIGHT(m) / SYLPH(f). These people can be very different but have in common that in order to grow as a person, they need to learn how to take off the mask they put on in front of others and learn to trust their friends. Their aspect is used to protect themselves and their dear ones and they are likely to make unselfish sacrifices for the greater good.

BARD(m) / MUSE(f). These are often people who enjoy life as it is but need to learn how to motivate and inspire others and make them find joy in the life they presently have as well. They use their aspect to power up and assist others but when they fight alone, their aspect is the thing that motivates and cheers them on, almost as if the aspect itself was a companion.

Before we go any further, I should explain that a FRAYMOTIF = battle technique. It can be found or bought around the... the SBURB world. Think of them as MOVES in Pokémon :D

And GOD-TIER is when you have reached the highest level possible for mortals and are able to ascend and become a god-like being with much greater control over your aspect. Also, gods can fly :3

Last edited by Adventure; July 30th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
@ Red: No Seer of Space?…

Honestly, I'd rather just have you surprise me! :D
I feel like it'll be more fun for me like that anyways!

Also, I've been coming up with some planets of my own (I've considered writing a fan-fic xD), let me know what you think, and if you're down you should totally use any of these too!:
Spoiler:
  • LORAS - Land of Rocks and Sulfur (decaying planet with sulfur-spewing geysers and no vegetation… this one's probably my favorite so far )
  • LOSAI - Land of Storms and Islands (pretty self explanatory, inhabitants could be crocodile pirates or something :D)
  • LOAAC - Land of Amethysts and Caves (plain planet with a vast network of underground tunnels and light-emitting purple amethysts)
  • LOSAF - Land of Snakes and Frogs (saved for Hero of Space (you know why), this is basically a swamp full of frogs and snakes that eat the frogs… making the hero's mission slightly more… difficult)
  • LOBAL - Land of Blood and Locusts (inspired by the Bible's famous passage about the great famines, the sea is blood, the land is covered by locust carcasses, and travelling clouds of locusts attack anything in their path)

…I have other ideas, but I don't like those as much I guess…

Also,
@Retro: I feel like you should go ahead and post before me… I don't know if there's much for Ricardo to do at this point anyways…
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
I actually like how you explained each one and managed to come up with all of this! =P Although I'll have to go with drunk and say that you should probably give us the titles. Surprise us~
That would make it very fun and exciting!

@drunk - I actually like your planet ideas <3 I could say I like the sound of the Land of Amethysts and Caves. Also like the Land of Rocks and Sulfur. I wish I could make a fan fic, but I'm more of a comic drawer. I lose motivation too easily with writing. ^^;
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherworld9) View Post
@drunk - I actually like your planet ideas <3 I could say I like the sound of the Land of Amethysts and Caves. Also like the Land of Rocks and Sulfur. I wish I could make a fan fic, but I'm more of a comic drawer. I lose motivation too easily with writing. ;
Ha ha! Me too! xP

When I said I've considered it, I meant I've literally only gave the idea a minuscule amount of thought as I shower/watch the olympics…
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Alright, well I'll start writing my post then. Should be up sometime soon-ish.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

I was never going to have a seer because that class involves knowing stuff that only I could know, I think.

I'll delete the details and choose for you then :3
But yeah, planets and roles are really fun to play around with.

I might be busy these next days but I'll read the IC as soon as I can.

Also, Otherworld can draw? Do you think you can draw all four characters from Checkmate? :D

Last edited by Adventure; July 29th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote:
I was never going to have a seer because that class involves knowing stuff that only I could know, I think.

I'll delete the details and choose for you then :3
But yeah, planets and roles are really fun to play around with.

I might be busy these next days but I'll read the IC as soon as I can.

Also, Otherworld can draw? Do you think you can draw all four characters from Checkmate? :D
Seer does involve knowing the outcome, so I guess it does. D: Not sure if it's that exactly or more...

Well, sure. I can try to draw all four, but all I can do is draw cartoons. I'll see if I can draw them by the end of the day. :3 Got no scanner of any sort, so it's going to be taken from an awful photo pic xD
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Cool! I'm trying again to give you roles now xD It's so damn difficult but I'm trying to look at how you've played the characters as well as on your SUs... since a character often evolves after the RP has started and won't necessarily act completely as their SU says.

EDIT: Theeere. I think I've given you classes and aspects now ;D I hope you'll like them. It was tough between some choices but I tried to balance the selfish/unselfish classes and choose interesting yet not too weird aspects. In total, I'm happy with how it turned out. Eventually you'll find out ;)

unimportant edit: omfg Hussie updated with End of Act 6 Act 3. mind. blown. or rather = what did I just watch?

And sorry that I haven't posted in the IC yet :( I'm writing the post, it's just that I don't have much time so I have to split it up. Soon the famous kernelsprite and IMPENDING DOOM will appear!

Last edited by Adventure; July 31st, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Quote:
unimportant edit: omfg Hussie updated with End of Act 6 Act 3. mind. blown. or rather = what did I just watch?
I loved it! :3
It was simply beautiful… in a gory, Saw parody kind of way…

Quote:
And sorry that I haven't posted in the IC yet I'm writing the post, it's just that I don't have much time so I have to split it up. Soon the famous kernelsprite and IMPENDING DOOM will appear![/FONT]
Oh god I can't wait!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Phew, finally got the post ready. Sorry that it took several days :3 but life is life and I'm both studying and doing other business these days. I went with some friends to an amusement park yesterday and had a great time~!

And sorry if Vinnie and Ricardo don't have very much to do atm. Their time will come ;)

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:37 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Oooohh, I get to distract Daddy-O Greyson. Sounds like fun! ~

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:53 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Good luck!

Also, I realize there are a lot of names and stuff to keep track on now. I updated the first IC post to feature more "WEIRD STUFF". It's in sortofalphabetical order. I'll soon add pictures too, so if you encounter a word or thing IC that you have forgotten about, go to the FP (first post) in the IC and search the list to refresh your memory :3

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Oh, wow, its a Fluffysprite!!! :O
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

I saw that coming ever since Candice captchalogued Mr. Fluffy. That's the drawback/advantage with having players who have read Homestuck xD They know what to put in.

For any who didn't know, the Sprite can be prototyped twice. I think it's a good thing if all players know that (OOC) so that you can plan a little if you want.

At least one prototyping needs to be done before... hm, before what is to come :D The second one can be done at any time. You may put a second thing into the Kernelsprite before... um, before stuff happens. But you can also wait or not prototype a second time at all.

If you try to prototype with something that I really don't agree with, I will tell you. As the GM I have the right to object to some things ;p

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Posted!!

Sorry if its hard to read...that was basically freewriting, since I wanted to have Vinnie freak out a bit. Thats basically my own thoughts on there

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

I like your distraction ^^ And yeah, perhaps you can try to be a little more coherent in your posts, but I like that you give us a feeling for what's going on in Vinnie's mind ^^

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Wait, so Gavin is on the roof?

As in climbed out the second floor window and onto the roof… just making sure…

… crazy ass mofo… @_@
Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Somehow, yes :] I guess in my head, the bottom floor was larger than the top floor so there was roof outside of the bathroom on the second floor xD I can edit it to say he climbed down into the garden if Retro thinks that the house did not look anything like that though. Not that it really matters thoughhhhhh

Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Quote:
Somehow, yes :] I guess in my head, the bottom floor was larger than the top floor so there was roof outside of the bathroom on the second floor xD I can edit it to say he climbed down into the garden if Retro thinks that the house did not look anything like that though. Not that it really matters thoughhhhhh
Umm… I think I have a better idea… /smiles deviously.

Mwahahahahaha!

EDIT: Posted. I hope that makes sense; I'm assuming that Gavin's room is on the opposite side as Vieve's, meaning that his window looks out toward the front lawn, not the backyard.
@ Retro: Let me know if you want me to change anything

Last edited by drunk ¬_¬; August 2nd, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
I like your distraction And yeah, perhaps you can try to be a little more coherent in your posts, but I like that you give us a feeling for what's going on in Vinnie's mind

Uh huh. I like writing like that, but my English Teacher said no one could understand it if I jumped too much...and I actually trimmed it down a bit when I edited. But the moments like that in the future will be shorter and less frequent, as well as a bit more coherent.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Oh, I'm a bit confused on how you guys are imagining the house. Not that it's of urgent importance right now.

Perhaps a visional will help me? If it's not too much trouble.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Oh, I'm a bit confused on how you guys are imagining the house. Not that it's of urgent importance right now.

Perhaps a visional will help me? If it's not too much trouble.
I was basically picturing a square house with two floors, and trying to not focus too much on the inside…

To be honest I'm a little confused as to why there are six rooms in the top floor when only three people live in your house… /shrugs

I basically just said that Gavin's room faces the front of the house rather than the back (unlike Vieve's room) to simplify things.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Well, I based the basic concept on my house. And I only have three people with six rooms. Not that weird. It just threw me off because none of the rooms in my house face the front. Which you wouldn't know since I didn't explain any of this. I'm okay now.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
drunk ¬_¬
Inebriated Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Well, I based the basic concept on my house. And I only have three people with six rooms. Not that weird. It just threw me off because none of the rooms in my house face the front. Which you wouldn't know since I didn't explain any of this. I'm okay now.
/shrugs.

I guess I do need to practice my mind-reading skills after all.

Sponsored Links