• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALWAYS CHECK BACK FOR THE MOST UPDATED REVISION. THERE WILL BE A RC 3.XX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the official game page (Outdated) or Check out the official website (TBA)
Welcome to Pokémon Normal Version: Elemental Division Game Thread v3.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Build Version: 3.0 RC 2.73
Incoming Beta Version: 4

The Basic Information
This is a rom hack of Pokémon Fire Red
Pokémon Normal Version: Elemental Division
Pokémon Normal (Version) for short
----------------------------------------------------
Normal Version's pre-sequel...
Pokémon Teal Version: Alphere's Throne
Rom hack of Pokémon Emerald
As a predecessor (Slated for 2015-2017)

Normal Version's sequel...
Pokémon Ultimate ZX: God of Restoration
Rom hack of Pokémon ?????
As a successor (Slated for 2015-2017)
[Will take place in a NEW region]
My dream is to create a trilogy. I hope so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
The Normal Team!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FrozenInfernoZX: General Manager
Ace_Master_of_Turtles: Protagonist Creator
Nakasu: Trailer Creator
xGal: GSC Music Composer
Aiden Margatroid: Banner Creator
133.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokeball_icon.png
The Introduction
The noble and quite popular Professor Oak has made a national announcement on television stating that he will be visting the Taejo region. Excitement rained upon the local Taejo residents, but none other than Javyer Quau. Professor Oak has stated that he will be moving to Brighton Town, a town located on the western border of the Taejo and neighbor of the undeveloped Seijo region. Javyer's son Zaquar Quau who is 19 at the time is also excited to hear this wonderful news. The Quau family patiently awaits for Oak's arrival...
470.gif

Pokeball_icon.png
The Storyline
Pokémon Normal Version will be based on the theory of continental drift which will correlate to the legendary Pokémon Regigigas. Hence the title, "Normal Version." In order to add a little twist to the capturing of Regigigas, the legendary will be in the quite popular fan made "Sky Forme." (I will try to sprite a sky form Regigigas based on a few awesome fan made images I've seen on the internet). Also, the starter of the game will be Eevee with Professor Oak doing research on what makes Normal Pokémon so diverse. (Meaning that they are able to learn elemental attacks like ice beam, volt bolt, flamethower all in one moveset). An Eevee is given to indulge in his research. Some Pokemon from every region will be included in the game in a custom made Region Dex, with an "Extended" Dex later on in the story. The game will take place in the Taejo and Seijo region (with historic references to a historic region called Uiyto). Region names were based on the similarities between Kanto's and Johto's names (One letter before the K, J. T and S and similar endings) since these were my favorite regions. In addition, players will get to battle my counterparts "Frozen" (user of Ice and Steel) and "Inferno" (user of Fire and Rock) as they will be deeply involved in the story. Frozen wants to wipe out all life forms on the planet with the "Ice Age" and Inferno wants to build landmass in order to create his "New World." My third counterpart is hinted, but I'll leave it a secret.
136.gif
Pokeball_icon.png
The Features
- My adjusted "Two Region Level Curve" (Expands lifespan of game/post-game)
- HM 08 Upheaval, a Regigigas exclusive signature move to unlock new areas!
- Expanded Song Table (which means all kinds of new music!)
- Morning/Day/Night music in many places/routes/towns!
- Sky Forme Regigigas (with a new signature Ground Type move, Upheaval)
- Two full regions with plenty of post league activity and side quests! Two Pokémon Leagues!
- Tracks from Super Mario/Sonic/Pokémon Emerald/
And "Reinstrumentalized" midis!
- Periodic Graphical Overhauls Phases I/II/II/IV (Phase II Completed)
- Protagonist Seijo Powerups: Some like Dragon Fist and Ledge Jump!
- Encountering my counterparts: Frozen/Inferno/And ???? (Guess it!)
- Taejo Police Department (TPD) Red Light Safety System! (RLSS)
- Custom made "Regional Dex (247 Pokémon) Seijo Dex (323 Pokémon) Gene Dex (361 Pokémon)!"
* The Gene Dex is apart of the Seijo Dex. A huge study of Seijo is the study of genetics
- New regional custom Pokémon abilities, Pokémon stats, and Pokémon types, etc
- Some Pokémon from each of the six regions!
* And four from the FIZX Generation! Normeon! Curseon! Draceon! Xzeneon! Maybe more!
- Morning/Daytime/Evening/Late-Evening/Nighttime Pokémon Wild Encounters!
- Time of Day Events w/ Weekly Events! (Lola's Garden!)
- 4th Generation Physical/Special Class Split
- New money currency! Work hard for your money!
- DPPtHGSSBWBW2XY Pokémon Sprites (I'm going to take the best one from each game)
- Class based, regional, and varying trainer music!
- Deletable HMs! And maybe reusable TMs
- Berry and apricorn trees make a return!
- My Interpreted Fairy-Type!
(Based on the interconnection between the Electric/Bug Typings!)
- Enhanced Type Chart
- Decapitalization on everything!
- Custom TM/SM/HM List (Ex. Multi Beam is SM04) Play the game to find out what SMs are!
- Uncover the aftermath of the Uiyto region!
- Classic GSC Johto Influenced Game Style and Mapping (Since I love the Johto region)
- Youngster Joey's revenge!
- New Criminal Organization with some added twists: Team Chasm/Criminal Egos/Super Rockets
- Secret Seijo Grottos!
- My instant Hack n' Play beta testing style
- Download Packs! Unlock new areas!
- Navigator System! It's a key item that will tell you what to do next!
- Inverse Wild/Trainer Battles!
- A signature move for EVERY Legendary! And some
Pokémon!
- BW2 Repel System!
134.gif

Pokeball_icon.png
The Screenshots
Upcoming Beta 4 Version
Featuring four new Eevee Evolutions, Seijo, and Post Taejo League Areas
Much more graphical updates, improved title screen, and a cleaner game engine
To Be Announced...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~
Upcoming Build Version 3.0 RC 3
The flag glitch will be fully fixed for this version, sorry for the RC 2 glitches
Hero now have a new purple/blue
color scheme and better movement
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon%20Normal_08_zpso2tm3q3c.png

135.gif

Pokeball_icon.png
The Credits
Pokécommunity Members
Ace_Master_of_Turtles - Taejo Leader Sprites/Protagonist Creator
Ashketchum24 - Trainer Sprites
dreamengine - Basic Sprites/Overworld Sprites
xGal - GSC Music Composer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Programs/Implementations
64 x 64 Trainer Sprites Resource: Attrage/Rizon
64 x 64 Pokémon Sprites Resource
Advance Map v1.92: LU-HO
Advance Trainer: HackMew
Advanced Series: Wichu
Alistair ROM Base: Alistair
Alternative Bootscreen: ep!c
All-Instrumental Patch: Blazer/Alisa180
Alternative Oak Background: ep!c
Battle Backgrounds: HollowRoxas/Wesley
Berry Bag Item Selection Routine: Shiny Quagsire
B/W Music Patch (Few Tracks): zortac
Class-Regional Based Music: Jambo51
Crystal Kanto Music Patch: zortac
DNS: prime-dialga

Flags-Vars Extension: Jambo51
General Tiles: Wesley FG/Other public resources
Hacked Fire Red Engine: JPAN
Hex Editor HxD: The hex values (Special thanks to FF values!) LOL
HP Bar Patch: HollowRoxas
JPAN Save Block Patch
Inverse Battle Routine:
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
Physical/Special Split Graphics: Darthatron (Jambo's edited routine)
Physical/Special Split: DoesntKnowHowToPlay
Repel System (BW2): Darthatron
Trainer EV-IV Values: DoesntKnowHowToPlay
YAPE: silver314
471.gif

Pokeball_icon.png
The Support
Credit goes to mavy42! Awesome work!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having trouble progressing in the game? (Updated)
Credit goes to Nakasu! Awesome work!
Go Normal!
196.gif

Pokeball_icon.png
The Progression and Download Center
Please Note (Please Read): As per Build 3.0 RC 3 basis.
These are not bugs. They just have not been implemented yet.
- This game is meant to be CHALLENGING and FUN. Use the Navigator!
- The hero has NO TRAINER BACKSPRITE YET.
- The Pokédex Pokémon data locations have NOT BEEN DONE YET.
- Some OW/trainer sprites have not been inserted yet.
- The hero and his younger brother's introduction sprites have not been inserted yet.
They have been masked. Professor Oak may get a new intro sprite
- Some item graphics have been replaced with a nice black question mark.
I'm still making item graphics for most things.
- Lastly, those lines that appear before the title screen appears are supposed to be there.
They are there because it is needed to conceal the original animation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Official Build Release Timeline:

Live Build 3.0 RC 2.73: Released! - July 3, 2016
Always delete CURRENT SAVE when starting a new game
Last build for future versions to require a NEW SAVE file
Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.LU)
Download Packs:
All these download packs requires the in-game Expansion Pak key item.

Gale Wings event key item. With this key item, you will be given special flight access to Blue Green Island where you can catch the island roaming Latios (Blue) and Latias (Green)! Go to

Pokéwood's recently built NORTHERN Pokémart after an in-game event to pick up your promotional item! For 3.0 RC 3. Download Here (Coming soon with the release of build 3.0 RC 3).

Download packs are in IPS format which will be patched OVER the current specified up to date build version that you should be playing.
Documentations:
The Online FAQ Board (Outdated)
BasicPlayGuide (Outdated)
Ultimate ZX Trilogy (Outdated)

Bug Report:
(Glitches) (Easter Eggs) (Minor Bugs) (Severe Bugs) (Breakers)
These may be fixed, but not in current build version!
(R001) Catching a Pokémon species for the first time will bring up a garbled Pokédex background. This only happens for that and not the actual Pokédex. Maybe it's a RAM overlap.
(R002) Playing this game on non-traditional (ones that are not VBA-M) emulators may cause freezes in certain areas.
197.gif
Pokeball_icon.png
Beta Testers and Checkpoints
Apply for a beta testing position!
Beta Testers
Gold1310
Flamebot
486.gif

2014's Closing Words
* Alpha 1 was just a small self beta tested version of what I have made so far.
* Beta 1 will progress up to the third town of West Taejo, Silversky Town.
* Beta 2 will complete the continental land (excluding northeast) of Taejo.
* Beta 3 will complete the oceanic land of Taejo, Taejo League, and Post Taejo League.
Beta 4 Plus will contain Seijo and newly accessible areas of Taejo.
* Also when playing rom hacks, don't sneak peek through Advance Map
because it ruins your fun of the game and finding its secrets!
* The goal of my hack is to strive for simplicity, quality, and consistency.
It will emulate the unique style of what the Johto region presented in Pokémon
Crystal and in inclusion that it was my most memorable nostalgic region.
Pokémon Normal Version (FIZX 2012-2014)

250.gif
249.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
The screen shots look really nice, but you don't specify much. Like what Pokemon are you choosing to be in the game? Will the 'new' Pokemon have new moves and new movesets?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Nice hack you got here I really like how you inserted the World Map! :)

Also I quite don't agree with the textbox being colored gray, I can't see some of the text idk maybe it's just me... :(

If you changed the OW it would be more greatly appreciated! :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
The screen shots look really nice, but you don't specify much. Like what Pokemon are you choosing to be in the game? Will the 'new' Pokemon have new moves and new movesets?

For example, Eevee is going to be #001 in the Regional Dex and its evolutions #002 - #008. Regigigas is #245. Latias/Latios are #123 and #124 respectively. If you have good suggestions for what Pokémon you would like to see in the game, that would be great!

As far as new moves go, I haven't learned how to do it. But the sky is the limit for me. So I am going to learn about the process and see how I can implement it into the game.
If I am going to add new moves, that means I will need to add the 4th generation move split. I will see about that in the near future. In the Taejo/Seijo Region,
Pokémon contains altered stats, movesets, evolutions, types, etc.

And
tajaros, Thanks! Since it's a small graphical thing, I'll see how it goes with the grey colored textbox. If more people have difficulties with it, I'll be more than welcomed to change it! And yeah, I am definitely going to change the hero sprite, it's just not on my priority list right now.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
The tiles and mapping are awesome! My only gripe would be the textbox haha. Besides that, everything else is cool. Looking forward to this hack :)

Reactions: IGR
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Well it just so happens that I have a list of Pokemon I'd love to see in this game namely: ((I'll just give one Pokemon eg. Eevee for Eevee and its evolutions)) Porygon, Lillipup, Castform, Deino, Sneasel, Budew, Staryu, Elekid, Pawniard, Petilil, Tynamo, Riolu, Solosis, Ralts, Poliwag, Duskull, Yanma, Seviper, Growlithe, Togepi. That's about 50 Pokemon.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It looks awesome, the text box looks cool :o and the idea is nice, but i wanna look up sky form reggigas, I never heard of it...
Good luck!

I had a similar idea for regigigas for my hack, but not like, a whole new form, just something different~

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
It looks awesome, the text box looks cool :o and the idea is nice, but i wanna look up sky form reggigas, I never heard of it...
Good luck!

I had a similar idea for regigigas for my hack, but not like, a whole new form, just something different~

When Platinum was first announced, it was rumored that Regigigas would be receiving a Sky Forme. However, it was Shaymin that received the Forme. I always felt that a Sky Forme Regigigas would have been awesome, but his stats without Slow Start would of been... lol.

when can i download this?

I am looking at a release date of around Q4 2013 or Q1 2014. It will get completed. Could be as early as Q3 2013. However, inserting ASM and learning new things along the way will take time. Then, I'll need my beta testing phase.

Well it just so happens that I have a list of Pokemon I'd love to see in this game namely: ((I'll just give one Pokemon eg. Eevee for Eevee and its evolutions)) Porygon, Lillipup, Castform, Deino, Sneasel, Budew, Staryu, Elekid, Pawniard, Petilil, Tynamo, Riolu, Solosis, Ralts, Poliwag, Duskull, Yanma, Seviper, Growlithe, Togepi. That's about 50 Pokemon.

Sounds great! I actually didn't want to choose all the Pokemon for the Regional Dex because it will just end up as a Pokedex favorite list 0_o lol. More recommendations from anybody else, highly appreciated!

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Nice hack, Inferno. The screen-shot looks good. Also, I like this hack beacuse it has 2 Regions like Pokemon Light Platinum. I definitely support this Hack.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wow, that is a sweet region map! I don't like the outside however, everything is tinted red like its a late autumn evening? Unless you've somehow inserted seasons then that should be changed, it looks displeasing >.< other than that an the OW, looks good!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Route Update

Wow, that is a sweet region map! I don't like the outside however, everything is tinted red like its a late autumn evening? Unless you've somehow inserted seasons then that should be changed, it looks displeasing >.< other than that an the OW, looks good!

Thanks! I have day and night inserted and I took all my screenshots during sunset which was between 6pm and 8pm, lol.

Here's Route 49, the first route (not really, having to pass through a small portion of Route 57 which is accessed later in the game), like Johto's Route 46. Youngster Joey resides here... hehehe. Connections to Route 57 and Seaview Town.
Spoiler:

And here's Route 57 where Murk Cave is located, one of the two routes along the downhill path from Ignite Heights, located in the most north western section of the Taejo Region. Connections to Route 56, Route 49, and Brighton Town.
Route 56 will be more mountainous.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Here are my suggestions for your custom Pokedex:

-The Pichu line
-The Gastly line
-The Bagon line
-The Beldum line
-The Smoochum line
-The Magby line
-The Rhyhorn line
-The Magnemite line
-The Tangela line
-The Gligar line
-The Joltik line
-The Ferroseed line
-The Larvesta line
-The Litwick line
-The Machop line
-The Abra line
-The Shellder line
-The Houndour line
-The Skorupi line
-Tauros and Miltank

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Thanks for the Pokedex suggestions!
Here's my slightly redesigned Pokecenter.
Spoiler:

The guards on the right are awaiting the grand opening of the Pokemart (which is now a new section of the Pokecenter) which will be available after obtaining the first Gym Badge from Bugsler.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
If you want any Normal/Flying Pokemon in this hack, then may I suggest the Starly line and the Doduo line?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Pokedex Update

I used Pidgey for the regional bird, since its my favorite one, but here's my W.I.P Pokedex.
I recently finished the ordering from #000 - #247 (Taejo Dex) and #248 - #324 (Extended Dex)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back