The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
No, no. They're Humphrey Bogart and Claude Rains. They have a beautiful friendship.

Andy, I don't love films and TV. I am full of spite and vitriol. I love to criticize TV and films.
At first I though you said "Sprite and vitriol". And I was all like "wut you do with soda and acid? Gurl you crazy."

anywho, I love to watch movies only when I can choose when to watch. Things like Netflix are a lot more comfortable to me than a movie theater.

That being said I do hate watching dem new movies alone. They're so boring when you don't have a friend to screw around with and to make parodic impressions of characters with.

Though I find that I love movies and TV shows once I watch them. (See: Soul Eater :P)

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
At first I though you said "Sprite and vitriol". And I was all like "wut you do with soda and acid? Gurl you crazy."
Vitriol would make a great name for a soda brand. It would taste awful though.

And I also like to make noise and so on during movies when I'm with friends. If I don't then all of the witty and insightful comments that pop into my head disappear by the time the movie is over.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
I only like other people watching a movie with me and talking to me if it's a comedy or light-hearted movie, otherwise stay the hell away from me. I roar and shed my human form to reveal Beelzebub himself if I am interrupted by a stupid comment by someone in the room.
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Don't. Talk. To me. When I'm watching. A movie.

Whether it's in the cinema or at home with friends, I hate hate hate it when people talk over films. When I'm at home with friends, I don't say anything; instead, I mentally think of obscure ways to revel in their gruesome deaths. It's more becoming of me, I think. :D
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

I absolutely hate it when people try and talk to me while watching something. There are certain friends I no longer see movies with because of that. >_>
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Tbh if I wanted to watch movies by myself I have literally 15 or so hours of free time to do that so when I watch movies I just goof off. Though usually I don't have anything to say so yeahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
gruesome deaths
I hope to see you on the news one day.

Last edited by droomph; July 29th, 2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
When I'm at home with friends, I don't say anything; instead, I mentally think of obscure ways to revel in their gruesome deaths. It's more becoming of me, I think. :D
Oh, lord, Jon, forget what I said about you being Katharine Hepburn, you’re just some crazy Jigsaw-esque villain who needs to be stopped!
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

On second thought I would like to play a little game, Mr Cat Dog.

Are you secretly Jigsaw's apprentice? Because that's just aweeeesome

Old July 29th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

I...I have always had a soft spot for the first three Saw movies. When Amanda & Jigsaw died I gave up on the movies, but I kept on watching them anyway. I didn't expect anything above two stars, and to be honest, the first three aren't magnificent either, and I wasn't wrong in my expectations. I haven't bothered to see number seven in the series, though. I imagine sitting through that for an hour and a half would want to make me die in one of Jigsaw's mechanisms myself.
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
D:

It's 3am, I was just drifting off into a nice sleep... and all of a sudden I thought "C&M DCC!" I was jolted awake and grabbed my phone, only to discover to my disgust that I have not posted here for five days. Ffffffff.

I'm glad I missed the classic movie discussion though, boring! Everything I know about Casablanca I learned from watching Gilmore Girls.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Esper

They've made seven Saw movies? sgsjghsgdf

If they could do that then why couldn't we have had, say, better adaptations of His Dark Materials (a.k.a. The Golden Compass and sequels) or the Narnia books? D;

deviantart blog pair
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

I don't think Hollywood would allow such atheist 'propaganda' material (His Dark Materials did have its roots in atheism, right? I hope I haven't gotten the wrong series, oops) to be released in mainstream media, lol. Society would fall apart at the seams! Civilizations would crumble! Nicole Kidman!
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
They've made seven Saw movies? sgsjghsgdf

If they could do that then why couldn't we have had, say, better adaptations of His Dark Materials (a.k.a. The Golden Compass and sequels) or the Narnia books? D;
I would say the Narnina movies are pretty awesome, rather different from the books at times, but they're still fun. The Golden Compass was...whoamama that movie had problems right from the start. I think the director even came out and pretty much disowned The Golden Compass now for what he feels was too much executive meddling thanks to the controversy over the book itself. It's something the studio should have been prepared for, but I think they just say a successful book series and wanted to capture some of that Harry Potter book to movie magic.

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:55 PM
Katholic Nun

You know, I really don't know how successful that book series could have been. I had not even heard of it once before that movie happened, and I haven't heard of it once since.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I don't think Hollywood would allow such atheist 'propaganda' material (His Dark Materials did have its roots in atheism, right? I hope I haven't gotten the wrong series, oops) to be released in mainstream media, lol. Society would fall apart at the seams! Civilizations would crumble! Nicole Kidman!
No, you're right. That's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
I would say the Narnina movies are pretty awesome, rather different from the books at times, but they're still fun. The Golden Compass was...whoamama that movie had problems right from the start. I think the director even came out and pretty much disowned The Golden Compass now for what he feels was too much executive meddling thanks to the controversy over the book itself. It's something the studio should have been prepared for, but I think they just say a successful book series and wanted to capture some of that Harry Potter book to movie magic.
I guess the Narnia movies weren't too bad. They just felt a little too CG-tastic for me. And I'm a little bitter they didn't do them all. Not as bitter at what they did with The Golden Compass, but with that at least I feel like they failed so completely I never had to get my hopes up that they might make more.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Katholic Nun

ZDUYRGHVAKREYHVBAKERUGYAKERULYGVHAERGIUWYHJBKERUTBVKQHGREVBIERG

I am half disgusted and half retardedly excited for this news.

CBS is remaking The Brady Bunch! The twist? This time it's Bobby Brady, the youngest of the boys, who will be the divorced father who marries a lady who is bringing up three very lovely girls.

Now, logically I know this is going to be terrible. But I was a huge Brady Bunch fan as a kid and part of me thinks that with the right formula and the right modern twist which makes it not quite so happy-clappy, it could actually be a pretty entertaining train crash to watch! If this gets ordered to series, I will be tuning in so hard. I just don't know whether I'll be in it to laugh with it or at it lmao.

HERE IS THE NEWS REPORT

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

I've never seen a single episode of The Brady Bunch :(
But, I hope they make 5253524 references to the original father in the series being a homosexual in real life, lol.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Katholic Nun

The Brady Bunch was iconic! It was also terrible, but that's neither here nor there. You didn't miss much, but at the same time you missed everything.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

What the hell? Where is everyone? We can't keep letting this die!
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Ugh, I know. Culture tends to die during any Olympics, and I don't want it to happen here as well. Indeed, it's probably time for a title change! :D
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

We can tough it out for another six days (at least, six days your time)! I imagine there'll be a bit of "well that was fun let's discuss it a bit more" talk afterwards, but six days and then the London 2012 Black Death will have left C&M for another four years.
We can do this, guys!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Katholic Nun

Can we please temporarily turn this into the "I hate the Olympics" thread?

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Ooh China is winning.

In all honesty apart from the 2008 Olympics (mostly because my grandparents were proud as heck to have them hosted in China) I have never followed them.

Though I do think baseball should be in the Olympics. We need to prove to the world how awesome we and Japan are at winning at life.

Edit: no, a better title: "MR CAT DOG SECRETLY HOSTED THE OLYMPICS (C&M DCC)"

Old August 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

I've successfully avoided watching the Olympics at all (aside from that lolopening thing). Go me!
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algo Fonix View Post
I've successfully avoided watching the Olympics at all (aside from that lolopening thing). Go me!
Same here, as well as a brief bit of Gymnastics while at my grandparents. I feel bad though considering I may not see another olympics in my own country during my lifetime. Truth is I'm just not into sport as much as other people. I'm happier going out and doing things or chilling out in my room being musically creative and productive. This whole olympics thing just isn't on my priorities list.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here