Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2012, 01:05 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee

Advertise here
Congrats Rykerr and danaxe (?). Both totally awesome shinies ;D

Welcome to the club danaxe and Damn Heatrans 123 (Hai ;P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
You actually can get Victini/Zekrom/Reshiram at least semi-legit if you use an AR to remove the shiny check code and by doing this it becomes a regular 1/8192 hunt, just fyi. Cause I was contemplating hunting Reshiram this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOIJGYqUZM <<< Click here to see
Anyway...
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 11277 SRs
Viridian Forest - 1300 REs
Dialga - 797 SRs
Yeah not too much change since last time I've been watching too much olympics (if that's even possible). I honestly have never heard the queen talk before the opening ceremony.
You SR sooo fast! And the queen thing made me chuckle xD

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
try again, sir. Victini, along with Resh and Zek in Black and White are programmed to NOT be shiny. the new version of those two in B/W2 though, as far as i know, CAN be shiny
Victini, Resh, and Zek can be SR'd if you use an AR to remove the shiny check (as was already mentioned), making them semi-legit.

Also, sorry to be a killjoy, but Resh, Zek, and Keldeo CANNOT be shiny in B/W2 =P
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Keruso

well, not quite who i was hoping for. im gonna continue hunting here til i get my target. i'll post stats next time
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM
NeonTsuba
Beginning Trainer

I've now started SRing Terrakion, 539 resets so far.
Good luck everyone.
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome all new members and congrats on all new shinies!

Welcome back, TSE!

Sorry to hear about the Lunatone, G-Money. Several times I've looked at the red eye and wondered if it was the shiny form.

This week's random hunt is... Duskull!

Litwick: 2,802
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
shinycollector
I'm back!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinycollector Send a message via Yahoo to shinycollector
Hello everyone :).

Its been a very very long time since I posted here and even check the pole community. It's funny as for my last post when I was around 14 - 15 years old, I sounded so immature well what I'm trying to say is that I'm back :D. Been focusing on studies and work these couple of years and I do play pokemon at times but I rarely hunt (SR's) sadly I lost my emerald game and all shinies around the same time I turned 16 lost all my shinies :'( on that savefile. Don't worry since that tragedy like I said I do play pokemon but not to an extent of shiny hunting I've acquired games like Soul Silver, Platinum, Pearl, Diamond and Black on my DS lite and I do have a fair amount of new shinies I encoutered on these games.

I'll be posting pics of my new shinies on my next post. I'm currently writing this at work on my iPhone :/ bored zzz.. Anyways I bid you all goodluck on your Shiny Hunts! I will
be SRing soon for my own Lugia.

Good to be back.
Proud Member of SHC!
Credits to MetalMario and to ♥Nova♥!
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:43 AM
SHINY CHARIZARD#1
Shiny Hunting Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to SHINY CHARIZARD#1
I'm back! :D Do i have to re-join cuz i was gone about a year. xD sorry about that.
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
TheShinyEevee

Welcome back to the two posters abooove
Thanks Latios :D
Congrats Keruso! ;D Hope you get what you want soon xP

My hunts, before I fall asleep... xD
Ho-oh: 11,725
Treecko: 6,550

Good luck everybody!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:04 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Between EVing and training my Pokemon, I've had 2500 encounters throughout the wilderness of Unova over the past week or so, mostly Audino. No shinies so far, but the journey has just begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Been too long since I hunted!
Quote:
im still alive
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaxe View Post
please may i join
You're welcome to join the club as long as you're honest with us. Having less shinies won't make us think any less of you, and if you just tell us the truth we'd be more than happy to let you join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
shiny Giratina!
Congrats, rykerr! You're starting to rival Keruso now, getting 4 shinies in a month, "lol."

Quote:
well, not quite who i was hoping for.
Congrats, Keruso! A shiny is a shiny. You're going to have to keep up with rykerr now if she continues this pace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Heatrans 123 View Post
why not join
Welcome to the club! I hope you can reclaim your Snover (and maybe get a shiny Heatran as some sort of revenge? "lol").

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycollector View Post
Hello everyone .

Its been a very very long time since I posted here
Welcome back, shinycollector!!!!! It's always awesome to have great legends of the past return to carry the banner of the SHC proudly into the future! *war horn*

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald games, but hopefully you've gotten a bunch of other shinies to make up for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINY CHARIZARD#1 View Post
I'm back! :D Do i have to re-join cuz i was gone about a year. xD sorry about that.
Welcome back, SHINY CHARIZARD#1! You're still a member!

The SHC chat has been closed. It wasn't really fair for SS01 to put so much effort into it when it hardly saw any activity, so the chat has been removed. In light of this development, may you be encouraged to post more! :cer_laugh:
Shiny Hunting Status:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; July 31st, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Keruso

Quote:
The SHC chat has been closed. It wasn't really fair for SS01 to put so much effort into it when it hardly saw any activity, so the chat has been removed. In light of this development, may you be encouraged to post more!
well, it didnt help that the only people who were regulars where me, TSE and SS01. no one else bothered to come
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:17 AM
shinycollector
I'm back!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinycollector Send a message via Yahoo to shinycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Welcome back, shinycollector!!!!! It's always awesome to have great legends of the past return to carry the banner of the SHC proudly into the future! *war horn*

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald games, but hopefully you've gotten a bunch of other shinies to make up for them. :)
Legend? No way I'm one of them lol, It's just really good that the Club I've loved back then is still going strong till now. A good progress that never ends :)

Anyways yeah I've acquired some new shinies. It is saddening though when I think about it that I've lost my Latios and Rayquaza hard to let them go.

I'll try post pics later on or when I find time.
So far:
Shiny Suicine(WIN2011)
Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Gyarados (don't know if this counts lol)
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Lillipup
Shiny Rapidash
Shiny Arcanine
Shiny Rhydon
Shiny Aggron
Shiny Basculin

Note: I transferred these pokemons from different savefiles so really don't know the exact time or the exact game where I found them.

Likewise, Its great to be back !

I'm going to try reset my SoulSilver maybe hunt for a lugia?
Or even try freaking buy a second hand Emerald,Sapphire and Ruby in EB games so I can try for the legendaries there aswell.

Goodluck huntin!
Proud Member of SHC!
Credits to MetalMario and to ♥Nova♥!
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Damn Heatrans 123
Beginning Trainer

Sorry for not posting in ages because I was playing through SS trying to get to the point in which I could search for a shiny caterpie as its golden and I like things that are golden :D

P.s : Dropped the snover, cos caterpie is GOLDEN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Quote:
Sorry for not posting in ages because I was playing through SS trying to get to the point in which I could search for a shiny caterpie as its golden and I like things that are golden :D

Yet it turns out you only find caterpie in the v forest in HG soooooooo Weedle it is.

Last edited by Damn Heatrans 123; August 1st, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
well, it didnt help that the only people who were regulars where me, TSE and SS01. no one else bothered to come
You better start being a regular again in the new chat

Quote:
Legend? No way I'm one of them lol, It's just really good that the Club I've loved back then is still going strong till now. A good progress that never ends

Anyways yeah I've acquired some new shinies. It is saddening though when I think about it that I've lost my Latios and Rayquaza hard to let them go.

I'll try post pics later on or when I find time.
So far:
Shiny Suicine(WIN2011)
Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Gyarados (don't know if this counts lol)
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Lillipup
Shiny Rapidash
Shiny Arcanine
Shiny Rhydon
Shiny Aggron
Shiny Basculin

Note: I transferred these pokemons from different savefiles so really don't know the exact time or the exact game where I found them.

Likewise, Its great to be back !

I'm going to try reset my SoulSilver maybe hunt for a lugia?
Or even try freaking buy a second hand Emerald,Sapphire and Ruby in EB games so I can try for the legendaries there aswell.

Goodluck huntin!
They're some dang awesome shinies! I hope your Lugia/whatever you decide on hunting goes well!

Quote:

Yet it turns out you only find caterpie in the v forest in HG soooooooo Weedle it is.
Dang. Do you have FR/LG? You could hunt golden caterpie on there?

My hunts:
Ho-oh: 12,000 SRs exactly!
Treecko: 7,040 SRs

I might stay home most of tomorrow to hunt. I'm gonna need to chat!!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
G-Money

TSE has been kind enough to make a new chat for the SHC! This one has more features than the last and has been personalized for SHC use! I highly recommend that everyone checks it out!

http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub

Quote:
Emerald
No, not Emerald! :cer_disbelief:
Shiny Hunting Status:

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Not much to say here except....
Spoiler:

OMG SHINY HO-OH. I've been hunting this thing all summer and it FINALLY shone today after 11623 SRs. It has a Adamant Nature so I will definitely be EV training it. I am so relieved this shone it was was longest hunt by far and I'm glad it's over. Now all I need is a Shiny via Random Encountering to complete the yearly quest.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
G-Money

The August Monthly Quest!!

This month is August, the month during which the town of Twinsburg, Ohio celebrates Twins Days! It's also a month during which the SHC will lend moral support to the Minnesota Twins baseball team in an attempt to prevent them from breaking the all-time record for losses in a season. ( :cer_tongue: @ Latios Master) It'll be tough, but the Twins have about a 1/8192 chance of winning another game this year, so they know what it's like to face the odds of shiny hunting! Let's show that Twins can be winners!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain a pair of shinies that are twins/rivals/pairs. For example, you could get something like:
  • Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus

Or any other pair you can think of! Be creative and have fun!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 3nd, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

Quote:
Spoiler:
OMG SHINY HO-OH
Spoiler:
Congrats! I see you've taken Chr. Draco's style of announcing new shinies, "lol!"
Shiny Hunting Status:

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
TSE has been kind enough to make a new chat for the SHC! This one has more features than the last and has been personalized for SHC use! I highly recommend that everyone checks it out!

http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub

No, not Emerald! :cer_disbelief:
*Bows*
LOL, no, really, I hope we get a bunch of people on there. It's real nice to have someone to chat to while you boringly hunt x3

Quote:
Spoiler:

OMG SHINY HO-OH. I've been hunting this thing all summer and it FINALLY shone today after 11623 SRs. It has a Adamant Nature so I will definitely be EV training it. I am so relieved this shone it was was longest hunt by far and I'm glad it's over. Now all I need is a Shiny via Random Encountering to complete the yearly quest.
Spoiler:
Haha, congratulations! Boy, do you deserve it! Now, uh, I'd like some of whatever pokemon food it was you persuaded Ho-oh to be shiny with, please. Lots of it. :D

Quote:

This month is August, the month during which the town of Twinsburg, Ohio celebrates Twins Days! It's also a month during which the SHC will lend moral support to the Minnesota Twins baseball team in an attempt to prevent them from breaking the all-time record for losses in a season. ( :cer_tongue: @ Latios Master) It'll be tough, but the Twins have about a 1/8192 chance of winning another game this year, so they know what it's like to face the odds of shiny hunting! Let's show that Twins can be winners!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain a pair of shinies that are twins/rivals/pairs. For example, you could get something like:
  • Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus
Or any other pair you can think of! Be creative and have fun!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 3nd, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:
Congrats! I see you've taken Chr. Draco's style of announcing new shinies, "lol!"
Obviously gonna go after Ho-oh & Lugia as twins. Now I have to come up with fun twin names for 'em >;D

Ending toniiiight at:

Ho-oh: 12,260 SRs!
Treecko: 7,440 SRs!

EDIT 3rd August 2012:
Ho-oh: 12,600 SRs!
Treecko: 7,930 SRs!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
  • Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus
Do we need to obtain both shinies during August? For example, I already have Kyogre and Giratina and I'm currently hunting Groudon and Palkia so... =P

If not then hopefully Palkia and Dialga will both shine this month, since I will be hunting Dialga once Palkia shines. I'm currently at 2k Palkais, only 300 Groudons since I've been sidetracked getting a suitable Smeargle (Since I needed something with Spore since Groudon can't be T'Waved) and leveling it up (hopefully it won't get pwned at 71?).

Good luck everyone in August!

EDIT: Also... do shinies that I got before I joined the club here count for the yearly quest? If so, I think Giratina completes it O.o If not, then I think I only need an RE shiny to complete the quest =O
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the new shinies and welcome back returning members!

I forgot the link to the old chat, which explains why I was rarely in there.

I like the new contest, it's different from what we normally do. I think I'll MM the Nidorans.

My poor Twins...
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
G-Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
Do we need to obtain both shinies during August? For example, I already have Kyogre and Giratina and I'm currently hunting Groudon and Palkia so... =P

EDIT: Also... do shinies that I got before I joined the club here count for the yearly quest? If so, I think Giratina completes it O.o If not, then I think I only need an RE shiny to complete the quest =O
Sorry rykerr, but for shinies to count for a monthly quest, you have to catch them during that month. But it's a moot point anyways, since you're going to get BOTH Dialga and Palkia within the next couple of days.

That's a good question about shinies caught before joining the club. It's definitely open for discussion, and I don't see why not; if you were shiny hunting and got them during the contest timeframe, I think they should still count even if you weren't in the club at the time. If anyone has any other opinions or ideas about this, feel free to post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
I forgot the link to the old chat
You can now find the link to the chat in the first post!
Shiny Hunting Status:

Old August 4th, 2012, 06:33 AM
PhantomWolf

I'mmmmm baaaaccckkk!!!!! After forgetting my password, I have returned! Right now, I am soft resetting for charmander in fire red and Mudkip in emerald. Wish me luck! Also, does anyone here Skype?
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

@ Phantomwolf SRing on Emerald doesn't work =/
My Hunts:
Dialga - 1300 SRs
Combee - 258 HBs

I decide to try to get a shiny female combee on HG by headbutting those special trees north of cerulean city. They have 65% Combee and 35% Slakoth. I'm using a male clefairy with cute charm to get more female combees.

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
PhantomWolf

@arceus whisper Really, it doesn't? I've seen people on YouTube get shinies on emerald by sring, so you must have your facts wrong.
Anyway, so far on fire red, I have over 100 srs for charmander.

EDIT: restarting my hunt for charmander because I lost count. And I'm still hatching for snivy and started to sr for tepig.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; August 4th, 2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

If there's one thing I'm certain its that the RNG on Emerald is as broken as it can be. In theory you could start a new file each reset and fish for an early shiny frame or you could wait a little bit longer each reset. Either way it's RNG abuse, the only way to get shinies on emerald with out exploiting the RNG is to turn on Emerald and not turn it off. We do have a Shiny Hunting FAQ on the first page of this thread if you have any other questions.

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
@ Phantomwolf SRing on Emerald doesn't work =/
My Hunts:
Dialga - 1300 SRs
Combee - 258 HBs

I decide to try to get a shiny female combee on HG by headbutting those special trees north of cerulean city. They have 65% Combee and 35% Slakoth. I'm using a male clefairy with cute charm to get more female combees.
DON'T DO IT! Cute charm makes it so that cute charm is nuked on shinies! The mechanics of the game between cute charm and shinies are sort of incompatible, so with a cute charmer for females, you'll never(? if not rarely) find a female shiny. You can still find shinies, and females, but not female shinies. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
@arceus whisper Really, it doesn't? I've seen people on YouTube get shinies on emerald by sring, so you must have your facts wrong.
Anyway, so far on fire red, I have over 100 srs for charmander.

EDIT: restarting my hunt for charmander because I lost count. And I'm still hatching for snivy and started to sr for tepig.
Broken RNG It makes them RNG clones, or sometimes makes it much easier or impossible to find shinies. Complicated xD

EDIT:

Ho-oh: 12,750 SRs
Treecko: 8225 SRs

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; August 4th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here