The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Forever
let it go

Pretty much the title! Is it never knowing what the opponent has - the surprise factor, the fact that you like to be as creative as you can and see if that pays off, or is it for another reason? Share your thoughts!
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:34 AM
iiZqHD
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
What keeps me entertained is the fact that i just started and the fact that you can be creative and make random teams.

Current Challenges:
Ultimate Solo Challenge: Dratini
[FR,R,HG,P]

Check Out My Lets Plays Here
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Original_Blastoise

I like the feeling of adaptation. When you see their pokemon and have to decide which one they are going to battle. And the feeling of getting out of a trap the other player has set. yeah. i like a lot about battling.
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Trying out strategy after strategy to see what works best for me is what keeps me playing nowadays.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Imma reply to my own thread :3 as for me it's the challenge. I like being able to improve a team and do well with it and learn... issue is if I see the Pokemon too much in the same way I get sick of it - aka OU, so I guess what does matter for me mostly is the fact that there different things and that makes me want to battle.
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evisector

Nature: Calm
The mind game.

I'll use move X as he has Pokemon A out. Wait? What if he expects that and switches to Pokemon B to take that hit? Maybe move Y would be better? What if he stays in? Would switching to Pokemon C be the better move? What about using move z if he decides to do switch to Pokemon D, expecting Pokemon C. Maybe I should switch to Pokemon E. But what if I get paralyzed, or get hit critically? Then what would I do?

Honestly, despite all the Pokemon hax >.<, it is this sort of interaction between the players that I find most enjoyable, the constant battle of prediction, strategy and in some cases the completely unexpected surprises you kept hidden to unleash at the opportune moment to take the game.
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

I love being able to create a strategy that's far from the norm on Smogon or wherever, and then to see my crazy ideas come together and actually work (or fail miserably). Making a team, losing a few times, realizing why, fixing the team... It's all a ton of fun.

Although the most satisfying is setting up a few Dragon/Quiver Dances and crushing the opponents dreams. Mwahahaha.
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Brawly
Gym Leader

Team variety, I find myself spending hours a day making rare teams.

友情
"Battling is vast and it's deep. You can't see the bottom. It's just like the sea of Hoenn!"
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I lost major interest because of all the butthurt fifteen-year-olds taking it way too seriously.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
littlebrother

Nature: Serious
What keeps me interested is the sheer number of ways any person against me can win. If I find out that I'm losing for a particular reason, I have to balance my team around being able to eliminate that one threat.

It's perfect to learn how to take over the world.
Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really want to encourage that by staying on here all day? Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?

-littlebrother
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM
.MiKeY
Rabid Knight

I guess it would have to be the various metagames in Pokemon. Last year I almost quit because everything was getting too bland and ordinary, but then I went to the VGC metagame, and it is soooo much more fun.
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Probably making new strategies. Or thinking how to make comback in dire situations =D Those aspects are what makes me continue to battle =D
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Fairy
pixie ・【ピクシー】

The people keep me battling. Since I don't spend too much time taking battling seriously, when I do battle, it's most likely with friends. We're able to have fun, laugh at stupid mistakes, then post silly battle logs. And all of that comes with its own set of rewards.

Old September 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

The fact that there is a tier that is actually quite balanced, despite being very offensive. Also the fact that I suck at it makes me want to battle more.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links