The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Didn't Chaosrush already said that he isn't accepting anymore helpers?
he said don't spam him about if he liked it/ if he will use it
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
he said don't spam him about if he liked it/ if he will use it
Yeah but your Deino sprite is just the official sprite with no changes, so its completely unnecessary post.

Oh and I'm going to say right here and now: The only person allowed to post sprites besides me is Wiznatts, and Tailes (this one dude from Nuzlocke Forums) So it doesn't matter what I said in the past, I've been making good progress recently, so no more helpers.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

My PM box is full and I am choosing to keep it that way.

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; July 24th, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Wow, this has progressed a lot since I last visited.
It's good to see this project is still on track :D
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Some more sprites, but with explanations:

Couldn't really angle the backsprite without making it look too small, hence why I chose that angle. Besides, I find this backsprite hilarious... "Go! Square!"

If anyone is wondering why I made the eyes in the backsprite like that, that's because Scraggy's eyes are supposed to look like that:
(official Sugimori art)

Sigilyph was an absolute pain to do, it was probably the longest I've ever worked on a sprite. ugggggghhhhhh

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Very nice! Sigilyph in particular looks fantastic.

Mah Pokes.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
Will these work with Emerald? I don't see a frame 2 sprite, so...
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
Will these work with Emerald? I don't see a frame 2 sprite, so...
Unfortunately these won't work with Emerald. This project is supposed to cater to Jambo51's sprite needs for his ROM hacking project, and it's also catering to my own needs for my ROM hacking project, neither of us which use Emerald. It would be a shame to continue seeing ROM hacks with crappily resized sprites, so this project will also cater to the needs of other people hacking Ruby & FireRed.

If I did 2nd frames, that would add about 700+ extra sprites to resize/scratch, which would add about another year for this project to be finished. And I'm trying to finish this project as fast as possible.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

These are actually great. And I'm glad that you're respriting backsprites instead of using the small backsprites made specifically for the Black and White games.
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM
Bix Nood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Unfortunately these won't work with Emerald. This project is supposed to cater to Jambo51's sprite needs for his ROM hacking project, and it's also catering to my own needs for my ROM hacking project, neither of us which use Emerald. It would be a shame to continue seeing ROM hacks with crappily resized sprites, so this project will also cater to the needs of other people hacking Ruby & FireRed.

If I did 2nd frames, that would add about 700+ extra sprites to resize/scratch, which would add about another year for this project to be finished. And I'm trying to finish this project as fast as possible.
These sprites, though lacking frame 1, are actually usable on Emerald. You simply import all the sprites (using Wichu's editor) selecting the "import all" command. Then you select the frame 1 button and you click the button "import" under the first sprite image, and you import the same sprite file. The final result misses the frame 1, but the animation is not ****ed up. I kicked the Frontier Brains's anuses with your Arceus, so it definitely works.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
MarinoKadame

I hope the gender difference will be better than most of them in the original games, most of them need you to look 5-10min just to see the change in size of the ears.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

oh hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
These are actually great. And I'm glad that you're respriting backsprites instead of using the small backsprites made specifically for the Black and White games.
Thank you. It's no easy task I tell you, but it has to be done. Every time I see a hack using unedited B/W backsprites I cringe...

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Crystal Spirit Version
Awesome mapper, Smart fella

Nature: Lonely
I am not keen what so ever on the backsprite of tortuga because its hard to tell what it is! Like it doesn't look like a tortuga. Sorry, everything else is perfect!!
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thundrake

I think it's fine. It's a backsprite, how are you not going to be able to tell what it is if you're using it?
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Spirit Version View Post
I am not keen what so ever on the backsprite of tortuga because its hard to tell what it is! Like it doesn't look like a tortuga. Sorry, everything else is perfect!!
Thank you for your suggestion, but I won't be changing it. It looks just fine to me, and so far you're the only one that said it doesn't look like a Tirtouga.

If you think that's bad, then take a look at this:

What is this? Is this some weird blue ball thing that can open and close with those four square things? Is that really supposed to be a Metagross?

Wait what? The body is too small and gets cut off in a weird shape by one of its legs. Oh and there's a floating Beldum where one of its legs should be. wat

With that said, if Game Freak can get away with using a pile of blue rocks as Metagross's backsprite, then I think I can get away with my Tirtouga sprite, which I used the B/W sprite as a reference.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:34 AM
SneakerTheOtter
Otter Power!

Nature: Mild
The Tirtouga backsprite is great. I've seen plenty of official sprites in the games where you can't see 90% of the Pokemon, just to emphasise his point.

Nearly done with Thundurus, I'll pm it to you due to a lack of 15 posts yet ._.
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Okay, so I'm going to update the helpers rules and make things official:

If you would like to help with this project, PM me an example of your work, and I will judge your skills based on said work. If you qualify, you are allowed to post sprites.

Right now, the only people qualified to help with this project are:
Wiznatts
Tailes
SneakerTheOtter

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:29 AM
SneakerTheOtter
Otter Power!

I've made the standard Kyurem sprite. It's not great, particularly the face, but I just can't seem to get it any better:

It still looks a bit small, in my opinion, but when I resized the actual sprite I got this tiny thing:

Tidier looking face (although Kyurem isn't really supposed to have a nice, smooth face), but hideously small. Are either of them any good to you?

Last edited by SneakerTheOtter; August 8th, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerTheOtter View Post
I've made the standard Kyurem sprite. It's not great, particularly the face, but I just can't seem to get it any better:

It still looks a bit small, in my opinion, but when I resized the actual sprite I got this tiny thing:

Tidier looking face (although Kyurem isn't really supposed to have a nice, smooth face), but hideously small. Are either of them any good to you?
Well I can't use either of them because you saved them as jpg...

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
SneakerTheOtter
Otter Power!

That's odd, on my computer they're listed as .png ._.

Here they are again, hope it actually works this time:

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I need good KELDEO resolution form Resize... I need them to my Hack <POKEMON UNOVA RUBY>
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
SneakerTheOtter
Otter Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I need good KELDEO resolution form Resize... I need them to my Hack <POKEMON UNOVA RUBY>
This is a pretty big project, and will take quite some time to finish. Keldeo's Resolution sprite will get done eventually, but it won't get done the instant someone asks for it. Have patience =D
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
ascension7
Creator of UnovaHGSS

These are very nice sprites! I'm going to use these for my hack. While they aren't catered to the 80x80 era, they're definitely better than the tiny sprites of BW (and I think I'm probably the only one who's using 5th gen Pokemon in 4th gen anyway). Thank you for doing all this work! Really appreciate it, especially the detail in the size boundaries of small/med/large Pokemon.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Acesion7 have right.... I also use this sprites in my project POKEMON UNOVA RUBY... And I am happy to seen if someone want make a life of GBA Hackers easlier... Beafore i use normal <96x96> sprites and shrink them to the games <With worst effect> Now with this resource i can make my UNOVA pokemons in HOENN Region hack. Thank you!

(I know if this is offtopic... But i do not know)
Who know program other than SAPPY <Not work in my PC :<> To editing Music in GBA... I want add Unova music into my game... *I resize sprites and add oryginal sized Overworld sprites of NPC and Heroes*
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954

Last edited by Ksiazek Bartlomiej; August 8th, 2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

@SneakerTheOtter: For future reference, PM me your sprites so that people that don't read the first post won't think they can just post sprites. And I'm probably going to use the first Kyurem sprite you posted.

Anyhow, here's some more Pokeymawn:

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I love all of the work you put into this, and as a (mediocre) spriter myself, I know just how much of a pain it is, especially having to make custom ones. These are amazing, and if you don't mind I will be using these amazing Gen 5 pokemon, thank you so much, and good luck with you're very daunting task!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links