The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #7151    
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Darkdata's Avatar
Darkdata
15 year old me was an idiot.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Nature: Calm
You can remove the flag, and the setvar from this script.
Set the var up by one when you want the script to stop activating.
__________________
Jul | Homepage
  #7152    
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
SpadeEdge16's Avatar
SpadeEdge16
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
So, I recently messed up my rom by deleting scripts and flags that were important, and someone on here told me that most people when they hack roms dont even delete the scripts and flags from the actual memory, they just take them off the map and add their own, I only deleted them because I didnt think there would b enough room for all my scripts, which leads me to my question:
If I don't use any of the flags that are already in the game, is it possible tomake my own flags and use those? How woudl I do that?
Also, how will I know when there isn't enough memory in my rom while making new scripted events?
  #7153    
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
NG55's Avatar
NG55
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Pokemon FireRed At the beginning of the game when you choose a Pokemon and your rival chooses as well; I need to change that so the Player goes and gets two eggs from different aides and then the rival goes to a third aide and gets his one egg. I need that to work out so that Oak let's you leave. If deleting the battle is going to screw something up please tell me.

I also need to know how to make a signpost script

Last edited by NG55; August 6th, 2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #7154    
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvydaehunt View Post
Game: Fire Red (US9
Type: Level
Editor: XSE
The problem is it actually works, but only once, and I want it to keep happening until I set the flag.
Script:
Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x71A5E0
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x871A5E6
#raw 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x71A5E6
#raw word 0x4051
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8800262
#raw word 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x800262
checkflag 0x1002
if 0x1 goto 0x8800294
applymovement 0xB 0x8800297
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880029B MSG_FACE '"You can't be here!!"
applymovement 0xB 0x88002B1
setvar 0x4051 0x1
clearflag 0x1002
warp 0x3 0x0 0x2 0x0 0x0
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800294
release
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80029B
= You can't be here!!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800297
#raw 0x4 'Face Down (Faster)
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x8002B1
#raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
You have to input a setvar command, use it so the event won't happen again, and again... xD

Use the setvar you use in the map script... And put it in the end of the script...
__________________
  #7155    
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
So, I recently messed up my rom by deleting scripts and flags that were important, and someone on here told me that most people when they hack roms dont even delete the scripts and flags from the actual memory, they just take them off the map and add their own, I only deleted them because I didnt think there would b enough room for all my scripts, which leads me to my question:
If I don't use any of the flags that are already in the game, is it possible tomake my own flags and use those? How woudl I do that?
Also, how will I know when there isn't enough memory in my rom while making new scripted events?
Most people here rely on tools for checking where there is memory for the events you include or not. All pokemon roms have a lot of free space in them (even Emerald and 1st and 2nd gen games which I believe you're not looking an answer for). I personally delete most of the original events when I make those of my own but I'm a 2nd gen hacker and if you're going to go with FireRed for instance, you don't have to do this.

You can't make your own flags because flags are actually bits of memory in GBA's ram. Basically, someone has probably told you data consists of 0's and 1's. Well, when a flag is unset, a certain part of memory is 0 and when that flag is set, that part of memory turns into 1. Where there is free space in ram memory, lots of 0's (in hexadecimal, shown as 00), you can make your flags set bits (value of bit - 0/1) in there.

This probably felt a bit confusing and I know I wouldn't have understood a thing about it 2 years ago myself but still, this is how it goes. There are ought to be some unused flag bits around which you can use for unused ram memory (as explained above, contains lots of 00's of which values do not change during the gameplay). I believe there is a list of flag bits you can safely use in Research & Development section but that's only a belief (as I've seen a thread related to flags not a long time ago).
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
  #7156    
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post


You have to input a setvar command, use it so the event won't happen again, and again... xD

Use the setvar you use in the map script... And put it in the end of the script...
I think that's precisly what he doesn't want.
Since he wants script to happen over and over until the flag is set, setting the variable would be killing his wish =D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #7157    
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I think that's precisly what he doesn't want.
Since he wants script to happen over and over until the flag is set, setting the variable would be killing his wish =D
Oh, sorry I thought he said that it happens all over again and he/she doesn't want that to happen...
__________________
  #7158    
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:39 AM
NG55's Avatar
NG55
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Pokemon FireRed
At the beginning of the game when you choose a Pokemon and your rival chooses as well; I need to change that so the Player goes and gets two eggs from different aides and then the rival goes to a third aide and gets his one egg. I need that to work out so that Oak let's you leave. If deleting the battle is going to screw something up please tell me.
And I also need to know how to make a signpost script
  #7159    
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Korvydaehunt's Avatar
Korvydaehunt
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post


Oh, sorry I thought he said that it happens all over again and he/she doesn't want that to happen...
Thanks, I already fixed it, I must be getting blind because I hadn't noticed I had used a setvar there, oh well, everything is good now.
__________________
Quote:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's an Alpha Legionnaire in disguise.
  #7160    
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
The_Show
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carracosta Rock, Akmin Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post


If I remember correctly, I do believe you need to use setflag in a weather script.
So try this:
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800C37

#org @start
setweather 0x3
doweather
setflag 0x200 (If you haven't used 200, If you have, just use 201+)
release
end
No, it didn't work. When has it worked for you?
  #7161    
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:03 AM
destinydownloads's Avatar
destinydownloads
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
No, it didn't work. When has it worked for you?
Try this, it's from diegoisawesome's xse script tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @next
setweather 0x3
doweather
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @next
setweather 0x2
doweather
clearflag 0x200
release
end
  #7162    
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:27 AM
The_Show
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carracosta Rock, Akmin Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydownloads View Post
Try this, it's from diegoisawesome's xse script tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @next
setweather 0x3
doweather
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @next
setweather 0x2
doweather
clearflag 0x200
release
end
Unfortunately this didn't work either. What I did do, however, is I plugged the weather script into a talking script. So whenever you talk to that person the weather will start... hopefully I can get the weather script to work on a level script.
----------------------------------
Pokemon Ruby
XSE
SCRIPT BOX

I want this script to look like a normal warp, so when you step into it it will warp you to a place, tricking the player into thinking he has actually stepped into a warp..... a little confusing but it will have a big use:

Spoiler:
Remember RD Reign of Legends? Remember Bee Woods? The first time you walk into Bee Woods, there is no cave in the back. But when you defeat Royal Darkness, the next time you enter Bee Woods there is a cave in the back. This is the kind of script I hope to make.


Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800EE8

#org @start
warp 0x18 0xB 0x5 0x0 0x0
release
end


But when I step on the box, nothing happens.

Last edited by The_Show; August 7th, 2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Had another question
  #7163    
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
Unfortunately this didn't work either. What I did do, however, is I plugged the weather script into a talking script. So whenever you talk to that person the weather will start... hopefully I can get the weather script to work on a level script.
Ah, so you are trying to make it a level script.
If that's the case, follow my tutorial on level scripts by using your own weather script just to make sure you have the steps correct.
Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvDX1_b8Ek

It could just be that you're forgetting a step in the process.
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #7164    
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM
SpadeEdge16's Avatar
SpadeEdge16
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
can someone tell me whats wrong here? I'm trying to make it so if they player selects "no" he just ends the script, but if they player chooses "yes" they warp directly into the lab. but when i talk to oak, the correct thing happens when i choose "no", but when i choose "yes" he also goes to the no part of the script. I dunno why? :/

#dynamic 0x0034EBA2
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x5
compare 0x1 0x0
if 0x1 goto @warp

msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @warp
msgbox @3 0x6
closeonkeypress
warp 0x4 0x3 0x0 0x6 0xC
setvar 0x4055 0x2
release
end

#org @1
= Oh! For once a trainer that\ndoesn't run off without me! Would\lyou like to follow me to my lab?

#org @2
= Very well then, just don't try and\ngo running off on your own!

#org @3
= Excellent! Let's go!
  #7165    
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
@Spade: I think the problem is with compare command...
The usual compare command is like this: "compare LASTRESULT 0x1" which means if player chose the yes do the next command.
But I read somewhere that the newest XSE doesn't support LASTRESULT...
Well you may as well try it to see if it works for you.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #7166    
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
can someone tell me whats wrong here? I'm trying to make it so if they player selects "no" he just ends the script, but if they player chooses "yes" they warp directly into the lab. but when i talk to oak, the correct thing happens when i choose "no", but when i choose "yes" he also goes to the no part of the script. I dunno why? :/

#dynamic 0x0034EBA2
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x5
compare 0x1 0x0
if 0x1 goto @warp

msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @warp
msgbox @3 0x6
closeonkeypress
warp 0x4 0x3 0x0 0x6 0xC
setvar 0x4055 0x2
release
end

#org @1
= Oh! For once a trainer that\ndoesn't run off without me! Would\lyou like to follow me to my lab?

#org @2
= Very well then, just don't try and\ngo running off on your own!

#org @3
= Excellent! Let's go!
Well everything is good except for compare 0x1 0x0, just change it to compare 0x800D 0x1, as ASH493 said LASTRESULT is not anymore recognized in the latest version of XSE, it has now been changed to 0x800D

So for you to get the script easily here's the working script...
Quote:
#dynamic 0x0034EBA2
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @warp

msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @warp
msgbox @3 0x6
closeonkeypress
warp 0x4 0x3 0x0 0x6 0xC
setvar 0x4055 0x2
release
end
Quote:
#org @1
= Oh! For once a trainer that\ndoesn't run off without me! Would\lyou like to follow me to my lab?

#org @2
= Very well then, just don't try and\ngo running off on your own!

#org @3
= Excellent! Let's go!
Hope this helps... xD
__________________
  #7167    
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
dustination's Avatar
dustination
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

So anyway, the problem is that, whenever I make a script, save it as a .rbc, and right click to compile, the '(LOG) Instant' window shows up and does all its usual stuff, but then just stops at the end.

Here is the entire code if it helps any

Code:
#PROCESS: script.rbc F:2 for input
---------------------------------
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
3: Code Command - checkflag [2B] 
 -> 43 &h828
attached: "+(" into 0
5: Code Alias
if1 [6] 
 -> 6 1 $done
attached: "!PTR" into 0
- log $done in buffer 0 at byte: 5
7: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $1
attached: "
- log $1 in buffer 0 at byte: 11
9: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "	" into 0
11: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move
attached: "O
- log $move in buffer 0 at byte: 20
13: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 &h0
attached: "Q
15: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move2
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move2 in buffer 0 at byte: 30
17: Code Command - pause [28] 
 -> 40 &h30
attached: "(0
19: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $2
attached: "
- log $2 in buffer 0 at byte: 39
21: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "	" into 0
23: Code Command - playsound [33] 
 -> 51 &h13E
attached: "3>" into 0
25: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
attached: "" into 0
27: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move3
attached: "O
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 52
29: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move3
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 59
31: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 0
attached: "Q
33: Code Command - fadesound [35] 
 -> 53 &h12C
attached: "5," into 0
35: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
attached: "" into 0
37: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
39: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2
attached: "" into 0
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
44: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
46: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2
attached: "" into 0
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
51: RAW DATA - raw &h62 &h12 &h12 &h12 &h12 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
56: RAW DATA - raw &h03 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
61: RAW DATA - raw &h13 &h13 &h13 &h13 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
 
#INLINE: 0, 1
66: Encoding text: 1 1
CODE: ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿ
- Into buffer 1
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
 
#INLINE: 0, 1
71: Encoding text: 2 1
CODE: Óãé
- Into buffer 1
|
\- Processed 820 Lines
 
#PROCESS: C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop\script.buf F:2 for write
---------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT BUFFER DROP 10 [NO COMMENT]
DROPPING 7 Pointers
$done at buffer 0 position 5 
$1 at buffer 0 position 11 
$move at buffer 0 position 20 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 30 
$2 at buffer 0 position 39 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 52 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 59 
DROPPING 5 Offsetts
$start at buffer 0 position 0 
$done at buffer 0 position 72 
$move at buffer 0 position 74 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 80 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 82 
DROPPING 2 Offsetts
$1 at buffer 1 position 0 
$2 at buffer 1 position 16 
BUFFER 0 DROP: 87 [+(!PTR
BUFFER 1 DROP: 93 [ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿÓãé
|
\- Processed 16 Buffers
 
|
\- Processed 820 Lines
 
|
\- Processed 0 Lines
And then, the little bufrite window never pops up. (You know, the one with burn, destination, assign, and all that jazz)

So what I'm asking is if there is any alternative way to get it up, or if I am just missing files/doing something wrong. (Weather it be with the script or with my just being outright stupid.)

Before anyone asks, this is the code I am trying to use. (Although I HAVE tried other scripts and the same problem takes place)

Code:
#org $start
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true goto $continue
lock
message $1
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =I better check what's \nin that box...

#org $move
#raw 0x09 0xFE

#org $continue
release
end
Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks!!
__________________
Don't underestimate the PODS
  #7168    
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Well everything is good except for compare 0x1 0x0, just change it to compare 0x800D 0x1, as ASH493 said LASTRESULT is not anymore recognized in the latest version of XSE, it has now been changed to 0x800D
Hope this helps... xD
So it's the same :D 800D was the "number" of LASTRESULT even in the old XSE... it seems it did not change that much :D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #7169    
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Lorans
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustination View Post
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

So anyway, the problem is that, whenever I make a script, save it as a .rbc, and right click to compile, the '(LOG) Instant' window shows up and does all its usual stuff, but then just stops at the end.

Here is the entire code if it helps any

Code:
#PROCESS: script.rbc F:2 for input
---------------------------------
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
3: Code Command - checkflag [2B] 
 -> 43 &h828
attached: "+(" into 0
5: Code Alias
if1 [6] 
 -> 6 1 $done
attached: "!PTR" into 0
- log $done in buffer 0 at byte: 5
7: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $1
attached: "
- log $1 in buffer 0 at byte: 11
9: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "    " into 0
11: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move
attached: "O
- log $move in buffer 0 at byte: 20
13: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 &h0
attached: "Q
15: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move2
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move2 in buffer 0 at byte: 30
17: Code Command - pause [28] 
 -> 40 &h30
attached: "(0
19: Code Alias
loadpointer [F] 
 -> 15 &h00 $2
attached: "
- log $2 in buffer 0 at byte: 39
21: Code Command - boxset [9] 
 -> 9 6
attached: "    " into 0
23: Code Command - playsound [33] 
 -> 51 &h13E
attached: "3>" into 0
25: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
attached: "" into 0
27: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &h04 $move3
attached: "O
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 52
29: Code Command - applymovement [4F] 
 -> 79 &hff $move3
attached: "Oÿ
- log $move3 in buffer 0 at byte: 59
31: Code Command - pausemove [51] 
 -> 81 0
attached: "Q
33: Code Command - fadesound [35] 
 -> 53 &h12C
attached: "5," into 0
35: Code Command - nop [1] 
 -> 1
attached: "" into 0
37: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
39: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2
attached: "" into 0
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
44: Code Command - release [6C] 
 -> 108
attached: "l" into 0
46: Code Command - end [2] 
 -> 2
attached: "" into 0
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
51: RAW DATA - raw &h62 &h12 &h12 &h12 &h12 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
56: RAW DATA - raw &h03 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
61: RAW DATA - raw &h13 &h13 &h13 &h13 &hFE
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
 
#INLINE: 0, 1
66: Encoding text: 1 1
CODE: ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿ
- Into buffer 1
 
#OFFSET: 0, 0
 
#INLINE: 0, 1
71: Encoding text: 2 1
CODE: Óãé
- Into buffer 1
|
\- Processed 820 Lines
 
#PROCESS: C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop\script.buf F:2 for write
---------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT BUFFER DROP 10 [NO COMMENT]
DROPPING 7 Pointers
$done at buffer 0 position 5 
$1 at buffer 0 position 11 
$move at buffer 0 position 20 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 30 
$2 at buffer 0 position 39 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 52 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 59 
DROPPING 5 Offsetts
$start at buffer 0 position 0 
$done at buffer 0 position 72 
$move at buffer 0 position 74 
$move2 at buffer 0 position 80 
$move3 at buffer 0 position 82 
DROPPING 2 Offsetts
$1 at buffer 1 position 0 
$2 at buffer 1 position 16 
BUFFER 0 DROP: 87 [+(!PTR
BUFFER 1 DROP: 93 [ÑÕÕÕÝÝÝÝèèèè«««ÿÓãé
|
\- Processed 16 Buffers
 
|
\- Processed 820 Lines
 
|
\- Processed 0 Lines
And then, the little bufrite window never pops up. (You know, the one with burn, destination, assign, and all that jazz)

So what I'm asking is if there is any alternative way to get it up, or if I am just missing files/doing something wrong. (Weather it be with the script or with my just being outright stupid.)

Before anyone asks, this is the code I am trying to use. (Although I HAVE tried other scripts and the same problem takes place)

Code:
#org $start
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true goto $continue
lock
message $1
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 =I better check what's \nin that box...

#org $move
#raw 0x09 0xFE

#org $continue
release
end
Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks!!
You could try an entirely different compiler -- XSE. From the looks of your snippet of code, you're using PokeScript. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but from the little time I was here, I've heard nothing reassuring or at least decent about it. I think it all depends on which you feel comfortable with using, and I can definitely recommend XSE. Just my quick two cents here. I'd wait for a more trustworthy hacker to walk you through.
  #7170    
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:04 AM
The_Show
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carracosta Rock, Akmin Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
first off thanks again Nate VonGrimm (think i spelled it right)

So I know there is a "move screen" command where the screen moves but not the player. What is the command name and how do I use it?
  #7171    
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
first off thanks again Nate VonGrimm (think i spelled it right)

So I know there is a "move screen" command where the screen moves but not the player. What is the command name and how do I use it?
From my biography: (yeah, lol, I'm keeping scripts as my biography xD)

Code:
Move camera script
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw (these can be any movements as long as it comes back to the user)* * = If the camera moves 3 up, then 2 left, then the camera MUST return to it's orignal postion.

EXPLANATION
The special 0x113 and special 0x114 are the most important part of the script. The script is relying on it, so, no special 0x113 or 0x114's, no Move Camera Scripts.

Lockall
This is almost like the command "lock" except it locks every person on the map.

Special 0x113
This makes the player be frozen. And any other people should be as well.

Applymovement 0x7F @move
Applymovement = Applymovement, but the 7F tells the game we are moving the Camera instead of people. The movements are the same as if you were moving people.

Special 0x114
This releases the 'Special 0x113' if this is not present, then you can't move at all

Releaseall
Kinda like 'release' except it releases all people on the map
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign
  #7172    
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
first off thanks again Nate VonGrimm (think i spelled it right)

So I know there is a "move screen" command where the screen moves but not the player. What is the command name and how do I use it?
You spelt it right and you're welcome =]

And I would answer your question but Ash493 got there first and explained it in better detail then I would have aha
__________________
Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


  #7173    
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
SpadeEdge16's Avatar
SpadeEdge16
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
For the guys who helped me last time, thank you! It was actually exactly what I needed. xD
But now I'm having more script trouble, haha.
This event works fairly well, except for two things.

one: for some reason this battle keeps on being a double battle! ive set the trainerbattle's 1st parameter to 0x0,0x1,and 0x2 cause I'm not sure abotu those, and even when I only have one Pokemon it still seems to be a double, and I've made sure all of the A-trainer info is correct. Also, if I just defeat the Pokemon on the right, it says I've won the battle and continues the script.

two: At the end when the opponent is supposed to walk away, off of the screen, but for some reason, she takes her first step, then vanishes. I've traied taking hidesprite off and using #raw 0x60 in the applymovement, ive also tried it the other way around, and when i dont use the hidesprite command, she will take her first movement, then freeze. the game doesnt freeze, just the character.

and on another note, can someone tell me how to put things in spoilers? xD

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x161
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0xFF @approach
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @ace 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @notice
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x2 0x6 0x3 @challenge @defeat @after

#org @after
msgbox @takeit 0x6
additem 0x04 0xA
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @here 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x161
msgbox @bye 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @leave
applymovement 0xFF @watch
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x0
release
end

#org @leave
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @watch
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @here
= [player] recieved POKEBALLS!

#org @defeat
= ACE: Not too bad for a beginner!

#org @bye
= ACE: Those are POKEBALLS!\nThey're used for catching new\lPOKEMON to join your team!\lI know you'll put them to good\luse!

#org @takeit
= ACE: Haha, not bad!\nYou know, you're one tough\ltrainer!\lI think someone like you could use\lthese!

#org @challenge
= ACE: Hey there! What's your name?\n...\lNice to meet you [player], my name is\lACE!\lI'm a new POKEMON TRAINER from\lFUSCHIA CITY!\lI heard that most people start on\lROUTE 1, so I came here and I\lcaught my first POKEMON!\lWhy don't you see for yourself!

#org @ace
= ACE: Poor flowers...\nHow can you guys grow in this kind\lof weather?

#org @approach
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @notice
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
release
end
  #7174    
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
aar2697
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
For the guys who helped me last time, thank you! It was actually exactly what I needed. xD
But now I'm having more script trouble, haha.
This event works fairly well, except for two things.

one: for some reason this battle keeps on being a double battle! ive set the trainerbattle's 1st parameter to 0x0,0x1,and 0x2 cause I'm not sure abotu those, and even when I only have one Pokemon it still seems to be a double, and I've made sure all of the A-trainer info is correct. Also, if I just defeat the Pokemon on the right, it says I've won the battle and continues the script.

two: At the end when the opponent is supposed to walk away, off of the screen, but for some reason, she takes her first step, then vanishes. I've traied taking hidesprite off and using #raw 0x60 in the applymovement, ive also tried it the other way around, and when i dont use the hidesprite command, she will take her first movement, then freeze. the game doesnt freeze, just the character.

and on another note, can someone tell me how to put things in spoilers? xD
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x161
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0xFF @approach
waitmovement 0xFF
msgbox @ace 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @notice
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x2 0x6 0x3 @challenge @defeat @after

#org @after
msgbox @takeit 0x6
additem 0x04 0xA
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @here 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x161
msgbox @bye 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @leave
applymovement 0xFF @watch
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x0
release
end

#org @leave
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @watch
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @here
= [player] recieved POKEBALLS!

#org @defeat
= ACE: Not too bad for a beginner!

#org @bye
= ACE: Those are POKEBALLS!\nThey're used for catching new\lPOKEMON to join your team!\lI know you'll put them to good\luse!

#org @takeit
= ACE: Haha, not bad!\nYou know, you're one tough\ltrainer!\lI think someone like you could use\lthese!

#org @challenge
= ACE: Hey there! What's your name?\n...\lNice to meet you [player], my name is\lACE!\lI'm a new POKEMON TRAINER from\lFUSCHIA CITY!\lI heard that most people start on\lROUTE 1, so I came here and I\lcaught my first POKEMON!\lWhy don't you see for yourself!

#org @ace
= ACE: Poor flowers...\nHow can you guys grow in this kind\lof weather?

#org @approach
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x18
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @notice
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
release
end
Put an "end" after the trainerbattle line.
Give a Person ID to the person you're battling, which is a flag so make sure you set it appropriately, and put setflag 0x[p.id] after the hidesprite line in the script. This will permanently hide that character rather than them reappearing. I don't know much about the player stuff, but I think 0xFF should be changed to MOVE_PLAYER. Oh, you could also set the Person ID to the flag you already have in the script, to make things more efficient.

trainerbattle 0x0 is a simple battle with just challenge and defeat text, then the battle ends.
trainerbattle 0x0 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat
trainerbattle 0x1 continues to a script after defeat. You go to PokeCenter if you lose; after text doesn't show until you beat him.
trainerbattle 0x1 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat @afterbattle
trainerbattle 0x2 does the same as 0x1, but I don't know if there are any other differences.
trainerbattle 0x1 0xTR 0x0 @intro @defeat @afterbattle
trainerbattle 0x3 only has defeat text, but the script continues afterwards. It doesn't require an address to another part of the script, it just continues to the next line.
trainerbattle 0x3 0xTR 0x0 @defeat
trainerbattle 0x4 same as 0x2. Used in double battles, but might not require two Pokemon. I'm really not sure.
trainerbattle 0x5 used for rebattles with V.S. Seeker. Uses same format as 0x0.
trainerbattle 0x6 ????
trainerbattle 0x7 same as 0x4
trainerbattle 0x8 ????
trainerbattle 0x9 This one has text for if you win and if the foe wins.
trainerbattle 0x9 0xTR 0x0 @youwin @hewins

Also, try using a different trainer for everything; trainer #0x6 might be glitched for you.
  #7175    
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Mr.KoolAid
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Female
I was having trouble with scripting, so i got some help. This other person made a script that works perfectly for them. No problems occurred in the rom we were working on for him. But when i run the rom stuff goes wrong. The scrip that was made (which is only supposed to occur once) occurs twice for me. Multiple times I tried and I can do the script twice over, no more, no less. Also when I go to other maps (like from a town to a route) everything goes weird, it will show random sprites and building pieces that I did not put there, this has always happened, on any rom I change. I downloaded Amap 1.92 (i was having worse problems with 1.95) from this site.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? It is making it near impossible to make a rom hack.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.