Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old August 8th, 2012 (12:58 AM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by M4.
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Despite Pokemon becoming a pastime for people outside of Japan, from little children to old creepy men, Pokemon is still regarded as a game you shouldn't buy unless you're under the age of 12 or you just lack friends that would normally draw private parts on your face if you ever pass out during a party.

So when the day BW2 comes out in English. Would you become a man with over 9000 testosterone and face the cashier and say, "Can I buy Pokemon White 2?", or will you wear your antisocial hoodie, pull the strings on the hoodie until you look like Kenny from South Park, and confront the cashier with a Post-it on your palm saying "Can I buy that game called Pokemon Black 2?".

I'm interested to hear yours.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old August 8th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I work in retail, I'm the leisure manager which involves the home entertainment department, so i generally open the boxes of games that are a new release and see if i want them, but if I'm off on the day it comes in i just go to the desk and get it.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old August 8th, 2012 (02:31 AM).
Evisector

Nature: Calm
In my opinion, the reason Pokemon has a 'kids label' attached to it because of the anime. Nintendo didn't say 'we are going to make a game from this show', they allowed 4kids to create a show from the game that would entertain kids - which doesn't necessarily reflect the content of the game. I can still remember Thunderbolt affecting Ground-types right back to Ash's Pikachu vs Brock's Onyx back in the original series.

If you play the game competitively, you realize that the game mechanics are intricate and complex that (no offence to people who may read this), kids might not understand.

Although in this particular instance I've bought it online as it was cheaper and I've finally got used to online shopping, in previous cases (such as Gen IV) I've happily walked into a shop and as the OP put it, become a man with over 9000 testosterone and bought Pokemon games where the public can recognize me.
Old August 8th, 2012 (02:39 AM).
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?

Nature: Gentle
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay

My Trade Shop: Jay's Swagon Corner (An RNG Shop)

My FC - White: 3654 7325 5400
Old August 8th, 2012 (03:13 AM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by M4.
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by JaySawn:
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay
Of course the in depth content of the games were made for older people, but when you put the label Pokemon onto someone (games, TV, movies, clothing with Pikachus on them, cosplayers, trading cards, the fat black man that loves Pokemon, etc), what do you see from it?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old August 8th, 2012 (05:38 AM).
soopaord
Togepi

I'll just face the cashier like any other normal person and pay up. I don't need an excuse to buy B/W2
Old August 8th, 2012 (05:52 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'll go to Best Buy probably and go get the game and take it to the cash register. Then, I will pay with it using my debit card and smile at the cashier before leaving, saying thank you, have a nice day in the process.

Or, same thing at GameStop.
Old August 8th, 2012 (05:58 AM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by rubin.
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
Grow up. The only people that think playing Pokemon is something you need to be ashamed of are edgy teenagers, not adults. After reaching a certain age people generally don't care about what you like and buy. I'm a collage student right now, and many people will actually consider it pretty cool that you play such a nostalgic series.
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:09 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by JaySawn.
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by M4:
Of course the in depth content of the games were made for older people, but when you put the label Pokemon onto someone (games, TV, movies, clothing with Pikachus on them, cosplayers, trading cards, the fat black man that loves Pokemon, etc), what do you see from it?
A pokemon fan! :D

Highlighted: Ooo...abit racist no? xD j/k

I'm 16 and I don't really care what they put it on , put me in a pikachu costume and I'll wear it to a busy wal-mart and yell..." THIS IS A MAN'S SUIT!"

My Trade Shop: Jay's Swagon Corner (An RNG Shop)

My FC - White: 3654 7325 5400
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
What Mac said.

And deal with it, everyone (at least in the Bay Area) either thinks Pokemon is cool or doesn't know about it.

Old August 8th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Unless I saw someone I knew in the Gamestop I wouldn't care, I'd just quickly walk in find the game and get out. It's not really a big deal playing Pokemon.
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Pft. I'm not ashamed to buy Pokemon games. I go straight to the cashier and tell them what I want. There's nothing wrong with it.
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Might order it online.

Although really I don't have an excuse, plus why should I be ashamed to a stranger at the cashier which I will most likely never see again in my life? I never see my friends at the GameStop I go to anyways.
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
I would walk into gamestop, and in a loud voice, Say "I'm here for Pokemon Black 2" and proudly wait for my game :D
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:33 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm not ashamed that I will buy both Black 2 and White 2 when they are first released. Why would I be if I'm not ashamed to go and buy Pokémon plushies?

Besides, I work on checkouts, we don't really care if a 17 year old comes in and buys a Pokémon game.
Old August 8th, 2012 (12:53 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I work at Toys R Us and have two copies on reserve already XD When they come out I'll just move them behind my register and check them out when my shift ends~

Also majority of the people I've sold the games to are 15+ so I dunno where that Its for Children 12 and under stuff came from XD
Old August 8th, 2012 (01:34 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Last time I picked up a pokemon game I got to flurt with the cashier, ended up getting her number lol Maybe it'll happen again?
Old August 8th, 2012 (01:36 PM).
Alli
tͨ̀ ̡͕̗̫̘̣͛̆̏ͦ͢͡ h̓ͬͪͪ̊̍̋̿̎ȅ̊ m̴̨͍̬̿ͫͩͨͥͩͭ͠ ̙l̏ͦl ô̒́́ ͪ̋,͈͎ͮͨ̉̌̂͝͡ e ̴̅̽̇͑̓͋̃ͫ́҉

Nature: Timid
I grow balls and buy the games like I have for nearly ten years. It's not a big deal. I don't need an excuse or someone to use my money to get it for me. Most people that play Pokemon seem to be older, like Xander mentioned, so...who gives a flip flop?
Old August 8th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Someone else will probably buy it for me, but not because I'm ashamed, because it's right around my birthday so I'm going to ask for it instead of anything else. But most likely it'll be my boyfriend who gets it, and I'll be with him. Neither of us have any problem asking for a Pokemon game, and the employees really don't care.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old August 8th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I see everyone I know when I go into town so I'll be doing what I do best; staying at home and ordering stuff from play. n_____n
Old August 8th, 2012 (04:57 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't have much of an excuse to buy B2/W2 other than the fact I haven't played it before and love its new features. I'd just swipe the games off the shelf and pay the money.

Old August 8th, 2012 (08:52 PM).
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
I'm not going to really need an excuse if I'm going to pick up a game, I'll either take it off the shelf or ask for a copy, then pay for it and be on my way. Just like I do with any other game that I pick up.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #5: Literal Pocket Monsters

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old August 9th, 2012 (06:22 AM).
King Goodra
Community Supporter

...maybe where you come from. Around here, people play Pokémon openly in college during class.

My excuse to buying B2W2 is because I want it.
Old August 9th, 2012 (06:34 AM).
Boomburst
iconic
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Patchisou Yutohru:
My excuse to buying B2W2 is because I want it.
That's basically my reason why I want to purchase BW2. Also, I want to support the series and the large amount of designers and programmers by purchasing the game and not something like steal it.

TYRANNASNORE.
REVIEW BLOG.
Old August 9th, 2012 (12:30 PM).
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I'm not worried cause I'll be back at Uni by the time it comes out and people there are pretty accepting of it - plus, there'll be other people there my age as well if it's just coming out which makes it easier
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links